North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 28 Aug 2014

4 - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Fence Houses - Houghton-le-Spring

4A - Heworth - Usworth - Concord - Washington Galleries - Glebe - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Newbottle - Coaly Lane/Blind Lane - Brinkburn Crescent/Station Road - Houghton le Spring

Every 20 Minutes/Combined Every 10 Minutes - Clockwise/Anti Clockwise Loop Between Shiney Row and Houghton le Spring - Interworking at Houghton le Spring.

Interworking Pattern

4 - Heworth to Houghton
4A - Houghton to Heworth
4A - Heworth to Houghton
4 - Houghton to Heworth

And Vice Versa

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 28 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 12:55 pm)Michael I wasnt sure if it still interworked with the 74A

I think so, or at least they're still using MPDs on the journeys I've seen. I think there's scope for Sunday journeys on the X84 and X85 though

RE: Go North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 06 Sep 2014

For Citylink and Cobalt Clipper, here's my idea:

- 58 kept in current forum under Citylink Brand between Newcastle and Heworth with a PVR of 9 + 1 spare. 4 transferred to Percy Main.

- 309 kept in current form but increased to every 30 mins during evenings. Kept under the Cobalt Clipper Brand with B9TL's with a PVR of 11 + 1 spare. Still operating from Stand M.

- 310 kept in current form but operating via the Coast Rd side road rather than High Farm. Increased to every 30 mins during evenings. Operated by 4 from Citylink + 3 new order Versas under the Centurion Brand. Would run from stand N Mon to Sat and stand M evenings and Sundays.

- 305 introduced under the Centurion Brand brand with 5 new order Optare Versas + 1 spare for both the 305 / 310. Note that no interworking would occur for any service. Operating via current 58 route between Hadrian Park and Battle Hill then current 310 from there to Newcastle. Operating every 15 mins Mon to Sat with evening and Sunday journeys operating half hourly. Would operate from Stand M at all times.

- Services 305, 309 and 310 would operate up to every 5 mins Mon to Sat between Battle Hill and Newcastle and every 10 mins during evenings and Sundays.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 06 Sep 2014

MOD note: Moved above post to appropriate thread.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 06 Sep 2014

X6 - Durham to Darlington, via this route: https://goo.gl/maps/sf26I

I don't think it's worth going head to head with Arriva's 7 straight down the A167, hence turning on to the A1 between junctions 59 and 60. This, and the short stretch along the A689 between junction 60 on the A1 and Sedgefield, would allow the bus to catch up to timetable if delayed in either Durham or Darlington.

It would of course provide new links, such as Darlington, Sedgefield, Coxhoe, Bowburn, Shincliffe, Durham Uni, and New Elvet, in what I'd reckon could be done in an hour. 9 minutes faster than the 7. If it were timed right, and linked with the X21 for connections, then you're providing an hour and a half express between Darlington and Newcastle. Very similar to the Pronto X21 between Bishop and Newcastle.

Potential operation for Crook too!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 06 Sep 2014

(06 Sep 2014, 4:02 pm)aureolin X6 - Durham to Darlington, via this route: https://goo.gl/maps/sf26I

I don't think it's worth going head to head with Arriva's 7 straight down the A167, hence turning on to the A1 between junctions 59 and 60. This, and the short stretch along the A689 between junction 60 on the A1 and Sedgefield, would allow the bus to catch up to timetable if delayed in either Durham or Darlington.

It would of course provide new links, such as Darlington, Sedgefield, Coxhoe, Bowburn, Shincliffe, Durham Uni, and New Elvet, in what I'd reckon could be done in an hour. 9 minutes faster than the 7. If it were timed right, and linked with the X21 for connections, then you're providing an hour and a half express between Darlington and Newcastle. Very similar to the Pronto X21 between Bishop and Newcastle.

It would roughly take around the same amount of time as the 7 between Darlington and Durham. It would offer new links to Darlington from Coxhoe, Bowburn and Shincliffe and a faster service from Sedgefield to Darlington than the 21. Not sure if it would be a success though as Arriva used to run service 13 from Durham to Darlington and it carried not many passengers although that was probably because it used to take all eternity to get to Darlington, I did the 13 from Durham to Newton Aycliffe once when I was a kid and I lost the will to live as it took forever because it seemed to go via the world.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adrian - 06 Sep 2014

(06 Sep 2014, 5:20 pm)Jimmi It would roughly take around the same amount of time as the 7 between Darlington and Durham. It would offer new links to Darlington from Coxhoe, Bowburn and Shincliffe and a faster service from Sedgefield to Darlington than the 21. Not sure if it would be a success though as Arriva used to run service 13 from Durham to Darlington and it carried not many passengers although that was probably because it used to take all eternity to get to Darlington, I did the 13 from Durham to Newton Aycliffe once when I was a kid and I lost the will to live as it took forever because it seemed to go via the world.

Difference between what I propose and the 7 is that my proposal has the ability to burn down time using the A1. It wouldn't be hugely faster than the 7, but I reckon it's possible to keep it to an hour, by making it limited stop express.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 06 Sep 2014

(06 Sep 2014, 4:02 pm)aureolin X6 - Durham to Darlington, via this route: https://goo.gl/maps/sf26I

Good idea.
I suggested a similar idea a while back, but proposed it went through Aycliffe and then onto the A1 from the A689.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 06 Sep 2014

702 - Seaburn Morrisons - Roker - Stadium of Light - Castletown - Queen Alexandra Bridge - Pallion - Royal Hospital - Sunderland Interchange - Eye Infirmary - Leechmere Road Asda - Grangetown

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 06 Sep 2014

would be nice to introduce an ASDA shuttle again i used to use this as one of my 1st GNE journeys back then it was known as Go Ahead Northern under the Wear Buses livery i used to like traveling to ASDA with my papa on the Leyland Olympian was a nice fast bus at the time my mum still worked at Boldon was great for shopping but my sister would have been too young to remember but i enjoyed the ride on the way back home it was a leyland national and i really enjoyed the 2 rides home and Asda and back i loved it with my Dad

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 07 Sep 2014

50 - Chester-le-Street - Ayton (50) - Harraton (50A) - Washington Galleries - Concord - Nissan (50) - Waterview Park (50A) - Boldon - West Harton - South Shields
Every 30 Minutes

21/21A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre (21A) - Plawsworth - Waldridge Park (21A) - Chester-le-Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Shipcote - Gateshead - Newcastle
Every 10 Minutes

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 08 Sep 2014

Hey Malarkey...

Can you come up with a service to get me home from Scotland every now and again...

#malarkeymarathons

Tongue

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 09 Sep 2014

service from cobalt to newcastle via forest hall,benton,four lane ends,dwp longbenton freeman hospital,then the same route the 3 takes to benton road,coast road,cradlewell,sandyford,st marys place,haymarket

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 09 Sep 2014

When the 4 is reduced to a 30min frequency beyond the bustling metropolis of Fallowfield Way on a night, Sunday and Bank Holiday, it gets a canny layover behind the Co-op on Hillside Way, Houghton.

Whilst the breaks may be popular with drivers and the short 35's between Rainton Bridge/Houghton a hindrance, is it worth extending these particular 4's somewhere up the road?
Rather than pay the driver to sit around having a smoke and reading their paper for 30mins, there must be a few fares they could pick up on a run upto Newbottle or Dox Park - even to Hetton.
There is enough spare time in the timetable to do it.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 09 Sep 2014

(07 Sep 2014, 5:30 pm)NEBCD Malarkey 21/21A - Durham - Framwellgate Moor - Arnison Centre (21A) - Plawsworth - Waldridge Park (21A) - Chester-le-Street - Birtley - Harlow Green - Low Fell - Shipcote - Gateshead - Newcastle
Every 10 Minutes

But Adam, GNE insist that 21 and 21A confused customers so they've never used the letters A after a service since...*cough*

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 09 Sep 2014

(09 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm)gtom But Adam, GNE insist that 21 and 21A confused customers so they've never used the letters A after a service since...*cough*

I shall Re-Number it 22 then as we don't want "Confused Customers", I feel sorry for those who use the Laser Network, I really do.

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Dan - 10 Sep 2014

(09 Sep 2014, 10:47 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I shall Re-Number it 22 then as we don't want "Confused Customers", I feel sorry for those who use the Laser Network, I really do.
I'm too lazy to learn the letters so usually get on and hope for the best.

#logic

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 5:26 am)Dan I'm too lazy to learn the letters so usually get on and hope for the best.

#logic

Me too, the laser is a good example, not sure if someone used it already?

To me the laser is very confusing with it having 4 different letters... 35/35A during the day
35B/35C - evenings and Sundays...

Not sure why they just didn't stick with the 35/35A!

Anyway, the laser seems to be working since last changes or GNE would of changed them..

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 10 Sep 2014

(10 Sep 2014, 8:58 am)Michael Me too, the laser is a good example, not sure if someone used it already?

To me the laser is very confusing with it having 4 different letters... 35/35A during the day
35B/35C - evenings and Sundays...

Not sure why they just didn't stick with the 35/35A!

Anyway, the laser seems to be working since last changes or GNE would of changed them..

Was sure I replied to this earlier - obviously not!

The 35a seems to carry fewer passengers (out of peaks) between Houghton/Rainton Bridge and from Houghton in the other direction, since the last change.

Although missing several stops from Rainton Bridge towards Houghton may help with reliability, it isn't doesn't help with passenger numbers.
The fact it is one of the longer journeys between Houghton and Sunderland, doesn't help its case either.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Washingtonian - 10 Sep 2014

I get confused about some of the service numbering in Washington, particularly on evenings and Sundays. I don't understand why we have the M2A and M3A when these services run pretty much of the same route as the M2 and M3, with the exception they both serve Barmston Village Centre and Barmston Waskerley Road. I must say I think the Washington local services need to be sorted out big time. I would say only half the routes of services M2, M3, W5 and W6 are ever busy, while the other half is very quiet. I would also like to see parts of the GNE network sensibly renumbered.