North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Ambassador - 14 Jun 2016

I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

I know...I'm an awful driver!

RE: Anything and Everything - James101 - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 8:42 pm)Ambassador I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

My first car was auto, then a manual, now an auto again. 

Sounds odd but the transmission type was never a motivation in choosing any of the three I've had. Right now I prefer the idea of an auto, but would choose a manual again over the poor Vauxhall easy tronic semi auto gearbox I had in my first car. 

I don't think the choice of auto or manual makes someone a better or worse driver.

RE: Anything and Everything - Deleted - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 11:00 am)MrFozz Had my first driving lesson today, I went 50 yards, hit a kerb, slammed the anchors on and stalled the car...

It will be a frosty day in hell before I am unleashed behind the wheel of a bus

Sounds like your halfway there now Foss, just need to get the braking and acceleration right and your sorted, you know you have mastered this when you can get anyone alighting doing the hokey kokey up the bus, a professional bus driver can make all there passengers dance. Once you have advanced to the cha cha slide your a coach driver in the making.

Anyway good luck with the wedding and stick in with the driving lessons.

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 15 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 8:42 pm)Ambassador I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

I've never had a lesson, but I'd have to learn in an automatic because I no longer have the strength in my left arm/hand to consistently handle a gear stick. It's not such a limiting thing, these days, at least. I suspect we'll move over to more cars being automatic, over the next decade, as more steps to increase fuel economy and reduce emissions in cars are taken.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 15 Jun 2016

When not at work, I drive a manual. I'd rather have an automatic though because I'm lazy.

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 16 Jun 2016

"Who do they think they are?" Sign in Chester le Street. Above Loughlin's(?) Butchers.

What on earth is that all about?

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 16 Jun 2016

(16 Jun 2016, 8:58 am)BusLoverMum "Who do they think they are?" Sign in Chester le Street. Above Loughlin's(?) Butchers.

What on earth is that all about?

Is it similar to one of those 'Its illegal to use a legal name' ads currently seen around Chester?

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 16 Jun 2016

(16 Jun 2016, 9:32 am)MurdnunoC Is it similar to one of those 'Its illegal to use a legal name' ads currently seen around Chester?

No, those are national and part of a big tin foil hat movement, Freemen of the land. Thisone is CLS specific but the text was too small to read from the bus.

Anything and Everything - James101 - 25 Jun 2016

[Image: 2ab8ebfd4a17eac9906b3d0aa9d417a6.jpg]

"Ooo, a leftover newspaper, this will help pass the time on my journey"

[Image: 4a44dcaf24dbf3d02933f26d90e4d190.jpg]

"Oh, bugger."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 25 Jun 2016

(25 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm)James101 [Image: 2ab8ebfd4a17eac9906b3d0aa9d417a6.jpg]

"Ooo, a leftover newspaper, this will help pass the time on my journey"

[Image: 4a44dcaf24dbf3d02933f26d90e4d190.jpg]

"Oh, bugger."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 26 Jun 2016

Not sure where to put this but:

IMPORTANT TRAVEL INFORMATION - A1 CLOSURE
26 Jun 2016 

*** IMPORTANT TRAVEL UPDATE FROM HIGHWAYS ENGLAND***

A1 closure to continue until Wednesday following discovery of large hole under road surface – measures in place to ease congestion as much as possible

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/news_and_events/latest_news/2016/06/26/important_travel_info_a1_sinkhole/

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 26 Jun 2016

(26 Jun 2016, 5:37 pm)Michael Not sure where to put this but:

26 Jun 2016 

A1 closure to continue until Wednesday following discovery of large hole under road surface – measures in place to ease congestion as much as possible

http://www.northumbria.police.uk/news_and_events/latest_news/2016/06/26/important_travel_info_a1_sinkhole/

I here they found George Osborne's secret hiding place down there.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 26 Jun 2016

(26 Jun 2016, 6:30 pm)BusLoverMum I here they found George Osborne's secret hiding place down there.

When he eventually reappears I feel people are going to point and shout in a surprised tone "Oh look, it's him, I remember him from somewhere"...

RE: Anything and Everything - Ambassador - 26 Jun 2016

I think I best leave for work now.....

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 26 Jun 2016

(26 Jun 2016, 7:00 pm)Ambassador I think I best leave for work now.....

George!?! Is that you??

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 26 Jun 2016

(26 Jun 2016, 7:00 pm)Ambassador I think I best leave for work now.....

Head for Shotton Airfield. They could lend you a microlite.

RE: Anything and Everything - South Tyne Lad - 26 Jun 2016

26 Jun 2016 

The A1 Western Bypass upgrade was due to open this coming Week, That's just put it on hold for another few weeks.....

Anything and Everything - TEN 6083 - 26 Jun 2016

Police article says Wednesday it will be closed until

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

RE: Anything and Everything - S813 FVK - 26 Jun 2016

26 Jun 2016 

Updates (source: NE Traffic News):

- Single lane contraflow in each direction from 6am tomorrow (27th June)
- Tyne Tunnel have suspended the the toll to help the situation

RE: Anything and Everything - NK53 TKT - 28 Jun 2016

There is an unfolding terrorist attack at Istanbul Attürk Airport