North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Ne14ne1 - streetdeckfan - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 2:37 pm)ne14ne1 Ive previously said the same.

Tbh, I never really noticed it on the other photos I've seen, but when you see the scale of it next to the StreetLite behind, it's bloody awful!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 2:31 pm)streetdeckfan [Image: 50817367127_f22494ab0a_z.jpg]Go North East OW15 WKC by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me or does the border between the cream and the gold sit far too high.

Interior is nice: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/50817442472/in/dateposted/ - Photo by Dan.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 09 Jan 2021

7154 is OW15WKD.

If they are in registration order, OW15WKC would be 7153.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Storx - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 2:31 pm)streetdeckfan [Image: 50817367127_f22494ab0a_z.jpg]Go North East OW15 WKC by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Is it just me or does the border between the cream and the gold sit far too high.

The cream is fine imo, I'd be tempted to either move the dark purple forward or the light purple further back to create the x-lines X. It's a similar problem on the Solo's aswell. It looks fine though imo, shame the back wheel arches are where they are though.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 3:07 pm)Storx The cream is fine imo, I'd be tempted to either move the dark purple forward or the light purple further back to create the x-lines X. It's a similar problem on the Solo's aswell. It looks fine though imo, shame the back wheel arches are where they are though.

I think once the lines are added the location of the purples will look a lot better, although I still despise the way they make the stripes go into the wheel arches!

Regardless, I did a quick and dirty photoshop job of lowering the gold and to me it looks a lot better proportion wise, and I also took another crack at fixing the god awful front end! (I don't think forcing the purple on the front would ever end up looking good)

[Image: Yet-another-coach-fix-lol.jpg]

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - S813 FVK - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan I think once the lines are added the location of the purples will look a lot better, although I still despise the way they make the stripes go into the wheel arches!

Regardless, I did a quick and dirty photoshop job of lowering the gold and to me it looks a lot better proportion wise, and I also took another crack at fixing the god awful front end! (I don't think forcing the purple on the front would ever end up looking good)

Personally, I think you've just made it look worse. Fine the height it is imo.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Storx - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan I think once the lines are added the location of the purples will look a lot better, although I still despise the way they make the stripes go into the wheel arches!

I prefer the actual front ngl tbh. The only thing I'd change is to paint the light surrounds to black because it's crying for it but that's it for me as the X-Lines vehicles (some Enviros) look better with it than those without.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Adtrainsam - 09 Jan 2021

Probably being a bit pedantic here, but it would look much better if they had white destination displays rather than the standard orange. Especially since all the other X lines vehicles have them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/50817346511/

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 3:35 pm)Storx I prefer the actual front ngl tbh. The only thing I'd change is to paint the light surrounds to black because it's crying for it but that's it for me as the X-Lines vehicles (some Enviros) look better with it than those without.

Like I said, there's no way of making the front look good when you want to force a patch of colour in an area that doesn't really have any borders to hide the colour change. 
I'd normally agree about the headlights, but I kinda prefer it with the body coloured lights with this particular style
[Image: Coach-Black-Headlights.jpg]

(09 Jan 2021, 4:21 pm)Adtrainsam Probably being a bit pedantic here, but it would look much better if they had white destination displays rather than the standard orange. Especially since all the other X lines vehicles have them.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/50817346511/

Definitely agree, it also look like there's some dodgy pixels on the display, so I wonder if they'll change them out?
[Image: Coach-White-display.jpg]

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 4:41 pm)streetdeckfan Definitely agree, it also look like there's some dodgy pixels on the display, so I wonder if they'll change them out?

[Image: Coach-White-display.jpg]

Not without replacing the windscreen (which comes at considerable cost!)

(09 Jan 2021, 4:49 pm)Dan Not without replacing the windscreen (which comes at considerable cost!)

Can they not be removed internally?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 4:54 pm)streetdeckfan Can they not be removed internally?
He has said not without removing the windscreen  Huh

(09 Jan 2021, 4:55 pm)citaro5284 He has said not without removing the windscreen  Huh

Well, to me it seems like a truly awful design if you can't replace the display without removing (and presumably destroying) and replacing the whole windscreen

Do other vehicles require operators to do this?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Charles41 - 09 Jan 2021

Prepare to see lockdown broken tomorrow by hordes of enthusiasts congregating at Saltmeadows frothing gleefully at the mouth.

Charles

(09 Jan 2021, 7:30 pm)Charles41 Prepare to see lockdown broken tomorrow by hordes of enthusiasts congregating at Saltmeadows frothing gleefully at the mouth.

Charles

As long as they go for a walk they're not breaking any rules. They could even do some essential shopping at ASDA to have a valid excuse for riding the bus there. There's so many loopholes to the 'lockdown' that you can basically still do anything you want!

Obviously I'm not condoning doing that, before anyone complains!

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 7:56 pm)streetdeckfan As long as they go for a walk they're not breaking any rules. They could even do some essential shopping at ASDA to have a valid excuse for riding the bus there. There's so many loopholes to the 'lockdown' that you can basically still do anything you want!

Obviously I'm not condoning doing that, before anyone complains!

As long as they stay local to their home. Government guidance states “You should always stay local in the village, town or PART of the city you live”.

RE: Ne14ne1 - streetdeckfan - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 9:12 pm)ne14ne1 As long as they stay local to their home. Government guidance states “You should always stay local in the village, town or PART of the city you live”.

Yes, it says SHOULD, not must. 

Must is legally enforceable, should is just a suggestion

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 09 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 9:26 pm)streetdeckfan Yes, it says SHOULD, not must. 

Must is legally enforceable, should is just a suggestion

Correct.
Let’s hope the majority of spotters don’t feel they ‘must’ travel over to see a newly painted bus, rather than doing the right thing and following the advice of Stay at home and stay local.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Ambassador - 10 Jan 2021

Well if Northumbria Police wish to increase their already country leading fine tally then they know where to go.

Then again...should the company or its employees be posting things they know will excite and encourage travel from enthusiasts on twitter? Absolutely not.

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 10 Jan 2021

(10 Jan 2021, 1:43 am)Ambassador Well if Northumbria Police wish to increase their already country leading fine tally then they know where to go.

Then again...should the company or its employees be posting things they know will excite and encourage travel from enthusiasts on twitter? Absolutely not.

I don’t think that is fair.

One could argue that the company or its employees posting things on social media - which is legally permitted as you can travel for work reasons - should in theory “replace” an enthusiasts’ need to get photos of said things themselves, in the short term.

Of course what enthusiasts do, and whether they are actually making a reasonable trip whilst doing something else (be it exercise, shopping, going to the doctors), is between them and their conscience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk