Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

Stagecoach North East: Service Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (52) Previous 148 49 5052 Next
08 Nov 2023, 11:08 pm #961
(08 Nov 2023, 10:44 pm)MurdnunoC But it's not though is it? And unlikely ever to be so your point is moot.

Where is the line drawn? How much is the Metro worth? Very happy the new tickets offer value for money so it's now irrelevant.
OrangeArrow49
08 Nov 2023, 11:08 pm #961

(08 Nov 2023, 10:44 pm)MurdnunoC But it's not though is it? And unlikely ever to be so your point is moot.

Where is the line drawn? How much is the Metro worth? Very happy the new tickets offer value for money so it's now irrelevant.

Storx

08 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm #962
(08 Nov 2023, 11:08 pm)OrangeArrow49 Where is the line drawn? How much is the Metro worth? Very happy the new tickets offer value for money so it's now irrelevant.

£4.85 for a day saver (with POP card) is nothing. It's a 25 mile round trip give or take, so roughly 17p per mile. Extremely low in transport terms.

It's also only £15.27 a week if you get a yearly season pass. It's really nothing.
Storx
08 Nov 2023, 11:15 pm #962

(08 Nov 2023, 11:08 pm)OrangeArrow49 Where is the line drawn? How much is the Metro worth? Very happy the new tickets offer value for money so it's now irrelevant.

£4.85 for a day saver (with POP card) is nothing. It's a 25 mile round trip give or take, so roughly 17p per mile. Extremely low in transport terms.

It's also only £15.27 a week if you get a yearly season pass. It's really nothing.

09 Nov 2023, 12:02 am #963
Seriously, will someone just ban my account, please. I've got absolutely zero interest in contributing to this forum.

For me, I respect people's choices. So I commute however I like and feel most comfortable. Metro stations attract so much anti social behaviour it's unreal. No issue with the Metro and grateful form the freedom the new tickets bring.

This forum is full of idiots and I want out.
Edited 09 Nov 2023, 12:05 am by OrangeArrow49.
OrangeArrow49
09 Nov 2023, 12:02 am #963

Seriously, will someone just ban my account, please. I've got absolutely zero interest in contributing to this forum.

For me, I respect people's choices. So I commute however I like and feel most comfortable. Metro stations attract so much anti social behaviour it's unreal. No issue with the Metro and grateful form the freedom the new tickets bring.

This forum is full of idiots and I want out.

11 Nov 2023, 12:17 pm #964
You know they should increase the 685 timings into every 30 minutes on a Monday-Sunday basis as 1.currently there are no other service serving Corbridge and Beyond except 685 due to GNE strike and an increased service would be better 2.On a Sunday it is quite bad,as if you want to go to Carlisle or Brampton you would have to wait an hour from eldon square then wait at least another half an hour to one hour depending what time the bus comes which I find ridiculous.They should definetly do this and maybe could make Sunday services at least every 45 mins instead of having to wait 1 hour from Monday-Sunday.
BusEnthusiast.com
11 Nov 2023, 12:17 pm #964

You know they should increase the 685 timings into every 30 minutes on a Monday-Sunday basis as 1.currently there are no other service serving Corbridge and Beyond except 685 due to GNE strike and an increased service would be better 2.On a Sunday it is quite bad,as if you want to go to Carlisle or Brampton you would have to wait an hour from eldon square then wait at least another half an hour to one hour depending what time the bus comes which I find ridiculous.They should definetly do this and maybe could make Sunday services at least every 45 mins instead of having to wait 1 hour from Monday-Sunday.

Aaron21

11 Nov 2023, 12:48 pm #965
(11 Nov 2023, 12:17 pm)BusEnthusiast.com You know they should increase the 685 timings into every 30 minutes on a Monday-Sunday basis as 1.currently there are no other service serving Corbridge and Beyond except 685 due to GNE strike and an increased service would be better 2.On a Sunday it is quite bad,as if you want to go to Carlisle or Brampton you would have to wait an hour from eldon square then wait at least another half an hour to one hour depending what time the bus comes which I find ridiculous.They should definetly do this and maybe could make Sunday services at least every 45 mins instead of having to wait 1 hour from Monday-Sunday.

I've noticed the 685 is now full decekrs now due to the strikes. It was rumours while ago that it would be decekrs and that seeks to be the case now
Aaron21
11 Nov 2023, 12:48 pm #965

(11 Nov 2023, 12:17 pm)BusEnthusiast.com You know they should increase the 685 timings into every 30 minutes on a Monday-Sunday basis as 1.currently there are no other service serving Corbridge and Beyond except 685 due to GNE strike and an increased service would be better 2.On a Sunday it is quite bad,as if you want to go to Carlisle or Brampton you would have to wait an hour from eldon square then wait at least another half an hour to one hour depending what time the bus comes which I find ridiculous.They should definetly do this and maybe could make Sunday services at least every 45 mins instead of having to wait 1 hour from Monday-Sunday.

I've noticed the 685 is now full decekrs now due to the strikes. It was rumours while ago that it would be decekrs and that seeks to be the case now

Storx

11 Nov 2023, 4:48 pm #966

Most people from Hexham and Carlisle, use the train. It's upto 3 TPH and much quicker than the 685. I know someone will say they're not using trains because of some reason but most people do in reality.

287k people from a rural station is quite a lot.
Storx
11 Nov 2023, 4:48 pm #966

Most people from Hexham and Carlisle, use the train. It's upto 3 TPH and much quicker than the 685. I know someone will say they're not using trains because of some reason but most people do in reality.

287k people from a rural station is quite a lot.

11 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm #967
(11 Nov 2023, 4:48 pm)Storx 287k people from a rural station is quite a lot.

Nearly 1000 people per day, probably more than the 685 could handle.
deanmachine
11 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm #967

(11 Nov 2023, 4:48 pm)Storx 287k people from a rural station is quite a lot.

Nearly 1000 people per day, probably more than the 685 could handle.

Storx

11 Nov 2023, 5:24 pm #968
(11 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm)deanmachine Nearly 1000 people per day, probably more than the 685 could handle.

Yeah pretty much, quite impressive really and I can't imagine there's thousands of people travelling towards Hexham either. Believe all the intermediate stations are around 80k aswell and some are only hourly.

One of the few local lines in the North East that isn't completely crap tbh.
Storx
11 Nov 2023, 5:24 pm #968

(11 Nov 2023, 4:58 pm)deanmachine Nearly 1000 people per day, probably more than the 685 could handle.

Yeah pretty much, quite impressive really and I can't imagine there's thousands of people travelling towards Hexham either. Believe all the intermediate stations are around 80k aswell and some are only hourly.

12 Nov 2023, 2:07 pm #969
(11 Nov 2023, 5:24 pm)Storx Yeah pretty much, quite impressive really and I can't imagine there's thousands of people travelling towards Hexham either. Believe all the intermediate stations are around 80k aswell and some are only hourly.

I forgot about the train because i haven't taken it to Hexham for so long
BusEnthusiast.com
12 Nov 2023, 2:07 pm #969

(11 Nov 2023, 5:24 pm)Storx Yeah pretty much, quite impressive really and I can't imagine there's thousands of people travelling towards Hexham either. Believe all the intermediate stations are around 80k aswell and some are only hourly.

I forgot about the train because i haven't taken it to Hexham for so long

12 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm #970
Also they should definitely have and express service connecting Welbeck Road and maybe even connecting as far as Regent Centre via City Centre and the West End via Stanhope Street and West Road.This suggestion is here because during peak time runs buses are very delayed on the 39 and 40 and 9 times out of 10 you will find it full even with deckers so I think there should definitely be an express maybe going like this:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Welbeck+...?entry=ttu

Ignore the little road on Sandyford road it is an error.It would definetly be better for an every 15 minute service as it would help boost reliability so you dont have to change at City Centre to transfer and get the 30/1/5 and walk nor take the metro plus in the morning and before school periods it would help so doesn't take so long getting other people at lots of different stops. and maybe a 30 minute service on Sundays and should be called the X39 or X40 ,idk which one.And for the other people wondering on the west end ,there should be an every 15 minute one from Welbeck road to Dumpling hall/Chapel House via Stanhope Street,first stop on Stanhope Street,3rd stop on Stanhope Street,5th stop on Stanhope Street,General Hospital,1st stop on the West Road,3rd stop on West Road,Fox and Hounds then runs express to Denton Burn Library and express to Lemingtion Road Ends then Dumpling Hall/Chapel House,Dumpling Hall first then Chapel House so would be every 7.5 minutes combined.
BusEnthusiast.com
12 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm #970

Also they should definitely have and express service connecting Welbeck Road and maybe even connecting as far as Regent Centre via City Centre and the West End via Stanhope Street and West Road.This suggestion is here because during peak time runs buses are very delayed on the 39 and 40 and 9 times out of 10 you will find it full even with deckers so I think there should definitely be an express maybe going like this:

Ignore the little road on Sandyford road it is an error.It would definetly be better for an every 15 minute service as it would help boost reliability so you dont have to change at City Centre to transfer and get the 30/1/5 and walk nor take the metro plus in the morning and before school periods it would help so doesn't take so long getting other people at lots of different stops. and maybe a 30 minute service on Sundays and should be called the X39 or X40 ,idk which one.And for the other people wondering on the west end ,there should be an every 15 minute one from Welbeck road to Dumpling hall/Chapel House via Stanhope Street,first stop on Stanhope Street,3rd stop on Stanhope Street,5th stop on Stanhope Street,General Hospital,1st stop on the West Road,3rd stop on West Road,Fox and Hounds then runs express to Denton Burn Library and express to Lemingtion Road Ends then Dumpling Hall/Chapel House,Dumpling Hall first then Chapel House so would be every 7.5 minutes combined.

Thomas12

12 Nov 2023, 2:39 pm #971
(12 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm)BusEnthusiast.com Also they should definitely have and express service connecting Welbeck Road and maybe even connecting as far as Regent Centre via City Centre as during peak time runs buses are very delayed on the 39 and 40 and 9 times out of 10 you will find it full even with deckers so I think there should definitely be an express maybe going like this:

Don't really see the point in this, it doesn't really add anything to the current network.
Thomas12
12 Nov 2023, 2:39 pm #971

(12 Nov 2023, 2:31 pm)BusEnthusiast.com Also they should definitely have and express service connecting Welbeck Road and maybe even connecting as far as Regent Centre via City Centre as during peak time runs buses are very delayed on the 39 and 40 and 9 times out of 10 you will find it full even with deckers so I think there should definitely be an express maybe going like this:

Don't really see the point in this, it doesn't really add anything to the current network.

12 Nov 2023, 2:42 pm #972

I think what is being overlooked here is the 685 is a very different animal to both South Tyne Valley services and the train. 

It serves Blucher, Walbottle, Throckley, Heddon, Corbridge and Dilston.

Can see the bus appealing with Stagecoach day/mega riders, the 685 does offer pretty much Tyneside wide connections where they connect around Eldon Square.

Still not sure even during the strike 30 mins frequency would be worth while. Stagecoach would be better off registering a service from Blackett St via Central, Bensham, MetroCentre, Blaydon, Prudhoe and Stocksfield, run it via Askew and don't bother with the 100 at all.
54APhotography
12 Nov 2023, 2:42 pm #972

I think what is being overlooked here is the 685 is a very different animal to both South Tyne Valley services and the train. 

It serves Blucher, Walbottle, Throckley, Heddon, Corbridge and Dilston.

Can see the bus appealing with Stagecoach day/mega riders, the 685 does offer pretty much Tyneside wide connections where they connect around Eldon Square.

Still not sure even during the strike 30 mins frequency would be worth while. Stagecoach would be better off registering a service from Blackett St via Central, Bensham, MetroCentre, Blaydon, Prudhoe and Stocksfield, run it via Askew and don't bother with the 100 at all.

Storx

12 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm #973
(12 Nov 2023, 2:42 pm)54APhotography I think what is being overlooked here is the 685 is a very different animal to both South Tyne Valley services and the train. 

It serves Blucher, Walbottle, Throckley, Hendon, Corbridge and Dilston.

They're all tiny hamlets though, it's an awkward area to serve because there's not much in the area. The 685 is technically 3 BPH between Throckley and Newcastle, if you count the X82 aswell which does the same route pretty much.

I'm not suggesting that Stagecoach should run it but a good service South of the Tyne would be

Prudhoe -> Crawcrook -> Ryton -> Blaydon -> NON STOP -> Newcastle and give those communities a quicker route skipping out the Metro Centre like the 604 used to do before GNE scrapped it.

Something like - https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.97041...?entry=ttu

Then you could potentially scrap the 10B and have the 10 every 30 minutes aka 602 and 10A every 30 minutes, 15 minutes combined.
Storx
12 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm #973

(12 Nov 2023, 2:42 pm)54APhotography I think what is being overlooked here is the 685 is a very different animal to both South Tyne Valley services and the train. 

It serves Blucher, Walbottle, Throckley, Hendon, Corbridge and Dilston.

They're all tiny hamlets though, it's an awkward area to serve because there's not much in the area. The 685 is technically 3 BPH between Throckley and Newcastle, if you count the X82 aswell which does the same route pretty much.

I'm not suggesting that Stagecoach should run it but a good service South of the Tyne would be

Prudhoe -> Crawcrook -> Ryton -> Blaydon -> NON STOP -> Newcastle and give those communities a quicker route skipping out the Metro Centre like the 604 used to do before GNE scrapped it.

Then you could potentially scrap the 10B and have the 10 every 30 minutes aka 602 and 10A every 30 minutes, 15 minutes combined.

12 Nov 2023, 4:11 pm #974
(12 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm)Storx They're all tiny hamlets though, it's an awkward area to serve because there's not much in the area. The 685 is technically 3 BPH between Throckley and Newcastle, if you count the X82 aswell which does the same route pretty much.

South Tyne has to be the one. Stagecoach are unusually sitting back and doing nothing. No point waiting on the traffic commissioner. Get some routes banged in now....
54APhotography
12 Nov 2023, 4:11 pm #974

(12 Nov 2023, 4:07 pm)Storx They're all tiny hamlets though, it's an awkward area to serve because there's not much in the area. The 685 is technically 3 BPH between Throckley and Newcastle, if you count the X82 aswell which does the same route pretty much.

South Tyne has to be the one. Stagecoach are unusually sitting back and doing nothing. No point waiting on the traffic commissioner. Get some routes banged in now....

Storx

12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm #975
(12 Nov 2023, 4:11 pm)54APhotography South Tyne has to be the one. Stagecoach are unusually sitting back and doing nothing. No point waiting on the traffic commissioner. Get some routes banged in now....

See if I was SNE and doing a route, if I can depending on the Cobalt funding situation. I'd be looking at splitting the 22 and sending half the buses along to either Whitley Bay or North Shields, depending how much you want to go into Arriva's 306 territory.

I'd be tempted to extend the 39/40 whichever one it is that goes to Wallsend through to Hadrian Park aswell.

It'll benefit your customers aswell with through links from Byker further East and with connections at North Shields to get through the tunnel, with the 317 aswell. Other than the Coast Road, you've pretty much just bullied GNE out of North Tyneside as there's only the 307/309 left with any purpose.

Can probably guess where I'd be going if I was Arriva and had drivers and buses spare aswell.

The 24 corridor in Sunderland / South Shields would be the other corridor I'd be looking at and dominate the South Shields to Sunderland flow combined with the E's
Storx
12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm #975

(12 Nov 2023, 4:11 pm)54APhotography South Tyne has to be the one. Stagecoach are unusually sitting back and doing nothing. No point waiting on the traffic commissioner. Get some routes banged in now....

See if I was SNE and doing a route, if I can depending on the Cobalt funding situation. I'd be looking at splitting the 22 and sending half the buses along to either Whitley Bay or North Shields, depending how much you want to go into Arriva's 306 territory.

I'd be tempted to extend the 39/40 whichever one it is that goes to Wallsend through to Hadrian Park aswell.

It'll benefit your customers aswell with through links from Byker further East and with connections at North Shields to get through the tunnel, with the 317 aswell. Other than the Coast Road, you've pretty much just bullied GNE out of North Tyneside as there's only the 307/309 left with any purpose.

Can probably guess where I'd be going if I was Arriva and had drivers and buses spare aswell.

The 24 corridor in Sunderland / South Shields would be the other corridor I'd be looking at and dominate the South Shields to Sunderland flow combined with the E's

12 Nov 2023, 7:29 pm #976
(12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm)Storx See if I was SNE and doing a route, if I can depending on the Cobalt funding situation. I'd be looking at splitting the 22 and sending half the buses along to either Whitley Bay or North Shields, depending how much you want to go into Arriva's 306 territory.

I agree the 24 and 20 along with X1 routes from Wearside/East Durham. North Tyneside to Blyth yes, South Tyne Valley and punt at the 21. It's all there for the taking, Walker doesn't seem to grasp what an opportunity he has, either that or is too frightened to ask for backing from Perth
54APhotography
12 Nov 2023, 7:29 pm #976

(12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm)Storx See if I was SNE and doing a route, if I can depending on the Cobalt funding situation. I'd be looking at splitting the 22 and sending half the buses along to either Whitley Bay or North Shields, depending how much you want to go into Arriva's 306 territory.

I agree the 24 and 20 along with X1 routes from Wearside/East Durham. North Tyneside to Blyth yes, South Tyne Valley and punt at the 21. It's all there for the taking, Walker doesn't seem to grasp what an opportunity he has, either that or is too frightened to ask for backing from Perth

12 Nov 2023, 11:38 pm #977
(12 Nov 2023, 7:29 pm)54APhotography I agree the 24 and 20 along with X1 routes from Wearside/East Durham. North Tyneside to Blyth yes, South Tyne Valley and punt at the 21. It's all there for the taking, Walker doesn't seem to grasp what an opportunity he has, either that or is too frightened to ask for backing from Perth

Given the 5 & 50 share corridors with 3, 4, 17 & X34 I would look into these as well. You would have a near monoply on Whiteleas, Boldon & Fellgate.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
12 Nov 2023, 11:38 pm #977

(12 Nov 2023, 7:29 pm)54APhotography I agree the 24 and 20 along with X1 routes from Wearside/East Durham. North Tyneside to Blyth yes, South Tyne Valley and punt at the 21. It's all there for the taking, Walker doesn't seem to grasp what an opportunity he has, either that or is too frightened to ask for backing from Perth

Given the 5 & 50 share corridors with 3, 4, 17 & X34 I would look into these as well. You would have a near monoply on Whiteleas, Boldon & Fellgate.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

L469 YVK

19 Nov 2023, 9:40 am #978

Would actually be a good little route if an independent popped up (maybe a re-born NORTHUMBRIA).

(12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm)Storx Other than the Coast Road, you've pretty much just bullied GNE out of North Tyneside as there's only the 307/309 left with any purpose.

And maybe that will happen naturally if ZEBRA funding is granted for the Coast Road corridor. Highly doubt GNE will go to the expense of fitting EV charging facilities at Percy Main depot not forgetting the covid & strike losses.
Edited 19 Nov 2023, 9:45 am by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
19 Nov 2023, 9:40 am #978

Would actually be a good little route if an independent popped up (maybe a re-born NORTHUMBRIA).

(12 Nov 2023, 4:26 pm)Storx Other than the Coast Road, you've pretty much just bullied GNE out of North Tyneside as there's only the 307/309 left with any purpose.

And maybe that will happen naturally if ZEBRA funding is granted for the Coast Road corridor. Highly doubt GNE will go to the expense of fitting EV charging facilities at Percy Main depot not forgetting the covid & strike losses.

L469 YVK

22 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm #979
Going by the state of the 307 today, some serious opportunity for Stagecoach to exploit Hadrian Park if they can negotiate with the Cobalt.

22 (every 20 minutes) - Same route as now to Churchill Street then Hadrian Park loop. Extended to Silverlink on Sunday daytimes.

23 (every 20 minutes) - Current 22 route Throckley to Cobalt.

Not forgetting going off the current timetable, would give a later service back to Hadrian Park as opposed to 11pm from Haymarket (if that one turns up).
L469 YVK
22 Dec 2023, 10:37 pm #979

Going by the state of the 307 today, some serious opportunity for Stagecoach to exploit Hadrian Park if they can negotiate with the Cobalt.

22 (every 20 minutes) - Same route as now to Churchill Street then Hadrian Park loop. Extended to Silverlink on Sunday daytimes.

23 (every 20 minutes) - Current 22 route Throckley to Cobalt.

Not forgetting going off the current timetable, would give a later service back to Hadrian Park as opposed to 11pm from Haymarket (if that one turns up).

Unber43

22 Dec 2023, 11:21 pm #980
oh my god....just stop it
Unber43
22 Dec 2023, 11:21 pm #980

oh my god....just stop it

Pages (52) Previous 148 49 5052 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average