North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 28 Oct 2016

(28 Oct 2016, 9:35 pm)Ds1197 I'm guessing solars becasue they are probably perfect size for the 9 but I do hope the 9 gets route branding now or soon

Don't think it'll get branding now, PVR is dropping from 7 to 4.

But i think the 2 Solars from Washington will move to Deptford so the 9 can have a full Solar allocation.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 29 Oct 2016

Will the 9 run like this when the changes happen?

Sunderland-Jarrow 
Jarrow-Sunderland 
Sunderland-North Shields 
North Shields-Jarrow
Jarrow-North Shields 
North Shields-Sunderland 

Then back to the start again.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 29 Oct 2016

(28 Oct 2016, 9:47 pm)Michael Don't think it'll get branding now, PVR is dropping from 7 to 4.

But i think the 2 Solars from Washington will move to Deptford so the 9 can have a full Solar allocation.

The PVR is defiantly going to be more than 4, I worked it out the other week and I'm sure it was 6

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 29 Oct 2016

(29 Oct 2016, 8:12 am)Dans_bus_photos The PVR is defiantly going to be more than 4, I worked it out the other week and I'm sure it was 6

It was just a guess, you're probables right.

Hopefully not a mixed allocation...as i wonder where rest of the Scania's will come from?, the 2 from Washington seem like the only ones which which will come in as spares atm, if the 9 PVR is 6.

Deptford Solar allocations 

Service X35 - 7 PVR
X36 - 2 PVR
39 - 7 PVR

Currently leaves 6 spare - which will be took if the 9 is Solar allocated with a 6 PVR

Only other option is to:

2 from Washington as spares
2 from Riverside

The Solars seem to be allocated to the 36 a lot lately

(29 Oct 2016, 12:52 am)Ds1197 Will the 9 run like this when the changes happen?

Sunderland-Jarrow 
Jarrow-Sunderland 
Sunderland-North Shields 
North Shields-Jarrow
Jarrow-North Shields 
North Shields-Sunderland 

Then back to the start again.

Not sure, i think so.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 29 Oct 2016

(29 Oct 2016, 9:30 am)Michael It was just a guess, you're probables right.

Hopefully not a mixed allocation...as i wonder where rest of the Scania's will come from?, the 2 from Washington seem like the only ones which which will come in as spares atm, if the 9 PVR is 6.

Deptford Solar allocations 

Service X35 - 7 PVR
X36 - 2 PVR
39 - 7 PVR

Currently leaves 6 spare - which will be took if the 9 is Solar allocated with a 6 PVR

Only other option is to:

2 from Washington as spares
2 from Riverside

The Solars seem to be allocated to the 36 a lot lately

Well in future if your just guessing can you mark your posts accordingly

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Greg in Weardale - 29 Oct 2016

Yes it looks like Ds1197 says, each vehicle does the complete cycle of workings taking six hours hence an off peak requirement of six buses.

(18 Oct 2016, 9:26 pm)Michael Ah right.

If the PVR is 4, (just a guess) GNE could run Scania's on it but that only leaves 2 spare at Deptford, meaning they'll likely need 1 more from else where.

As it looks like the "Red" scania's are remaining on the 39.

Dans_bus_photos, i did say on my OP about it was a guess, if u looked back.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 29 Oct 2016

(29 Oct 2016, 2:59 pm)Greg in Weardale Yes it looks like Ds1197 says, each vehicle does the complete cycle of workings taking six hours hence an off peak requirement of six buses.

I'm not really sure but the timetable makes it look like it works like that

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Cock Robin - 31 Oct 2016

(18 Oct 2016, 7:59 pm)Cock Robin GNE don't have much success with their Teesside services do they. First the OK, now the X7. Shame.

Unless they've done some sort of 'deal' with Arriva. The X7 I saw today was well loaded leaving M'bro (as were many of the OKs at the time).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 01 Nov 2016

(31 Oct 2016, 9:09 pm)Cock Robin Unless they've done some sort of 'deal' with Arriva. The X7 I saw today was well loaded leaving M'bro (as were many of the OKs at the time).

The only of the GNE services I've seen consistently quiet is the X10.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - 2bagstew - 02 Nov 2016

(17 Oct 2016, 10:13 am)2bagstew New 202 Station Town to Seaham
I can see it having problems going around the back of Front Street in Station Town as it's a narrow uneven road and complicated by parked cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Durham CC not happy with the 202 turning at front Street Station Town, road too narrow.
202 may may have too miss Station Town and turn at the Victoria inn Wingate.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 4:25 pm)2bagstew Durham CC not happy with the 202 turning at front Street Station Town, road too narrow.

My grandfather lived in Front Street, Station Town, and I was surprised by the suggestion of using the back lane - even for minibuses - though Google StreetView does show it without any vehicles:- Front Street back lane.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 4:25 pm)2bagstew Durham CC not happy with the 202 turning at front Street Station Town, road too narrow.

the 202 route in station town will be:

Salters Lane
North Road
Front Street
Station Road
B1280
Station Town Acclom street
East Terrace
Front Street
B1280
Wingate station road
front street
north road
Salters Lane

(02 Nov 2016, 6:13 pm)cbma06 the 202 route in station town will be:

Salters Lane
North Road
Front Street
Station Road
B1280
Station Town Acclom street
East Terrace
Front Street
B1280
Wingate station road
front street
north road
Salters Lane

Station Town Acclom Street/ East Terrace have has not existed for over 40 years. Now fenced off green pasture.

WINGATE Fir Tree
Salters Lane
North Road East
Front Street
STATION TOWN Station Road
Left Turn at Church Street/Front Street Junction Then right in to behind the Front Street Then right at the Front Street/Millbank Terrace Junction Then Right on to Front Street.
Front Street
North Road West
Salters Lane
WINGATE Fir Tree

DCC are are not happy with the bus entering the Church Street/Front Street Junction Then going down behind Front Street Then turning right at the Front Street/Millbank Terrace Junction Then exiting Right on to Front Street again..

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm)2bagstew Station Town Acclom Street/ East Terrace have has not existed for over 40 years. Now fenced off green pasture.

WINGATE Fir Tree
Salters Lane
North Road East
Front Street
Left Turn at Church Street/Front Street Junction Then right in to behind the Front Street Then right at the Front Street/Millbank Terrace Junction Then Right on to Front Street.
Front Street
North Road West
Salters Lane
WINGATE Fir Tree

DCC are are not happy with the bus entering the Church Street/Front Street Junction Then going down behind Front Street Then turning right at the Front Street/Millbank Terrace Junction Then exiting Right on to Front Street again..

What I typed was the route description that GNE sent into VOSA.

(02 Nov 2016, 7:47 pm)2bagstew Station Town Acclom Street/ East Terrace have has not existed for over 40 years. Now fenced off green pasture.

WINGATE Fir Tree
Salters Lane
North Road East
Front Street
Front Street
North Road West
Salters Lane
WINGATE Fir Tree

(02 Nov 2016, 7:59 pm)cbma06 What I typed was the route description that GNE sent into VOSA.

Google Maps are good at leaving streets in that have long since disappeared there are more several examples in Wingate, plays havoc with the Sat Nav

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - johnwingate - 02 Nov 2016

(02 Nov 2016, 8:11 pm)2bagstew Google Maps are good at leaving streets in that have long since disappeared there are more several examples in Wingate, plays havoc with the Sat Nav
the only other way 202 was to run to  deaf hill loop and back which is suitable for buses or do run to a19 hart flyover and come back through hutton henry both problems are restricted because of time but would solve station town probelm if it urned round at wingate vic turning circle where 246 use to turn it would mean station town and bottom of wingate would lose out

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 02 Nov 2016

WINGATE Fir Tree
Salters Lane
North Road East
Front Street
Front Street
North Road West
Salters Lane
WINGATE Fir Tree

Thank heavens it's not just me - I spent close on an hour searching GoogleMaps trying to make sense of the route.
I was familiar with the area around Front Street Station Town when my grandfather lived there and tried to merge my knowledge with the map - without success.

My great grandmother lived in Millbank Terrace and my great aunt (my grandmother's sister) live at 22 North Road East, Wingate.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 04 Nov 2016

New X6/X7 timetable