North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ne14ne1 - 05 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 7:32 am)streetdeckfan I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm waiting at a stop that's used by several services, and a vehicle is already at the stop, I always wait at the back of the vehicle so I can see when my bus is arriving.

Same, that would be the sensible thing to do. Not sure if its because the bus stop flag pole where people stand is weirdly located to the front of the lay-by, near the angled section of kerb, rather than alongside the lay-by. Hard to explain. Who knows.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 05 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 8:53 am)ne14ne1 Same, that would be the sensible thing to do. Not sure if its because the bus stop flag pole where people stand is weirdly located to the front of the lay-by, near the angled section of kerb, rather than alongside the lay-by. Hard to explain. Who knows.

The worst one for me is Newgate Street (outside of Poundland) in Bishop. The bus stop is on a blind corner, so if there's a bus at the stop, you can't see them coming round the corner and they can't see you, so just drive straight past. I've lost count of the amount of times I've missed the X21 when there's an Arriva 6 parked up!

One upside of the stupid social distancing 'upgrades' is that the road is now blocked when a bus is stopped so it can't just go past!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Storx - 05 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 9:00 am)streetdeckfan The worst one for me is Newgate Street (outside of Poundland) in Bishop. The bus stop is on a blind corner, so if there's a bus at the stop, you can't see them coming round the corner and they can't see you, so just drive straight past. I've lost count of the amount of times I've missed the X21 when there's an Arriva 6 parked up!

One upside of the stupid social distancing 'upgrades' is that the road is now blocked when a bus is stopped so it can't just go past!

Foxhunters, near Whitley / Shields, is one of the worst bus stops around imo as buses need to be in the right lane to continue straight ahead. The amount of times they're already in the right lane before they're anywhere near the bus stop is annoying. It's not fun stepping in front of traffic to tell them to get over or waiting for the next bus which is hourly if it's the 57.

Billy Mill is another stupid bus stop like that but they tend to know about that one.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Andreos1 - 05 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 9:56 am)Storx Foxhunters, near Whitley / Shields, is one of the worst bus stops around imo as buses need to be in the right lane to continue straight ahead. The amount of times they're already in the right lane before they're anywhere near the bus stop is annoying. It's not fun stepping in front of traffic to tell them to get over or waiting for the next bus which is hourly if it's the 57.

Billy Mill is another stupid bus stop like that but they tend to know about that one.

Milburngate in Durham can be a nuisance. It's all fine and well some suggesting it's worth standing towards the rear of the vehicle, so nowt passes - no good when they arrive together as is often the case at Milburngate. 

The stop at the bottom of John Reid Road in Shields is a nuisance for the 26.
It needs to cut across three lanes of traffic (often stationery because of the lights), to double back on itself.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 05 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 9:56 am)Storx Foxhunters, near Whitley / Shields, is one of the worst bus stops around imo as buses need to be in the right lane to continue straight ahead. The amount of times they're already in the right lane before they're anywhere near the bus stop is annoying. It's not fun stepping in front of traffic to tell them to get over or waiting for the next bus which is hourly if it's the 57.

I suppose it's not really an issue when drivers know about it.

I can't wait for the day when we have 'smart stops' with up digital displays that work and stop buttons so passengers don't have to stand with their arm out when it's pissing it down!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - busmanT - 07 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 7:32 am)streetdeckfan I don't know about anyone else, but if I'm waiting at a stop that's used by several services, and a vehicle is already at the stop, I always wait at the back of the vehicle so I can see when my bus is arriving.
But the pavement isn't that wide next to the stop n Newgate Street for people to wait at the rear of the X9/X10 (or other bus). 
We'll have to see how it goes no doubt.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 07 Aug 2020

(07 Aug 2020, 3:03 pm)busmanT But the pavement isn't that wide next to the stop n Newgate Street for people to wait at the rear of the X9/X10 (or other bus). 
We'll have to see how it goes no doubt.

I wonder if they'll just take the other services out of that stop if it becomes too much of an issue

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Stanleyone - 07 Aug 2020

(07 Aug 2020, 3:06 pm)streetdeckfan I wonder if they'll just take the other services out of that stop if it becomes too much of an issue
The Q3 stops around the bend outside KFC and the 21 can use it's current stop outside wilcos, not an issue in my mind.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - BusLoverMum - 07 Aug 2020

(05 Aug 2020, 10:23 am)Andreos1 Milburngate in Durham can be a nuisance. It's all fine and well some suggesting it's worth standing towards the rear of the vehicle, so nowt passes - no good when they arrive together as is often the case at Milburngate. 

The stop at the bottom of John Reid Road in Shields is a nuisance for the 26.
It needs to cut across three lanes of traffic (often stationery because of the lights), to double back on itself.
Leazes road stops are even worse. At the second stop, you can't even see the 22, 24 come under the road bridge in time for them to slow down for you, unless you stand outside of the shelter.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Andreos1 - 08 Aug 2020

(07 Aug 2020, 11:43 pm)BusLoverMum Leazes road stops are even worse. At the second stop, you can't even see the 22, 24 come under the road bridge in time for them to slow down for you, unless you stand outside of the shelter.

Aye, theyre not the best. Very rarely used them, but I know exactly what you mean. 
Only used the stops once or twice since the works down there, but I know those older shelters were horrendous when busy. Trying to get out or signal the bus when you were towards the rear of the queue wasn't the easiest. Especially when it was hoying down with rain.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 08 Aug 2020

According to the Oxford-Chiltern-Bus-Page, Coaches 72-78 have now left for the NE after repaint:

As noted under the Airline heading below coaches 72-78 have now left Oxford for the North East after repainting at Hants & Dorset.

https://www.oxford-chiltern-bus-page.co.uk/Weekly%20nr%20116%20-%20070820.html

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 08 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm)Michael According to the Oxford-Chiltern-Bus-Page, Coaches 72-78 have now left for the NE after repaint:

As noted under the Airline heading below coaches 72-78 have now left Oxford for the North East after repainting at Hants & Dorset.

Wonder what fleet numbers they'll be given once they arrive, which shouldn't be too long now

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 08 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm)Michael According to the Oxford-Chiltern-Bus-Page, Coaches 72-78 have now left for the NE after repaint:

He also asks....Has anyone seen them in their new area??

I think he is a bit quick off the starting blocks, as none are up here yet.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 08 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 2:48 pm)streetdeckfan Wonder what fleet numbers they'll be given once they arrive, which shouldn't be too long now

Could be 7201 - 07 - as the 7 series is coach only - can't see them going down as 63**.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 08 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 2:57 pm)Michael Could be 7201 - 07 - as the 7 series is coach only - can't see them going down as 63**.

Since they are coaches, could they not just follow on from what the last coach is currently?

(08 Aug 2020, 2:57 pm)citaro5284 He also asks....Has anyone seen them in their new area??

I think he is a bit quick off the starting blocks, as none are up here yet.

Bit premature on his behalf then Tongue

(08 Aug 2020, 3:00 pm)citaro5284 Since they are coaches, could they not just follow on from what the last coach is currently?

Could be but i was thinking they decided to have the first of the Streetdecks as 63** instead of following on from 61** - so they might do that with the coaches.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - LVK 404L - 08 Aug 2020

And remember previously service coaches always had a different set of Fleet numbers to Nat Ex/Private Hire. Ie 5*** and 7*** series. Obviously can't use the 5 series any longer

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 08 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 4:04 pm)ifm001 And remember previously service coaches always had a different set of Fleet numbers to Nat Ex/Private Hire. Ie 5*** and 7*** series. Obviously can't use the 5 series any longer

To be fair with the introduction of the Northern Coaching unit (which is using ex-NatEx stock), it’s pretty difficult to keep the two in a separate series nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ian foster - 09 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 3:02 pm)Michael Bit premature on his behalf then  Tongue

Could be but i was thinking they decided to have the first of the Streetdecks as 63** instead of following on from 61** - so they might do that with the coaches.
could follow on from the ex Oxford B10BLE's  5161 - 5167.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - L469 YVK - 09 Aug 2020

When both E400MMCs (9077 - 2019 ZF) and (9098 - 2016 Voith) were trailled on the X9 & X10, how did they perform?

Will there be plans to move the 6 Cylinder StreetDeck around other depots with perhaps an E400MMC (most logical option would be a swap with Hexham) temporarily fulfilling the role of the X9 & X10 spare?