Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tynemouth to Whitley Bay Cycle Path and New 1 Way System

Tynemouth to Whitley Bay Cycle Path and New 1 Way System

Tynemouth to Whitley Bay Cycle Path and New 1 Way System

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Aaron21

04 Dec 2023, 11:44 am #1
So obviously a few people know about the diversion currently due to Tynemouth Sea Banks Road and Tynemouth Seafront being a 1 way system due to the new cycle path. What annoys me more is the fact Nexus or Go North East or Arriva have not put 1 single notice out whatsoever. The bus stops along the seafront (towards Whitley Bay) say they are closed and to use alternative stops. Same with the other side (towards Newcastle/Metrocentre). The 306 is mental as they use the village (of which they ain't serving) and Percy Park Road but they go down Percy Park Road to Whitley Bay but coming back its a lottery of where your 306 is gonna go. On the other hand the 1 is currently using the Broadway and completely not using Percy Park Road at all towards Metrocentre. This diversion is on until spring next year yet no one has posted about it
Aaron21
04 Dec 2023, 11:44 am #1

So obviously a few people know about the diversion currently due to Tynemouth Sea Banks Road and Tynemouth Seafront being a 1 way system due to the new cycle path. What annoys me more is the fact Nexus or Go North East or Arriva have not put 1 single notice out whatsoever. The bus stops along the seafront (towards Whitley Bay) say they are closed and to use alternative stops. Same with the other side (towards Newcastle/Metrocentre). The 306 is mental as they use the village (of which they ain't serving) and Percy Park Road but they go down Percy Park Road to Whitley Bay but coming back its a lottery of where your 306 is gonna go. On the other hand the 1 is currently using the Broadway and completely not using Percy Park Road at all towards Metrocentre. This diversion is on until spring next year yet no one has posted about it

Bazza

04 Dec 2023, 1:46 pm #2
(04 Dec 2023, 11:44 am)Aaron21 So obviously a few people know about the diversion currently due to Tynemouth Sea Banks Road and Tynemouth Seafront being a 1 way system due to the new cycle path. What annoys me more is the fact Nexus or Go North East or Arriva have not put 1 single notice out whatsoever. The bus stops along the seafront (towards Whitley Bay) say they are closed and to use alternative stops. Same with the other side (towards Newcastle/Metrocentre). The 306 is mental as they use the village (of which they ain't serving) and Percy Park Road but they go down Percy Park Road to Whitley Bay but coming back its a lottery of where your 306 is gonna go. On the other hand the 1 is currently using the Broadway and completely not using Percy Park Road at all towards Metrocentre. This diversion is on until spring next year yet no one has posted about it

Have you contacted Nexus / Arriva / GNE direct?   It’s unlikely they’ll see your post on here.
Bazza
04 Dec 2023, 1:46 pm #2

(04 Dec 2023, 11:44 am)Aaron21 So obviously a few people know about the diversion currently due to Tynemouth Sea Banks Road and Tynemouth Seafront being a 1 way system due to the new cycle path. What annoys me more is the fact Nexus or Go North East or Arriva have not put 1 single notice out whatsoever. The bus stops along the seafront (towards Whitley Bay) say they are closed and to use alternative stops. Same with the other side (towards Newcastle/Metrocentre). The 306 is mental as they use the village (of which they ain't serving) and Percy Park Road but they go down Percy Park Road to Whitley Bay but coming back its a lottery of where your 306 is gonna go. On the other hand the 1 is currently using the Broadway and completely not using Percy Park Road at all towards Metrocentre. This diversion is on until spring next year yet no one has posted about it

Have you contacted Nexus / Arriva / GNE direct?   It’s unlikely they’ll see your post on here.

Aaron21

04 Dec 2023, 2:39 pm #3
(04 Dec 2023, 1:46 pm)Bazza Have you contacted Nexus / Arriva / GNE direct?   It’s unlikely they’ll see your post on here.

Arriva sent me the diversion 
Message gne and no response 
Dk how to contact nexus about the diversion
Aaron21
04 Dec 2023, 2:39 pm #3

(04 Dec 2023, 1:46 pm)Bazza Have you contacted Nexus / Arriva / GNE direct?   It’s unlikely they’ll see your post on here.

Arriva sent me the diversion 
Message gne and no response 
Dk how to contact nexus about the diversion

Aaron21

15 Jan 2024, 7:59 pm #4
Today Go North East have finally since the 1st November have finally put the diversion up on the website and nexus finally responded. Let's see how long till Nexus puts it up and Arriva
Aaron21
15 Jan 2024, 7:59 pm #4

Today Go North East have finally since the 1st November have finally put the diversion up on the website and nexus finally responded. Let's see how long till Nexus puts it up and Arriva

16 Jan 2024, 10:33 am #5
(15 Jan 2024, 7:59 pm)Aaron21 Today Go North East have finally since the 1st November have finally put the diversion up on the website and nexus finally responded. Let's see how long till Nexus puts it up and Arriva

It is still confusing. The map shows the route taking in Beach Road Grand Parade, with bus stops in place. GNE state that these stops will not be observed.

Unless there has been a change since last Sunday, there is currently a rough triangle from Holy Saviour’s church along Manor Road, turning left down Percy Park Road then a sharp left up Percy Park and back to the church. The map does not show any of the Percy Park section.
The map also includes stops on service 306, which is using this route in both directions, i.e. towards Whitley Bay and towards Newcastle. The bus stops on Manor Road in the former Newcastle direction are now redundant and there are signs posted showing that the stops on the opposite side of the road should be used for both directions. When this diversion came into being, I rang Nexus and was told that this is the correct route.
I’m not sure about the route of service 1, but I believe that it travels along Percy Park Road and Percy Park in both directions.
Ex-conductor
16 Jan 2024, 10:33 am #5

(15 Jan 2024, 7:59 pm)Aaron21 Today Go North East have finally since the 1st November have finally put the diversion up on the website and nexus finally responded. Let's see how long till Nexus puts it up and Arriva

It is still confusing. The map shows the route taking in Beach Road Grand Parade, with bus stops in place. GNE state that these stops will not be observed.

Unless there has been a change since last Sunday, there is currently a rough triangle from Holy Saviour’s church along Manor Road, turning left down Percy Park Road then a sharp left up Percy Park and back to the church. The map does not show any of the Percy Park section.
The map also includes stops on service 306, which is using this route in both directions, i.e. towards Whitley Bay and towards Newcastle. The bus stops on Manor Road in the former Newcastle direction are now redundant and there are signs posted showing that the stops on the opposite side of the road should be used for both directions. When this diversion came into being, I rang Nexus and was told that this is the correct route.
I’m not sure about the route of service 1, but I believe that it travels along Percy Park Road and Percy Park in both directions.

16 Jan 2024, 1:36 pm #6
Further to my earlier post, I was in Tynemouth this morning, waiting for a 306 to take me into North Shields. At Queen Victoria's monument the yellow sign at what was the Newcastle-bound stop had been removed and put onto the stop opposite, but it was irrelevant there, as it only applied to the Newcastle stop. Another passenger was also waiting for the 306, so we both kept looking in both directions, to see if a bus turned up.
The 306 did turn up on time, having come along Percy Park Road, i.e. along the original route. This stop isn't shown on the map to which I referred above.
A complete shambles by both bus companies and Nexus!
Ex-conductor
16 Jan 2024, 1:36 pm #6

Further to my earlier post, I was in Tynemouth this morning, waiting for a 306 to take me into North Shields. At Queen Victoria's monument the yellow sign at what was the Newcastle-bound stop had been removed and put onto the stop opposite, but it was irrelevant there, as it only applied to the Newcastle stop. Another passenger was also waiting for the 306, so we both kept looking in both directions, to see if a bus turned up.
The 306 did turn up on time, having come along Percy Park Road, i.e. along the original route. This stop isn't shown on the map to which I referred above.

Aaron21

16 Jan 2024, 1:48 pm #7
(16 Jan 2024, 1:36 pm)Ex-conductor Further to my earlier post, I was in Tynemouth this morning, waiting for a 306 to take me into North Shields. At Queen Victoria's monument the yellow sign at what was the Newcastle-bound stop had been removed and put onto the stop opposite, but it was irrelevant there, as it only applied to the Newcastle stop. Another passenger was also waiting for the 306, so we both kept looking in both directions, to see if a bus turned up.

Non of them will own up to it though. It's took GNE since the 1st November to put it up on there page and Nexus & Arriva just haven't bothered at all. Pathetic by all 3 of them to not even communicate with passengers. This is closed till spring and yet all 3 have turned a blind eye. One of the most popular seaside towns and all 3 don't care
Aaron21
16 Jan 2024, 1:48 pm #7

(16 Jan 2024, 1:36 pm)Ex-conductor Further to my earlier post, I was in Tynemouth this morning, waiting for a 306 to take me into North Shields. At Queen Victoria's monument the yellow sign at what was the Newcastle-bound stop had been removed and put onto the stop opposite, but it was irrelevant there, as it only applied to the Newcastle stop. Another passenger was also waiting for the 306, so we both kept looking in both directions, to see if a bus turned up.

Non of them will own up to it though. It's took GNE since the 1st November to put it up on there page and Nexus & Arriva just haven't bothered at all. Pathetic by all 3 of them to not even communicate with passengers. This is closed till spring and yet all 3 have turned a blind eye. One of the most popular seaside towns and all 3 don't care

Aaron21

17 Jan 2024, 10:25 am #8
Had an email back this morning. Nexus Arriva Go North East & North Tyneside Council are meeting to discuss it
Aaron21
17 Jan 2024, 10:25 am #8

Had an email back this morning. Nexus Arriva Go North East & North Tyneside Council are meeting to discuss it

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average