North East Buses
Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers (/showthread.php?tid=2207)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - streetdeckfan - 07 Dec 2022

Just jumped on the X1 at Gateshead to get to Newcastle and the driver is a right misery guts!

He just closed the doors as I was getting there, I'd rather he'd just drove off after he closed the doors than open the doors again and openly say "oh for fuck sake"

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Rob44 - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 1:22 pm)streetdeckfan Just jumped on the X1 at Gateshead to get to Newcastle and the driver is a right misery guts!

He just closed the doors as I was getting there, I'd rather he'd just drove off after he closed the doors than open the doors again and openly say "oh for fuck sake"

nowt worse than someone running for a bus and delaying it and all its passengers that's only going 3 stops and will probably be a bus behind in 30 seconds.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - streetdeckfan - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 1:48 pm)Rob44 nowt worse than someone running for a bus and delaying it and all its passengers that's only going 3 stops and will probably be a bus behind in 30 seconds.
I didn't run, that's why I was expecting him to just drive away.
It's only because he opened the doors again that I walked up to it.

I have one rule when it comes to using the bus, never run.
I'd rather miss the bus with dignity than run and have it leave then look like a tit.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Rob44 - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 2:24 pm)streetdeckfan I didn't run, that's why I was expecting him to just drive away.

I'd rather miss the bus with dignity than run and have it leave then look like a tit.

Have a like!

X21 was running late again (what a surprise!), but luckily they had someone at Eldon Square to actually inform passengers and move them onto a 21 to get to Gateshead.

Unfortunately we've got a B9 on the X21, at least it's got tables, and WORKING SOCKETS!
I always forget how cramped a B9 feels, they're horrible.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Unber43 - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 2:24 pm)streetdeckfan I didn't run, that's why I was expecting him to just drive away.

I totally agree

(07 Dec 2022, 4:09 pm)streetdeckfan X21 was running late again (what a surprise!), but luckily they had someone at Eldon Square to actually inform passengers and move them onto a 21 to get to Gateshead.

Unfortunately we've got a B9 on the X21, at least it's got tables, and WORKING SOCKETS!
I always forget how cramped a B9 feels, they're horrible.
6099, only the front socket works on the left table, barely any of the USB's work

(07 Dec 2022, 5:27 pm)Unber43 6099, only the front socket works on the left table, barely any of the USB's work

It's a GNE bus, surely all the USB ports work!

[Image: 55a1e37d7433fe1190fe048e7180cd4b.jpg]

(07 Dec 2022, 5:33 pm)streetdeckfan It's a GNE bus, surely all the USB ports work!

[Image: 55a1e37d7433fe1190fe048e7180cd4b.jpg]

Honestly, the interior and the state of GNE fleet is in disarray, does anyone actually clean them. 

I would say 50% of the buses with USBs don't work. It could be more.

(07 Dec 2022, 1:22 pm)streetdeckfan Just jumped on the X1 at Gateshead to get to Newcastle and the driver is a right misery guts!

Happened to me before, he said with an eye roll "for fuck sake their just one gone" then muttered something, but when I got off he seemed quite nice.

(07 Dec 2022, 5:36 pm)Unber43 Honestly, the interior and the state of GNE fleet is in disarray, does anyone actually clean them. 

I would say 50% of the buses with USBs don't work. It could be more.

And the ones that do work don't even provide enough power to charge a phone!

Fleet presentation seems to have gone downhill, and certainly since MG left.

As I've said in the past, one thing I did admire about him was he genuinely seemed to care about the passenger experience, probably because he actually uses public transport!

(07 Dec 2022, 5:39 pm)streetdeckfan And the ones that do work don't even provide enough power to charge a phone!

As I've said in the past, one thing I did admire about him was he genuinely seemed to care about the passenger experience, probably because he actually uses public transport!
The only decent ones are the Streetdecks 20/70 Plate, 16 Plates, E400 (when they work), Citaros, G2's which have been refurbed, 27/16 etc

every 15/16 Plate Streetlite, Angel/Xlines X21 dont have enough power (like you said).

I agree atleast MG did care, the E400 tables I think he was a key part in getting them retro fitted to be better for passengers, not that they treated them well. Maybe a lot of routes having its own livery was part of the fleet presentation, but I still stand by if a route makes money brand it, or brand areas e.g Little Pinks.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Jimmi - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 5:39 pm)streetdeckfan And the ones that do work don't even provide enough power to charge a phone!

Certainly in regards to cleanliness I'd say its often been terrible over the years, pre, during and after MG, often made jibes at the "hospital grade cleaning" comments made during COVID times.

I think some of the features implemented during MG's tenure may or may not have helped improved the passenger experience onboard although I'm not a fan of the new fabric seats which show up too many hairs and dirt.

(07 Dec 2022, 9:46 pm)Jimmi Certainly in regards to cleanliness I'd say its often been terrible over the years, pre, during and after MG, often made jibes at the "hospital grade cleaning" comments made during COVID times.

I think some of the features implemented during MG's tenure may or may not have helped improved the passenger experience onboard although I'm not a fan of the new fabric seats which show up too many hairs and dirt.

Cleanliness definitely increased during COVID, but it's definitely slipped back down to where it used to be. Ie. non existent.

Definitely agree with the seats. I personally prefer leather seats, both from a comfort perspective, and from a cleanliness perspective.
Like you say you can see all the hairs and dirt, but they also hide the arse sweat patches that you generally want to avoid!

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Ambassador - 08 Dec 2022

I have to admit the state of the fleet is woeful…an inevitable cost of the cutbacks

I’ve been on the first 21 (post N21 days) and there’s been beer bottles and McDonald’s wrappers all over the top deck.

The window seals are the worst part for me, full of mould and gunk that I want nowhere near me.

Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - streetdeckfan - 12 Dec 2022

Currently on one of the ex-GNW B9s and I'm fairly sure it's colder on the bus than outside!

I must admit though, I do quite like the purple interior, I actually prefer it to GNE's latest.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Storx - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 5:40 pm)streetdeckfan Currently on one of the ex-GNW B9s and I'm fairly sure it's colder on the bus than outside!

I must admit though, I do quite like the purple interior, I actually prefer it to GNE's latest.

Is it not just the First Barbie interior with orange grab rails and different seat covers?

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - streetdeckfan - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 6:16 pm)Storx Is it not just the First Barbie interior with orange grab rails and different seat covers?
Perhaps, I don't think think I've ever been on a First bus?

The front half is purple/green moquette, and the back half purple/grey leather

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - Storx - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 6:30 pm)streetdeckfan Perhaps, I don't think think I've ever been on a First bus?

Aye sounds like it is then, guessing it's like this the moquette.

[Image: 49395483793_fe51be1738_b.jpg&hash=2a8771...5c8907eba1]

Sounds like some of that one hasn't been refurbished at all bar grab rails.

It's much nicer than the new First interior which just sucks.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - streetdeckfan - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 6:53 pm)Storx Aye sounds like it is then, guessing it's like this the moquette.

[Image: 49395483793_fe51be1738_b.jpg&hash=2a8771...5c8907eba1]

Sounds like some of that one hasn't been refurbished at all bar grab rails.

It's much nicer than the new First interior which just sucks.
Yeah, that's the one.
It looked exactly like that but with the orange grab rails.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - nova347 - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 6:30 pm)streetdeckfan Perhaps, I don't think think I've ever been on a First bus?

Weren't the Ex-GNW B9's Ex-First ones.

RE: Reversing the decline in passenger numbers - BusLoverMum - 12 Dec 2022

(12 Dec 2022, 7:27 pm)nova347 Weren't the Ex-GNW B9's Ex-First ones.
Yes. 6188 even has the first logo on the stairwell.