North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Pricing - Chris - 06 May 2015

(05 May 2015, 3:11 pm)Tom You would think they would reduce their singles too? 

Isn't the concessionary fares reimbursement formula based on an average of the single fare or something?

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 06 May 2015

(06 May 2015, 11:22 am)Chris Isn't the concessionary fares reimbursement formula based on an average of the single fare or something?
Average across all one day tickets I believe. So singles, returns, transfares, day tickets, etc. But not season tickets, i.e. Weekly, monthly and annual passes.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Tom - 07 May 2015

Not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see, but some single fares have also increased as my mam was charged £2.80 as opposed to £2.70 on the 1 today!

Is this the case for all fares?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Malarkey - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 4:32 pm)Tom Not mentioned anywhere as far as I can see, but some single fares have also increased as my mam was charged £2.80 as opposed to £2.70 on the 1 today!

Is this the case for all fares?

Went up Yesterday, still £1.50 from Lambton to The Galleries for me according to the poster on board the 82 I got on Yesterday, think its the Long Distance Single Fares which have gone up i.e. Washington Galleries to Royal Hospital, along with Day/Weekly Savers as a Washington Day Saver is now £3.30 and Week Saver is £11.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Tom - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 4:36 pm)Malarkey Went up Yesterday, still £1.50 from Lambton to The Galleries for me according to the poster on board the 82 I got on Yesterday, think its the Long Distance Single Fares which have gone up i.e. Washington Galleries to Royal Hospital, along with Day/Weekly Savers as a Washington Day Saver is now £3.30 and Week Saver is £11.

Ah right, bit rubbish that nothing was mentioned even though the Buzzfares were. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Dan - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 4:39 pm)Tom Ah right, bit rubbish that nothing was mentioned even though the Buzzfares were. 

A corporate liveried bus I was on today had details of single fares changing. A "Blaydon Racers" branded bus had details of the BuzzFares changing.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Panasonic44 - 07 May 2015

GNE has increased Buzzfares & some Route Savers.

Price increase e.g. Crusader was £13 now £13.30 since May 6th 2015
Buzzfare 3 zones 1 day+ was £7.20 (i think) now £7.80

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2015 - Dan - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 5:44 pm)Panasonic44 GNE has increased Buzzfares & some Route Savers. Also they have confirmed single prices have not been affected.

Price increase e.g. Crusader was £13 now £13.30 since May 6th 2015
Buzzfare 3 zones 1 day+ was £7.20 (i think) now £7.80

Where is this confirmation?

Some adult single fares on a selection of primarily branded routes have increased in price (by 10p), although not all. As an example (in addition to Tom's example above), the adult single fare on the X66 service has increased from £2.70 to £2.80, although the Newcastle & Gateshead day ticket is still priced at £3.50.

This ties in with what cbma06 was saying previously. By and large, bus operators price their single tickets and return or day tickets quite closely. If you ask the driver on the X66 how much a single costs, and s/he advises you that it costs £2.80, while a day ticket is £3.50, you may change your mind and hand over the extra 70p "just in case" you end up needing to come back.

Before this goes off-topic again and we start discussing national fare increases, it's been moved to the appropriate thread (again).

RE: Pricing - Panasonic44 - 07 May 2015

This is from Facebook Chat (Hi ******, information on the fare increases were displayed on our website and on buses prior to the increases. It is only our Buzzfare and some route saver tickets that have increased). I did remove single fares increase in was incorrent.

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 6:23 pm)Panasonic44 This is from Facebook Chat (Hi ******, information on the fare increases were displayed on our website and on buses prior to the increases. It is only our Buzzfare and some route saver tickets that have increased). I did remove single fares increase in was incorrent.

Were they? I've just taken a look again, and definitely can't find anything.

RE: Pricing - Dan - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 6:38 pm)aureolin Were they? I've just taken a look again, and definitely can't find anything.

Much like the posters on-board buses, only the revised fares were displayed.

As you'd expect, the revised fares were noted in the relevant section:
http://www.simplygo.com/prices/

Updated on Tuesday, ready for the changes coming into effect on Wednesday. Rather short notice compared to usual - both fares are usually displayed on this section in the weeks leading up to the revised fares coming into fruition.

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 07 May 2015

(07 May 2015, 6:44 pm)Dan Much like the posters on-board buses, only the revised fares were displayed.

As you'd expect, the revised fares were noted in the relevant section:
http://www.simplygo.com/prices/

Updated on Tuesday, ready for the changes coming into effect on Wednesday. Rather short notice compared to usual - both fares are usually displayed on this section in the weeks leading up to the revised fares coming into fruition.

I wonder why there was no notice given on the website? They're usually posting a link to their website on social media weeks in advance, with full details of all fare changes. I wonder how many people would regularly check the prices page, in case the price of their regular ticket has changed. 

RE: Pricing - L469 YVK - 20 May 2015

Looks like Arriva have striked back on the North Tyneside saver with a Coastliner day saver. Valid on X9, 306 and whole of 308 and £3.70 for the day (20p cheaper) but £1 dearer for the week at £14.00 rather than £13.

RE: Pricing - JakeSavage - 20 May 2015

Oops! Spelling mistake on that prices page... Should be Howdon not howden!

RE: Pricing - L469 YVK - 20 May 2015

Who do you think offers better value for money in North Tyneside? I'd say for the occasional hop, Arruva but if you're making:

- Frequent journeys
- More local links
- Trips across T&W and southern parts of the region

Then GNE offer better value

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 28 May 2015

It appears that along with the recent price revisions for return tickets, Go North East have dropped the word 'Cheap' from their 'Cheap Day Return' product.

.jpg
20150528_150707.JPG
Size 280.78 KB / Downloads 33

It was previously marketed with the 'Cheap' prefix, as shown here:

.png
Screenshot_2015-05-28-15-08-15.png
Size 289.27 KB / Downloads 32

RE: Pricing - idiot - 29 May 2015

As it's not really so cheap anymore Tongue

RE: Pricing - Tom - 29 May 2015

I noticed this on the Coaster yesterday.

So I'm gathering they now have a return option for a £1.50 single?

RE: Pricing - GuyParkRoyal - 10 Jun 2015

I used the Stanley Travel operated service 14 for the first time last night and I was pleasantly surprised that my fare from Arnison Centre to Durham was cheaper than the equivalent GNE 14 service.
Very nice bus too KX15 BLZ complete with seat belts.

RE: Pricing - Adrian - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 7:44 am)GuyParkRoyal I used the Stanley Travel operated service 14 for the first time last night and I was pleasantly surprised that my fare from Arnison Centre to Durham was cheaper than the equivalent GNE 14 service.
Very nice bus too KX15 BLZ complete with seat belts.
What was the fare out of interest?