North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 01 Aug 2023

(01 Aug 2023, 4:36 am)Dan Imagine these could be BSIP funded.

Northumberland County Council are currently tendering an additional hourly 57A service to run during the day Mon-Sat from Ashington to Cramlington (so it is a combined half hourly service) and they are also tendering the X16 service which is being reinstated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the X16 was tendered to another operator other than Arriva.....would Transport North East / Nexus and Northumberland CC have powers to agree mutual ticket acceptance & coordinated timetabling between the tendered service and the X14/X15/X18?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 01 Aug 2023

(01 Aug 2023, 4:36 am)Dan Imagine these could be BSIP funded.

Northumberland County Council are currently tendering an additional hourly 57A service to run during the day Mon-Sat from Ashington to Cramlington (so it is a combined half hourly service) and they are also tendering the X16 service which is being reinstated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow the X16 is making a return

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Bazza - 01 Aug 2023

(01 Aug 2023, 6:45 am)L469 YVK If the X16 was tendered to another operator other than Arriva.....would Transport North East / Nexus and Northumberland CC have powers to agree mutual ticket acceptance & coordinated timetabling between the tendered service and the X14/X15/X18?

It would make sense to have mutual ticket acceptance and a coordinated timetable, but unless Arriva are somehow compensated, I cannot see any benefit to them to accept tickets issued on the X16.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 02 Aug 2023

(01 Aug 2023, 6:45 am)L469 YVK If the X16 was tendered to another operator other than Arriva.....would Transport North East / Nexus and Northumberland CC have powers to agree mutual ticket acceptance & coordinated timetabling between the tendered service and the X14/X15/X18?

They wouldn't have powers to do that with commercial products and current schedules, no.

It would need Arriva to agree to it, which may be tricky if they are not the winner of the tender.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ambassador - 02 Aug 2023

(01 Aug 2023, 8:59 am)Bazza It would make sense to have mutual ticket acceptance and a coordinated timetable, but unless Arriva are somehow compensated, I cannot see any benefit to them to accept tickets issued on the X16.

Won't the new BSIP inspired multi operator tickets work out cheaper anyway? So in theory, people will have the correct ticket anyway?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 02 Aug 2023

(02 Aug 2023, 11:56 am)Ambassador Won't the new BSIP inspired multi operator tickets work out cheaper anyway? So in theory, people will have the correct ticket anyway?

Only for day tickets. Nothing planned for weekly or longer, which isn't great.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NEbushopper - 03 Aug 2023

Will the X16 go back up to Kirkhill or just terminate at Morpeth?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 03 Aug 2023

553 will be allocated NK12 FLL 1499 from September now. Check the Flickr link I took today. Its been re-branded from 47 to 553
https://flic.kr/p/2oTuJYc

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 08 Aug 2023

Arriva changes are live. New 434 and other changes

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/service-changes-northumberland-and-tyne-and-wear

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 1:24 pm)Busu284 Arriva changes are live. New 434 and other changes

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/service-changes-northumberland-and-tyne-and-wear

The layover at Bedlington Station on that 07:26 trip seems a tad excessive...

Glad they've taken action to sort out the 43/44/45 by putting an extra bus into it, the Morpeth 43s in particular seem to struggle to make up any time. I guess if their decision when leaving Newcastle was to choose the GNR services over the 50s, it makes sense to ensure they're operated properly to improve reliability and customer satisfaction.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 6:35 pm)mb134 The layover at Bedlington Station on that 07:26 trip seems a tad excessive...

Glad they've taken action to sort out the 43/44/45 by putting an extra bus into it, the Morpeth 43s in particular seem to struggle to make up any time. I guess if their decision when leaving Newcastle was to choose the GNR services over the 50s, it makes sense to ensure they're operated properly to improve reliability and customer satisfaction.
Putting the ABTRL aside, Arriva are missing a trick withthe X8 and 43. Could speed the X9 up at the same time too.

Suggested changes to withdraw X8:
- 42 (every 30 mins)
Cramlington - High Pit - Annitsford - Fern Drive - Dudley then as per current 43

- 43 (every 30 mins NCL > Cramlington then hourly to Blyth)
Blyth - as per X8 to Shankhouse - then as per X9 to Cramlington - Beacon Hill - Fisher Lane - Seaton Burn then as per current 43 - note that X21/X22 offer fast alternatives for the new builds around Fisher Lane

- X7 (every 30 mins)
Same route as now, maybe an increase to every 20 minutes

- X9 (every 30 mins)
As per current X9 Blyth to Shankhouse then as per X10 to Newcastle

- X10/X11 (every 30 mins each)
Coordinated to provide bus up to every 10 mins from Blyth and between Parkside and Newcastle alongside service X9. More evenly coordinated gap between X10/X11 in Newsham

Small section off the 43 (upper part of Dudley Lane) will loose the direct Newcastle link although alternatives provided by 37/352 and in short walking distance with the 42/X9/X10/X11

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 6:35 pm)mb134 The layover at Bedlington Station on that 07:26 trip seems a tad excessive...

Wonder if it might drop into a local school bus somewhere - not sure what mind but it's about the right time to do one.

Not sure it's just about timekeeping though, if I'm looking at it right they all appear to be interworking now so I guess the extra bus will save the time for driver's having to drive to I'd assume the Regent Centre to make changeovers on the 44/45.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 6:57 pm)Storx Wonder if it might drop into a local school bus somewhere - not sure what mind but it's about the right time to do one.

Not sure it's just about timekeeping though, if I'm looking at it right they all appear to be interworking now so I guess the extra bus will save the time for driver's having to drive to I'd assume the Regent Centre to make changeovers on the 44/45.

The 448 is the current schoolbus linked to the 434, but currently it is timed to arrive at Bedlington Station at the exact same time as the 434 is now timed to arrive there. I assume the school may start at 08:30? So there'd be no time for it to drop onto that. It may be timed as such to get kids from Cambois to Bedlington Station for school start, and ensuring the return is fully in ENCTS scope?

It looks like it is to get them interworking, but I don't think they'd ever need to go to Regent Centre for changeovers? Either way, there's now 14 minutes layover at Morpeth which is much needed.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Shrek - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 6:57 pm)Storx Wonder if it might drop into a local school bus somewhere - not sure what mind but it's about the right time to do one.

Trying to work out from the timetable, will the 44 and 45 do return journeys now, rather than doing Newcastle to Dinnington as 44 and returning to Newcastle as 45 and vice versa as they do currently? I'm guessing that will be the case, or long layovers at Dinnington?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 8:01 pm)Shrek Trying to work out from the timetable, will the 44 and 45 do return journeys now, rather than doing Newcastle to Dinnington as 44 and returning to Newcastle as 45 and vice versa as they do currently? I'm guessing that will be the case, or long layovers at Dinnington?

Looks that way as it does for the 43 in Cramlington.

How will Arriva do remote changeovers in Cramlington? Do they have ancillary vehicles like Go North East such as vans?

On another note......although it could potentially be catastrophic with Haddricks Mill, could the 'long layovers' at Dinnington and Cramlington not allow the 43/44/45 to interwork with the X7/X8/X10/X11 to reduce dead mileage?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 08 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 8:01 pm)Shrek Trying to work out from the timetable, will the 44 and 45 do return journeys now, rather than doing Newcastle to Dinnington as 44 and returning to Newcastle as 45 and vice versa as they do currently? I'm guessing that will be the case, or long layovers at Dinnington?

I can't say for certain, but I have a feeling they'll still do the 44/45 swap. Seems like they've got a 15 minute layover now. There's no extra time at the Newcastle end, and 7 minutes added at the Morpeth / Cramlington end which would leave 30 minutes of the extra bus left so would work out.

(08 Aug 2023, 7:09 pm)mb134 The 448 is the current schoolbus linked to the 434, but currently it is timed to arrive at Bedlington Station at the exact same time as the 434 is now timed to arrive there. I assume the school may start at 08:30? So there'd be no time for it to drop onto that. It may be timed as such to get kids from Cambois to Bedlington Station for school start, and ensuring the return is fully in ENCTS scope?
It looks like it is to get them interworking, but I don't think they'd ever need to go to Regent Centre for changeovers? Either way, there's now 14 minutes layover at Morpeth which is much needed.

Just had a check of the school times and you're right so probably the reason why then. Wonder if the timetable might be to connect with the new train at Ashington / Bedlington Station either though, I'm sure they'll all be planned now pretty much and it seems to be the aim of it. Linton -> Ashington Station -> Train to Newcastle or Cambois / Stakeford -> Bedlington Station -> Train to Newcastle.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RobinHood - 09 Aug 2023

(08 Aug 2023, 8:23 pm)L469 YVK Looks that way as it does for the 43 in Cramlington.

How will Arriva do remote changeovers in Cramlington? Do they have ancillary vehicles like Go North East such as vans?

On another note......although it could potentially be catastrophic with Haddricks Mill, could the 'long layovers' at Dinnington and Cramlington not allow the 43/44/45 to interwork with the X7/X8/X10/X11 to reduce dead mileage?

Might happen in future, but currently due to driver knowledge, the 43/4/5 are scheduled separate to Blyth work.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Busu284 - 09 Aug 2023

What services are moving depots between Ashington & Blyth in September

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 11:07 am)RobinHood Might happen in future, but currently due to driver knowledge, the 43/4/5 are scheduled separate to Blyth work.

Assuming it's not possible anyway, because of the electric buses. Unless they want to outright ignore the terms the buses must stay on the route they were bought for.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - solsburian - 09 Aug 2023

(09 Aug 2023, 2:45 pm)Storx Assuming it's not possible anyway, because of the electric buses. Unless they want to outright ignore the terms the buses must stay on the route they were bought for.

I'm willing to bet money the electrics will appear on the X7-X11.