North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 18 Dec 2014

(18 Dec 2014, 6:43 pm)Tom @Andreos - Hull lost their two first choice keepers this season. Although Eldin Jakupovic was actually decent, unlike Alnwick.

Give him a chance, hes a young keeper, it's not just hes fault you're leaking goals. 

I'm looking forward to the derby but i'm not going to predict cause anything can happen

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 18 Dec 2014

(18 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm)Michael Give him a chance, hes a young keeper, it's not just hes fault you're leaking goals. 

I'm looking forward to the derby but i'm not going to predict cause anything can happen
The Derby could be the making of Alnwick, games like that can make careers

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 18 Dec 2014

(18 Dec 2014, 6:50 pm)MrFozz The Derby could be the making of Alnwick, games like that can make careers

I agree, he could have the best game of hes life.

Lets hope Dozy does to for Sunderland.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 18 Dec 2014

(18 Dec 2014, 6:49 pm)Michael Give him a chance, hes a young keeper, it's not just hes fault you're leaking goals. 

Well he was at fault for two goals in the Arsenal game, and one in the Spurs game!

Re: RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 18 Dec 2014

(18 Dec 2014, 6:53 pm)Michael I agree, he could have the best game of hes life.

Lets hope Dozy does to for Sunderland.
Dozy could not hit water if he fell off a boat Tongue

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Tom - 19 Dec 2014

Predictions:

Man City 2-0 Crystal Palace
Aston Villa 0-2 Man Utd
Hull 1-2 Swansea
QPR 3-1 West Brom
Southampton 0-1 Everton
Spurs 3-0 Burnley
West Ham 2-0 Leicester

Newcastle 1-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 1-2 Arsenal

Stoke 1-2 Chelsea

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 19 Dec 2014

Massive shame for my team Gateshead losing to promotion rivals Bristol Rovers tonight, we put up a good fight but a dodgy freekick led to a goal that ultimately killed us off

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 19 Dec 2014

(19 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm)leestransportphotos Massive shame for my team Gateshead losing to promotion rivals Bristol Rovers tonight, we put up a good fight but a dodgy freekick led to a goal that ultimately killed us off

I didn't even know they were playing tonight Sad

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - LeeCalder - 19 Dec 2014

Yeah. It was on BT Sport

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Dec 2014

This is what could be in store for the Chimp Chokers

Hartlepool boss wants to sign Evans

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2014

I was down there yesterday afternoon. Got home and read that.
Ronnie Moore is never far away from the headlines...

As for the game, Oxford looked poor at the back, Hartlepool in Midfield. Neither created too many clear cut chances, but going off league positions, not a bad result for Hartlepool. Shame they couldn't hold out for a win.

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - MrFozz - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 8:14 am)Andreos1 I was down there yesterday afternoon. Got home and read that.
Ronnie Moore is never far away from the headlines...

As for the game, Oxford looked poor at the back, Hartlepool in Midfield. Neither created too many clear cut chances, but going off league positions, not a bad result for Hartlepool. Shame they couldn't hold out for a win.
So what is your opinion on young Chedwyn mate?

Would you be happy watching him play knowing whay he has been convicted of?

I am all for innocent till proven guilty, I know Evans has always protested his innocence and apparantly will be appealing, but as it stands the man was found guilty of rape and was jailed for said conviction, now if on appeal he is found to be innocent, then by all means let him continue his football career.

Convicted rapists and sex offenders should not be in a position where they are supposed to be a role model to children, If me or you was a convicted sex offender our employment opportunities would be very limited and I dont see why Ched Evans, if he is on appeal, ultimately found guilty, he should not be allowed to make a name for himself im a very public...I said the same about Marlon King(sexual assault) and about Lee Hughes and Luke Norris (both death by dangerous driving)

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Andreos1 - 21 Dec 2014

I have thought about this for a while now and my view is skewed by personal experience.

Several years ago, a mate took a lass back to his. The next afternoon, police knocked at the door and arrested him for rape.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was charged. Working in the medical sector, he knew what the outcome would be if the hospital trust found out.
What was different between his case and Ched Evans case, there was no sexual contact.
The police only found this out, when carrying out DNA testing.
My mate, was released without charge.

As for the Ched Evans case, only two people know what happened that night, we weren't there, haven't heard word for word what was said in court - so despite the jury finding him guilty, I will stand back and reserve judgement.
I am not saying it is a miscarriage of justice, but I am saying there have been others in the past.

(21 Dec 2014, 8:37 am)Andreos1 I have thought about this for a while now and my view is skewed by personal experience.

Several years ago, a mate took a lass back to his. The next afternoon, police knocked at the door and arrested him for rape.

Despite protesting his innocence, he was charged. Working in the medical sector, he knew what the outcome would be if the hospital trust found out.
What was different between his case and Ched Evans case, there was no sexual contact.
The police only found this out, when carrying out DNA testing.
My mate, was released without charge.

As for the Ched Evans case, only two people know what happened that night, we weren't there, haven't heard word for word what was said in court - so despite the jury finding him guilty, I will stand back and reserve judgement.
I am not saying it is a miscarriage of justice, but I am saying there have been others in the past.
Not word for word but here is a summary of the court case

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-ched-evans-chedwyn-evans

I think what Evans was convicted on was the fact the victim so pissed out her head, she was in no fit state to consent, she was absolutely steaming and had drugs in her system.

My view on this is very personal, someone I love very much was victim of an attempted rape about 8 years ago, he was finally caught and ended up being deported back to India and I was viciously assaulted when I was 17, though I never made a complaint, thats a different story for a different day though.

As I said if his conviction is overturned on appeal, I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong, whatever happens though, Evans will probably never be innocent in many peoples opinions and will forever remain a controversial figure as long as he is playing football

After reading that, I am even less sure about his guilt, than I already was... Particularly as his mate was let off, for doing the same thing.
It's a minefield, and I think we need to leave it to the appeals court to decide.

One thing is for sure, drunken sex (whether as part of a relationship or not), is a no-no now. The precedent has been set.
Have drunken sex and just hope the other person remembers the next morning!

(21 Dec 2014, 9:10 am)Andreos1 After reading that, I am even less sure about his guilt, than I already was... Particularly as his mate was let off, for doing the same thing.
It's a minefield, and I think we need to leave it to the appeals court to decide.

One thing is for sure, drunken sex (whether as part of a relationship or not), is a no-no now. The precedent has been set.
Have drunken sex and just hope the other person remembers the next morning!
Your right about it being a minefield.

As for that summary, why was his mates around filming it, should they not have been done for voyeurism or something, if she was in no fit state to consent, she was in no state to agree to star in a frankie vaughan.

I think more protection for men accused of rape and serious sexual offences needs to be brought in, innocent or guilty, a man may never live it down, even if he is innocent and that is wrong.

Unfortunately for Ched Evans, giving his profile, if/when henis cleared, it will always be firmly on his shoulders, not everybody would accept his possible acquittal on appeal.

Just have to wait and see Big Grin

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 21 Dec 2014

Today's, the day, its derby day!

I know i'm not an admin on here but can we please keep the banter friendly, no going over the top please, i really can't be arsed.

Lets make it a derby for Liam Sweeney and John Alder. 

My prediction: 1-1

(21 Dec 2014, 10:21 am)Michael Today's, the day, its derby day!

I know i'm not an admin on here but can we please keep the banter friendly, no going over the top please, i really can't be arsed.

Absolutely agree

But where do you consider the line being from banter to going over the top???

(21 Dec 2014, 10:21 am)Michael Today's, the day, its derby day!

Absolutely agree

RE: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Michael - 21 Dec 2014

(21 Dec 2014, 11:31 am)MrFozz Absolutely agree

I'm not sure, just want to make sure it doesn't get personal on here and people to over re-act to comments because we all know some people can! 

I'll be having my cheesy chips while the match is on Tongue