North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 10:26 am)fozzovmurton That would be an epic journey for someone from, say, Herrington Burn to go back to Doxford Park Wink

I'd say every 30 Minutes in both directions would be better

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 9:25 am)Michael Idea's for NEXUS services:

37/73 - with a few changes -

37 - Doxford park - East Herrington - A19 - Washington Galleries - Concord - Castletown - Hylton College - Southwick - Wheatchef - Park lane - Durham road - Doxford park - Every 30 mins - Monday - Saturday only

Whos going to pay for this service?, Nexus wont pay for the service as theres already links available from commercial services, Nexus don't have that much money to do secured services as there budget have been slashed and since bus companies are deciding to cut services as the services don't line there pockets and the foot fall goes onto Nexus, and Nexus can only do so much. This is why QCS came about as year after year the bus companies are deciding that certain bus services is not worth it.

I remember not long ago that GNE took on the 141 (Ryhope to Houghton) and the 37 commercially from Nexus and ran the 37 from Sunderland to Washington via Doxford Park and ran the 38 from Sunderland to Houghton, both services provided 30 minute service between Sunderland and Herrington Burn while the 37 continued to Washington and the 38 continued to Houghton, and in the end GNE withdrew the old secured sections as there was no income for GNE to continue commercially, that's why Nexus had to re secure the 37 again between Doxford Park and Washington.

I think the public/passengers needs awake up call about bus services, Nexus should withdraw all the secured bus services to show the passengers and public how much there have to depend on the council and Nexus to fund secured bus services, and fend there anger towards bus companies putting huge profits infront of passengers needs.

Whilst sitting in Galleries Bus Station yesterday for an Hour and 15 Minutes waiting for 4961 to come in, I noticed 2 or 3 of the Lime 8 were running upto 20 Minutes Late. This isn't the first time I have noticed this either whilst hanging about the Galleries. So here's my suggestion.

8A - Chester le Street - Washington Galleries - Waterview Park - Royal Hospital - Sunderland Interchange

This would be a short working of the 8 running every 30 minutes alongside the 8 to create a combined every 15 minutes service

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 2:44 pm)cbma06 I think the public/passengers needs awake up call about bus services, Nexus should withdraw all the secured bus services to show the passengers and public how much there have to depend on the council and Nexus to fund secured bus services, and fend there anger towards bus companies putting huge profits infront of passengers needs.

I understand the point you're trying to make here but do you really think, PR wise, that this is the best statement for Nexus/TWITA to make? It comes across as spiteful and would probably do more damage than good.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 5:16 pm)AdamY I understand the point you're trying to make here but do you really think, PR wise, that this is the best statement for Nexus/TWITA to make? It comes across as spiteful and would probably do more damage than good.

There already made the announcement about if the QCS doesn't go ahead that the outcome could be the withdrawl of all secured work, I don't think it comes along being spiteful as its the truth, as Stagecoach already said short while ago that there would take all there buses and sack the drivers and sell the land off if the local authorities go ahead with the proposed QCS, just that the passengers should know how much of there bus services are secured by Nexus and paid for by Nexus.

Every year more and more bus services are having to be secured if possible by Nexus, since this is so then there should take over the bus services.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 5:29 pm)cbma06 There already made the announcement about if the QCS doesn't go ahead that the outcome could be the withdrawl of all secured work, I don't think it comes along being spiteful as its the truth, as Stagecoach already said short while ago that there would take all there buses and sack the drivers and sell the land off if the local authorities go ahead with the proposed QCS, just that the passengers should know how much of there bus services are secured by Nexus and paid for by Nexus.

Every year more and more bus services are having to be secured if possible by Nexus, since this is so then there should take over the bus services.

Yes, but there's a huge difference in saying that secured services could be withdrawn if QCS doesn't go ahead and withdrawing all secured services just to make a political point of saying 'where would you be without us'. That's how it would come across as spiteful just as Stagecoach's POV also comes across as spiteful.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 2:44 pm)cbma06 I think the public/passengers needs awake up call about bus services, Nexus should withdraw all the secured bus services to show the passengers and public how much there have to depend on the council and Nexus to fund secured bus services, and fend there anger towards bus companies putting huge profits infront of passengers needs.

I think in terms of some of the 'Nexus Bus' and 'Taxi Bus' services, I feel that some of them should be withdrawn. For example, when there was a discussion about the TB14 and the fact it carries less than 10 people per month - is this really an appropriate use of money?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 14 Sep 2013

Had a thought regarding the evening runs of the M1, which currently run between Heworth and Fallowfield way. Looking at the timetable, GNE currently run this with a PVR of 1.

My suggestion would be to curtail the evening M1 runs at Washington Galleries, and interwork with a short service 8 between The Galleries and Chester Le Street, but serving Fallowfield Way and Fatfield Riverside rather than straight down Biddick Lane. The service would accept through-fares to Fallowfield Way, so that those currently served don't lose out.

Below are the current departures/arrivals/running times for each.

Quote:The Galleries to Heworth (M1)
D: 2038* 2117 2147 2217 2247 2317
A: 2104 2134 2204 2234 2304 2334
26 17 17 17 17 17

Heworth to The Galleries (M1)
D: 2008 2038 2108 2138 2208 2238 2308 2338
A: 2029 2059 2129 2159 2229 2259 2329 2359
22 22 22 22 22 22 22 22

The Galleries to Chester Le Street (8)
D: 1859 1918
A: 1918 1937
19 19

Chester Le Street to The Galleries (8)
D: 1822 1852
A: 1842 1912
20 20

As you can see it would be quite comfortable to run such an interworking service by increasing the PVR to 2. The outward M1 trips from Heworth to The Galleries at that time are still quite heavily used, although the opposite way not so much so. Hence the difference in running time. I do believe there's enough people use the Heworth to The Galleries section to more than cover the cost of running at a PVR of 2.

Any thoughts?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 14 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm)aureolin Had a thought regarding the evening runs of the M1, which currently run between Heworth and Fallowfield way. Looking at the timetable, GNE currently run this with a PVR of 1.

It's currently a PVR of 2 with a half-hourly service during the evening between Heworth and Fallowfield Way. I do like the idea though! Smile

(14 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm)aureolin Had a thought regarding the evening runs of the M1, which currently run between Heworth and Fallowfield way. Looking at the timetable, GNE currently run this with a PVR of 1.

My suggestion would be to curtail the evening M1 runs at Washington Galleries, and interwork with a short service 8 between The Galleries and Chester Le Street, but serving Fallowfield Way and Fatfield Riverside rather than straight down Biddick Lane. The service would accept through-fares to Fallowfield Way, so that those currently served don't lose out.

Below are the current departures/arrivals/running times for each.

As you can see it would be quite comfortable to run such an interworking service by increasing the PVR to 2. The outward M1 trips from Heworth to The Galleries at that time are still quite heavily used, although the opposite way not so much so. Hence the difference in running time. I do believe there's enough people use the Heworth to The Galleries section to more than cover the cost of running at a PVR of 2.

Any thoughts?

I like the Idea, but is there any demand for the 8 on a night after 6pm between Washington and Chester le Street. I remember there used to be an 8 on a Sunday a few years back using WSS MPD's, perhaps on a Sunday would be better.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - CatsFast101 - 14 Sep 2013

This thread makes me laugh. Without sounding too bitchy or disrespectful, a member comes on and puts on a very viable service suggestion, by all means no ones saying its a fantastic idea but certainly a very fesiable and logically suggestion and then people start suggesting 'If there's any demand' when the same people will put totally fantasy suggestions like linking Washington & Winlaton via Here there and every where! Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind..

(14 Sep 2013, 9:13 pm)Adam Malarkey I like the Idea, but is there any demand for the 8 on a night after 6pm between Washington and Chester le Street. I remember there used to be an 8 on a Sunday a few years back using WSS MPD's, perhaps on a Sunday would be better.

I'd say so between The Galleries and Rickleton. The riverside gets more than enough local custom throughout the week for the demand to be there. To Chester may be a bit light, but you'd still get a handful I think.

That 8 using the WSS used to be every evening. I used to use that, but now I tend to stay on the 21 to Birtley and use the Arriva M2/M3 to the Galleries. Surprisingly there's quite a few people do the same thing, as I tend to see the same faces every time I travel back at that time.

Drew up some sample running times below. I've marked these clearly as bus A, B and C based on a PVR of 3. Where I've got the Heworth - Chester runs with '----', I'd propose that journey ran off at Fallowfield Way rather than the Galleries.

[Image: uUvrqlr.png]

(14 Sep 2013, 9:58 pm)aureolin I'd say so between The Galleries and Rickleton. The riverside gets more than enough local custom throughout the week for the demand to be there. To Chester may be a bit light, but you'd still get a handful I think.

That 8 using the WSS used to be every evening. I used to use that, but now I tend to stay on the 21 to Birtley and use the Arriva M2/M3 to the Galleries. Surprisingly there's quite a few people do the same thing, as I tend to see the same faces every time I travel back at that time.

Drew up some sample running times below. I've marked these clearly as bus A, B and C based on a PVR of 3. Where I've got the Heworth - Chester runs with '----', I'd propose that journey ran off at Fallowfield Way rather than the Galleries.

[Image: uUvrqlr.png]

It was the bit to Chester I wasn't to sure on, although like you said it may get used by the Clubbers down on the Riverside at the Weekend if they fancy going elsewhere.

(14 Sep 2013, 10:07 pm)Adam Malarkey It was the bit to Chester I wasn't to sure on, although like you said it may get used by the Clubbers down on the Riverside at the Weekend if they fancy going elsewhere.

It's more so the folk that get in the club I was thinking about, but my other train of thought, out of experience, is the amount of people that travel from the river bar/havelock/biddick inn to Concord and vice versa actually. Going the other way, the Sunderland link is already there with the 2C. I know people will probably say taxis etc, but like eezypeazy said, we should be encouraging people to use buses. Wink

(14 Sep 2013, 9:54 pm)CatsFast101 This thread makes me laugh. Without sounding too bitchy or disrespectful, a member comes on and puts on a very viable service suggestion, by all means no ones saying its a fantastic idea but certainly a very fesiable and logically suggestion and then people start suggesting 'If there's any demand' when the same people will put totally fantasy suggestions like linking Washington & Winlaton via Here there and every where! Pot calling the kettle black springs to mind..

it's all Fantasy at the end of day and it's an excellent Thread for Discussion for members of the forum. Yeah some ideas I'll admit maybe over the top at times, and I'll admit I have done a few myself over the past few months. But unlike most members I actually put a lot of thought/time and effort into putting my suggestions together, in which I have been praised for in the past few weeks by a few members. Take my Q3 Suggestion as an example.

If you think some suggestions are laughable then why don't you make a few yourself and we'll see how laughable your suggestions are, otherwise just don't bother looking at this thread if all your going to do is criticise other members Ideas.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - CatsFast101 - 15 Sep 2013

(14 Sep 2013, 10:28 pm)Adam Malarkey it's all Fantasy at the end of day and it's an excellent Thread for Discussion for members of the forum. Yeah some ideas I'll admit maybe over the top at times, and I'll admit I have done a few myself over the past few months. But unlike most members I actually put a lot of thought/time and effort into putting my suggestions together, in which I have been praised for in the past few weeks by a few members. Take my Q3 Suggestion as an example.

If you think some suggestions are laughable then why don't you make a few yourself and we'll see how laughable your suggestions are, otherwise just don't bother looking at this thread if all your going to do is criticise other members Ideas.

I'm not critising all members, I'm critising a select few. Who are living on another planet when putting suggestions up such as yourself Adam, I'm sorry but 90% of your suggestions are complete fantasy, I'd love to know the thought process behind them. I just think, fair enough debate and discuss others suggestions, I just thought you of all people to come and ask if a service is viable is astounding.

I'm not going to comment any further on this, as I don't want a thread to be taken over with two members bickering, lets just move on.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 15 Sep 2013

I think the North Tyne Links brand could be changed:

40/41 - Wallsend-Hadrian Park-Wallsend (Half-Hourly)
40A - Wallsend-Hadrian Park-Cobalt South-North Shields (Half-Hourly)
41A - Wallsend-Hadrian Park-Cobalt-Rake Lane-Preston Grange-Marden Estate-Whitley Bay (Half Hourly)
80/80A - North Shields-Linskill Terrace-Tynemouth-Preston Grange-Rake Lane-Billy Mill-North Shields (Half Hourly, both directions)

40 and 41 would remain unchanged, but run half-hourly. However, service 40A would provide a 15-minute frequency between Wallsend, Battle Hill and Hadrian Park, and service 41A would provide a 15 minute frequency between Wallsend, Howdon and Hadrian Park. A fantastic number of new links would be provided for Hadrian Park.

Service 80 would be replaced by service 41A between Wallsend and Rake Lane, and by new 80 and 80A services between Rake Lane and North Shields.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 15 Sep 2013

Wonder what option's people would of had if the 20/35 changes went ahead as GNE wanted them to.

Such as the 20 extending to South Shields - replacing the 35 - route would of taken 88 mins - PVR would of being 18 - if kept at every 10 mins.

35 - i think was run from Park lane to South Moosley etc only- remaining 10 mins - this could of being spilt.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 5:30 pm)Michael Wonder what option's people would of had if the 20/35 changes went ahead as GNE wanted them to.

Such as the 20 extending to South Shields - replacing the 35 - route would of taken 88 mins - PVR would of being 18 - if kept at every 10 mins.

35 - i think was run from Park lane to South Moosley etc only- remaining 10 mins - this could of being spilt.

It would have been interesting to say the least, considering the reliability of the Solars on the 20 as of late. Tongue It was an insane suggestion by them to have such an unrealistic route. Durham already has a 30 minute frequency to Shields and I can't see it needing more than that!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 15 Sep 2013

(15 Sep 2013, 6:07 pm)aureolin It would have been interesting to say the least, considering the reliability of the Solars on the 20 as of late. Tongue It was an insane suggestion by them to have such an unrealistic route. Durham already has a 30 minute frequency to Shields and I can't see it needing more than that!

Consulation, everybody should know that bus companies would put red herrings in consulations