North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Go North East Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 8:09 pm)speedwheels22 29 being every 20 mins i never hardly see anyone on it about 3 to 4 people miss the old 26 route

Wait lack of punctuation makes part of that confusing. Do you mean about 3 to 4 people using service 29 or 3 to 4 people miss the old 26 route? Sorry for being all ya know but it would help.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm)marxistafozzski It's not bad over the 39 section
I've seen it more and more recently in Castletown and it always seems to be alright...

Not so much at the Boldon end, but yknow.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 17 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 8:36 pm)Dan I've seen it more and more recently in Castletown and it always seems to be alright...

Not so much at the Boldon end, but yknow.

It's odd that GNE even opt for it to stop at Boldon to replace it with the 9 to Jarrow, i still think it should go to Heworth during the day!

I have family in Castletown and they say people are happy about the 29, although they weren't when it changed!.

The 9, needs changing once again, i think it should be every 20 mins along the full route...

As for the 39... i don't think it needs changing at all

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 10:04 am)Michael The 9, needs changing once again, i think it should be every 20 mins along the full route...

Why?, have you been on it from Jarrow to North Shields!!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 10:13 am)citaro5284 Why?, have you been on it from Jarrow to North Shields!!

Few times, the times iv'e being on its being alright

Citaro, do u think it requires to be every 15 mins between Sunderland and Jarrow?

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 10:13 am)citaro5284 Why?, have you been on it from Jarrow to North Shields!!
I have, and I tend to be by myself on that one.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 17 Aug 2014

Aye it's poor at that end. Never any fare paying passengers.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 10:31 am)Tom Aye it's poor at that end. Never any fare paying passengers.
There's never any passengers full stop a lot of the time. I can't understand it to be honest, as it's the quickest option for anyone living around Sunderland or Shields way. Ferry takes longer the time you're waiting for it.

(17 Aug 2014, 10:38 am)aureolin There's never any passengers full stop a lot of the time. I can't understand it to be honest, as it's the quickest option for anyone living around Sunderland or Shields way. Ferry takes longer the time you're waiting for it.

There is never many passengers using it through the tunnel, but quite a few people use it along Howdon Road. It's secured by Nexus anyway.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 10:40 am)Tom There is never many passengers using it through the tunnel, but quite a few people use it along Howdon Road. It's secured by Nexus anyway.

Which says a lot to me... It's not good enough to be commercially operated (i.e. it carries so few passengers that it makes a loss).

(17 Aug 2014, 11:09 am)Dan Which says a lot to me... It's not good enough to be commercially operated (i.e. it carries so few passengers that it makes a loss).

As I've got nowt better to do, I'm going to jump on a Coaster, then get the 9 to Jarrow to see how it does.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - GuyParkRoyal - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 11:10 am)Tom As I've got nowt better to do, I'm going to jump on a Coaster, then get the 9 to Jarrow to see how it does.

I think you will find that there are few or no customers on the 9 if you try it today but that is true of many routes on a Sunday. When I see the 9 arriving in to Jarrow from North Shields weekday day times it is often half full which is not bad. Departing North Shields there are customers making short journeys from the town centre to the area by the Royal Quays as well which must help in justifying the half hour frequency.

One Nexus Conc and a Nexus CAT departing North Shields.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 11:56 am)Tom One Nexus Conc and a Nexus CAT departing North Shields.

Full bus then...

(17 Aug 2014, 12:01 pm)citaro5284 Full bus then...

Having to stand, no seats left!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 11:56 am)Tom One Nexus Conc and a Nexus CAT departing North Shields.

Curious to see what loads are like next weekend - Bank Holiday and nice weather (possibly).

Went through the tunnel on it for the first time earlier this year (on a Bank Hol Sunday).
Decent loads between Park Lane and Jarrow - which should have ensured a healthy profit and then a reasonable load under the river to the other side - although it did only stop once in the Percy Main/Meadow Well area.

Not many got on at North Shields, although by this point it was circa 20mins late and most people were heading to the coast at that time of the day.

Certainly a route of two halves and the route it takes between Howdon and North Shields doesn't lend itself to local runs - particularly when other services go into the estates.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Acky81 - 17 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 2:43 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Would be better off Extending the 42 from Silksworth.

To where Doxford or Newcastle

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 5:58 pm)Acky81 To where Doxford or Newcastle

to Doxford from Silksworth

(16 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm)marxistafozzski It's not bad over the 39 section

The 29 is actually quite good on the South Sunderland section. I do think the 56 would do well as it would support people living on Tyneside getting to Doxford international. Is the 39 a northern or simplicity route now cos I still don't understand why go north east bothered painting the buses purple

(17 Aug 2014, 5:59 pm)NEBCD Malarkey to Doxford from Silksworth

The old 133 used to extend to Doxford