North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 25 Sep 2013

Think we should have left it.

GNE will dismiss the complaint now. Hignett wins again.

I'd delete your comment Leyland. Helps Ian

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2013

Hignett has even had the audacity to like Gordon Stewarts initial post!

RE: Anything and Everything - Leyland - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 9:02 pm)gtomlinson Think we should have left it.

GNE will dismiss the complaint now. Hignett wins again.

I'd delete your comment Leyland. Helps Ian

Spoilsport!! Do you really think they'll do anything about it anyway after so many "it's an open forum, we don't care who comments" type of responses whenever the subject is raised?

Anyway, they don't take complaints over Facebook.............!

(25 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm)Leyland Spoilsport!! Do you really think they'll do anything about it anyway after so many "it's an open forum, we don't care who comments" type of responses whenever the subject is raised?

Anyway, they don't take complaints over OiFacebook.............!

Well if an email has gone in. Perhaps.

I think everyone should work towards beating Ian as opposed to vs other personalities

He's probably sitting there pointing it all out to GNE in a message

RE: Anything and Everything - Leyland - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 9:15 pm)gtomlinson Well if an email has gone in. Perhaps.

I think everyone should work towards beating Ian as opposed to vs other personalities

He's probably sitting there pointing it all out to GNE in a message

I've followed your advice and deleted it. Fingers crossed that GNE finally do something about Hignett.

Down with Hignett.

Ionise Ian
Hang Hignett

Has the post been removed?

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 9:44 pm)gtomlinson Has the post been removed?

Looks like it.
Just checked and I can't see it.

(25 Sep 2013, 9:57 pm)Andreos1 Looks like it.
Just checked and I can't see it.

Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

All the abuse and x rated language that can wait yet this is removed.

Has to be a senior management call imo

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 25 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm)gtomlinson Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

Of course, the poster could have deleted it himself, I doubt it but possible.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 26 Sep 2013

(25 Sep 2013, 11:19 pm)gtomlinson Not monitored outside of hours indeed.

The 3 posts from the lass who had the little girl with the bust lip/nose have also gone...

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 26 Sep 2013

lmao best post so far...

Paige Dumbarton
I think some of your bus drivers need some tampons, god its not my fault I don't have change of a tenner do I look like a till?

Bet Ian posts!

Just going back to the posts which were removed, I wonder if Hignett had anything to do with them being removed?

After all, they all included personal attacks on him...

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 26 Sep 2013

(26 Sep 2013, 9:25 am)Andreos1 Just going back to the posts which were removed, I wonder if Hignett had anything to do with them being removed?

After all, they all included personal attacks on him...

Never thought of that but I've seen much worse stuff stay on wall's etc that have been reported to Facebook ahead of that

(26 Sep 2013, 3:56 pm)gtomlinson Never thought of that but I've seen much worse stuff stay on wall's etc that have been reported to Facebook ahead of that

Maybe it was the nature of it (bearing in mind the concerted campaign against him), rather than the content?
Not sure, just something that crossed my mind

RE: Anything and Everything - Chris - 27 Sep 2013

Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 27 Sep 2013

(27 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm)Chris Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!

Not sure about the warning level (I an on 0% too).
Maybe one of the admins can clear that up.

The Ken, Clifford etc thing came about quite accidently - AdamY came up with the Clifford Hignett thing and a sarcastic reply, after I made a jokey query in another thread on this forum.
The response and language used by Clifford Hignett, was based on the responses made by Ian Hignett and Andy Clifford on the GNE forum.

Jokingly, I suggested someone make up a fake profile on facebook, to give Hignett and Clifford a taste of their own medicine.
Not believing for a second it would happen, all sorts of fake 'characters' emerged, trolling the GNE facebook page and those two in particular.

All in all, it was quite amusing!
Of course no-one admitted to which of the members were behind the 'characters', which could mean they were set up by lurkers from another site or forum...

RE: Anything and Everything - Chris - 27 Sep 2013

Ah, back in the room. Many thanks.

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 27 Sep 2013

(27 Sep 2013, 12:27 pm)Chris Apologies for deviating away from this Facebook shenanigans for a minute(although I'm not on it and I don't 'get' a lot of what's going on, the antics of Ken 'the smooth talking devil' Kennedy et al are entertaining), but I've got a random question for someone in-the-know: What does this warning level: 0% thingy beneath my name mean? I've been on my best behaviour, promise!

We don't really use it much, but it is a feature used to monitor inappropriate behaviour on our forums.
Rather than banning the user immediately, the user is given several chances. Depending on the severity of the 'inappropriate behaviour', we can issue a certain warning percentage.
Once this reaches 100%, I assume the system bans the user or the forum's admins/mods will be alerted to it.

You can read more on the warning system on the link below if you're interested:
http://www.mybb.com/features/warning

RE: Anything and Everything - tyresmoke - 27 Sep 2013

(27 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm)Daniel We don't really use it much, but it is a feature used to monitor inappropriate behaviour on our forums.
Rather than banning the user immediately, the user is given several chances. Depending on the severity of the 'inappropriate behaviour', we can issue a certain warning percentage.
Once this reaches 100%, I assume the system bans the user or the forum's admins/mods will be alerted to it.

You can read more on the warning system on the link below if you're interested:
http://www.mybb.com/features/warning

On behalf of the admins and mods, of course we hope we never have to use this system! But it's there just in case.