North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 19 Feb 2021

How come the fronts of the coaches have the Xlines logo but the fronts of the Xlines buses have the GNE logo?

https://flic.kr/p/2kD4nAc

RE: Ne14ne1 - streetdeckfan - 19 Feb 2021

(19 Feb 2021, 12:02 pm)ne14ne1 How come the fronts of the coaches have the Xlines logo but the fronts of the Xlines buses have the GNE logo?

https://flic.kr/p/2kD4nAc

It could be because they consider (or at least used to consider) the X9/X10 as it's own separate thing, with it also having different tickets?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ne14ne1 - 20 Feb 2021

More interdecks arriving: https://flic.kr/p/2kDosB2

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 4:49 pm)ne14ne1 More interdecks arriving: https://flic.kr/p/2kDosB2

That's 7151, the final interdeck to be delivered. Should be out in service by the end of next week.

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 4:50 pm)Dan That's 7151, the final interdeck to be delivered. Should be out in service by the end of next week.

So there’ll be a separate press release about the X9 being upgraded to luxury coaches too?

RE: Ne14ne1 - Dan - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 4:56 pm)ne14ne1 So there’ll be a separate press release about the X9 being upgraded to luxury coaches too?

When service X9 returns (it isn't operating at the moment), appropriate marketing and promotion will be done for it, yes. Its return is ultimately dependent on demand returning, which under the current restrictions, there is very little for.

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 4:59 pm)Dan When service X9 returns (it isn't operating at the moment), appropriate marketing and promotion will be done for it, yes. Its return is ultimately dependent on demand returning, which under the current restrictions, there is very little for.

Ah I see. I hadn’t realised it wasn’t running atm. Cheers Dan.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 20 Feb 2021

I know this sounds really stupid but wouldn't it be easier to withdraw the X9 all together and make the X10 do what it does now making the X10 a 30 minute frequent

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - LVK 404L - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 7:12 pm)MichealAaron I know this sounds really stupid but wouldn't it be easier to withdraw the X9 all together and make the X10 do what it does now making the X10 a 30 minute frequent
Not sure on that. When I used these services daily I much preferred the X9 over the X10 when going to/from Testos and Boro ...I detested it when I was on lates or Sundays and had to get the both routes X10 which makes a long day even longer

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 7:27 pm)ifm001 Not sure on that. When I used these services daily I much preferred the X9 over the X10 when going to/from Testos and Boro ...I detested it when I was on lates or Sundays and had to get the both routes X10 which makes a long day even longer
True. But it would be easier as say you arrive in town and miss the X9 to Peterlee. That's an entire hour waiting. Where if it was just the X10 it would be a 30min wait

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - LVK 404L - 20 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 7:31 pm)MichealAaron True. But it would be easier as say you arrive in town and miss the X9 to Peterlee. That's an entire hour waiting. Where if it was just the X10 it would be a 30min wait
But the X10 serves Peterlee slip road and most tickets can be used on the local service into the main area.  Or instead of waiting 30 more minutes you could just walk which takes about 15 mins.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Benny - 21 Feb 2021

(20 Feb 2021, 7:12 pm)MichealAaron I know this sounds really stupid but wouldn't it be easier to withdraw the X9 all together and make the X10 do what it does now making the X10 a 30 minute frequent

I think Peterlee could benefit from a every 30 minute frequency but there isn't a big enough load from Teesside (except M'bro). I personally think they should just have a route calling at all Teesside stops then Peterlee and the other non stop between MIddlesbrough to Peterlee. If they wanted to put competition on Stagecoach call at Hartlepool along the way. 

I don't think there needs to be a connection into Dalton Park either, GNE should just advertise their best service from Peterlee to Dalton Park like the X66 from Gateshead to Metrocentre.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 21 Feb 2021

(21 Feb 2021, 10:50 pm)Benny I think Peterlee could benefit from a every 30 minute frequency but there isn't a big enough load from Teesside (except M'bro). I personally think they should just have a route calling at all Teesside stops then Peterlee and the other non stop between MIddlesbrough to Peterlee. If they wanted to put competition on Stagecoach call at Hartlepool along the way. 

I don't think there needs to be a connection into Dalton Park either, GNE should just advertise their best service from Peterlee to Dalton Park like the X66 from Gateshead to Metrocentre.
It should be something like just the X10 as the X9 only runs Monday to Saturday Day time. Sunday and evenings it doesn't

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Dan - 22 Feb 2021

(21 Feb 2021, 10:50 pm)Benny I think Peterlee could benefit from a every 30 minute frequency but there isn't a big enough load from Teesside (except M'bro). I personally think they should just have a route calling at all Teesside stops then Peterlee and the other non stop between MIddlesbrough to Peterlee. If they wanted to put competition on Stagecoach call at Hartlepool along the way. 

The vast number of passengers using the service to and from Dalton Park (pre-COVID) would beg to differ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Andreos1 - 22 Feb 2021

(22 Feb 2021, 5:58 am)Dan The vast number of passengers using the service to and from Dalton Park (pre-COVID) would beg to differ!

A perfect example of adapting services and opening up a new market to a new audience? 

Dalton Park, the retail parks in Prudhoe and Washington, the Arnison Centre... Just some of the tweaks which has opened up or improved connections, at very little cost. 

Maybe 'network tweaks' could be the priority over the 'titivating' projects that we keep seeing. 
Potential passengers seeing changes which actually have benefits, might be the way to go. 
Going back to those beans from the other week - that new label on the tin of beans doesn't have benefits.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - streetdeckfan - 22 Feb 2021

(22 Feb 2021, 5:58 am)Dan The vast number of passengers using the service to and from Dalton Park (pre-COVID) would beg to differ!

The only time I've actually used the X10 (for an actual purpose anyway, not because I was bored and fancied a ride out) was to go to Dalton Park

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - James101 - 23 Feb 2021

Dalton Park is useful as an unofficial park & ride for East Durham and Hartlepool to Newcastle by bus. I find plenty of people are put off by there prospect of driving & parking in the city centre. Slowing down the journey in Teesside by combing both routes all day would sabotage the time advantage over the train.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Benny - 23 Feb 2021

(23 Feb 2021, 4:18 pm)James101 Dalton Park is useful as an unofficial park & ride for East Durham and Hartlepool to Newcastle by bus. I find plenty of people are put off by there prospect of driving & parking in the city centre. Slowing down the journey in Teesside by combing both routes all day would sabotage the time advantage over the train.
The idea was to have one serve Teesside stops and the other goes direct to Peterlee.  My thinking view is from a Teessider to be honest, I didn't really think many people from Newcastle used the x9/x10.  I'm sure Dalton Park can be served by the one that goes direct to Peterlee then Wink 

The X10 serves all of Teesside except Billingham, which is weird anyway because the X10 goes into Billingham from Norton to enter the motorway so surely joining the extra two stops at Billingham isn't going to add that much extra time. 

Also Middlesbrough to Newcastle by the train takes a long time, even longer now Horden has been added to the service.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Storx - 23 Feb 2021

(23 Feb 2021, 6:33 pm)Benny The idea was to have one serve Teesside stops and the other goes direct to Peterlee.  My thinking view is from a Teessider to be honest, I didn't really think many people from Newcastle used the x9/x10.  I'm sure Dalton Park can be served by the one that goes direct to Peterlee then Wink 

The X10 serves all of Teesside except Billingham, which is weird anyway because the X10 goes into Billingham from Norton to enter the motorway so surely joining the extra two stops at Billingham isn't going to add that much extra time. 

Also Middlesbrough to Newcastle by the train takes a long time, even longer now Horden has been added to the service.

The train takes the same time as the bus end to end. Trains for a commuter are a hell of a lot more desirable as if a train takes 85 minutes, it'll take 85 minutes. If a bus takes 85 minutes, it might take 85 minutes but that's depending on traffic and a long route like the X9/X10 it's more likely to be hit somewhere.

Agreed that the X10 shouldn't do everywhere otherwise it's simply too long end to end, Peterlee has numerous services between there and Dalton Park. Local services should be doing that service imo. It's about the longer distance customers.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 23 Feb 2021

I just thought it would be easier to withdraw the X9 as the X10 does the X9 route on a Sunday and Evening anyway and with the current lockdown. Wouldn't it be easier to make the X10 every 30 mins