North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - JP6004 - 10 Oct 2019

(10 Oct 2019, 9:09 am)streetdeckfan

Apparently Wright has put an offer on the table, so it's looking like something could happen

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 10 Oct 2019

(10 Oct 2019, 9:18 am)JP6004

Fingers, legs and eyes crossed

I genuinely do have my legs crossed, if only because I am currently on a bus and lack leg room!

Looks like the deal has fallen through

[Image: 5724eccc8e559d0bf57258052472fc6f.jpg]

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Olympian3521 - 10 Oct 2019

The enviro 200 demonstrator is parked up at Consett depot today.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - TEN 6083 - 10 Oct 2019

[Image: 48876219686_4d139f25dd_c.jpg]Go North East Green Arrow 5489 / NK69 FBA by kieron mathews, on Flickr

[Image: 48876474927_04b3f50be0_c.jpg]Go North East Green Arrow 5495 / NK69 FBG by kieron mathews, on Flickr

5489 & 5495 have entered service today

[Image: 48875684863_97f27296cc_c.jpg]Go North East NK69 FAF by kieron mathews, on Flickr

would anyone know the fleetnumbers of the new Mercs for the NHS contract

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - JP6004 - 10 Oct 2019

(10 Oct 2019, 4:41 pm)TEN 6083 [Image: 48876219686_4d139f25dd_c.jpg]Go North East Green Arrow 5489 / NK69 FBA by kieron mathews, on Flickr

[Image: 48876220111_cf37049445_c.jpg]Go North East Green Arrow 5495 / NK69 FBG by kieron mathews, on Flickr

5489 & 5495 have entered service today

[Image: 48875684863_97f27296cc_c.jpg]Go North East NK69 FAF by kieron mathews, on Flickr

would anyone know the fleetnumbers of the new Mercs for the NHS contract

729 - NK69 FAA

730 - NK69 FAF

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Michael - 10 Oct 2019

The Loop looks to be dropping to 6 PVR?, so 3 Scania's should be withdrawn on top of the ones from the Green Arrow and Versa cascades.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - S830OFT - 10 Oct 2019

5201 has been sold to A-Line Coaches.

(10 Oct 2019, 6:39 pm)Michael The Loop looks to be dropping to 6 PVR?, so 3 Scania's should be withdrawn on top of the ones from the Green Arrow and Versa cascades.

If they managed to operate 97 with only 4 Scalia, can imagine all Solars can be withdrawn and allocate omnicity until DD arrive

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Michael - 10 Oct 2019

I believe 6116 has entered service, after coming back from Refurbishment, leaving only 6117 to return.

Is 6100 still at Volvo, or has it been repaired and went to Blackburn?

If they managed to operate 97 with only 4 Scalia, can imagine all Solars can be withdrawn and allocate omnicity until DD arrive

[/quote]

Versa to the Loop, since the PVR is dropping to 6.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Olympian3521 - 10 Oct 2019

There’s 6 Toonlink B9’s at Consett which could transfer and go on the Loop now the PVR is 6 but I’m not sure if the Wrightbus issue has affected what happens at Consett.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - Stanleyone - 11 Oct 2019

(10 Oct 2019, 10:31 pm)Olympian3521

There’s 6 Toonlink B9’s at Consett which could transfer and go on the Loop now the PVR is 6 but I’m not sure if the Wrightbus issue has affected what happens at Consett.

We were due 30 streetdecks, so just slightly. But also other depots are affected by the knock on of those B9s and streetlites we’re going to replace older vehicles. Still hope a deal might be reached for wrights and the streetdecks arrive.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - JP6004 - 11 Oct 2019

Extract from BBC News

A deal has been reached in principle for the sale of Wrightbus.

Bidder Jo Bamford said agreement had been reached with "the Wright family for the Wrightbus factory and land".

"We are still to conclude a deal with the administrators but are pleased to report this important step in the right direction.

"I would like to thank Ian Paisley for his hard work and diligence in helping to mediate what has at times been a tricky negotiation."

George Brash from the Unite union described it as a "momentous day".

"He said it is a tribute to the workforce and the solidarity they have shown.

"There are a lot of smiling faces at the moment.

"We just need everything confirmed."

Mr Bamford, an English industrialist, wants to buy the Wrightbus business and the factory through his Ryse Hydrogen company.

Mr Paisley said he welcomed the announcement by Mr Bamford that "a deal has now been made on the Wrightbus site".

He said Mr Bamford is "concluding the final arrangements with the administrator to take over Wrightbus and get men and women back to work building buses".

On Thursday, the owner of the Wrightbus factory, Jeff Wright, said he had not been able to reach a deal to sell it to a new owner.

He said that the sticking point had been farmland he did not consider part of the factory site.

The Ballymena business was placed into administration and put up for sale last month.

The Wrightbus premises are owned separately from the manufacturing business and held in a company called Whirlwind Property Two, which is not part of the Wright group and is therefore not under the control of the administrator.

The property company is controlled by Mr Wright, the former owner of Wrightbus.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - TEN 6083 - 11 Oct 2019

Have any more Green Arrows entered service today?

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - JP6004 - 11 Oct 2019

GNE website states emissions of E200 like 4 average cars. A lot better than I thought

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 11 Oct 2019

(11 Oct 2019, 12:18 pm)JP6004 GNE website states emissions of E200 like 4 average cars. A lot better than I thought

I wonder what they use as the 'average car'

(11 Oct 2019, 12:19 pm)streetdeckfan

I wonder what they use as the 'average car'

Presumably not a matchbox one

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - streetdeckfan - 11 Oct 2019

(11 Oct 2019, 12:22 pm)JP6004

Presumably not a matchbox one

I'm sceptical of all these official emissions figures, if they're saying it emits the equivalent of 4 average cars, then it probably emits at least the equivalent of 10-12 average cars in the real world, once you take into account all the stopping and starting.

Plus, that figure is probably an empty bus with no seats with just enough fuel to complete the test

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - deanmachine - 11 Oct 2019

(11 Oct 2019, 12:40 pm)streetdeckfan

I'm sceptical of all these official emissions figures, if they're saying it emits the equivalent of 4 average cars, then it probably emits at least the equivalent of 10-12 average cars in the real world, once you take into account all the stopping and starting.

Plus, that figure is probably an empty bus with no seats with just enough fuel to complete the test

Yeah but that bus will be there if whether there's passengers or not. A car will only be polluting if you choose to make that Journey in a car, thus instead of using a bus that's already there, you're adding extra emissions to the environment. 4 average cars sounds about right too, an Enviro 200 has what a 5 litre engine? Which is about the equivalent of 4 car engines, but more efficient because it is only powering 1 individual machine rather than 4 separate ones, not to mention large commercial diesel engines are very very efficient these days. It's basic maths that a bus carrying only a few people is much, much better than 4 cars carrying 1 single person each, I don't know where you're grasping 12 cars from, that's not realistic at all.

(11 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm)deanmachine

Yeah but that bus will be there if whether there's passengers or not. A car will only be polluting if you choose to make that Journey in a car, thus instead of using a bus that's already there, you're adding extra emissions to the environment. 4 average cars sounds about right too, an Enviro 200 has what a 5 litre engine? Which is about the equivalent of 4 car engines, but more efficient because it is only powering 1 individual machine rather than 4 separate ones, not to mention large commercial diesel engines are very very efficient these days. It's basic maths that a bus carrying only a few people is much, much better than 4 cars carrying 1 single person each, I don't know where you're grasping 12 cars from, that's not realistic at all.

I was going off the fact that research shows that stopping 3 times per mile and getting back up to speed triples emissions.

The E200 weighs roughly 6 times the 'average' car when empty and like you say has an engine the equivalent size of 4 cars. Once you take into account the increased drag from the aerodynamics of a brick I fail to see how the emissions can only be equivalent to 4 cars.

I'm not saying that a bus is worse for the environment than a car, far from it, all I'm saying is with manufacturers doing everything in their power to cheat their way through emissions regulations, I don't see how anyone can trust the 'official' figures.

I'm happy to be proven wrong through independent tests, but I honestly don't see it happening

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2019 - deanmachine - 11 Oct 2019

(11 Oct 2019, 12:58 pm)streetdeckfan

I was going off the fact that research shows that stopping 3 times per mile and getting back up to speed triples emissions.

The E200 weighs roughly 6 times the 'average' car when empty and like you say has an engine the equivalent size of 4 cars. Once you take into account the increased drag from the aerodynamics of a brick I fail to see how the emissions can only be equivalent to 4 cars.

I'm not saying that a bus is worse for the environment than a car, far from it, all I'm saying is with manufacturers doing everything in their power to cheat their way through emissions regulations, I don't see how anyone can trust the 'official' figures.

I'm happy to be proven wrong through independent tests, but I honestly don't see it happening

It's better than 4 cars because large diesel engines are a lot more efficient than small passenger car engines. They're above 50% thermal efficiency these days, where a normal petrol/diesel engine struggles to get 35%, I don't have time to dig out all the research I did when I was on placement to Cummins Turbo Technologies at the minute, but I learned a lot about large diesel engines and how good they actually are at converting fossil fuels into energy. This was in 2014, so the technology in a brand new Cummins powered E200 I imagine is getting even better.

I'd also say a bus ran by a company such as GNE has vehicles that are in much better condition than some of the diesel passenger cars driving around with their dirty black smoke coming out of the back of them, so there's another advantage to a bus. I'd be willing to hear an argument that a modern plug in hybrid or electric car is better for the environment than a bus, but they're expensive, and a bus pass is probably better compared to a dirty old diesel car that we should be trying to get off the road.