replies 2,638, views 702,486
toward6931 17 May 2024, 7:40 pm
Forum Arriva North East
replies 459, views 72,125
Mike_98 17 May 2024, 11:46 am
Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch
by Dan, 29 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm
Discovering the Past: An Archive Dedicated to the North East
Explore the North East's history; with timetables, route maps, faretables and other bus memorabilia.

To celebrate reaching 1000 'likes' on our Facebook page, we have re-launched the Bygone Era. We've chosen to give the Bygone Era a new name - simply 'Archive' - in line with its new look.

Previously held as a feature on the forum, this is now a standalone feature (like the news page, photos page and fleet lists). This allows more stability and customisation, as well as allowing opportunities for integration with other site features.

The new feature is available on the link below and the navigation bar at the top of the site has also been updated to include a quick and easy link to it:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/

When you first load up the page, you'll be shown 'Highlights'. This will show a different year every day, with our top ten downloads for that year.

Clicking 'Timeline' shows a calendar, with each photo tile depicting a year. When the year is clicked, all of the content from that year is listed. The categories on the right hand side of the page can be used to filter downloads to your particular interests.

All of the photos contained in our Archive section come from Flickr - with each photo linking back to the original source. If you wish to contribute any photos, please add them to the group in the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/3090938@N20/

Our only condition for photos being added to this group is that the photo MUST have been taken on the date Flickr shows it as being taken on (i.e. you can't scan in an old photo without changing the date taken for it on Flickr, as it would show as being taken in 2017 when the photo may have actually been taken some 20 years ago). If you don't have an exact date for the photo but know the approximate year the photo was taken, you have the option of showing the photo as being taken "some time in xxxx" (where x represents the year). Please don't be offended if we don't accept your photo - we need to have the approval just to make sure that the Archive stays clean, accurate and relevant.

This feature is still very much a 'work in progress', and we're looking to complete all of the work behind the scenes in the coming weeks. Adding the content will take a little longer - a sizeable amount of content for Go North East has now been added, though there's still a fair bit left to add.

Some of the work yet to be completed is:
- the inclusion of a search bar, allowing users to search for a specific download quick and easily
- 'tags' - i.e. all related downloads could be tagged with the same word or phrase, allowing users to track changes over time on a certain service or corridor.
- a new blog-style 'comments' section for each download. Giving a timetable as an example, this will allow users to read up on what changed in that version of the timetable, giving an opportunity to track changes over time.
- further integration with our archive fleet list information, i.e. if a timetable change saw the introduction of a new vehicle allocation, this could be included within the 'comments' section with links provided to the relevant fleet numbers and/or news story.

Appreciate any feedback at this early stage, and if you have any ideas for future development, please just drop us a note in this thread or PM me, and we'll see if it's possible to include your suggestion.
Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch
by Dan, 29 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm

Discovering the Past: An Archive Dedicated to the North East
Explore the North East's history; with timetables, route maps, faretables and other bus memorabilia.

To celebrate reaching 1000 'likes' on our Facebook page, we have re-launched the Bygone Era. We've chosen to give the Bygone Era a new name - simply 'Archive' - in line with its new look.

Previously held as a feature on the forum, this is now a standalone feature (like the news page, photos page and fleet lists). This allows more stability and customisation, as well as allowing opportunities for integration with other site features.

The new feature is available on the link below and the navigation bar at the top of the site has also been updated to include a quick and easy link to it:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/

When you first load up the page, you'll be shown 'Highlights'. This will show a different year every day, with our top ten downloads for that year.

Clicking 'Timeline' shows a calendar, with each photo tile depicting a year. When the year is clicked, all of the content from that year is listed. The categories on the right hand side of the page can be used to filter downloads to your particular interests.

All of the photos contained in our Archive section come from Flickr - with each photo linking back to the original source. If you wish to contribute any photos, please add them to the group in the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/3090938@N20/

Our only condition for photos being added to this group is that the photo MUST have been taken on the date Flickr shows it as being taken on (i.e. you can't scan in an old photo without changing the date taken for it on Flickr, as it would show as being taken in 2017 when the photo may have actually been taken some 20 years ago). If you don't have an exact date for the photo but know the approximate year the photo was taken, you have the option of showing the photo as being taken "some time in xxxx" (where x represents the year). Please don't be offended if we don't accept your photo - we need to have the approval just to make sure that the Archive stays clean, accurate and relevant.

This feature is still very much a 'work in progress', and we're looking to complete all of the work behind the scenes in the coming weeks. Adding the content will take a little longer - a sizeable amount of content for Go North East has now been added, though there's still a fair bit left to add.

Some of the work yet to be completed is:
- the inclusion of a search bar, allowing users to search for a specific download quick and easily
- 'tags' - i.e. all related downloads could be tagged with the same word or phrase, allowing users to track changes over time on a certain service or corridor.
- a new blog-style 'comments' section for each download. Giving a timetable as an example, this will allow users to read up on what changed in that version of the timetable, giving an opportunity to track changes over time.
- further integration with our archive fleet list information, i.e. if a timetable change saw the introduction of a new vehicle allocation, this could be included within the 'comments' section with links provided to the relevant fleet numbers and/or news story.

Appreciate any feedback at this early stage, and if you have any ideas for future development, please just drop us a note in this thread or PM me, and we'll see if it's possible to include your suggestion.

Proposed forum changes
by Adrian, 22 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm
Dear All,

We're currently looking at potential changes of the forum structure, with the aims to both modernise how we work and increase participation in the discussion we have across the site. The structure has remained pretty constant since day one, and now is perhaps the time to look at how we are doing things.

Present Setup
  • Our three main bus operators in the region have their own parent forum, which then have three sub forums each. 
  • The three sub forums for each operator are 'Latest News & Discussion', 'Rare & Odd Workings' and 'Other Discussion'. 
  • With exception of the 'Other Discussion' forum, each sub forum has a monthly thread for discussion, with no other threads being permitted.

Proposed Setup
  • Our three main bus operators in the region would continue to have their own parent forum, BUT;
  • The three sub forums will be REMOVED, and the present system of monthly discussion threads will CEASE to exist.
  • Members will be entitled to create their own threads in the operator's parent forum, based on the topic of discussion, e.g. "New Sapphire livery" or "Gas bus repaints"
Other parts of the forum would remain unchanged for now, with a view of us reviewing how this proposed setup would work.

Could you please indicate whether you're for or against this idea, using the poll above, and also let us have any feedback by midnight on Saturday 25th November

Regards,
Adrian
Proposed forum changes
by Adrian, 22 Nov 2017, 8:21 pm

Dear All,

We're currently looking at potential changes of the forum structure, with the aims to both modernise how we work and increase participation in the discussion we have across the site. The structure has remained pretty constant since day one, and now is perhaps the time to look at how we are doing things.

Present Setup

• Our three main bus operators in the region have their own parent forum, which then have three sub forums each. 
  • The three sub forums for each operator are 'Latest News & Discussion', 'Rare & Odd Workings' and 'Other Discussion'. 
  • With exception of the 'Other Discussion' forum, each sub forum has a monthly thread for discussion, with no other threads being permitted.

Proposed Setup
  • Our three main bus operators in the region would continue to have their own parent forum, BUT;
  • The three sub forums will be REMOVED, and the present system of monthly discussion threads will CEASE to exist.
  • Members will be entitled to create their own threads in the operator's parent forum, based on the topic of discussion, e.g. "New Sapphire livery" or "Gas bus repaints"
Other parts of the forum would remain unchanged for now, with a view of us reviewing how this proposed setup would work.

Could you please indicate whether you're for or against this idea, using the poll above, and also let us have any feedback by midnight on Saturday 25th November

Regards,
Adrian

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017
by RBZ 5459, 03 Nov 2017, 9:01 am

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2017
by Cock Robin, 02 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm
YESTERDAY (Nov 1st)

Dots 27249 on 36
Dots 27246 onto 13, then replaced again.
Zones 27178 on 52 etc

YESTERDAY (Nov 1st)

Dots 27249 on 36
Dots 27246 onto 13, then replaced again.
Zones 27178 on 52 etc

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017
by RBZ 5459, 01 Nov 2017, 9:02 am
(31 Oct 2017, 8:44 pm)Andreos1 I am racking my brains to see what Reading do with theirs.

Without checking, I can't remember if they use any mention of the fuel type within the livery.

With checking, they have "gas power from Readingbuses... quieter, cleaner, greener" along the top of the pod Smilev
The MMC deckers have a tag line on the back/side - "another gas powered bus for Reading"

With the infrastructure in place and push towards greener technology, why not tell the punters in my view.

(31 Oct 2017, 8:44 pm)Andreos1 I am racking my brains to see what Reading do with theirs.

Without checking, I can't remember if they use any mention of the fuel type within the livery.

With checking, they have "gas power from Readingbuses... quieter, cleaner, greener" along the top of the pod Smilev
The MMC deckers have a tag line on the back/side - "another gas powered bus for Reading"

With the infrastructure in place and push towards greener technology, why not tell the punters in my view.

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - November 2017
by JamesDunkley, 01 Nov 2017, 8:58 am
NK13FJY/1511 Is on 'Max' X1.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
Forum Arriva North East

NK13FJY/1511 Is on 'Max' X1.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017
by Tom, 01 Nov 2017, 7:47 am
(31 Oct 2017, 11:48 pm)Ambassador Jeez that’s cheap! Amazing what competition does to prices

Yeah, only £13 for the week too.Very good value!
Forum Go North East

(31 Oct 2017, 11:48 pm)Ambassador Jeez that’s cheap! Amazing what competition does to prices

Yeah, only £13 for the week too.Very good value!

Rowell of Prudhoe
by Rapidsnap, 29 Oct 2017, 11:28 pm
New here is VDL Futura 2 YG67FZZ. Seems to be mainly used on National Holiday work.

Seen here at Ferrybridge Services. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
Rowell of Prudhoe
by Rapidsnap, 29 Oct 2017, 11:28 pm

New here is VDL Futura 2 YG67FZZ. Seems to be mainly used on National Holiday work.

Seen here at Ferrybridge Services. https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Arriva North East: Order Predictions
by Malarkey, 28 Oct 2017, 10:14 pm
30 - Volvo B8RLE Wright Eclipse 3 for MAX Services: X7/X8/X9/X10/X11/X12/X26/X27/X66/X67/X75 & X76
30 - Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 for MAX Services: X7/X8/X9/X10/X11/X12 & X93
Forum Arriva North East

30 - Volvo B8RLE Wright Eclipse 3 for MAX Services: X7/X8/X9/X10/X11/X12/X26/X27/X66/X67/X75 & X76
30 - Volvo B5TL Wright Gemini 3 for MAX Services: X7/X8/X9/X10/X11/X12 & X93

Tapatalk issues
by Guest, 18 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm
Has anybody else encoutered missing features on Tapatalk? I can no longer quote people even with an install. It's making discussion that bit harder. The only options on TT are to reply (no quote) or report.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Tapatalk issues
by Guest, 18 Oct 2017, 1:14 pm

Has anybody else encoutered missing features on Tapatalk? I can no longer quote people even with an install. It's making discussion that bit harder. The only options on TT are to reply (no quote) or report.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pages (264) Previous 1149 150 151264 Next