North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - cbma06 - 09 Nov 2020

Will these coaches be put into the 7*** fleet series?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - GNE6312 - 10 Nov 2020

Anyone know when the elites will enter service as I'm hoping after lockdown to get one but not sure if they'll be out by then.

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - SnarledComic1 - 10 Nov 2020

(10 Nov 2020, 8:40 pm)GNE6312 Anyone know when the elites will enter service as I'm hoping after lockdown to get one but not sure if they'll be out by then.

They’re having some issues with registering them with the DVSA after upseating them. If I had to make a guess their arrival will hopefully coincide with the ending of lockdown but I’m not entirely sure. I reckon they’ll be up before Christmas though.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 11 Nov 2020

I'm hoping they don't arrive until the New Year, gives me a chance to get photos of the levantes on it when the lockdown ends.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - GNE6312 - 11 Nov 2020

(10 Nov 2020, 10:58 pm)SnarledComic1 They’re having some issues with registering them with the DVSA after upseating them. If I had to make a guess their arrival will hopefully coincide with the ending of lockdown but I’m not entirely sure. I reckon they’ll be up before Christmas though.

What have they done to upseat them and how many seats have they been upseated by

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - SnarledComic1 - 11 Nov 2020

(11 Nov 2020, 8:07 pm)GNE6312 What have they done to upseat them and how many seats have they been upseated by

I’m not entirely sure. I’m only going off what MG said on one of his Facebook streams. The seats looked pretty small with Oxford so I haven’t got a clue what they could’ve done unless they’ve put smaller seats (Civic V3s maybe?) in with less legroom. But that’s just a guess. They can’t have been upseated by that much, it’s not like a Levante where a 72 seat conversion is relatively simple. But I’m sure all will be revealed shortly. Keep an eye on Martijn’s streams and I’m sure he’ll shed some light on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 11 Nov 2020

(11 Nov 2020, 9:43 pm)SnarledComic1 I’m not entirely sure. I’m only going off what MG said on one of his Facebook streams. The seats looked pretty small with Oxford so I haven’t got a clue what they could’ve done unless they’ve put smaller seats (Civic V3s maybe?) in with less legroom. But that’s just a guess. They can’t have been upseated by that much, it’s not like a Levante where a 72 seat conversion is relatively simple. But I’m sure all will be revealed shortly. Keep an eye on Martijn’s streams and I’m sure he’ll shed some light on it.

I'm fairly sure it's already been confirmed the seats are staying the same, my guess is they're just reducing the legroom and adding an extra row in.
To me that's a terrible idea because I physically cannot sit straight on most of GNE's buses because there's so little leg room, my knees are literally through the seat in front. I have to sit sideways just to get a slight bit of comfort, which is why I always go for a table seat

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 12 Nov 2020

(11 Nov 2020, 11:20 pm)streetdeckfan I'm fairly sure it's already been confirmed the seats are staying the same, my guess is they're just reducing the legroom and adding an extra row in.
To me that's a terrible idea because I physically cannot sit straight on most of GNE's buses because there's so little leg room, my knees are literally through the seat in front. I have to sit sideways just to get a slight bit of comfort, which is why I always go for a table seat

If the seats were a mile apart, you would still have some problem me thinks  Tongue

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 12 Nov 2020

(11 Nov 2020, 11:20 pm)streetdeckfan I'm fairly sure it's already been confirmed the seats are staying the same, my guess is they're just reducing the legroom and adding an extra row in.

LITERALLY through the seats in front? That must have hurt. :p

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - SnarledComic1 - 12 Nov 2020

Ah I haven’t seen whatever it is about the seats. For legroom the front seats appear to be quite good for it. But going off some pictures with OBC, the legroom didn’t appear to be brilliant then so lord only knows how cramped GNE’s will be. Good job I’m 5 foot 5!

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - SnarledComic1 - 17 Nov 2020

Right everyone, some confirmation from Martijn on what’s happening. According to his Facebook live video from the other day the Elites are basically ready to go however, as I mentioned they’ve changed the seating and they are waiting on recertification. Because of Covid, the test dates are quite few and far between so they’re unsure of when exactly they’ll get a recertification test. He said we should expect them in the next month or so though.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 01 Dec 2020

Coaches look to be arriving in the new year now.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 07 Jan 2021

Looks like the coaches will be here soon according to Dan's twitter.

I must say, I'm still not sold on the front of the livery.

And I really don't like the look of halogen headlights, especially on a 'premium' offering, especially when they have the LED DRLs underneath! 
It's like those people that buy a base model Audi or BMW, and you can spot them a mile off by the headlights!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - GNE6312 - 07 Jan 2021

(07 Jan 2021, 2:50 pm)streetdeckfan Looks like the coaches will be here soon according to Dan's twitter.

And I really don't like the look of halogen headlights, especially on a 'premium' offering, especially when they have the LED DRLs underneath! 
It's like those people that buy a base model Audi or BMW, and you can spot them a mile off by the headlights!
Is theyre anymore images of them other than the links Previously posted?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - N1cholas - 07 Jan 2021

Go north east did not specify the headlights or the DRLs, they were already fitted at new for Oxford bus company, im sure if GNE wanted to in the future they could upgrade the halogen for some lovely white headlights to finish off the "premium" look, i think for now people will be more fascinated with the "new" super comfy coaches to travel on and not the lights at the front, cant wait to see them for real

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Storx - 07 Jan 2021

(07 Jan 2021, 2:50 pm)streetdeckfan Looks like the coaches will be here soon according to Dan's twitter.

When it's dark a coach is a coach regardless to what lights it has. You won't be able to see any of livery of it passing on the A19 in the opposite direction and if your passing it in the same direction you won't really notice the headlights at all.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 08 Jan 2021

(07 Jan 2021, 6:28 pm)N1cholas Go north east did not specify the headlights or the DRLs, they were already fitted at new for Oxford bus company, im sure if GNE wanted to in the future they could upgrade the halogen for some lovely white headlights to finish off the "premium" look, i think for now people will be more fascinated with the "new" super comfy coaches to travel on and not the lights at the front, cant wait to see them for real

It just seems strange to me that they would have been specced that way from the factory, GNE's vehicles of the same age (and some older IIRC) have the LED/HID lights
I'm not saying they need upgrading, but I do think it would be a lot better aesthetically 

(07 Jan 2021, 7:32 pm)Storx When it's dark a coach is a coach regardless to what lights it has. You won't be able to see any of livery of it passing on the A19 in the opposite direction and if your passing it in the same direction you won't really notice the headlights at all.
Exactly, because they're halogen! Wink
We've had cars with Xenon/LED headlights for years now, and when you get in a car with standard Halogens it's like you're driving around with sunglasses on

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 08 Jan 2021

Actually those lights are standard on the Elite-i

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 09 Jan 2021

[Image: 50817367127_f22494ab0a_z.jpg]Go North East OW15 WKC by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me or does the border between the cream and the gold sit far too high.

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 2:31 pm)streetdeckfan [Image: 50817367127_f22494ab0a_z.jpg]Go North East OW15 WKC by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me or does the border between the cream and the gold sit far too high.

Ive previously said the same.