Forum Arriva North East
replies 162, views 21,976
OrangeArrow49 01 May 2024, 8:56 pm
Forum Go North East
replies 357, views 54,802
TEN 6083 01 May 2024, 7:23 pm
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2012
by morritt89, 05 Sep 2012, 1:59 pm
(04 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm)Brandon Coinciding with the extension of Monday to Saturday daytime service 4 buses from Downhill to Town End Farm, Stagecoach are launching a "North Estates Dayrider" for £3 from Monday until the end of October, instead of the usual Dayrider price of £3.70 for the whole of Tyne and Wear. I assume this will be for a trial period to see how it goes. The new management at Stagecoach North East are clearly being more proactive in their defence against Go North East's service 36. I'll personally be sticking with the 36 because their weekly ticket still works out cheaper than Stagecoach's Megarider, and I use it for the 99 to Hylton Castle too.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Northestatesdayrider.aspx

I think the extension to the 4 will have some impact on the 36. I tend to us ethe 36 with my wife who has a key card but if we just go to the town and back we use Stagecoach. Where both the 36 and the 4 fall down and if Stagecoach wanted the upper hand in Town End Farm that badly, all service 4 journeys would go to Town End not just Monday to Saturday day times.

Personally I have not much hope for the 36 now. Reliabilty has decreased (although once the Wheatsheaf is sorted it should hopefull improve) and the buses seem to rattle (they have not aged well). Also the 36 has the fare gaurantee thingy - so far I am still waiting on money refunds....

As for the North Estates Ticket, I assume that is very similar to the Sunderland Day ticket offered by GNE just for the North of Sunderland only though?

(04 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm)Brandon Coinciding with the extension of Monday to Saturday daytime service 4 buses from Downhill to Town End Farm, Stagecoach are launching a "North Estates Dayrider" for £3 from Monday until the end of October, instead of the usual Dayrider price of £3.70 for the whole of Tyne and Wear. I assume this will be for a trial period to see how it goes. The new management at Stagecoach North East are clearly being more proactive in their defence against Go North East's service 36. I'll personally be sticking with the 36 because their weekly ticket still works out cheaper than Stagecoach's Megarider, and I use it for the 99 to Hylton Castle too.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/Northestatesdayrider.aspx

I think the extension to the 4 will have some impact on the 36. I tend to us ethe 36 with my wife who has a key card but if we just go to the town and back we use Stagecoach. Where both the 36 and the 4 fall down and if Stagecoach wanted the upper hand in Town End Farm that badly, all service 4 journeys would go to Town End not just Monday to Saturday day times.

Personally I have not much hope for the 36 now. Reliabilty has decreased (although once the Wheatsheaf is sorted it should hopefull improve) and the buses seem to rattle (they have not aged well). Also the 36 has the fare gaurantee thingy - so far I am still waiting on money refunds....

As for the North Estates Ticket, I assume that is very similar to the Sunderland Day ticket offered by GNE just for the North of Sunderland only though?

Anything and Everything
by Tom, 07 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm
Here is the place to chat about anything you want
Anything and Everything
by Tom, 07 Aug 2012, 5:19 pm

Here is the place to chat about anything you want

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2012
by Guest, 07 Aug 2012, 9:40 am
News about Stagecoach North East goes here.

News about Stagecoach North East goes here.

Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2012
by eezypeazy, 06 Aug 2012, 11:07 am
Northumberland CC has published some details re September's changes:

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

Noticed that there's new express services via Freeman Hospital. Wonder if Stagecoach might get upset?
Forum Arriva North East

Northumberland CC has published some details re September's changes:

http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=3972

Noticed that there's new express services via Freeman Hospital. Wonder if Stagecoach might get upset?

Pages (263) Previous 1261 262 263