North East Buses
X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company (/showthread.php?tid=2593)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 27 Feb 2021

I've used the Explorer ticket. It's valid on the X9/X10. When the seasider by stagecoach was on the T&W Day rover was valid but not valid on Toon Tour. The Explorer can get u to Carlisle apparently but only on the Stagecoach 685. I've used both Tyne and Wear day rovers and Explorer on each other companies. I've looked stupid showing the driver on a GNE bus an Arriva T&W Dau rover or Explorer

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rob44 - 27 Feb 2021

(27 Feb 2021, 12:32 pm)MichealAaron I've used the Explorer ticket. It's valid on the X9/X10. When the seasider by stagecoach was on the T&W Day rover was valid but not valid on Toon Tour. The Explorer can get u to Carlisle apparently but only on the Stagecoach 685. I've used both Tyne and Wear day rovers and Explorer on each other companies. I've looked stupid showing the driver on a GNE bus an Arriva T&W Dau rover or Explorer

I would have though the explorer would have been valid on the arriva service to Carlisle too?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - LVK 404L - 27 Feb 2021

(27 Feb 2021, 1:17 pm)Rob44 I would have though the explorer would have been valid on the arriva service to Carlisle too?
It is

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Mark1 - 27 Feb 2021

(27 Feb 2021, 1:24 pm)ifm001 It is
I think the Stagecoach North West Explorer is valid on both Arriva and Stagecoach 685's as well

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - xpm - 27 Feb 2021

The NW explorer (not to be confused with the standard NE explorer which most people refer to) is not valid on GNE services, never has been, although stagecoach as you say do seem to allow you to travel all the way to Newcastle on the 685 on it, it is primarily a Cumbria ticket(for the area most people on this forum will associate anyway).

Fine showing a stagecoach or Arriva app explorer ticket to the driver, as although both use ticketer - they won’t scan on GNE machines, same with paper tickets too.

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - big mac - 28 Feb 2021

Was thinking for the ticketing could an extra zone not just be created that covers Stockton and Middlesbrough? Therefore if people want to travel the full distance on the X10 they can just get a ticket that covers that zone, and if they're just going to Peterlee or Dalton Park etc they can get a ticket that covers that area, therefore there's no need to have separate X10 tickets.

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - TEN 6083 - 05 Mar 2021

7151 has entered service

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MetrolineGA1511 - 06 Mar 2021

(25 Feb 2021, 6:31 pm)big mac With the ticketing, is the fact that to use the x9/X10 requires it's own separate day ticket something that causes confusion amongst passengers or not?  I can just imagine someone getting on with a normal go north east day ticket and bring surprised that it isn't valid on the service.

When I come to Newcastle in August I shall use the route on a day that I am already getting a North East Explorer, to avoid this Go North East fare differential.

(26 Feb 2021, 7:48 pm)Storx Yeah, this is what they're allowed on:

You can travel the length and breadth of the region on local bus services operated by all the participating companies listed below:
  • Arriva North East
  • Go North East
  • Shields Ferry
  • Stagecoach North East & Cumbria services within the Carlisle city boundary
  • Travelsure**
  • Tyne & Wear Metro
Please note that the Explorer North East Ticket is NOT valid on:
– Trains (except Sunderland to Blaydon rail line)
– National Express coaches
– Pre-booked coach tours
– Hadrian’s Wall service
– Moorbus services
– City sightseeing tours

The DayRover is anything above but inside T&W only. Unless things have changed the Explorer ticket from Arriva won't work on a GNE ticket machine and vice versa though so don't look like a twat and scan it.

That reminds me of when I was in Leeds in December 2019.  The Transdev driver issued my all-operator bus ticket from the Ticketer machine.  However, no scanners on any other company bus recognised it!  The drivers were fine when I showed them the ticket though.  It just defeats the object of the bar code if other companies do not recognise them.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - ASX_Terranova - 17 Mar 2021

Suprised no-one has posted about the mock x-lines levante currently on sale at ensign.

https://www.ensignbus.com/2015-volvo-b11rt.html

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - NewcastleOne - 17 Mar 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 10:28 am)ASX_Terranova Suprised no-one has posted about the mock x-lines levante currently on sale at ensign.

Updated only 5 days ago

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - GNE6312 - 17 Mar 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 10:28 am)ASX_Terranova Suprised no-one has posted about the mock x-lines levante currently on sale at ensign.

Tbh I'd quite like stagecoach to purchase them for the X24.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - MichealAaron - 17 Mar 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 8:54 pm)GNE6312 Tbh I'd quite like stagecoach to purchase them for the X24.
This is Stagecoach your talking about. They have already had Coaches on the X24 once before they were put on the X55 which was then scrapped

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - deanmachine - 17 Mar 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 8:54 pm)GNE6312 Tbh I'd quite like stagecoach to purchase them for the X24.

The X24 is far too short of a route to need coaches. The newer style seating in new Stagecoach orders would be perfectly fine for it, the Scanias are already more comfortable than a Metro seat afterall.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - mb134 - 17 Mar 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 9:29 pm)MichealAaron This is Stagecoach your talking about. They have already had Coaches on the X24 once before they were put on the X55 which was then scrapped

You say this as if Stagecoach don't put coaches on routes where they're needed. They do. It's just the X24, nor the X55, justify them.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 18 Mar 2021

X24 has never had coaches. They had Scania Omnilinks which had Stagecoach Gold spec interiors.

X55 did use the Volvo B12BT coach. Also they did try one of the X90 coaches on the X34 but was found unsuitable due to stop dwell times. Similar thing happened to the X2 Red Arrow when GNE put coaches on them.

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - LVK 404L - 18 Mar 2021

(18 Mar 2021, 1:03 am)Rapidsnap X24 has never had coaches. They had Scania Omnilinks which had Stagecoach Gold spec interiors.

X55 did use the Volvo B12BT coach. Also they did try one of the X90 coaches on the X34 but was found unsuitable due to stop dwell times. Similar thing happened to the X2 Red Arrow when GNE put coaches on them.
Stagecoach  did trial the Panther Coach from the X55 on the X24 for a period of time before the X55 went live.

X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - TEN 6083 - 28 Mar 2021

7156 has been fully branded up so should be entering service within the next few days

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Rapidsnap - 23 Apr 2021

Well 7156 has finally entered service.... then promply broke down on the X9 as it was returning from Middlesbrough

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - big mac - 23 Apr 2021

(17 Mar 2021, 10:15 pm)deanmachine The X24 is far too short of a route to need coaches. The newer style seating in new Stagecoach orders would be perfectly fine for it, the Scanias are already more comfortable than a Metro seat afterall.
What's being used on the x24 currently? Is it just the gas buses?

RE: X9 | X10 - Acquisition of interdeck coaches from Oxford Bus Company - Michael - 23 Apr 2021

(23 Apr 2021, 7:24 pm)big mac What's being used on the x24 currently? Is it just the gas buses?

Anything atm, deckers, gas, E300's but surprised - sure i heard there's quite a few buses off the road.

Only 2 buses were tracking on the X24 on bustimes, both were gas buses.