North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - cbma06 - 16 Aug 2020

(16 Aug 2020, 10:28 am)big mac Has a decision been made on where they will terminate in Newcastle yet?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

It’s been stated that the terminus in Newcastle will be Newgate street

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(16 Aug 2020, 11:53 am)tyresmoke I'm fairly certain it's already been said GNE don't want to get into the day trip or even private hire business preferring to stick with the likes of rail replacement contracts. Equally when you've only got 7 XLines coaches and a PVR of 7 then why would you pull one off the X9/X10 when you've got other vehicles sat spare at weekends? 
The new registration suggests Newgate Stret and I believe a stop near the Gate shopping centre hasn't been mentioned?

Wasn’t Northern got rid of the day trips etc.. what there inherited from the OK business as Go Highstyle and sold/gifted to Classic to stop them competing on northern routes at the time?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 17 Aug 2020

Has it been mentioned yet what will be happening regards the accessible seating/ wheelchair bays on the coaches?
Will they be getting the screens installed for the driver

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ne14ne1 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 2:06 pm)streetdeckfan Has it been mentioned yet what will be happening regards the accessible seating/ wheelchair bays on the coaches?
Will they be getting the screens installed for the driver

I'd imagine screens would be installed to protect the drivers from Covid, if not assault too. 

I take it the entry area where the driver is actually has enough head room for passengers to stand up straight in it? I know that sounds stupid, but from looking at photos of interdecks the driver's area looks so low down - I'm sure its just because the rest of the vehicle is so large. Big Grin

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - busmanT - 17 Aug 2020

(16 Aug 2020, 10:28 am)big mac Has a decision been made on where they will terminate in Newcastle yet?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
stop 08NC20 outside Lau's restaurant and opposite St Andrew's Church

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - cbma06 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 4:47 pm)busmanT stop 08NC20 outside Lau's restaurant and opposite St Andrew's Church

This stop across the road?[Image: ec71b7acf17fe9666cba56c040740f1a.jpg]

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - JP6004 - 17 Aug 2020

MG posted pix of coaches on twitter. Colours spot on. Not a fan of the purple on the front

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 6:16 pm)JP6004 MG posted pix of coaches on twitter. Colours spot on. Not a fan of the purple on the front

Yeah, the front looks bloody awful. 

What is their obsession with putting contrasting colours on the front, it hasn't worked yet!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 6:25 pm)streetdeckfan Yeah, the front looks bloody awful. 

What is their obsession with putting contrasting colours on the front, it hasn't worked yet!
I am surprised Ray Stenning has not snapped you up as one of his designers.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - mb134 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 2:54 pm)ne14ne1 I'd imagine screens would be installed to protect the drivers from Covid, if not assault too. 

I take it the entry area where the driver is actually has enough head room for passengers to stand up straight in it? I know that sounds stupid, but from looking at photos of interdecks the driver's area looks so low down - I'm sure its just because the rest of the vehicle is so large. Big Grin

From memory it's fine, though I've not been on one since March. I'll double check when Aberdeen is out of lockdown again, but I'm over 6ft and I can't remember ever having an issue - the only place to watch out for is the seats at the front upstairs.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 6:39 pm)mb134 From memory it's fine, though I've not been on one since March. I'll double check when Aberdeen is out of lockdown again, but I'm over 6ft and I can't remember ever having an issue - the only place to watch out for is the seats at the front upstairs.
Oh hell aye.....banged my heed there a couple of times  Big Grin

(17 Aug 2020, 6:33 pm)citaro5284 I am surprised Ray Stenning has not snapped you up as one of his designers.

I don't mean to brag, but I probably could do a lot better than some of their designs!

Anyway, I've slightly modified the front, not my best work by a long shot, but as usual, I think it looks 10x better without the horrendously out of place patch of colour!

.jpg
Xline-Coach.jpg
Size 412.96 KB / Downloads 75

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - TEN 6083 - 17 Aug 2020

https://twitter.com/martijngne/status/1295414852605927424?s=21

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 6:48 pm)streetdeckfan I don't mean to brag, but I probably could do a lot better than some of their designs!

Anyway, I've slightly modified the front, not my best work by a long shot, but as usual, I think it looks 10x better without the horrendously out of place patch of colour!

That looks much better. Maybe the gold could even be brought down further to just above the number plate and along the tops of the silver daytime running lights.

As it currently stands at HD Trim it just looks crap with the weird triangle and doesn’t match any other version of the Xlines liveries. It also looks very countryish & East Yorkshirey with so much cream on the front. 

Other than the disappointing front end, the rest looks smart.

RE: Ne14ne1 - streetdeckfan - 17 Aug 2020

(17 Aug 2020, 8:13 pm)ne14ne1 That looks much better. Maybe the gold could even be brought down further to just above the number plate and along the tops of the silver daytime running lights.

As it currently stands at HD Trim it just looks crap with the weird triangle and doesn’t match any other version of the Xlines liveries. It also looks very countryish & East Yorkshirey with so much cream on the front. 

Other than the disappointing front end, the rest looks smart.

Exactly, they always seem to have a solid design, then ruin it with a stupid panel at the front, they did exactly the same with the corporate livery, look low well that went down with the blue panel!

There's absolutely no need for it to be purple on the front, like you say, it doesn't fit with the rest of the Xlines liveries.

It looks cheap and tacky, the rest of the Xlines liveries look posh

I just hope to god the B5s don't come back looking anything like that.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - JACK6081 - 17 Aug 2020

Apoligies if it's been asked before but have the fleet numbers been announced yet

(17 Aug 2020, 8:22 pm)JACK6081 Apoligies if it's been asked before but have the fleet numbers been announced yet
Not yet

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - JP6004 - 18 Aug 2020

MG has said coaches receiving quite a big upgrade inside. Does this include converting some of the storage space into more priority seating?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 18 Aug 2020

A couple of other things I've seen on Twitter

MG has also said the coaches should be here in 2-3 weeks

Dan has said the B5s should all be up and running on the X21 by the 3rd September. They were supposed to start coming back yesterday (not sure if they have though) but once they get back, they just need to be vinyled up and have the buggy bay fittted

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - tcts24 - 18 Aug 2020

Don't thionk the purple triangle thingy would be too bad if it continued up the side and petered out next to the cctv.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - mb134 - 18 Aug 2020

(18 Aug 2020, 8:07 am)JP6004 MG has said coaches receiving quite a big upgrade inside. Does this include converting some of the storage space into more priority seating?

Without massively changing the structure of the vehicle you can't really do that. Note this picture below, you'd have to remove 1-2 of those seats behind the cab in the first place to even think about putting in more seating - and that's without taking into account that the floor of the upstairs is raised above the cab/accessible seating area, so any space behind that (i.e where the luggage space is) is nowhere near big enough to consider seating (2nd link). 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/42318062@N07/8442891654/in/photolist-dt9f9z-dt9dvX-dt9eJR-dt9qCY-dt9eh6-dt9pSs-akPgFm-Df1VSR-paojCH-dS52xu-eYkECu-artKQn-artSxr-arts4k-artEbH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/thejamster/15605004798/in/photolist-FPetMF-dt9f9z-26Rc1gT-pPdjNG-dt9dvX-J8H4Db-dt9eJR-q4u1yG-dt9qCY-dt9eh6-pLXJfS-KWMFnQ-dt9pSs-dQNorj-RB3Yja-LH1oTQ