North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Ne14ne1 - streetdeckfan - 10 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 11:23 pm)ne14ne1 Correct.
Let’s hope the majority of spotters don’t feel they ‘must’ travel over to see a newly painted bus, rather than doing the right thing and following the advice of Stay at home and stay local.

I personally don't understand the appeal of taking pictures of a bus (or of taking pictures of anything in general tbh). It's going to be there the next time you visit, so what's the big deal, and to me a bus without livery is boring anyway.
And what do you do even do once you've taken the pictures, frame them and put the on the wall? I'd be embarrassed if someone came over and all I had was pictures of the X21! Although I suppose that isn't really an issue for most bus spotters  Wink

Although, I suppose if people didn't go around taking pictures I wouldn't have anything to Photoshop!  Big Grin

RE: Ne14ne1 - WYBusSpotter - 10 Jan 2021

(10 Jan 2021, 10:35 am)streetdeckfan I personally don't understand the appeal of taking pictures of a bus (or of taking pictures of anything in general tbh). It's going to be there the next time you visit, so what's the big deal, and to me a bus without livery is boring anyway.
And what do you do even do once you've taken the pictures, frame them and put the on the wall? I'd be embarrassed if someone came over and all I had was pictures of the X21! Although I suppose that isn't really an issue for most bus spotters  Wink

Although, I suppose if people didn't go around taking pictures I wouldn't have anything to Photoshop!  Big Grin
It would've been great if the camera had never been invented... No record of history apart from text. Fantastic!

And why does anyone do anything? What's the point in watching the football, it will only go on year after year, forever more. There is a large collection of bus enthusiasts on flickr, facebook and twitter. Not to mention many different forums on the web. I'm not sure many will frame photos of buses, but if they do then hey, why not.

Now if your post was sarcastic then you've made me look a right pratt.   Rolleyes

(10 Jan 2021, 10:49 am)WYBusSpotter It would've been great if the camera had never been invented... No record of history apart from text. Fantastic!

And why does anyone do anything? What's the point in watching the football, it will only go on year after year, forever more. There is a large collection of bus enthusiasts on flickr, facebook and twitter. Not to mention many different forums on the web. I'm not sure many will frame photos of buses, but if they do then hey, why not.

Now if your post was sarcastic then you've made me look a right pratt.   Rolleyes

The post was part serious and part in jest.
I was more talking about going out taking photos in the current climate, but obviously the bit about framing photos and putting them on the wall was a joke Tongue

But I genuinely don't understand the appeal of taking pictures of things that aren't likely to change. Back in the day when you could go on holiday, my friend would forever be taking pictures of the sea, and mountains.

That's not to say I don't like photography, I really do enjoy taking photos and looking at well composed images, but going out to take and taking a shakey, over exposed, out of focus image of a bus just because it's new just doesn't appeal to me in the slightest!

RE: Ne14ne1 - Storx - 10 Jan 2021

(10 Jan 2021, 10:35 am)streetdeckfan I personally don't understand the appeal of taking pictures of a bus (or of taking pictures of anything in general tbh). It's going to be there the next time you visit, so what's the big deal, and to me a bus without livery is boring anyway.

Agreed with the black light surrounds tbh.

You've opened a right can of worms here. Probably not the best place to post this, your going to get slated even known I agree with you with not getting people going out the way to take a photo of any form of transport, unless it's something special like a heritage day or the Flying Scotsman with their kids, but each to their own - everyone has things that they enjoy.

(10 Jan 2021, 2:51 pm)Storx Agreed with the black light surrounds tbh.

You've opened a right can of worms here. Probably not the best place to post this, your going to get slated even known I agree with you with not getting people going out the way to take a photo of any form of transport, unless it's something special like a heritage day or the Flying Scotsman with their kids, but each to their own - everyone has things that they enjoy.

In case you haven't noticed by my other posts, I don't really care!

Seriously though, it's not just people taking photos of transport, it's photographing things in general. Like people who go to a concert and spend the whole time taking pictures and videos rather than actually being there!
If I were to go to a heritage day (which I wouldn't because old buses don't interest me in the slightest), I'd rather spend the time looking than faffing about with a camera, maybe that's just me

I'd imagine the people that take photos and look at them later are the same sort of people that watch movies more than once, whereas once I've seen something I don't care anymore!

RE: Ne14ne1 - Storx - 10 Jan 2021

(10 Jan 2021, 3:25 pm)streetdeckfan In case you haven't noticed by my other posts, I don't really care!

Seriously though, it's not just people taking photos of transport, it's photographing things in general. Like people who go to a concert and spend the whole time taking pictures and videos rather than actually being there!
If I were to go to a heritage day (which I wouldn't because old buses don't interest me in the slightest), I'd rather spend the time looking than faffing about with a camera, maybe that's just me

I'd imagine the people that take photos and look at them later are the same sort of people that watch movies more than once, whereas once I've seen something I don't care anymore!

tbf that should be banned but that's for a total different reason as it can kill the concert when there's too many people but also people who hold cameras up in the air the whole show completely wreck it for anyone behind. Very off topic that sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOlmjrGhZvo - Don't be Geoffrey though (some band played that before a gig - should be at every one).

RE: Ne14ne1 - mb134 - 10 Jan 2021

(09 Jan 2021, 11:23 pm)ne14ne1 Correct.
Let’s hope the majority of spotters don’t feel they ‘must’ travel over to see a newly painted bus, rather than doing the right thing and following the advice of Stay at home and stay local.

I don't have a huge issue with them going to take pictures, if they live locally and it can be done on their daily exercise, or if they're driving nearby and pop past. 

I think a larger problem is what happens when they go out into service. With things like Bustimes and even the GNE app showing what buses are on what service each day, it is easier than ever to see when stuff is being put into service. I would hope that folk are sensible, but its the NE enthusiast scene so that hope is likely misplaced - coaches full of window lickers on "essential" round trips from Newcastle to Middlesbrough coming up...

(10 Jan 2021, 4:18 pm)mb134 I don't have a huge issue with them going to take pictures, if they live locally and it can be done on their daily exercise, or if they're driving nearby and pop past. 

I think a larger problem is what happens when they go out into service. With things like Bustimes and even the GNE app showing what buses are on what service each day, it is easier than ever to see when stuff is being put into service. I would hope that folk are sensible, but its the NE enthusiast scene so that hope is likely misplaced - coaches full of window lickers on "essential" round trips from Newcastle to Middlesbrough coming up...

But it's not as if the coaches are only a temporary allocation, they're there for the foreseeable. There's no rush like there was during the first lockdown with allocations being all over the place.

As much as I like having a play on the buses, I try to at least plan things I need to do into it and not just go out to try out a new bus. I even waited a good few weeks before trying out the new 6 Cylinder StreetDeck!

(10 Jan 2021, 5:13 pm)streetdeckfan But it's not as if the coaches are only a temporary allocation, they're there for the foreseeable. There's no rush like there was during the first lockdown with allocations being all over the place.

As much as I like having a play on the buses, I try to at least plan things I need to do into it and not just go out to try out a new bus. I even waited a good few weeks before trying out the new 6 Cylinder StreetDeck!

Won't stop some of them, have to be first!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 10 Jan 2021

Apparently Middlesbrough Bus Station sells better baby milk than Newcastle Airport. Tongue

(10 Jan 2021, 5:22 pm)mb134 Won't stop some of them, have to be first!

That's another thing I don't understand, the whole 'first' mentality!

Sure, I want to have a go on the new coaches, but it's not the end of the world if I don't for a few months! I mean, the only reason I've even tried one of the coaches they have on at the minute is because I was at Heworth and it turned up before the 27!

(10 Jan 2021, 5:32 pm)Rapidsnap Apparently Middlesbrough Bus Station sells better baby milk than Newcastle Airport. Tongue

To be fair, the Cooplands in Middlesbrough isn't that bad, a year or two back I got bored so I just went into Gateshead and got the first bus that was due to leave and ended up going to Middlesbrough. All I did there was go to Cooplands, get a bacon sandwich and get the same bus back up!

(10 Jan 2021, 5:38 pm)streetdeckfan That's another thing I don't understand, the whole 'first' mentality!

Sure, I want to have a go on the new coaches, but it's not the end of the world if I don't for a few months! I mean, the only reason I've even tried one of the coaches they have on at the minute is because I was at Heworth and it turned up before the 27!

Aye, if I'm out and about that day anyway and it fits into my plans (or if I'm standing in say, Haymarket, and it pulls in) sure I'll see what I can do but I'm not going to rip up plans to be first.

To be honest, in most cases, I'd much rather get one last trip on whatever it is they are replacing. Additionally, if you do get something "first" it's likely to be crammed with veg, and I don't think I could cope with that for more than about 5 minutes.

(10 Jan 2021, 6:07 pm)mb134 Aye, if I'm out and about that day anyway and it fits into my plans (or if I'm standing in say, Haymarket, and it pulls in) sure I'll see what I can do but I'm not going to rip up plans to be first.

To be honest, in most cases, I'd much rather get one last trip on whatever it is they are replacing. Additionally, if you do get something "first" it's likely to be crammed with veg, and I don't think I could cope with that for more than about 5 minutes.

Oh, definitely. I'd much rather be the last than the first!

I was on the X21 once and there was a group sitting at the table next to me discussing whatever shite they discuss (probably complaining about StreetDecks!) and I think I lasted a few stops before I had to bail.

RE: Ne14ne1 - Ianthegoon - 10 Jan 2021

(10 Jan 2021, 11:16 am)streetdeckfan I was more talking about going out taking photos in the current climate, but obviously the bit about framing photos and putting them on the wall was a joke Tongue
I'd taken a few photos of some buses, showed them to a friend of mine who asked for copies ..... turned out she knew the owner of the vehicles I'd been photographing, she forwarded the photos to him and apparently he had them printed out and framed for the office wall!

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - JACK6081 - 10 Jan 2021

Will these coaches be getting notices put in them about not putting items on the front upper deck as they cannot be retrieved as seen on stsgecoach examples on the megabus

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 11 Jan 2021

We’re getting ready to launch the final instalment of X-lines. Introducing X9|X10... These premium coaches will be crucial to our success as we recover from COVID-19; providing a huge step change, delivering better comfort, reliability and accessibility for our passengers.

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1348704667975475201 - Tweet by Dan

Looks good branded up for X-Lines.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - citaro5284 - 11 Jan 2021

(11 Jan 2021, 7:05 pm)Michael We’re getting ready to launch the final instalment of X-lines. Introducing X9|X10... These premium coaches will be crucial to our success as we recover from COVID-19; providing a huge step change, delivering better comfort, reliability and accessibility for our passengers.

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1348704667975475201

Looks good branded up for X-Lines.
Just waiting now for streetdeckfan to say what he does not like with it.......

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 11 Jan 2021

(11 Jan 2021, 7:08 pm)citaro5284 Just waiting now for streetdeckfan to say what he does not like with it.......

You know what it is! Everyone just assumes I won't like something, and to be fair, they wouldn't be wrong  Big Grin

For the most part, I actually think it looks alright, definitely looks better with the vinyls on.

Although I don't like the double stripe separating the gold and the cream, and the rear end has a whiff of Bruce Forsyth about it with the chrome stripe.

And I wonder why there's no pictures on the front, have they managed to make it uglier than it already was?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 11 Jan 2021

Can we have a list of fleetnumbers and registrations please?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - RM2186 - 16 Jan 2021

Another unbranded ex Oxford coach spotted headed toward Saltmeadows along the Felling bypass yesterday. Passed in opposite direction and didn't get reg number.