North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Tom - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:06 pm)MarcTheA4 Northern Rail saying I would need a £1.20 Child Metro DaySaver...Network Rail saying they are valid anyway.

Who is right? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!

A Metro Child DaySaver is valid from Newcastle to Sunderland only.

Nexus CATs are valid Sunderland-Blaydon. 

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:08 pm)Tom A Metro Child DaySaver is valid from Newcastle to Sunderland only.

So that must have been what Lee had as opposed to a £1.10 CAT as he said.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - Adrian - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 4:33 pm)leestransportphotos Well according to Nexus and Northern Rail it isn't any more.....

Have you got a link?

Just called Nexus, and they confirmed that the 'Child Day Ticket' information on their ticket finder is correct, and it clearly states Sunderland to Blaydon.

Northern Rail told me to contact National Rail enquiries, but I ain't ringing 0845 numbers from my mobile.

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - omnicity4659 - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:06 pm)MarcTheA4 Northern Rail saying I would need a £1.20 Child Metro DaySaver...Network Rail saying they are valid anyway.

Who is right? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!

They have absolutely fuck all to do with it. (This isn't meant towards you)

If in doubt, buy an explorer.

Bus Related Outings and Reviews - R852 PRG - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:08 pm)Tom A Metro Child DaySaver is valid from Newcastle to Sunderland only.

Thank you, captain obvious.

Big Grin

(10 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)Tommy_1581 They have absolutely fuck all to do with it. (This isn't meant towards you)

Whoops! Typo - I contacted National Rail not Network Rail! Tongue

(10 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)Robert So that must have been what Lee had as opposed to a £1.10 CAT as he said.

Ah it must of been then!

It is confusing these tickets, half of them are valid Newcastle-Sunderland, and some Blaydon-Sunderland. 

(10 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)MarcTheA4 Thank you, captain obvious.

Big Grin

Cheeky bastard Wink 

(10 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)Tommy_1581 They have absolutely fuck all to do with it. (This isn't meant towards you)

If in doubt, spend over 8x more than you may need to?

(10 Mar 2015, 5:12 pm)aureolin If in doubt, spend over 8x more than you may need to?

They need to have this firmly nailed down if you ask me. No good having some train staff saying this then on the next journey the complete opposite due to the confusion of having so many tickets valid from so many places to another.

(10 Mar 2015, 5:13 pm)MarcTheA4 They need to have this firmly nailed down if you ask me. No good having some train staff saying this then on the next journey the complete opposite due to the confusion of having so many tickets valid from so many places to another.

Ticketing is confusing, but there should be a mechanism to check if in doubt. Too many people in these roles just assume that the customer is trying it on, rather than attempting to apply logic to the situation.

Like I said last night. Don't be afraid to challenge something if you think you're right.

(10 Mar 2015, 5:10 pm)MarcTheA4 Whoops! Typo - I contacted National Rail not Network Rail! Tongue

You're better off buying an Explorer, as things are complicated.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer-tickets

(Look at the Metro, Bus, Train and Ferry section in orange, it states "Most buses, Blaydon to Sunderland rail service and Shields Ferry")

(10 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm)Tommy_1581 You're better off buying an Explorer, as things are complicated.

http://www.networkonetickets.co.uk/tickets/explorer-tickets

(Look at the Metro, Bus, Train and Ferry section in orange, it states "Most buses, Blaydon to Sunderland rail service and Shields Ferry")

So spending £8.40 more is the way forward?

This is the Nexus U16 CAT, Tyne and Wear residents only.

Valid on: METRO BUSES FERRY RAIL
Less information
Young people who have an Under 16 Pop Card can travel on public transport in Tyne and Wear for just £1.10 a day by buying a CAT (Child All-day Ticket).

Don't have an Under 16 Pop Card?
For young people aged under 16 who don't have an Under 16 Pop Card (including those who live outside Tyne and Wear), the following options are available.

Commercial child transfare ticket
Buy a Transfare ticket when you want to travel on two types of transport to make your journey - eg bus and Metro, Metro and ferry, rail and bus, and bus and bus in some areas (call Traveline on 0871 200 22 33 for details). You must get on your second choice of transport within 90 minutes of buying your ticket. The price varies depending upon the operator, as this is a commercial, not concessionary ticket. If you are (or look like you are) 14 or over, you will be charged the adult fare.

Junior Rover
A ticket for children which offers one day's unlimited travel within Tyne and Wear.

Buy a Junior Rover from Metro ticket machines, from all drivers of major bus operators' services, drivers of some smaller operator's services or onboard the Shields Ferry.

For full details about where to buy, where you can travel and prices visit www.networkonetickets.co.uk.

Note: Valid on almost all local bus services/Sunderland-Blaydon rail service only.

Explorer North East child
Valid for children (under 14) at a concessionary price and offers a whole day's unlimited travel in Tyne and Wear and beyond.

For full details about where to buy, where you can travel and prices visit www.explorernortheast.co.uk.

Children under 5
Accompanied children aged under five travel free on all public transport in Tyne and Wear.

Under 16 Card Application.pdf

Big Grin

I think I'll give my taxi driver £90 for a £10 set fare next week, just in case things get a bit complicated.

(10 Mar 2015, 5:17 pm)Tom So spending £8.40 more is the way forward?

Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink

(10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm)Tommy_1581 Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink

I was talking in general...  

If Marcus is using a Nexus U16 CAT, he's fare evading. Wink

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - S813 FVK - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 5:19 pm)Tommy_1581 Aye, 'cause he doesn't live in T&W for a start... Wink

We are talking about Lee here? Based on his Saturday review he starts and ends his journey in Wrekenton. Is that not in Tyne and Wear? It might not be where he lives but its likely...:
"X1 - Wrekenton to Newcastle 
Trainspotting in Newcastle
10 - Newcastle to MetroCentre 
Steam rail tour at MetroCentre
10A - MetroCentre to Newcastle 
Trainspotting in Newcastle
X1 - Newcastle to Wrekenton"

RE: Bus Related Outings and Reviews - DanPicken - 10 Mar 2015

On the topic off U16 Validity I'm still waiting for an answer on why I can't use it between NCL and Manors.

(10 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm)danpick On the topic off U16 Validity I'm still waiting for an answer on why I can't use it between NCL and Manors.

Use the Metro from NCL to MAS. Manors Metro is just a two minute walk from the station.