North East Buses
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1031)

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 30 Nov 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 8:21 pm)L469 YVK http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/NorthumberlandCountyCouncil/media/Roads-streets-and-transport/Bus-Changes-161125.pdf

Looking at the changes to the 35, will this mean the X21 being switched to depart Newcastle at xx:15 and X22 switched to depart Newcastle at xx:45 during the evenings and on Sundays?

Will be far more convenient for passengers as the areas that the X21 serve have traditionally been the strong point over the years including former guises such as the X31/X32. Would also be a good move for users of the 35 coming home from Morpeth.

Nothing confirmed yet but very likely judging by the information on the 35.

52 looks to be extended to Newbiggin at peak times to replace the 494.

And X14 to be extended to Lancaster Park or just interwork with the 33? Not sure.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 30 Nov 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 8:21 pm)L469 YVK http://www.northumberland.gov.uk/NorthumberlandCountyCouncil/media/Roads-streets-and-transport/Bus-Changes-161125.pdf

Looking at the changes to the 35, will this mean the X21 being switched to depart Newcastle at xx:15 and X22 switched to depart Newcastle at xx:45 during the evenings and on Sundays?

Will be far more convenient for passengers as the areas that the X21 serve have traditionally been the strong point over the years including former guises such as the X31/X32. Would also be a good move for users of the 35 coming home from Morpeth.

Nothing confirmed yet but very likely judging by the information on the 35.

So a PVR reduction for the 35, or will they be increasing layover to help with the awful punctuality that it seems to usually face for no apparent reason?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Tom - 30 Nov 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 8:46 pm)mb134 So a PVR reduction for the 35, or will they be increasing layover to help with the awful punctuality that it seems to usually face for no apparent reason?

Going to every 20 minutes and serving Woodhorn and Newbiggin together so the 35A is being withdrawn. Hopefully the layover will be increased as the few times I've used it, it was quite late and once two came together so not great.

(30 Nov 2016, 8:47 pm)Tom Going to every 20 minutes and serving Woodhorn and Newbiggin together so the 35A is being withdrawn. Hopefully the layover will be increased as the few times I've used it, it was quite late and once two came together so not great.

Just seen that, so I'm guessing the PVR will remain the same. Never sure how they become so late, it's not as if they go into anywhere that will me massively tailed back traffic wise, especially during the day.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 30 Nov 2016

These are a very bad idea. Whoever thought these ridiculous changes up should use the services at their peak. 

- 35/35A. Passengers levels on these services fluctuate. Buses are generally full and passengers refused boarding at various times throughout the day, the other times it's dead. This is with a 15 minute frequency. If they're cutting the frequency, at least have the decency to have a fully double deck allocation. The service is also heavily used by wheelchair and pushchair users, my main concern is that older double deck vehicles at Ashington have 1 space for both types of users. There is generally little or no luggage space to place folded pushchairs.  

- 494. I've used this service to help route learn drivers, heavy loadings from both DSS sites in Longbenton, standing loads in a StreetLite. I assume that the 52 won't call into the DSS sites? If not, very bad decision and what's the point of extending the 52 in the first place when they've basically abandoned their main customers. 

- X20/X21/X22. No doubt more misery to come, I believe that the evening and Sunday timings are being swapped (ie from Ash xx:16 becomes X21, xx:46 becomes X22), which might see day times revised too. I see that the X20 is having a route change, Arriva seen that they actually picked passengers up on Hawthorn Road in Ashington and reverting back to it? Or some pointless route change in Alnwick? 

Not really welcoming changes, the 35 really needed some extra buses to help with having a longer layover each end of the route and a frequency upgrade, the 35 has seen a growth in passenger numbers since the 28th October 2013. Do we really deserve a reduced service with a pointless extension to Woodhorn to keep that miserable moaning git happy?!

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 30 Nov 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 8:50 pm)mb134 Just seen that, so I'm guessing the PVR will remain the same. Never sure how they become so late, it's not as if they go into anywhere that will me massively tailed back traffic wise, especially during the day.

The timetable is quite tight, I did a run on an E400 at about 7pm to see if Morpeth to Ashington is actually possible in 17 minutes....4 stops. 3 minutes late. 

Every traffic light was green, roads were quiet, it was a 14 reg E400 with decent acceleration, reached top speed between Pegswood and Ashington, a handful of passengers, yet still running late?! 

Traffic levels during the day and StreetLites 50mph limit cause the delays. Other buses running the service get delayed because the StreetLite in front (behind) is running late, so the bus behind (in front) gets all the passengers.

(30 Nov 2016, 10:02 pm)omnicity4659 The timetable is quite tight, I did a run on an E400 at about 7pm to see if Morpeth to Ashington is actually possible in 17 minutes....4 stops. 3 minutes late. 

Every traffic light was green, roads were quiet, it was a 14 reg E400 with decent acceleration, reached top speed between Pegswood and Ashington, a handful of passengers, yet still running late?! 

Traffic levels during the day and StreetLites 50mph limit cause the delays. Other buses running the service get delayed because the StreetLite in front (behind) is running late, so the bus behind (in front) gets all the passengers.
I have noticed that the timetable, especially with Streetlites is quite demanding, so a few minutes is understandable. It's when I see one 11 minutes late at 11 in the morning that makes me question what's going on. 

I never seem to recall B10BLEs having this much trouble running the service to time, or the Scania single deckers before them. Again, two or three minutes here or there, but the real issue does seem to stem from the allocation of Streetlites. 

If it was possible, I'd try and get the X21 running independently from the 35 on evenings, Sundays, and Bank Holidays. There is nowhere near the amount of time needed in that 35 timetable to get a late running X21 back on time, especially when you consider decreased layover.

(30 Nov 2016, 9:49 pm)omnicity4659 These are a very bad idea. Whoever thought these ridiculous changes up should use the services at their peak. 

- 35/35A. Passengers levels on these services fluctuate. Buses are generally full and passengers refused boarding at various times throughout the day, the other times it's dead. This is with a 15 minute frequency. If they're cutting the frequency, at least have the decency to have a fully double deck allocation. The service is also heavily used by wheelchair and pushchair users, my main concern is that older double deck vehicles at Ashington have 1 space for both types of users. There is generally little or no luggage space to place folded pushchairs.  

- 494. I've used this service to help route learn drivers, heavy loadings from both DSS sites in Longbenton, standing loads in a StreetLite. I assume that the 52 won't call into the DSS sites? If not, very bad decision and what's the point of extending the 52 in the first place when they've basically abandoned their main customers. 

- X20/X21/X22. No doubt more misery to come, I believe that the evening and Sunday timings are being swapped (ie from Ash xx:16 becomes X21, xx:46 becomes X22), which might see day times revised too. I see that the X20 is having a route change, Arriva seen that they actually picked passengers up on Hawthorn Road in Ashington and reverting back to it? Or some pointless route change in Alnwick? 

Not really welcoming changes, the 35 really needed some extra buses to help with having a longer layover each end of the route and a frequency upgrade, the 35 has seen a growth in passenger numbers since the 28th October 2013. Do we really deserve a reduced service with a pointless extension to Woodhorn to keep that miserable moaning git happy?!

Definitely agree with your points on the 35, unless they have a plan nobody on here knows about to get rid of the Streetlites, and get in more double deck vehicles? Not too sure where they'd come from like. 

Regarding the X21/22 timings, they had it running like clockwork prior to those September 2012 changes (when they decided running the X22 in a loop around Bedlington, at the time serving zero stops for half of it). I used the X21 daily at the time, as I had since September 2011, and the change in punctuality was unbelievable. Made worse by the withdrawal of Olympians around the same time, it must be said.

I'd welcome the 52 changes if they were an all day thing, as it would help connect SE Northumberland even more, and provide more links, while competing with the seemingly increasingly unreliable 19. However they just seem like a bit of an after thought.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 30 Nov 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 10:35 pm)mb134 Definitely agree with your points on the 35, unless they have a plan nobody on here knows about to get rid of the Streetlites, and get in more double deck vehicles? Not too sure where they'd come from like. 

Regarding the X21/22 timings, they had it running like clockwork prior to those September 2012 changes (when they decided running the X22 in a loop around Bedlington, at the time serving zero stops for half of it). I used the X21 daily at the time, as I had since September 2011, and the change in punctuality was unbelievable. Made worse by the withdrawal of Olympians around the same time, it must be said.

I'd welcome the 52 changes if they were an all day thing, as it would help connect SE Northumberland even more, and provide more links, while competing with the seemingly increasingly unreliable 19. However they just seem like a bit of an after thought.

The whole reason why the routes got swapped south of Bedlington was that whilst the X21 (X31/X32) was a strong performer, the X22 was only scraping by at break even so they jigged the times to try and boost profits on the X22 (X33) as well as gaining the majority of traffic from the Front Street and Hartlands.

Although it's a bit of a s**ter, operators have to try and condense routes as much as possible. GNE did the same with the TEN and 11 by removing an 'odd-ball' that was only getting traffic during peak times (and running late all the time with older vehicles!) and focusing on the core route, with peak time express variants of course.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - omnicity4659 - 01 Dec 2016

The only reason why the X22 is still running is because the section between Stakeford Half Moon and Guide Post Square is funded by Northumberland County Council. I won't be surprised if the X22 goes and the X21 reverts back to the Hartlands route in the future.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 01 Dec 2016

(01 Dec 2016, 11:31 am)omnicity4659 The only reason why the X22 is still running is because the section between Stakeford Half Moon and Guide Post Square is funded by Northumberland County Council. I won't be surprised if the X22 goes and the X21 reverts back to the Hartlands route in the future.

If the X22 goes, and the X21 goes back to it's old route, then you'd be leaving: Guide Post, Choppington, Fallowfield, Nedderton and half of Bedlington, without a direct bus service to Newcastle. A service that they have always had. 

Not too sure, especially considering the changes to the routes south of Bedlington, how the X22 is only running because of NCC funding. As mentioned by 'L496 YVK', the X22 gets majority of passengers from Bedlington Front Street, as well as the Hartlands. 

Arriva surely wouldn't have made those routes Sapphire if only one was doing well?

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - South Tyne Lad - 01 Dec 2016

(30 Nov 2016, 10:35 pm)mb134 Definitely agree with your points on the 35, unless they have a plan nobody on here knows about to get rid of the Streetlites, and get in more double deck vehicles? Not too sure where they'd come from like. 

Ive always wondered they purchased them 3 Streetlites in the first place, But then again if they were to be moved id say the best place for them is Jesmond, Due to them having a lot of them already in the same spec, But Jesmond don't seem to be displacing any deckers soon.

Or they could be swapped with Belmont's outgoing 57 reg Lowlanders, As the remaining ones seem to trundling on the likes of the 43 or 56 ( the latter certainly doesn't need that much capcity )
That could give Ashington a full double deck allocation for the 35 for the short term until longer term deckers can be found.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - mb134 - 01 Dec 2016

(01 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm)South Tyne Lad Ive always wondered they purchased them 3 Streetlites in the first place, But then again if they were to be moved id say the best place for them is Jesmond, Due to them having a lot of them already in the same spec, But Jesmond don't seem to be displacing any deckers soon.

Or they could be swapped with Belmont's outgoing 57 reg Lowlanders, As the remaining ones seem to trundling on the likes of the 43 or 56 ( the latter certainly doesn't need that much capcity )
That could give Ashington a full double deck allocation for the 35 for the short term until longer term deckers can be found.

Yep, 3 always did seem like a strange amount. But then, historically, the 35 has never had a full 'new' allocation. It received 2 new Centro's in 2007/8, then 4 Pulsars in 2011. All of those vehicles moved to other depots quickly afterwards, and the 35 continued with B10BLEs and aging ex-London double deckers. 

I think, with the 35, you either keep the frequency at every 15 minutes, using a mixed allocation, or move it to every 20 with double deckers.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Jimmi - 01 Dec 2016

(01 Dec 2016, 1:30 pm)South Tyne Lad Ive always wondered they purchased them 3 Streetlites in the first place, But then again if they were to be moved id say the best place for them is Jesmond, Due to them having a lot of them already in the same spec, But Jesmond don't seem to be displacing any deckers soon.

There was either rumours or suggestions to send 1574-1578 from Belmont and 1579-1581 from Ashington to Stockton depot as Cadet replacements, mind there is then the question as to what you'd put on the 23 and 35 in its place?

In regards to the 57 reg Lowlanders at Belmont, I believe that the 43 interworks with scholars services in Durham so some of the 43 boards need to be double deckers. The 56 (and 57/57A/86) doesn't tend to be allocated double deckers anymore since the 57A runs that started/terminated at Durham Johnston School were withdrawn. 64 has at least one double decker allocated to it during the week due to there being a run or two on one board that needs a double decker due to high loadings.

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 01 Dec 2016

(01 Dec 2016, 1:57 pm)Jimmi There was either rumours or suggestions to send 1574-1578 from Belmont and 1579-1581 from Ashington to Stockton depot as Cadet replacements, mind there is then the question as to what you'd put on the 23 and 35 in its place?

In regards to the 57 reg Lowlanders at Belmont, I believe that the 43 interworks with scholars services in Durham so some of the 43 boards need to be double deckers. The 56 (and 57/57A/86) doesn't tend to be allocated double deckers anymore since the 57A runs that started/terminated at Durham Johnston School were withdrawn. 64 has at least one double decker allocated to it during the week due to there being a run or two on one board that needs a double decker due to high loadings.

Stick max pulsars on the 23

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 01 Dec 2016

Didnt the 52 formerly run to ashington,look how that turned out,its always late as it is and a peak run that far to replace another route is just ridiculous,which will in turn have a knock on effect with other buses it interworks with(if any),which means even if traffic is bad drivers are yet again gonna get it in the neck

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 01 Dec 2016

PB0002032 Standard National
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/276
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Operating between Newbiggin and Longbenton DSS given service number 494 / 494 effective from 22 January 2017.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2243), Bus Registration Cancellation
Date: 02 Dec 2016

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/336
ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Operating between Newcastle and Morpeth given service number 44 / 44 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2243), Bus Registration Variation

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/333
Operating between Thropton and Morpeth given service number X14 / X14 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/168
Operating between Morpeth and Newbiggin given service number 35 / 35 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/345
Operating between Blyth and Widdrington Estate given service number 1 / 1 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/510
Operating between Newcastle and Morpeth Kirkhill given service number X16 / X16 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/338
Operating between Newcastle and Cobalt Business Park given service number X6 / X6 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/159
Operating between Newcastle and Newbiggin given service number X21 / X21 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/309
Operating between Newcastle and Ashington given service number X20 / X20 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/405
Operating between Morpeth and Lancaster Park given service number 33 / 33 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/194
Operating between Newcastle and Ashington given service number X22 / X22 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/531
Operating between Regent Centre and Tyneview Park given service number 552 / 552 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/459
Operating between Newbiggin and Newcastle given service number 52 / 52 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/346
Operating between Blyth and Morpeth given service number 2 / 2 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD
PB0002032/424
Operating between Ashington and Alnwick given service number X20 / X20 effective from 22 January 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - L469 YVK - 07 Dec 2016

Looking at the Arriva journey planner, practically confirmed that the X21 / X22 are switching times during the evenings and on Sundays with an earlier X22 getting into Newcastle for 08:40 on Sunday Mornings. Also, last bus to Newbiggin from Newcastle now at 22:15 instead of 22:45 (not bad for 10pm finishers at likes of Sky etc or footy fans). Later X21 now at 23:15 but only to Ashington.

Surprised that they have not followed on from the Friday / Saturday night boozer on the X10 and introduced a late journey back to Bedlington / Ashington unless they're waiting to give the X10 more time to see whether or not it will work.

Wonder if the change in the evening times confirm that the X21 is the more profitable / popular of the 2x routes in comparison to the X22.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 16 Dec 2016

PB0002032/481ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XPOperating between St Thomas More RC School and Bensham given service number 840 / 840 effective from 22 December 2016. To amend Timetable.

PB0002032/479ARRIVA NORTHUMBRIA LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XPOperating between St Thomas More RC School and Low Fell given service number 843 / 843 effective from 22 December 2016. To amend Timetable.

RE: Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes - markydh - 29 Dec 2016

PB0002717 Standard National
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/423
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Operating between Middlesbrough and New Marske given service number 62 / 62 / 62A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2247), Bus Registration Variation
Date: 30 Dec 2016

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/407
ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD, 1 ADMIRAL WAY, DOXFORD INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS PARK, SUNDERLAND, SR3 3XP
Operating between Stockton/Middlesbrough and Teesside Park given service number S1 / S2 / S1 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/385
Operating between Swans Corner and Brambles Farm given service number 805 / 805 effective from 19 February 2017.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2247), Bus Registration Cancellation

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/317
Operating between Stockton and Yarm Willey Flatts given service number 7 / 7 / 7A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/320
Operating between Middlesbrough and Netherfields given service number 27 / 27 / 27A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/315
Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale/Stokesley given service number 28 / 28 / 28A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/354
Operating between Middlesbrough and Lingdale/Skelton ASDA given service number X3 / X3 / X3A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/308
Operating between Loftus and Whitby given service number X4 / X4 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/383
Operating between Durham and Hartlepool given service number 24 / 24 effective from 12 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2247), Short Notice Bus Registration Variation

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/296
Operating between Middlesbrough and Easington given service number 5 / 5 / 5A / 805 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/309
Operating between Middlesbrough and Easington given service number X4 / X4 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/335
Operating between Middlesbrough and Peterlee given service number X22 / X22 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/307
Operating between Middlesbrough and Redcar given service number 63 / 63 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/424
Operating between Middlesbrough and Teesside Park given service number S2 / S2 effective from 19 February 2017.
Publication: N&P North East of England(2247), Bus Registration Cancellation

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/314
Operating between Middlesbrough and Overfields given service number 9 / 9 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/433
From: Horden To: Durham Framwellgate Moor Via: Name or No.: X24 / X24 Service type: Limited Stop Effective date: 12 February 2017 Other details: Mondays to Saturdays, up to five journeys per day each way
Publication: N&P North East of England(2247), New Short Notice Bus Registration Application

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/321
Operating between Middlesbrough and Kingsmead/Stockton given service number 17 / 17 / 17A / X17 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/303
Operating between Middlesbrough and Ings Farm given service number 64 / 64 / 64A effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Timetable.

ARRIVA DURHAM COUNTY LTD
PB0002717/316
Operating between Middlesbrough and Nunthorpe given service number 29 / 29A / 29 effective from 19 February 2017. To amend Route and Timetable.