North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 09 Aug 2020

(09 Aug 2020, 4:47 pm)L469 YVK When both E400MMCs (9077 - 2019 ZF) and (9098 - 2016 Voith) were trailled on the X9 & X10, how did they perform?

Will there be plans to move the 6 Cylinder StreetDeck around other depots with perhaps an E400MMC (most logical option would be a swap with Hexham) temporarily fulfilling the role of the X9 & X10 spare?

I believe it was said the plan is still to have the 6 Cylinder StreetDeck move around the depots, but will be primarily allocated as a spare on the X9/X10

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Andreos1 - 09 Aug 2020

(09 Aug 2020, 12:48 pm)ian foster could follow on from the ex Oxford B10BLE's  5161 - 5167.

Dunno if you were a member of the forum at the time, but those B10's smelt lovely inside according to certain member(s).
Apparently, it was as though shake n vac had been used on them. 
I seem to remember the GNE wiki page even having comments on it about how fresh that particular batch were.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ne14ne1 - 10 Aug 2020

(08 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm)Michael According to the Oxford-Chiltern-Bus-Page, Coaches 72-78 have now left for the NE after repaint:

As noted under the Airline heading below coaches 72-78 have now left Oxford for the North East after repainting at Hants & Dorset.

https://www.oxford-chiltern-bus-page.co.uk/Weekly%20nr%20116%20-%20070820.html

(08 Aug 2020, 2:57 pm)citaro5284 He also asks....Has anyone seen them in their new area??

I think he is a bit quick off the starting blocks, as none are up here yet.

Has there been any sightings of them down there since being withdrawn? I would've thought someone would have photographed them, either debranded, repainted or on the move up here.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - L469 YVK - 10 Aug 2020

Will be interesting with the X9 & X10 moving to coaches to see whether or not it lands under the 'X-Lines' brand or part of the 'X-Lines' network and perhaps base livery but a different brand (Tyne Tees Connect, Tyne Tees Express).

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - JP6004 - 10 Aug 2020

(10 Aug 2020, 4:59 pm)L469 YVK Will be interesting with the X9 & X10 moving to coaches to see whether or not it lands under the 'X-Lines' brand or part of the 'X-Lines' network and perhaps base livery but a different brand (Tyne Tees Connect, Tyne Tees Express).
Already confirmed it will be

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 14 Aug 2020

Just a thought, will the coaches be receiving private plates, some passengers may think it's a downgrade going from a 67 plate to a 15 plate.
Well, I mean I say 67 plates, they're really just re-registered 17 plates Tongue

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Stanleyone - 14 Aug 2020

(14 Aug 2020, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan Just a thought, will the coaches be receiving private plates, some passengers may think it's a downgrade going from a 67 plate to a 15 plate.
Well, I mean I say 67 plates, they're really just re-registered 17 plates Tongue
Passengers dont take notice of the destination screen, there's no chance they'll notice a registration plate!!!!.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 14 Aug 2020

(14 Aug 2020, 6:03 pm)Stanleyone Passengers dont take notice of the destination screen, there's no chance they'll notice a registration plate!!!!.
They've done it with other vehicles before to hide their age, they may well do it with these as well

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Ambassador - 14 Aug 2020

(14 Aug 2020, 5:09 pm)streetdeckfan Just a thought, will the coaches be receiving private plates, some passengers may think it's a downgrade going from a 67 plate to a 15 plate.

You’re thinking like an enthusiast.
For a route that sees Crusader Citaros or whatever has 4 wheels that Riverside have spare pop up I doubt passengers will notice when they see a spanking huge coach with big comfy seats pop up.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - col87 - 15 Aug 2020

How long before the first break down and the coaches going on other routes like the 21 / X21 or Tyne Valley 10 while the X9/10 has everyone squashed onto a citaro.

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 15 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 12:20 am)col87 How long before the first break down and the coaches going on other routes like the 21 / X21 or Tyne Valley 10 while the X9/10 has everyone squashed onto a citaro.

The coaches won’t be able to go on any other route on the network - drivers need specific training and, as has already been mentioned, they aren’t permitted to use Eldon Square.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - col87 - 15 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 4:53 am)Dan The coaches won’t be able to go on any other route on the network - drivers need specific training and, as has already been mentioned, they aren’t permitted to use Eldon Square.

I know was a joke since most companies including Go North East have a habit of putting branded buses on other routes.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - L469 YVK - 15 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 4:53 am)Dan The coaches won’t be able to go on any other route on the network - drivers need specific training and, as has already been mentioned, they aren’t permitted to use Eldon Square.

Could perhaps start some weekend "day trips" when the economic climate improves and send the StreetDeck out as cover. Lightwater Valley, Flamingo Land etc. Don't think they'd get through Stokesley & Helmsley though or Thirsk & Sutton for that matter. Would have to be via York & A64.

Good thing about Flamingo Land I suppose is that EY could bail GoNE out if the coach ran into any problems. Don't know what nearest EY depot would be though.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Ambassador - 15 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 10:22 pm)L469 YVK Could perhaps start some weekend "day trips" when the economic climate improves and send the StreetDeck out as cover. Lightwater Valley, Flamingo Land etc. Don't think they'd get through Stokesley & Helmsley though or Thirsk & Sutton for that matter. Would have to be via York & A64.

Good thing about Flamingo Land I suppose is that EY could bail GoNE out if the coach ran into any problems. Don't know what nearest EY depot would be though.

Wouldn’t the new Northern coaching unit cover any sort of return to Voyager branded day trips?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - mb134 - 15 Aug 2020

What would be the plan if one was re-entering service after being long term VOR for a major part? I'm aware that some operators (though I'm not sure if GNE do) like to keep things local, or on less demanding work, for a few days or so just to bed it back in again. 

I'd imagine it'd be fairly unlikely that any of these will be suffering from any major issues in their time on the X9/X10 mind.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - L469 YVK - 15 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 10:25 pm)Ambassador Wouldn’t the new Northern coaching unit cover any sort of return to Voyager branded day trips?
They could do. But depending on running costs & demand, the interdecks would be ideal. Don't know how close seating capacity is to some of the Northern Coaching Unit stock though.

"X-Lines Escapes"

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 16 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 11:04 pm)L469 YVK They could do. But depending on running costs & demand, the interdecks would be ideal. Don't know how close seating capacity is to some of the Northern Coaching Unit stock though.

"X-Lines Escapes"

That sounds like a good name for the northbound X9/X10 services Tongue

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - deanmachine - 16 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 10:51 pm)mb134 What would be the plan if one was re-entering service after being long term VOR for a major part? I'm aware that some operators (though I'm not sure if GNE do) like to keep things local, or on less demanding work, for a few days or so just to bed it back in again. 

I'd imagine it'd be fairly unlikely that any of these will be suffering from any major issues in their time on the X9/X10 mind.

You can't do that with a long distance coach, not many "local" journeys on National Express.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - big mac - 16 Aug 2020

Has a decision been made on where they will terminate in Newcastle yet?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - tyresmoke - 16 Aug 2020

(15 Aug 2020, 10:22 pm)L469 YVK Could perhaps start some weekend "day trips" when the economic climate improves and send the StreetDeck out as cover. Lightwater Valley, Flamingo Land etc. Don't think they'd get through Stokesley & Helmsley though or Thirsk & Sutton for that matter. Would have to be via York & A64.

(15 Aug 2020, 10:25 pm)Ambassador Wouldn’t the new Northern coaching unit cover any sort of return to Voyager branded day trips?

(15 Aug 2020, 11:04 pm)L469 YVK They could do. But depending on running costs & demand, the interdecks would be ideal. Don't know how close seating capacity is to some of the Northern Coaching Unit stock though.

"X-Lines Escapes"
I'm fairly certain it's already been said GNE don't want to get into the day trip or even private hire business preferring to stick with the likes of rail replacement contracts. Equally when you've only got 7 XLines coaches and a PVR of 7 then why would you pull one off the X9/X10 when you've got other vehicles sat spare at weekends? 
(16 Aug 2020, 10:28 am)big mac Has a decision been made on where they will terminate in Newcastle yet?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
The new registration suggests Newgate Stret and I believe a stop near the Gate shopping centre hasn't been mentioned?