North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Pricing - Ambassador - 28 Jan 2016

Birtley Northdene to Birtley Library - £1.40 (not even a mile)

Birtley to Beamish Museum - £1.40

Inexplicable unless Beamish are funding it. That's 5 miles for the price off less than a mile. Was stunned that the X12 is also 60p cheaper than the Angel.

RE: Pricing - eezypeazy - 29 Jan 2016

According to the GNE website, there's a £1.40 flat fare in a zone covering Chester-le-Street Town Centre, Birtley, Chester Moor, Waldridge Village, Ouston, Beamish Museum and Great Lumley. There are other town and city flat fare zones, too.

I think I've just explained the 'inexplicable'!

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 8:47 am)eezypeazy According to the GNE website, there's a £1.40 flat fare in a zone covering Chester-le-Street Town Centre, Birtley, Chester Moor, Waldridge Village, Ouston, Beamish Museum and Great Lumley. There are other town and city flat fare zones, too.

I think I've just explained the 'inexplicable'!

I was just looking at that and was wondering if there was a map, showing where the boundaries were for the zones.
According to the GNE site, there are two zones in the Chester area, with no indication as to where those two zones lie
https://www.simplygo.com/town-and-city-fare-zones/.

RE: Pricing - BusLoverMum - 29 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 12:28 pm)Andreos1 I was just looking at that and was wondering if there was a map, showing where the boundaries were for the zones.
According to the GNE site, there are two zones in the Chester area, with no indication as to where those two zones lie
https://www.simplygo.com/town-and-city-fare-zones/.

The other zone is probably Barley Mow-Birtley
https://www.simplygo.com/buzzfare/

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 30 Jan 2016

(29 Jan 2016, 2:31 pm)BusLoverMum The other zone is probably Barley Mow-Birtley
https://www.simplygo.com/buzzfare/

If that is the case, it looks like we could be still waiting for eezypeazy to explain the inexplicable! Wink

The £1.40 flat fare doesn't cover a zone covering Chester-le-Street Town Centre, Birtley, Chester Moor, Waldridge Village, Ouston, Beamish Museum and Great Lumley.
It would be two zones which cover that area and it can cost more than the £1.40 he/she indicated.

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 18 Feb 2016

Call it an inevitable (or predictable) post, but passenger numbers in the NE has dropped for two consecutive years for GNE.

Last year, the economy and road conditions were given as a reason.
This year, economic conditions again.

Despite this drop, revenue has increased, profit has increased and investment in new vehicles has continued.

I wonder if attractive pricing could be introduced to areas lacking growth as opposed to reducing services?

Several services and their pricing structures have been mentioned in the past and I won't mention them specifically in this post.
I do wonder what a pricing promotion would do to passenger numbers mind.

RE: Pricing - Kuyoyo - 02 Mar 2016

Most appropriate thread for this:

From the 3rd April, there are some changes to the Explorer scheme:
  • No discount for concessions
  • The Child Explorer Age Limit raised from 13 to 15
  • Family Tickets introduced for upto 2 Adults and 3 Children.
Prices however are frozen at their 2015 prices:

Adult £9.70
Child £8.50
Family £19.50

RE: Pricing - BusLoverMum - 02 Mar 2016

(02 Mar 2016, 2:21 pm)Kuyoyo Most appropriate thread for this:

From the 3rd April, there are some changes to the Explorer scheme:
  • No discount for concessions
  • The Child Explorer Age Limit raised from 13 to 15
  • Family Tickets introduced for upto 2 Adults and 3 Children.
Prices however are frozen at their 2015 prices:

Adult £9.70
Child £8.50
Family £19.50

Nice. The child ticket doesn't save much over the adult one and never has done, but it's nice that we'll be able to use it a little longer.

Is the family ticket only 2+2, at the moment? If so, that'll be a big improvement for a lot of people.

RE: Pricing - Tom - 13 Mar 2016

Strange pricing on the 1:

Howdon to Newcastle is £2.80 yet to Gateshead it's £2.70. Think there is a error with the ticket machines as it's less to travel a further distance.

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 19 Mar 2016

I forgot to mention that I have found another Deptford based route has a £4.10 fare.

A journey that costs £3.30 on the 20A costs £4.10 on the 36.
The person asking for it looked shocked when the price was quoted and got off, stating how much it was on the 20 and how they would wait for that instead.

RE: Pricing - Tom - 25 Mar 2016

Some of the Stanley fares are very high I noticed - Burnopfield to Metrocentre is £4.10 (even worse when than houghton-Durham for the same price) and Stanley to Metrocentre is £4.80.

But you can get from Hexham to Consett for £4.10 which is four times the distance. I think there should be a review of the fares and the boundaries and also the Buzzfare map as I think they should scrap the Cherry Zone and have Chopwell and Blackhall Mill in the purple zone, Prudhoe, Wylam etc. in the orange zone and Consett, Castleside etc. In the Green Zone. This would reduce fares a lot and increase passenger numbers too no doubt. Doubt it'll happen though.

RE: Pricing - idiot - 25 Mar 2016

I think fares should be dropped on bank holidays in compensation for a poor service by all operators.

RE: Pricing - omnicity4659 - 25 Mar 2016

5th Ave Ashington, 7th Ave Ashington or whatever GNE calls it.

On the 434 its £1 between above stop to Ashington bus station and vice versa - whereas its £1.50 on the 19...

RE: Pricing - Dan - 26 Mar 2016

(25 Mar 2016, 11:50 pm)GX03 SVC 5th Ave Ashington, 7th Ave Ashington or whatever GNE calls it.

On the 434 its £1 between above stop to Ashington bus station and vice versa - whereas its £1.50 on the 19...

The council will be responsible for setting fares on the 434, whereas the 19 will be a commercial decision by Go North East to price a ticket as such.

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 19 Apr 2016

The southern end of Kingsway - Gateshead Interchange is £2.10.
The southern end of Kingsway - Bensham Jockey is £1.30.

RE: Pricing - citaro5284 - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 1:53 pm)Andreos1 The southern end of Kingsway - Gateshead Interchange is £2.10.

And the fare from Bensham Jockey to Gateshead Interchange is ....?

RE: Pricing - park5354 - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 1:53 pm)Andreos1 The southern end of Kingsway - Gateshead Interchange is £2.10.

£1.50 NOT £1.30.

TVTE Fourth Avenue - Gateshead Metro is £1.50.

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 19 Apr 2016

(19 Apr 2016, 3:56 pm)citaro5284 And the fare from Bensham Jockey to Gateshead Interchange is ....?

No idea. Nobody got on.
(19 Apr 2016, 4:44 pm)park5354 £1.50 NOT £1.30.

TVTE Fourth Avenue - Gateshead Metro is £1.50.

My mistake. Thought the guy asked for a £1.30.

RE: Pricing - Ambassador - 24 May 2016

Any Arriva service from Quorum Business Park Entrance to Newcastle £2.40

Walk across the road (an extra minutes walk if that) and its £1.90....you can even seen the bus stops from the other one.

RE: Pricing - MVK 500R - 25 May 2016

£2.80 from Newcastle to Wallsend on the 1. Get the 22/40/12 and it's £2.35.

Sent from my Xperia Z5 Premium