North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 28 Mar 2015

Next 45 out of Newcastle is an Olympian

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 28 Mar 2015

Making our way to Consett now on 6009. Plenty of photos! Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MurdnunoC - 28 Mar 2015

Rowlands Gill offers some nice photo opportunities if you're on the 45 heading towards Consett. Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 1:09 pm)citaro5284 Well make sure you post them then...

What's your address? If this is it, I'm sending loads of burning Citaros... Tongue 

Go North East,
Mercedes-Benz World,
Somewhere in the North East,
GN52 8FG

(28 Mar 2015, 1:15 pm)citaro5284 Thats the one

The joys of Google....   Big Grin

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 1:15 pm)citaro5284 Thats the one

I thought your postcode was NK08 CFP? Tongue 

Nexus statistic bloke on 7610. Asked me if I'd been on any buses before hand, and I offered him a list.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - MurdnunoC - 28 Mar 2015

Just saw someone Stanley taking photos. Anyone from here?

(28 Mar 2015, 2:11 pm)aureolin Nexus statistic bloke on 7610. Asked me if I'd been on any buses before hand, and I offered him a list.

I would have asked him to clear off, because you don't like jobsworths Tongue 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 28 Mar 2015

Would anyone fancy doing a Trip along the AD122 Route over the Summer, getting on/off at Various points of the Route to take Photos, was thinking a minimum of 4 people (Unless your name Dan or Citaro5284 and can use the service for free) doing a £6.25 Split on a AD122 Rover Family Ticket as it is £12 Single for just one Adult, we could also take some scenic photos around Hexham and Corbridge as well to break the Day up a bit, Looking at it you would also have to purchase a 3 Zone+ Day Ticket beforehand depending on where you are travelling from which maybe off putting to some.

(28 Mar 2015, 3:53 pm)Malarkey Would anyone fancy doing a Trip along the AD122 Route over the Summer, getting on/off at Various points of the Route to take Photos, was thinking a minimum of 4 people (Unless your name Dan or Citaro5284 and can use the service for free) doing a £6.25 Split on a AD122 Rover Family Ticket as it is £12 Single for just one Adult, we could also take some scenic photos around Hexham and Corbridge as well to break the Day up a bit, Looking at it you would also have to purchase a 3 Zone+ Day Ticket beforehand depending on where you are travelling from which maybe off putting to some.

Can Explorers not be used on the AD122? It doesn't say on the web page that it can't. It only refers to corporate tickets - i.e. Get Around and Buzzfare.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/ad122

Edit: GNE have confirmed that Explorers are indeed valid.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 4:07 pm)aureolin Can Explorers not be used on the AD122? It doesn't say on the web page that it can't. It only refers to corporate tickets - i.e. Get Around and Buzzfare.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/ad122
I don't think they can. If they were valid, nobody would purchase a day ticket for £12 for use only on the AD122 service.

Explorer North East:

Ticket Is NOT Valid:
ON NATIONAL EXPRESS COACHES
ON PRE-BOOKED COACH TOURS
WEARDALE MOTOR SERVICE X21
HADRIAN’S WALL SERVICE
MOORBUS SERVICES X60/X61
CITY SIGHTSEEING TOURS

(28 Mar 2015, 4:12 pm)Dan I don't think they can. If they were valid, nobody would purchase a day ticket for £12 for use only on the AD122 service.

Just edited my original post, but GNE have just confirmed they are. I'm a bit surprised myself! 

(28 Mar 2015, 4:14 pm)aureolin Just edited my original post, but GNE have just confirmed they are. I'm a bit surprised myself! 

They're not - Network One's site states.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 4:14 pm)aureolin Just edited my original post, but GNE have just confirmed they are. I'm a bit surprised myself! 
They never used to be, and the Network One website states that they cannot be used on the AD122 either.

Odd one, if they are now valid..!

(28 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm)Tommy_1581 They're not - Network One's site states.

The operator that operates the service have confirmed it's the case. That's got a lot more weight than the Network One site has.

(28 Mar 2015, 4:16 pm)Dan They never used to be, and the Network One website states that they cannot be used on the AD122 either.

Odd one, if they are now valid..!

Certainly is. Makes you wonder what the point in the 'Rover Plus' ticket is, when you can get one valid on almost everything for £5.50 cheaper! You're only really going to get value out of that ticket if you purchase a 7 day one.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 4:18 pm)aureolin The operator that operates the service have confirmed it's the case. That's got a lot more weight than the Network One site has.

Certainly is. Makes you wonder what the point in the 'Rover Plus' ticket is, when you can get one valid on almost everything for £5.50 cheaper! You're only really going to get value out of that ticket if you purchase a 7 day one.

Without mentioning the NE explorer ticket GNE are probably hoping to get people to get the more expensive ticket as people won't know if the explorer ticket is valid on the AD122.

Not the first time I've seen this sort of thing, when Blackpool Transport made service 20 the City Sightseeing Blackpool tour they plastered the City Sightseeing fares everywhere even though you could buy local tickets for less.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 28 Mar 2015

(28 Mar 2015, 4:18 pm)aureolin The operator that operates the service have confirmed it's the case. That's got a lot more weight than the Network One site has.

Well if an Explorer is Valid then I would definitely be up for a run out on the AD122 over the summer, although I do have a bad feeling of purchasing one and the Driver turning around and saying it is Invalid mind.

(28 Mar 2015, 4:30 pm)Jimmi Without mentioning the NE explorer ticket GNE are probably hoping to get people to get the more expensive ticket as people won't know if the explorer ticket is valid on the AD122.

Not the first time I've seen this sort of thing, when Blackpool Transport made service 20 the City Sightseeing Blackpool tour they plastered the City Sightseeing fares everywhere even though you could buy local tickets for less.

Same with the Trams. There's a little shop over the road from Starrgate terminus which sells the day tickets for cheaper.