North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BusLoverMum - 03 Sep 2015

The X21 already provides (much needed) extra services Newcastle to Durham after 4pm on a weekday. I can't say I've noticed any need for any more at other times.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 03 Sep 2015

I'd perhaps increase the ''Pronto'' X21 to every 20 minutes.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Dan - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 4:24 pm)BusLoverMum The X21 already provides (much needed) extra services Newcastle to Durham after 4pm on a weekday. I can't say I've noticed any need for any more at other times.

Saturday mornings towards Newcastle are hideous. Always seems to be a fully-laden double-deck from Chester-le-Street onwards.

(03 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan Saturday mornings towards Newcastle are hideous. Always seems to be a fully-laden double-deck from Chester-le-Street onwards.

I usually dodge the X21 for that exact reason. I've found the 09:58, 10:28, 10:58 and 11:28 departures from Chester-le-Street are set to burst.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Dan - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm)R852 PRG I usually dodge the X21 for that exact reason. I've found the 09:58, 10:28, 10:58 and 11:28 departures from Chester-le-Street are set to burst.

At least one of the X22s around that time is also quite bad. I've been left without a seat on both services previously.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 4:36 pm)Dan Saturday mornings towards Newcastle are hideous. Always seems to be a fully-laden double-deck from Chester-le-Street onwards.
Weekday mornings after 0930, especially the one that leaves Durham at 0936 for Newcastle are horrendous, it's one of the main reasons why I opt for the X12 if I want to head to Newcastle.

(03 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm)Dan At least one of the X22s around that time is also quite bad. I've been left without a seat on both services previously.

09:55 and 10:55 departures towards the MetroCentre. Made that mistake before haha. Ended up getting on it once with the intention of catching the 10 over to Hexham, saw a few friends and wound up spending the day at the MetroCentre. Tongue

Yep, I've seen people sitting on each other's knees upstairs in the run up to Christmas, but I've not been on weekday mid morning buses that are nearly so bad, even in December. Extra Saturday morning runs from CLS would make sense. I've never seen the 21 so packed, though, even though it doesn't take so much longer as to make it intolerable, unless another bus has been taken off for some reason.

In contrast, the top deck on the X21 from Newcastle (and the X12 and 21) is often pretty quiet, early-mid afternoon mon-sat.

(03 Sep 2015, 4:43 pm)Jimmi Weekday mornings after 0930, especially the one that leaves Durham at 0936 for Newcastle are horrendous, it's one of the main reasons why I opt for the X12 if I want to head to Newcastle.

Now, I don't think I've ever successfully caught the 9:36. I've tried twice, on a Friday, as I've had a meeting in Newcastle, and both times the 22 has been late in and I've ended up on the X12.

The Saturday morning X7 and X9s are always pretty rammed. I don't know what it's like for the rest of the week, but the X7 needs a double decker on a Saturday morning. I'd be curious to know how full the X10 actually gets, effectively missing out Peterlee.

(03 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm)BusLoverMum The Saturday morning X7 and X9s are always pretty rammed. I don't know what it's like for the rest of the week, but the X7 needs a double decker on a Saturday morning. I'd be curious to know how full the X10 actually gets, effectively missing out Peterlee.
Think there is a low bridge just outside Seaham which would prevent the allocation of double deckers on service X7.

(03 Sep 2015, 8:29 pm)Jimmi Think there is a low bridge just outside Seaham which would prevent the allocation of double deckers on service X7.

That would be a problem!

It's definitely popular, anyhow. Last time I caught it it was rammed with standees and the driver just kept filling it up all the way to Stockton. I ended up sitting on a step near someone's feet when my knees and hands started to give up on me.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - NK53 TKT - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 8:32 pm)BusLoverMum That would be a problem!

It's definitely popular, anyhow. Last time I caught it it was rammed with standees and the driver just kept filling it up all the way to Stockton. I ended up sitting on a step near someone's feet when my knees and hands started to give up on me.

Or it could have articulated citaros  Tongue

(03 Sep 2015, 8:44 pm)NK53 TKT Or it could have articulated citaros  Tongue

I'd love to see one of them parked up at Peterlee. Reckon it would somewhat in the way. If it managed to pull around to its stand without rolling or getting stuck, that is.

It would teach the designers a lesson!

(03 Sep 2015, 8:48 pm)NK53 TKT It would teach the designers a lesson!

They wouldn't be the poor souls having to either drive it or navigate around it, though.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 8:50 pm)BusLoverMum They wouldn't be the poor souls having to either drive it or navigate around it, though.

Plus they've long-since received their wedge for the design of the bus station. I doubt they'd be losing any sleep.

(03 Sep 2015, 8:50 pm)BusLoverMum They wouldn't be the poor souls having to either drive it or navigate around it, though.

Thank you for uncovering a flaw in my plan, I hated them anyway, if anything should get them it should be the X66, never since the street litres have I seen it other than crammed

(03 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm)BusLoverMum I'd love to see one of them parked up at Peterlee. Reckon it would somewhat in the way. If it managed to pull around to its stand without rolling or getting stuck, that is.

It would bring Peterlee Bus Station to a standstill as it would block everything getting in/out. Also I'd hate a bendy bus going round that windy Road as you leave Seaham!

Thankfully I can't see GNE ever going for anymore bendy buses after the ones they had on the 58 and X66 proved to be not the most reliable and the running costs probably would have cost a fair bit as well.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Michael - 03 Sep 2015

(03 Sep 2015, 8:27 pm)BusLoverMum The Saturday morning X7 and X9s are always pretty rammed. I don't know what it's like for the rest of the week, but the X7 needs a double decker on a Saturday morning. I'd be curious to know how full the X10 actually gets, effectively missing out Peterlee.

They could up the X7 to half hourly on a morning at the busiest times or hopefully when more Citaros are available within the fleet... it can be upgraded to half-hourly Monday-Saturday as the PVR will be 6.

Risk having an hourly service on a evening/Sunday.