North East Buses
What's annoying you today? V3 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: What's annoying you today? V3 (/showthread.php?tid=1418)

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 31 Jul 2015

Don't worry Jimmi, I feel that way about the hobby a lot of the time these days.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 1:55 pm)GMitchelhill Don't worry Jimmi, I feel that way about the hobby a lot of the time these days.
For me it's partly how I seem to go to ridiculous lengths in this hobby at times for no reason whatsoever. Honestly why the hell am I going walking round an industrial estate nowhere near me to get a photo of something that will be in passenger service soon, I honestly don't know why I do this to myself and I end up doing it and just think, why?

Another problem I have right now is the Millburngate Bridge roadworks are horrendous so I am going to be home later than I thought and I can't stand being late for anything and I can't help but stress out about it when it really doesn't matter.

These are the sort of things going round in my head all the time and it can totally kill me at times so little wonder why I get so wound up.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Rapidsnap - 31 Jul 2015

Lost count of how many times I've ended up going somewhere and ended up wasting your time. One example was going on holiday to Berkshire in hope of getting on Newbury Buses MAN LionCity Decker. Turns out they withdrew it weeks beforehand, still got photos of it when I had a guided tour of the Reading Buses depot.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 31 Jul 2015

As if the afternoon couldn't get any worse, we have just come very close to being in an accident by some brain dead moron trying to overtake the 7 when a car was coming the other way.

The stress and the heating on the 7 has now leaving me feeling lightheaded and dizzy and I have the fear when I stand up I am going to fall to the ground which unfortunately happens to me sometimes.

Boy it's fun being me.

What's annoying you today? V3 - Jimmi - 31 Jul 2015

And this is what happened when I opened my bottle of Pepsi.
[Image: 2803ca5d3925c06391883d0ffbb21d11.jpg]

So now I have sticky hands and my jeans need to go in the wash and I am short on jeans at the moment and I am going out today. Oh and there's the fact that I looked like I've ****ed myself.

God this really isn't my day, I wish a black hole could swallow me up right now!

Thanks Poundland Eldon Square for not having carrier bags that you don't have to pay for.

And the Tapatalk app isn't posting my replies.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - BusLoverMum - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm)Jimmi As if the afternoon couldn't get any worse, we have just come very close to being in an accident by some brain dead moron trying to overtake the 7 when a car was coming the other way.

The stress and the heating on the 7 has now leaving me feeling lightheaded and dizzy and I have the fear when I stand up I am going to fall to the ground which unfortunately happens to me sometimes.

Boy it's fun being me.

You could probably do with carrying around a rescue package. I always have a cereal bar and a bottle of water in my bag. Travelling around with an 11 year old can be handy, too, as he thinks nothing of opening a window, even when it ruins everyone's hair Angel

Picking up on your comment about the Milburngate roadworks, I'm just having to roll with it, as far as they're concerned. None of the buses that pass my house avoid them at any point on my route. The Arriva App is handy for keeping anxiety levels down, while waiting, but falls apart when you're waiting at the start of the route, or even in the middle of the route when the delays are big ones. There's been a couple of times I've been tracking a bus that it's claimed has passed me. Once it arrived 10 minutes after it was supposed to have come past and the other time it never materialised - probably missed the village out entirely to make up time.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 1:38 pm)Jimmi It seems more pointless when I went to Saltmeadow's this morning as well. Not like both are on my doorstep either.

Just seem to be constantly switching from fairly happy to miserable lately and I really don't know why. Really need to sort myself out but not really sure what is up with me lately and how to sort myself out.

Again sorry for boring everyone with my problems, if you hate reading these posts try being me, it's not easy!
Tell ya what mate...

Why don't you start doing a bit more trainspotting, something different for a while, it would be a shame if you become disillusioned with buses and pack it in

(31 Jul 2015, 4:35 pm)MrFozz Tell ya what mate...

Why don't you start doing a bit more trainspotting, something different for a while, it would be a shame if you become disillusioned with buses and pack it in

Problem with trainspotting for me is realistically I'd have to go to Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough or Newcastle to do trainspotting so unlike buses it's not like I can do it on my doorstep like buses where in the last few weeks I have snapped a few odd workings on home turf which thankfully I usually get odd workings for my way via the Arriva Odd Workings thread. In Newton Aycliffe all we have is a Northern Rail service every 2 hours using Class 142's.

I could do with finding a new hobby to do as well as the bus hobby but haven't found anything that would appeal to me. If anyone has some random suggestions please give me your suggestions.

I keep meaning to scale the bus hobby back but I have a fair bit spare time on my hands and I can't sit in the house as I just get bored and just want to eat everything in the house. Also everytime I try not to participate in bus photography something intresting comes up, new buses, rare workings etc. and I can't just avoid it I will often end up finding myself out getting photos.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - Adrian - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 2:09 pm)Jimmi Another problem I have right now is the Millburngate Bridge roadworks are horrendous so I am going to be home later than I thought and I can't stand being late for anything and I can't help but stress out about it when it really doesn't matter.

Horrendous? What today?

I pass over the bridge 4 times a day (twice by bus and twice by foot), and I don't think it's been bad at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's quieter than it is when all 4 lanes are open. tyresmoke had commented in another thread, that the Stockton drivers had been saying similar. I'm getting between the bus station and the New Inn in half the time it usually takes. Even at peak times.

(31 Jul 2015, 2:55 pm)BusLoverMum You could probably do with carrying around a rescue package. I always have a cereal bar and a bottle of water in my bag. Travelling around with an 11 year old can be handy, too, as he thinks nothing of opening a window, even when it ruins everyone's hair Angel

I have to say, opening a window is usually the first thing I do when I board. I tend to find a lot of the older ANE buses really warm and clammy inside though.

Couldn't agree more about the 'rescue package'! I usually carry similar around for longer trips, unless I'm going somewhere like London, where there's a Sainsburys local or Tesco Express every 100 yards. Tongue

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - R852 PRG - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm)Jimmi Problem with trainspotting for me is realistically I'd have to go to Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough or Newcastle to do trainspotting so unlike buses it's not like I can do it on my doorstep like buses where in the last few weeks I have snapped a few odd workings on home turf which thankfully I usually get odd workings for my way via the Arriva Odd Workings thread. In Newton Aycliffe all we have is a Northern Rail service every 2 hours using Class 142's.

I could do with finding a new hobby to do as well as the bus hobby but haven't found anything that would appeal to me. If anyone has some random suggestions please give me your suggestions.

I keep meaning to scale the bus hobby back but I have a fair bit spare time on my hands and I can't sit in the house as I just get bored and just want to eat everything in the house. Also everytime I try not to participate in bus photography something intresting comes up, new buses, rare workings etc. and I can't just avoid it I will often end up finding myself out getting photos.

I went through a bit of a phase a few months ago, when I had it engraved in my mind that I was weird for liking buses. Nobody was saying stuff to me, or anything like that, it's just inside I felt like it was a bit weird. Then, after the MetroCentre rally, when I started going out and about with people, I realised it's nothing to feel ashamed of and I've never enjoyed the hobby as much as I do now. I do have a few other things that I enjoy doing in my spare time, one of which is trains. Although I don't really ride them that much, I like to keep up with everything going on. I wouldn't dream of being one of the Central anoraks, but if needs be, I'll do some spotting there. You'll find something, and don't be ashamed about it, if it interests you, and it's legal, you can do it. Smile

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - MrFozz - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 5:10 pm)Jimmi Problem with trainspotting for me is realistically I'd have to go to Darlington, Durham, Middlesbrough or Newcastle to do trainspotting so unlike buses it's not like I can do it on my doorstep like buses where in the last few weeks I have snapped a few odd workings on home turf which thankfully I usually get odd workings for my way via the Arriva Odd Workings thread. In Newton Aycliffe all we have is a Northern Rail service every 2 hours using Class 142's.

Not sure what you could do in place of your bus hobby...

I hope you don't lose interest all together, I like your pictures and your a nice enough person to hang around with...

Keep up the bus enthusiasm as ya don't wanna cost your olds more money by eating them out of house and home lmao

(31 Jul 2015, 5:20 pm)aureolin Horrendous? What today?

I pass over the bridge 4 times a day (twice by bus and twice by foot), and I don't think it's been bad at all. In fact, I'd go as far as saying it's quieter than it is when all 4 lanes are open. tyresmoke had commented in another thread, that the Stockton drivers had been saying similar. I'm getting between the bus station and the New Inn in half the time it usually takes. Even at peak times.

I have to say, opening a window is usually the first thing I do when I board. I tend to find a lot of the older ANE buses really warm and clammy inside though.

Couldn't agree more about the 'rescue package'! I usually carry similar around for longer trips, unless I'm going somewhere like London, where there's a Sainsburys local or Tesco Express every 100 yards.

It was just coming through Gilesgate that was bad (so pretty normal then) but after that it was fine.

I normally get a drink after so long to keep me hydrated usually cans or bottles of pop although I don't usually have much in the way of food often just have a pasty for lunch and not much else sometimes I get something like a packet of Haribo. Any suggestions on anything I should do like this? I am usually fine when I am out and about though but occasionally happens.

(31 Jul 2015, 5:28 pm)Jimmi It was just coming through Gilesgate that was bad (so pretty normal then) but after that it was fine.

I normally get a drink after so long to keep me hydrated usually cans or bottles of pop although I don't usually have much in the way of food often just have a pasty for lunch and not much else sometimes I get something like a packet of Haribo. Any suggestions on anything I should do like this? I am usually fine when I am out and about though but occasionally happens.

What an understatement!  Tongue

(31 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm)R852 PRG I went through a bit of a phase a few months ago, when I had it engraved in my mind that I was weird for liking buses. Nobody was saying stuff to me, or anything like that, it's just inside I felt like it was a bit weird. Then, after the MetroCentre rally, when I started going out and about with people, I realised it's nothing to feel ashamed of and I've never enjoyed the hobby as much as I do now. I do have a few other things that I enjoy doing in my spare time, one of which is trains. Although I don't really ride them that much, I like to keep up with everything going on. I wouldn't dream of being one of the Central anoraks, but if needs be, I'll do some spotting there. You'll find something, and don't be ashamed about it, if it interests you, and it's legal, you can do it. Smile

Usually end up feeling like this when things go wrong, if things go well on outings I have no problems. Not really done any outings with any enthusiasts recently other than Fozz last week and a few times when I have ended up in the same places as other enthusiasts and we have got the same bus, such as when I sampled the StreetDeck on the X21 from Bishop Auckland and Dan, aureolin were on this journey. Wouldn't mind having an outing with some of the members on here as I think it would be more fun, feel free to PM me if anyone is interested. I don't really get ashamed of my hobby much of the time but can do occasionally.

(31 Jul 2015, 5:26 pm)MrFozz Not sure what you could do in place of your bus hobby...

I hope you don't lose interest all together, I like your pictures and your a nice enough person to hang around with...

Keep up the bus enthusiasm as ya don't wanna cost your olds more money by eating them out of house and home lmao

Thanks, I don't think I will lose intrest in the hobby but can totally resent it somedays.

(31 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm)R852 PRG What an understatement! 
I meant in regards to feeling dizzy, lightheaded etc.

Yeah things often go wrong when I am out and about.

RE: What's annoying you today? V3 - omnicity4659 - 31 Jul 2015

(31 Jul 2015, 5:24 pm)R852 PRG Central anoraks, but if needs be, I'll do some spotting there.

Go elsewhere, some of the people who I've met there are reet knobs. I only go (past tense: went) there as I only had 3 hours to travel from Ashington to [enter place here], so I'd usually meet someone at Central station just to do something in the 1 hour that I would be there, best without nosey nebby respite workers who then go on to say that they had no idea what I was on about  Dodgy

Morpeth (Arriva 2/44/X14/15/18) is an interesting station. You can stand on the station to get trains coming around the curve, or you can head to Morpeth North crossing or the footbridge (further along from the signal box) to take photos of trains coming from that curve or you can get a crossing shot (see avatar). Sean posted some handy tips a couple weeks back, which I'll certainly find handy! 

There are more places than you think to take photos of trains, you just need to find them!  Smile

(31 Jul 2015, 5:49 pm)GX03 SVC Go elsewhere, some of the people who I've met there are reet knobs. I only go (past tense: went) there as I only had 3 hours to travel from Ashington to [enter place here], so I'd usually meet someone at Central station just to do something in the 1 hour that I would be there, best without nosey nebby respite workers who then go on to say that they had no idea what I was on about  Dodgy

Morpeth (Arriva 2/44/X14/15/18) is an interesting station. You can stand on the station to get trains coming around the curve, or you can head to Morpeth North crossing or the footbridge (further along from the signal box) to take photos of trains coming from that curve or you can get a crossing shot (see avatar). Sean posted some handy tips a couple weeks back, which I'll certainly find handy! 

There are more places than you think to take photos of trains, you just need to find them!  Smile

There's a fair few places but it's finding some near me, I said Darlington but could probably only really do there if I was to get the train there which would be an additional expense, although there is the whole signing in thing at the likes of Central Station.

There is some bridges in Darlington that I could maybe use but may not be the best for getting photos from. Finding any other spots may be tricky, may try Thornaby Station.

(31 Jul 2015, 5:59 pm)Jimmi There's a fair few places but it's finding some near me, I said Darlington but could probably only really do there if I was to get the train there which would be an additional expense, although there is the whole signing in thing at the likes of Central Station.

There is some bridges in Darlington that I could maybe use but may not be the best for getting photos from. Finding any other spots may be tricky, may try Thornaby Station.

go to the management centre, past the metro towards the car park (past the pub and Costa). Ring the buzzer at the door, the person at the desk will ask you what you want to do, "take photos of the trains", and then they'll ask for your name (this is just for an evacuation, so they can check all the visitors are present). They'll issue you with a ticket which you show to the person at the gates, once you've finished you return the ticket to the office. Smile

(31 Jul 2015, 6:18 pm)GX03 SVC go to the management centre, past the metro towards the car park (past the pub and Costa). Ring the buzzer at the door, the person at the desk will ask you what you want to do, "take photos of the trains", and then they'll ask for your name (this is just for an evacuation, so they can check all the visitors are present). They'll issue you with a ticket which you show to the person at the gates, once you've finished you return the ticket to the office. Smile

The last time I was there for photos (for Tornado) was when I was on a Get Around (so no rail tickets/Explorer to get me through with the assumption I was going to travel), I was with Adrian and Adam. We didn't go through any of that procedure, we asked at a little information kiosk, and got redirected over to the ticket barriers where we asked for permission to go through. No questions were asked.

(31 Jul 2015, 6:31 pm)R852 PRG The last time I was there for photos (for Tornado) was when I was on a Get Around (so no rail tickets/Explorer to get me through with the assumption I was going to travel), I was with Adrian and Adam. We didn't go through any of that procedure, we asked at a little information kiosk, and got redirected over to the ticket barriers where we asked for permission to go through. No questions were asked.

That may have been for that day only, as the SMC would have been heaving!