North East Buses
Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Bus Related Outings and Reviews (/showthread.php?tid=307)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 26 Jan 2015

My plan is fucked already, 08:13 has no showed, so im on the 27 heading to Gateshead as im busting for the loo and there no way im using the ones at Heworth.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Dan - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 8:30 am)Malarkey My plan is fucked already, 08:13 has no showed, so im on the 27 heading to Gateshead as im busting for the loo and there no way im using the ones at Heworth.
I made that mistake once!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Malarkey - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 8:32 am)Dan I made that mistake once!
Im now the X21 to Durham, going to do the trip in reverse of what I had planned, so ill be going up Darlington first then Stockton and onto Middlesbrough and possibly Guisborough if I have time.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Davie - 26 Jan 2015

My plan for Friday:
#56 Wrekenton-Sunderland
#20 Sunderland-South Shields
#27 South Shields-Newcastle
#56 Newcastle-Wrekenton

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 26 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 8:45 pm)MarcTheA4 #21 - Newcastle, Eldon Square to My House - (13:45 --- 14:35) - GNE 6056 - Volvo B5HL/Wright Gemini 2
Ah, an Olympian and a newly repainted bus in one day - time to end it with a lovely long, quiet ride on the 21. We leave Newcastle with only 3 upstairs and about 10 downstairs. We get to Gateshead - 3 people get on. They make the journey unbearable. Uncivilised scruffs. I actually got an inkling, one was an enthusiast - and the other two were his carers...

I got the impression he may have had autism, and I know I've always stood by my rule of autistic people being treated the same - but now I feel different. I know that is wrong, but this...'man-child'...has changed my mind!!

They get on, and runs upstairs, a great big fat twenty odd year old, and starts looking for plug sockets on 6056. He shouts downstairs: 'MAFFEW - THEY DONT HAVE ANY PLUG SOCKETS'...the guy I can only assume is called 'Matthew', gets irritated as they go towards the back, accompanied by a young woman who looked like a scruff. Matthew gets irritated when he finds there are none upstairs, and threatens to get off. He punches the head rests in frustration, and the driver stops short of leaving thinking they were getting off. The woman convinces him to stay, and Matthew notes the fleet number as 'sixty fifty six' - this alone made me think they were enthusiasts. They start shouting about how there are no plug sockets and how they are advertised, and I can hear them through my bloody headphones. I try to relax, but that fat gorilla keeps complaining about how there are no plug sockets.

At Low Fell, the person occupying the front seats get off, and the ape runs down, spilling coke and crisps everywhere...to get them. Matthew and the woman follow him while he sits like a retarded dog...I honestly feel like chucking my lifeless body down the stairs while an Arriva X2 passes. He yells (to his friends who are less than a metre to the side of them) - 'MAFFEW - THERES A SOLAR ON THE X2, LOOK, LOOK!!!'. Matthew: 'Nah mate it's a Pulsar'. Chimp: 'Hew woz a Pulsar Maffew?'. They spend about 5 minutes explaining to him what a Pulsar is....groan...

They get to the Police Station at Chester and the autistic guy starts going on about how he doesn't like the 21 going past here because he's scared of it. Baby. ThetPulsar overtakes us, and he shouts 'MAFFEW - THERES THAT SOLAR AGAIN'...OH MY FUCKING GOD - HE HAS JUST EXPLAINED THAT IT IS A PPPPPULLLLLLSAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

I can't take it any more as we leave Chester - thankfully my stop is only 3-4 minutes towards Durham. Phew! But nonetheless, he sees the Pulsar again...'MAFFEW - LOOK THERES THE SOLAR AGAIN WHATS THE NUMBER'. Matthew: 1452. Ape: 'MAFFEW YOUR WRONG THATS A VOLVO RENOWN'. Matthew: 'Nah mate, it's a Pulsar'. Ape: 'IT USED TO BE ON THE LIME I THINK YOUR LYING'...I just lost it and bailed...

Made the journey thoroughly disgusting - if I ever see them again I'll shove that bottle of coke down his goddamn asophagus!!!

A bad end to and otherwise brilliant day...5/10.

I'm autistic and I have respite workers every other Saturday, my god, I wish I could end this stupid respite. They constantly remind me of the time - of which my camera displays - then a countdown every 20 seconds - they treat me like a baby and every time a bus comes around a corner - they'll mention it - I've told them to be quiet because I need to concentrate on the photo but they still talk, sing and all that. I just want to be treated like a normal person - not like a baby only because I have autism.

I was at a bus stop waiting for my X21 into Ashington - I was talking to an old lady - she asked if I had any problems - I said that I had autism - when my bus approached she was telling me how to hail the bus - like, really? I learnt how to hail a bus when I was two and started using the Internet when I was three.

I've been at nearly every bloody special school in the north east, but none of them worked. I found mainstream hard to handle - I wish I hadn't fucked it up at first school - I would have more friends than 2.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 28 Jan 2015

Here's my trip from yesterday

X21: Fifth Avenue to Newcastle - nice comfortable ride on 7526 with a friendly driver who even whacked the air con on when he noticed it was getting hot - shame there were OAPs using 2 of the front seats Sad

X21: Newcastle to Gateshead - Driver nearly went up an Angel's arse and the staircase is to far along the bus (Plaxton President)

27: Gateshead to Jarrow - Nice comfy ride in a Mercedes - engine was quiet - and a friendly driver who was being helped by a passenger into what stand he should use a at Jarrow

9: Jarrow to North Shields - Renowns, Dual door, very peaceful ride into North Shields - a cute dog was brought on board in Jarrow - so everyone was loving the dog!

310: North Shields to Newcastle - after waiting in a long queue - the front seats were occupied by someone who smelt of shit - so the back of the bus was full! Sad

Lunch and photos: Got photos of 3813 & 3814

X21: Newcastle to Fifth Avenue - refurb, so my back, arse, neck were killing me.

X21: Fifth Avenue to Ashington Bus Station - bloody new one turned up - shame I was only going a short distance

X20: Ashington Bus Station to Newcastle - ALX400 - shite.

15:15 306: Newcastle to Whitley Bay - very quiet for the time of day

16:17 308: Whitley Bay to Blyth - Max refurb - uncomfortable front seats on the bottom

1: Blyth to Fifth Avenue - Jesus Christ, a Commander, being driven by a person who should have his licence shredded. Angry, sweary, shouting at passengers. And there was a retarded fucktard sat next to me mumbling something.

4/10

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - LeeCalder - 28 Jan 2015

If Davie is okay with it, I'm hoping to do the following on Saturday -

X1 Wrekenton - Washington
8 Washington - Sunderland
56 Sunderland - Newcastle

And then trainspotting in Manors for a while

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 29 Jan 2015

Explorer on Saturday.

A few rides on the 36 followed by some runs on the Metro, and maybe some Newcastle-based stuff with Arriva and Stagecoach. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 29 Jan 2015

(29 Jan 2015, 5:49 pm)MarcTheA4 Explorer on Saturday.

A few rides on the 36 followed by some runs on the Metro, and maybe some Newcastle-based stuff with Arriva and Stagecoach. Smile

What has happened with your ticket book?
You never seem to buy singles like you did previously. 

(29 Jan 2015, 5:52 pm)Tom What has happened with your ticket book?
You never seem to buy singles like you did previously. 

Value for money tbh.

I'll buy the odd Get Around single for a run into Chester (and back maybe) after school or on Sunday's.

In hindsight, £2.30 from Monument to the MetroCentre is pretty steep imo.

Edit: May as well point out, I have been sticking in my last two Get Around Day Tickets and the 36 single from earlier in the week. The Explorer should give some variety...might even get an Arriva All Zones day (I saw that advertised somewhere - I hope they exist lol) the week after.

(29 Jan 2015, 5:54 pm)MarcTheA4 Value for money tbh.

I'll buy the odd Get Around single for a run into Chester (and back maybe) after school or on Sunday's.

In hindsight, £2.30 from Monument to the MetroCentre is pretty steep imo.

Maybe you should get a POP card? Only 60p for a single. Anyway, it should really be 85p on the 100 as you are under 16. Seems a shame that you have spent all of the effort with your ticket book for it just to go to waste?

And with regards to your edit, a Child day ticket for Arriva is £5, and a adult £7.50. Good if your going to Ashington/Morpeth/Alnwick.

(29 Jan 2015, 5:55 pm)Tom Maybe you should get a POP card? Only 60p for a single. Anyway, it should really be 85p on the 100 as you are under 16. Seems a shame that you have spent all of the effort with your ticket book for it just to go to waste?

Don't think I qualify for a POP card? I think you have to be Tyne & Wear - I'm County Durham.

See my edit! Wink

(29 Jan 2015, 5:57 pm)MarcTheA4 Don't think I qualify for a POP card? I think you have to be Tyne & Wear - I'm County Durham.

See my edit! Wink

I already did Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 29 Jan 2015

Pop cards are for Tyne and Wear residents only - I wanted a Pop card because as I went to school in Sunderland, I was a frequent passenger on Metro and Sunderland Connect.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 30 Jan 2015

Might try some Stagecoach's Newcastle E400s while I'm out tomorrow. Might see an ALX300 on something familiar. Maybe a run to Regent Centre on a Sapphire or MAX then the Metro back...will hitch a few rides on the 36s tomorrow, might get something good. Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - DanPicken - 30 Jan 2015

(30 Jan 2015, 6:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Might try some Stagecoach's Newcastle E400s while I'm out tomorrow. Might see an ALX300 on something familiar. Maybe a run to Regent Centre on a Sapphire or MAX then the Metro back...will hitch a few rides on the 36s tomorrow, might get something good. Smile

I'm going out early tomorrow to get the 20/A from South Shields to Houghton then the 36 to Town End farm then proberly the the 35 (I think it's in Tyne And Wear) then after that I don't know.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - northern156 - 30 Jan 2015

I'm out on the buses for a change tomorrow!

Not got a definitive plan but I'll be in Eldon Square for 0830 before getting the Metro from Haymarket to Northumberland Park for a hearty all-you-can-eat breakfast at the Toby Carvery in Shiremoor. I'll then be on the X40 a few times to have a trip on the bendy Scanias before they disappear (never been on a bendy example before). I was then planning on going to Middlesbrough but I simply cannot be bothered - I'll go around Chester, Durham, Sunderland and Peterlee I think! (Including visiting the Chester Greggs, Marcus!)

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 30 Jan 2015

(30 Jan 2015, 7:52 pm)northern156 I'm out on the buses for a change tomorrow!

Not got a definitive plan but I'll be in Eldon Square for 0830 before getting the Metro from Haymarket to Northumberland Park for a hearty all-you-can-eat breakfast at the Toby Carvery in Shiremoor. I'll then be on the X40 a few times to have a trip on the bendy Scanias before they disappear (never been on a bendy example before). I was then planning on going to Middlesbrough but I simply cannot be bothered - I'll go around Chester, Durham, Sunderland and Peterlee I think! (Including visiting the Chester Greggs, Marcus!)

You lad.

Have a good time, Sean! Smile

I would suggest getting something from Sunderland to Houghton, then on the new 36 into Chester (Mercs, not OmniCities Big Grin) - or maybe just ride it all the way from Park Lane Interchange? Smile

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - northern156 - 30 Jan 2015

(30 Jan 2015, 7:54 pm)MarcTheA4 You lad.

Have a good time, Sean! Smile

I would suggest getting something from Sunderland to Houghton, then on the new 36 into Chester (Mercs, not OmniCities Big Grin) - or maybe just ride it all the way from Park Lane Interchange? Smile

Forgot the Laser has its new service now, must give it a shot. I know there's a couple of Jesmond Omnicities out of service at the moment so I'm hoping for a Pulsar for my trip home on the 1745 tomorrow evening! (First bus there is a Stagecoach in Cumbria ADL E300 - or, fingers crossed - a MAN A69).

I don't even know where each laser service goes now lol, even after reading all the information on it. I need a paper timetable! Big Grin

Not going to go to the Consett area at all tomorrow, I'd rather keep where the snow isn't around! (Not even for an Olympian!)

EDIT: Actually I think I'll try and get the 0748 GNE X85 from Hexham as I really don't want to go through Throckley, Walbottle etc... I'd rather have a gun to my head at that time in the morning!

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Jimmi - 30 Jan 2015

Think I'll have a relaxing day at home tomorrow, unless I get bored.

I have taken a lot of photos this week and uploaded a lot of photos to Flickr so I think I'll avoid uploading anymore photos for a few days.

I am also trying to avoid going out as much at the moment as I'm trying to save money as I'm looking to buy a new camera.