North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 20 Jan 2015

@Jimmi - if you go for it, I look forward to seeing some EYMS stuff on your Flickr. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 20 Jan 2015

Think I'll just do Whitby tomorrow.

Will do Scarborough and possibly Bridlington and Filey in the summer.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 21 Jan 2015

Sorry to ask but, does anyone know how the X93, 4/X4 are running and is there much snow on the route.

Can't look on the live map on my phone because Arriva don't have the app on the Windows Phone so I have to use the browser and it's pretty much unusable but from what I could see they are running on-time. My parents don't want me to go as there has been a TINY bit of snow here.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 23 Jan 2015

Might get an Explorer tomorrow.

Will get the 71 (last day!) from my house to Houghton then go from there.

Quick question - I've never used an Explorer on the Metro before, can someone explain to me how I use it?

Isn't there like ticket barriers or something, how do I use it is what I'm asking. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 4:37 pm)MarcTheA4 Might get an Explorer tomorrow.

Will get the 71 (last day!) from my house to Houghton then go from there.

Quick question - I've never used an Explorer on the Metro before, can someone explain to me how I use it?

Isn't there like ticket barriers or something, how do I use it is what I'm asking. Smile

Show the ticket to the metro person at the gates. 

(23 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)Tom Show the ticket to the metro person at the gates. 

Thanks Tom. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 23 Jan 2015

(23 Jan 2015, 4:38 pm)MarcTheA4 Thanks Tom. Smile

To be fair, why don't you just get a Tyne and Wear Day Rover, and pay 90p on the 71?

(23 Jan 2015, 4:39 pm)Tom To be fair, why don't you just get a Tyne and Wear Day Rover, and pay 90p on the 71?

Might fancy a trip up to Stanley and Consett afterwards for some Olympians.

I will definitely be taking my camera, and hopefully will take some photos too.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 24 Jan 2015

Remember Marcus, photography is not permitted on Metro and you have to fill in a form. Tongue

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 24 Jan 2015

Think I may head over to Sunderland today. Possibly.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 10:08 am)Tom Think I may head over to Sunderland today. Possibly.
Gotta do something - bright blue skies today!

I love blue skies! I've only got 2 1/2 hours with my rest bite workers so I've got to stay local. Ugh.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MrFozz - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 10:12 am)Tommy_1581 I love blue skies! I've only got 2 1/2 hours with my rest bite workers so I've got to stay local. Ugh.
Sorry for pulling you up on spelling, do you mean Respite Worker Smile

That's the one, Fozz! Could never spell it correctly! Bloody useless today, standing around moaning about the cold.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 24 Jan 2015

It has came to my attention that a certain Bus Enthusiast with dark hair and flashy camera, took it upon himself to invade my territory today whilst photographing the Mercs on there last day on the 2A/2C, This person was caught red handed by ones mother as she walked down the street to get the Bus, hmmm I wonder who it could be.

(24 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm)Malarkey It has came to my attention that a certain Bus Enthusiast with dark hair and flashy camera, took it upon himself to invade my territory today whilst photographing the Mercs on there last day on the 2A/2C, This person was caught red handed by ones mother as she walked down the street to get the Bus, hmmm I wonder who it could be.

Was this bus enthusiast with dark hair and a flashy camera also munching on a Big Mac and a Toffee Honeycomb McFlurry? Tongue 

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:23 pm)Malarkey It has came to my attention that a certain Bus Enthusiast with dark hair and flashy camera, took it upon himself to invade my territory today whilst photographing the Mercs on there last day on the 2A/2C, This person was caught red handed by ones mother as she walked down the street to get the Bus, hmmm I wonder who it could be.

What was he doin' ya turf? Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 24 Jan 2015

(24 Jan 2015, 7:26 pm)Dan Was this bus enthusiast with dark hair and a flashy camera also munching on a Big Mac and a Toffee Honeycomb McFlurry? Tongue 
Had a feeling it was you when my mother gave the description, as for the Big Mac and Toffee Honeycomb McFlurry I have zero idea, doubt it though as she seen you at the bottom of Lambton taking this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/16355419972/

(24 Jan 2015, 7:27 pm)MarcTheA4 What was he doin' ya turf? Wink

For 5327! Tongue 

[Image: 16355419972_d3592cd9ca.jpg]Go North East: 5327 / NK58DWE by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

When I was planning where to get my photographs, I realised that this was the only place (besides The Galleries) that I could photograph 5327 in full sun. Low sun means I have to plan around open spaces - Lambton serving as a good example! Big Grin 

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 24 Jan 2015

Oh I thought he was on about Bazza. Tongue Tongue