North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:27 am)marxistafozzski Excuse me for being numb here...

What exactly does split registration mean, in the case of the X7 does it basically mean GNE operate two seperate X7's...An X7 from Sunderland to Peterlee and an X7 that operates between P'lee and M'boro...

Does that make sense?

It's so the route doesn't have to have a tachograph fitted, its a loophole 

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:29 am)Michael It's so the route doesn't have to have a tachograph fitted, its a loophole 
I know it is a way round driving laws, so, with the split in the route, does that make it 2 seperate services that happen to have the same number

RE: Arriva bus changes! - beefcake - 30 Oct 2014

If I understand it the way I do (which is probably wrong), I think it's done like that so the service can operate the full length of the route without having to operate under EU regulations with a tachograph. Which is why on the first section of each X7, it displays Peterlee for Middlesbrough or Sunderland.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Kuyoyo - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:27 am)marxistafozzski Excuse me for being numb here...

What exactly does split registration mean, in the case of the X7 does it basically mean GNE operate two seperate X7's...An X7 from Sunderland to Peterlee and an X7 that operates between P'lee and M'boro...

Does that make sense?

The full Middlesbrough to Sunderland route is over the 50km (about 34 miles) restriction that requires vehicles to be fitted with a tachograph (as per the X9/X10, X15/X18 and X93). It also restricts the driver's hour as they would be on the European hours  (maximum single stint is 4 hours 30 minutes, compared to the 5 hours 30 minutes on domestic driving hours). By splitting the service, it avoids the need for a tachograph and also frees the drivers shift pattern up.

Officially here, the Arriva routes done like that (X4/4, X1/X2, 21/X21 and 85/685) are the way it should be done - 2 different legs with different service numbers. However, Stagecoach's split routes across the county are just split using the same route number throughout.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 30 Oct 2014

its the same as Arriva 21/X21, 2 different bus services to avoid being tachographed, but passengers can travel through.

I wonder if GNE could split the X9 at Peterlee bus station and the X10 at Peterlee A19 slip road to avoid needing buses with tachographs.

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:34 am)Kuyoyo The full Middlesbrough to Sunderland route is over the 50km (about 34 miles) restriction that requires vehicles to be fitted with a tachograph (as per the X9/X10, X15/X18 and X93). It also restricts the driver's hour as they would be on the European hours  (maximum single stint is 4 hours 30 minutes, compared to the 5 hours 30 minutes on domestic driving hours). By splitting the service, it avoids the need for a tachograph and also frees the drivers shift pattern up.

Officially here, the Arriva routes done like that (X4/4, X1/X2, 21/X21 and 85/685) are the way it should be done - 2 different legs with different service numbers. However, Stagecoach's split routes across the county are just split using the same route number throughout.

So really it should be 7/X7 IF IT followed the Arriva example...

Ya live and learn Big Grin

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Michael - 31 Oct 2014

I'm looking at the 22 on the Arriva's site and below it's got

A future timetable is available: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 - See more at: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/services/22---durham-to-sunderland/?day=Sunday&startcol=0&direction=outbound&date=150122#sthash.pxUWswTy.dpuf - but i can't see any changes on the timetable....

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Tommy1581 - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 12:06 pm)Michael I'm looking at the 22 on the Arriva's site and below it's got

A future timetable is available: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 - See more at: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/services/22---durham-to-sunderland/?day=Sunday&startcol=0&direction=outbound&date=150122#sthash.pxUWswTy.dpuf - but i can't see any changes on the timetable....

It will probably be the fares that have changed...

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Cock Robin - 31 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:32 am)beefcake If I understand it the way I do (which is probably wrong), I think it's done like that so the service can operate the full length of the route without having to operate under EU regulations with a tachograph. Which is why on the first section of each X7, it displays Peterlee for Middlesbrough or Sunderland.

Stupid EU rules. Why should a driver need more breaks just cos he is driving in one direction rather than backwards and forwards!

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Adrian - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 6:08 pm)Cock Robin Stupid EU rules. Why should a driver need more breaks just cos he is driving in one direction rather than  backwards and forwards!

Would you really argue yourself out of better conditions? Smile

Re: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 01 Nov 2014

Think Durham needs to change there departure boards

[Image: d8b8cf5755ed199573b6acfdb2c8162a.jpg]

[Image: 7fb0c31d5e58a5893ce6377a5a77ccd1.jpg]

Only been a week

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 01 Nov 2014

Think Durham needs to change there departure boards
They were still displaying that the X2 leaves at 48, 18 minutes past instead of 51, 21 minutes past the other week.

Also they always seem to get the Arriva X24 wrong, sometimes it says its running when its not and when it is running it often says it isn't.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Adrian - 01 Nov 2014

(01 Nov 2014, 9:20 pm)Jimmi They were still displaying that the X2 leaves at 48, 18 minutes past instead of 51, 21 minutes past the other week.

Also they always seem to get the Arriva X24 wrong, sometimes it says its running when its not and when it is running it often says it isn't.

Aye, the X24 seems to display on non-school holiday weekdays. 

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 01 Nov 2014

(01 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm)aureolin Aye, the X24 seems to display on non-school holiday weekdays. 
I have seen phantom bus services, when the X88 ran from P.L.I. I saw it a few times on weekdays

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 01 Nov 2014

Aye, the X24 seems to display on non-school holiday weekdays.
It's annoying when it doesn't show up in school holidays, you end up with about 20 kids behind you going "is the X24 running"

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Cock Robin - 03 Nov 2014

Darlington town centre has the new X66 times on the inserts but the old on the screen. Middlesbrough bus station has the old inserts AND the old times on the screen. The inserts are all produced at the same place so its obviously due to Middlesbrough council being inept.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Jimmi - 03 Nov 2014

Darlington town centre has the new X66 times on the inserts but the old on the screen. Middlesbrough bus station has the old inserts AND the old times on the screen. The inserts are all produced at the same place so its obviously due to Middlesbrough council being inept.
I've been stood on the X66 stand in Darlington Town Centre and sometimes the old Scarlet Band 17/18 still show on the screen despite being withdrawn almost two years ago.

RE: Arriva bus changes! - Cock Robin - 04 Nov 2014

Why have we got football videos on here?!

Re: RE: Arriva bus changes! - MrFozz - 04 Nov 2014

(04 Nov 2014, 12:54 pm)Cock Robin Why have we got football videos on here?!
Where???

RE: Arriva bus changes! - cbma06 - 06 Nov 2014

Can anybody notices the mistakes on the DCC mapping system?.

http://durham.pindarcreative.co.uk/Level3/peterlee/images/_0_1.gif