North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 17 Aug 2016

Diversion of the 9/63 next week in Ormesby

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 17 Aug 2016

Diversion of Service 2 in Darlington during weekends in September & October

(The photo in the article may look familiar to someone...)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 17 Aug 2016

(17 Aug 2016, 5:34 pm)peter Diversion of Service 2 in Darlington during weekends in September & October

(The photo in the article may look familiar to someone...)
Hmm... I wonder who this Matthew Jimmison is?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - MrFozz - 17 Aug 2016

(17 Aug 2016, 5:52 pm)Jimmi Hmm... I wonder who this Matthew Jimmison is?
Ya know until I saw this Matthew Jimmison on Facebook, I always thought he was a James rather than a Matthew going by the name Jimmi [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Anyway...Great on getting your photo used mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 17 Aug 2016

(17 Aug 2016, 8:04 pm)MrFozz Ya know until I saw this Matthew Jimmison on Facebook, I always thought he was a James rather than a Matthew going by the name Jimmi [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Anyway...Great on getting your photo used mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Funnily enough, a few people within this hobby thought my actual name was James, think a few were surprised when I unmasked my true identity. Just about everyone still calls me Jimmi though.

It's possible that more of my photos could be getting used, all being well.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 18 Aug 2016

(11 Aug 2016, 7:49 pm)L469 YVK Any news on the 4th September changes?

So far the only thing officially released regarding these changes advertises that service 54 will divert to serve Cobalt Business Park...New Link to Cobalt Business Park!

Some of the other new timetables are now available online however!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 19 Aug 2016

(18 Aug 2016, 7:50 pm)peter So far the only thing officially released regarding these changes advertises that service 54 will divert to serve Cobalt Business Park...New Link to Cobalt Business Park!

Some of the other new timetables are now available online however!

Apparently I spoke too soon! A press release regarding the changes is available here.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 20 Aug 2016

Coastliner 308: Newcastle – Coast Road – Billy Mill – Whitley Bay – Seaton Sluice – Blyth

Most Monday to Friday morning commuter buses from Blyth to Newcastle will run a few minutes earlier to improve punctuality and reduce the impact of delays caused by traffic congestion.

Not being a PITA or anti-Arriva here but how is this? Bar a small number of journeys that have been given 14 minutes between Seaton Sluice and Blyth (?), the times of the route have hardly changed. The afternoon journeys will still run into trouble due to the westbound timings given subsequently leading to a late Newcastle departure whatever layover period given and not enough 'en-route' running time given.

Not saying GNE are saints by all means but to be fair, Cobalt is a nightmare and bar the few odd times when the traffic is nose to nose, GNE do well to keep a decent level of service going and have even thrown in extra resources. Even the X6 still gets hardly any time in comparison to the X39 which gets nearly 40 minutes  to complete the 17:05 journey during the peak time from Cobalt to Newcastle (plus a bit extra into Gateshead).

Arriva need to face up to the fact that barring any Busways registered services, they are dealing with probably the second most profitable / well used service in the North East after GNE's 21 service. Arriva either need to increase the PVR to 10 or do what GNE did and launch a parallel express service dealing with the key pick up points en-route.

The 308 is a good service but it needs extra resources to help reliability.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - NK53 TKT - 20 Aug 2016

I think these service changes look great and probably the best things are the 54 and the 46 now serving all stops along the route. The 52/55 changes are not quite in my favour though!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - peter - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 1:25 pm)L469 YVK Coastliner 308: Newcastle – Coast Road – Billy Mill – Whitley Bay – Seaton Sluice – Blyth

Most Monday to Friday morning commuter buses from Blyth to Newcastle will run a few minutes earlier to improve punctuality and reduce the impact of delays caused by traffic congestion.

Not being a PITA or anti-Arriva here but how is this? Bar a small number of journeys that have been given 14 minutes between Seaton Sluice and Blyth (?), the times of the route have hardly changed. 

When you compare the two timetables all journeys between 06:00 and 07:00 depart Blyth five minutes earlier. After 07:00, the 07:00 runs three minutes earlier, the 07:10 runs 2 minutes later, the 07:20 is withdrawn and then the 07:32 and 07:47 run 5 minutes earlier as well. I would say, to be honest, their description is pretty accurate!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 4:17 pm)peter When you compare the two timetables all journeys between 06:00 and 07:00 depart Blyth five minutes earlier. After 07:00, the 07:00 runs three minutes earlier, the 07:10 runs 2 minutes later, the 07:20 is withdrawn and then the 07:32 and 07:47 run 5 minutes earlier as well. I would say, to be honest, their description is pretty accurate!

But what about the actual running time? That hasn't changed and no matter what time a bus is timed to arrive or depart, if the route timing isn't correct (unless more layover time is needed), then reliability problems will still happen regardless. Doesn't matter if you run it a few minutes earlier or later, if a service isn't being given enough time to complete the journey specified, then the timetable either needs changing to accommodate that or extra resources thrown in for good measure (like the X21 in GNE's case).

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 20 Aug 2016

(19 Aug 2016, 11:08 pm)peter Apparently I spoke too soon! A press release regarding the changes is available here.

Seems like a really positive set of service changes.

Don't particularly agree with the statement that service 308 will always be operated by double-deck vehicles though. How long do you give it before a single-deck appears?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 4:30 pm)Dan Seems like a really positive set of service changes.

Don't particularly agree with the statement that service 308 will always be operated by double-deck vehicles though. How long do you give it before a single-deck appears?

Same day as the changes.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - tyresmoke - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 4:30 pm)Dan Seems like a really positive set of service changes.

I am guessing it means there is a scheduled single deck working at the moment that will revert to a double deck come the changes happening. This could potentially be just swapping runs with Jesmond though, as I think they run the X30 with a DD at the moment?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 20 Aug 2016

And the 51 remains hourly....still

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 5:02 pm)tyresmoke I am guessing it means there is a scheduled single deck working at the moment that will revert to a double deck come the changes happening. This could potentially be just swapping runs with Jesmond though, as I think they run the X30 with a DD at the moment?
Could it possibly be a change of allocation on the Sunday workings on the 308 which currently interwork with the 306 using a mix of Volvo B5LH and StreetLite's.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - S813 FVK - 20 Aug 2016

(20 Aug 2016, 7:04 pm)Jimmi Could it possibly be a change of allocation on the Sunday workings on the 308 which currently interwork with the 306 using a mix of Volvo B5LH and StreetLite's.

The statement is attached to the Monday to Friday changes so I don't think the Sunday interworking will be withdrawn.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 21 Aug 2016

More withdrawn journeys on the 35A....think they might as well do away with the full daytime 35A as when I used it between Woodhorn Village and Newbiggin I was the only passenger.

I'm told that the 35A is a loss making service, I can see why. Improving the core 35 service, and resolving high passenger loadings and constant late running should be the focus. Not maintaining a link to Woodhorn, for a couple of customers a day.

494 stop changes in Ashington town centre are a bit silly. 494 already stops at Woodhorn Road (Sports Direct/Nisa) in both directions, and has never served any stops within the bus station ever!

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 22 Aug 2016

New 6 timetable from September 4th 2016: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durham/pdf/Forthcoming/04-09/ANE_6.pdf

Includes new peak time journeys to/from Barnard Castle and school day only journeys between Durham and Bishop Auckland Technical College.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 22 Aug 2016

(21 Aug 2016, 11:30 am)GX03 SVC More withdrawn journeys on the 35A....think they might as well do away with the full daytime 35A as when I used it between Woodhorn Village and Newbiggin I was the only passenger.

I'm told that the 35A is a loss making service, I can see why. Improving the core 35 service, and resolving high passenger loadings and constant late running should be the focus. Not maintaining a link to Woodhorn, for a couple of customers a day.

494 stop changes in Ashington town centre are a bit silly.  494 already stops at Woodhorn Road (Sports Direct/Nisa) in both directions, and has never served any stops within the bus station ever!

If the 35A is a loss making service, the regular 35 can't be far behind. I saw 7446 leave Morpeth today with about 5 people on it, a Solo could operate that run with plenty of space! 

They need to sort out punctuality as soon as possible, having said that I can't remember the 35 ever being a super reliable service. 

I also don't understand the fascination with using double deckers on it, Scania single deckers was the allocation for years and there was never an issue capacity wise when I used it.