North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: football - Andreos1 - 09 Jan 2014

(08 Jan 2014, 11:51 pm)fozzovmurton In other footballing news

Former Aston Villa, West Ham and German International Thomas Hitzlsperger has become the highest profile person in football to come out and admit he is gay...

Got to say, fair play to the man, Homosexuality and Homophobia is footballs last big taboo, I hope Hitzlspergers admission can go on and inspire more players to come out, because in this day and age, nobody should have to live a lie and pretend to be something there not

Speaking of which, Sam Allardyce must surely be on thin ice after his West Ham team have conceded 11 goals and scoring none in their last two games.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 9:54 am)andreos1 Speaking of which, Sam Allardyce must surely be on thin ice after his West Ham team have conceded 11 goals and scoring none in their last two games.

Yep, he has to be, I dont care that news reports that says his bosses are noted for sticking by there managers, but 11 conceded in 2 games and just under half coming in a smashing by a Championship Club, it is a concern, I now dont think Sunderlands shoulders will stay so strong for much longer and Wet Sham will soon replace them at the bottom of the pile.

I honestly cannot stand Big Sam, hated him at Bolton, even more at Newcastle and just as much at Wet Sham, his brand of hoofball is wholly unattractive

(09 Jan 2014, 10:27 am)fozzovmurton Yep, he has to be, I dont care that news reports that says his bosses are noted for sticking by there managers, but 11 conceded in 2 games and just under half coming in a smashing by a Championship Club, it is a concern, I now dont think Sunderlands shoulders will stay so strong for much longer and Wet Sham will soon replace them at the bottom of the pile.

I honestly cannot stand Big Sam, hated him at Bolton, even more at Newcastle and just as much at Wet Sham, his brand of hoofball is wholly unattractive

Although aware of him at Bolton, my first proper taste of him came when he arrived at SJP.
He got off to a cracking start, but quickly lost the players - never more evident than the game at home against Liverpool in the late November.

I hadn't seen anything like the venom from the crowd towards a manager, not even in the dark days of Ardiles, Dalglish, Gullit or Souness!
There was a poisonous atmosphere that afternoon.

(09 Jan 2014, 10:36 am)andreos1 Although aware of him at Bolton, my first proper taste of him came when he arrived at SJP.
He got off to a cracking start, but quickly lost the players - never more evident than the game at home against Liverpool in the late November.

I hadn't seen anything like the venom from the crowd towards a manager, not even in the dark days of Ardiles, Dalglish, Gullit or Souness!
There was a poisonous atmosphere that afternoon.

If I remember rightly, wasn't he on a rocky road the moment he entered SJP, Fat Mike had not yet bought the club and Big Sam was not who the Fat Man wanted?

I remember the days of Ardiles, Dalglish, Gullit, I must admit I have enjoyed watching Newcastle over the years, they can play some attractive football, I quite liked Dalglish, met him after a game at SJP in 1999, he was lovely and funny, I was talking to him and he said to me in a broad Glasweigian accent 'slow down son, I cant understand whag your saying' to which I replied 'Fucking hell Kenny, your a one to talk, I need a translator' which creased him up...

Anyway Gullit was a joke, dropping Shearer and Ferguson that night against Sunderland, he was asking for the sack with that tactic, whicb if it paid off for him would have probably seen Alan Shearer out the door.

Newcastle today are playing some good football, I dont really think much of Pards, but he has put a good team together and there a good side for now

(09 Jan 2014, 10:47 am)fozzovmurton If I remember rightly, wasn't he on a rocky road the moment he entered SJP, Fat Mike had not yet bought the club and Big Sam was not who the Fat Man wanted?

I remember the days of Ardiles, Dalglish, Gullit, I must admit I have enjoyed watching Newcastle over the years, they can play some attractive football, I quite liked Dalglish, met him after a game at SJP in 1999, he was lovely and funny, I was talking to him and he said to me in a broad Glasweigian accent 'slow down son, I cant understand whag your saying' to which I replied 'Fucking hell Kenny, your a one to talk, I need a translator' which creased him up...

Anyway Gullit was a joke, dropping Shearer and Ferguson that night against Sunderland, he was asking for the sack with that tactic, whicb if it paid off for him would have probably seen Alan Shearer out the door.

Newcastle today are playing some good football, I dont really think much of Pards, but he has put a good team together and there a good side for now

Aye, it was Fat Freddie who appointed him prior to the takeover.

If I remember correctly, the start under Big Sam was one of, if not the best start to a Premiership season in the clubs history.

RE: football - Michael - 09 Jan 2014

What does everyone think of a World Cup in the winter?

NO, it should of being thought about before they gave the world cup to Qatar - I for one no one goes, its gonna mix up all our leagues and the African cup of nations is in 2023 anyway.

RE: football - Adrian - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 6:28 pm)Michael What does everyone think of a World Cup in the winter?

NO, it should of being thought about before they gave the world cup to Qatar - I for one no one goes, its gonna mix up all our leagues and the African cup of nations is in 2023 anyway.

Pathetic. What happens to the Premier League?

(09 Jan 2014, 7:24 pm)aureolin Pathetic. What happens to the Premier League?

Would have to be changed i would think or have a 2 month break in the middle, don't think the teams would allow their players to go their.

(09 Jan 2014, 7:28 pm)Michael Would have to be changed i would think or have a 2 month break in the middle, don't think the teams would allow their players to go their.

Teams will have no choice about sending there players...FIFA will just slap a worldwide on every single player who didnt show for the tournament for the duration of it!!!!!

(09 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)fozzovmurton Teams will have no choice about sending there players...FIFA will just slap a worldwide on every single player who didnt show for the tournament for the duration of it!!!!!

Only one reason they chose Qatar for the world cup and that's money.

They don't care

All hypothetical, but I wonder which teams are fighting it out in the Premier League by then and how many of those will contain players who are English?

Will player power rule even more then, than it does now?

Will England even qualify?

RE: football - Adrian - 09 Jan 2014

(09 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm)fozzovmurton Teams will have no choice about sending there players...FIFA will just slap a worldwide on every single player who didnt show for the tournament for the duration of it!!!!!

F*** the system. Get every International team to call a wildcat strike, and stick the middle finger up at FIFA. Premier League is the greatest league in the world, and there's few who'd disagree that the xmas period is the most exciting to watch.

(09 Jan 2014, 6:28 pm)Michael What does everyone think of a World Cup in the winter?

Why would it mix up the African Cup of Nations in 2023, if anything, the World Cup will be in early 2022 Jan/Feb or Feb/Mar I reckon

(09 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm)fozzovmurton Why would it mix up the African Cup of Nations in 2023, if anything, the World Cup will be in early 2022 Jan/Feb or Feb/Mar I reckon

If its late Nov/Dec 2022 - ACON is planned for January 2023

(09 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm)aureolin F*** the system. Get every International team to call a wildcat strike, and stick the middle finger up at FIFA. Premier League is the greatest league in the world, and there's few who'd disagree that the xmas period is the most exciting to watch.

Here Here, we do have the best league in the world...And I believe that bastard Blatter should be reined in, FIFA should stand for Fucking Inbred Fucked-Up Arseholes...But there would be no support for what would essentially would be an FA led boycott, everybody hates us for starters

(09 Jan 2014, 7:58 pm)Michael If its late Nov/Dec 2022 - ACON is planned for January 2023

That is why the World Cup would more than likely be in early 2022 rather than the end of the year...

My opinion, it can be done, scrap pre season by a few weeks, start that season a few weeks earlier, have a mid season 6 week break and finish that season in June, again scrap pre season by a few weeks the next season...

For the record, that is not what should happen, Qatar should never have got the bid in the first place, but where is most of the worlds oil, a few brown envelopes and a few barrels of the black stuff and hey presto, you got yourself a world cup...We should have got 2018 and Australia or the USA should have got 2022...But when your corrupt and bent as a 9 bob note these things can be bought!!!!!

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 11 Jan 2014

Something from Michael back in August

(17 Aug 2013, 10:51 am)Michael It's back!!!

My end of the table predictions...
Manchester City
Chelsea
Manchester United
Arsenal
Everton
Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur
Swansea City
Fulham
West Ham United
Sunderland
Southampton
Aston Villa
Cardiff City
West Bromwich Albion
Newcastle United
Norwich City
Stoke City
Hull City
Crystal Palace

Surprise team of the season.. Swansea yet again
Top scorer - RVP
Most Yellow cards - Stoke city
Most Red - Stoke City
Manger of the season - Michael Laudrup

Looking like your table is not turning out as you predicted :-p
Couple of predictions from me

Surprise of the season...so far: Hull and Arsenal imo
Top Scorer...Luis Suarez
Most Yellows and Reds Combined: Sunderland
Manager of the Season: Brendan Rodgers
Biggest Joke: David Moyes

Re: RE: football - Adrian - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 7:40 am)fozzovmurton Something from Michael back in August

Top Scorer...Luis Suarez
Biggest Joke: Sunderland

Wink

RE: football - Michael - 11 Jan 2014

(11 Jan 2014, 7:40 am)fozzovmurton Something from Michael back in August

Top Scorer...Luis Suarez
Biggest Joke: David Moyes

It's not is it!, that's football for you!

RE: football - MrFozz - 11 Jan 2014

My predictions as of today:-

Top 4
Man City
Arsenal
Chelsea
Liverpool

Bottom 3
Sunderland
Cardiff
West Ham

League Cup: Man City