North East Buses
Pricing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Pricing (/showthread.php?tid=324)

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 16 Aug 2022

See the tories are putting " more" money into the system to make it a £2 max fare outside london. Hopefully start by thursday as im going to town for a session!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/bus-fares-could-limited-2-27747026

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 22 Aug 2022

just go a reply from nexus.

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the service TB14 does accept both Concessionary Travel passes, and Network One tickets.

We have spoken to Gateshead Central Taxis with regards to the comments made on social media and it was not themselves who posted this information.
They had already been made aware of the comments from other passengers, however they do not know who posted them.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

RE: Pricing - DeltaMan - 28 Aug 2022

Buckle up folks

https://www.ft.com/content/45213142-fd8d-49ac-b37f-f4ffdae9700a

RE: Pricing - streetdeckfan - 28 Aug 2022

(28 Aug 2022, 11:37 am)DeltaMan Buckle up folks

https://www.ft.com/content/45213142-fd8d-49ac-b37f-f4ffdae9700a

The irony of having to pay to read an article about price rises

RE: Pricing - Ambassador - 29 Aug 2022

Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 29 Aug 2022

(29 Aug 2022, 10:11 am)Ambassador Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place

think they went up to 1.90 with the price rise

RE: Pricing - Andreos1 - 29 Aug 2022

(29 Aug 2022, 10:11 am)Ambassador Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place
Sure they were more than that last time I travelled in that zone.

The website still had them on at the time, but the amount charged had gone up.

RE: Pricing - Ambassador - 29 Aug 2022

Bloody hell, that makes the premium to cross the Tyne an eye watering £1.50.

The saver fare 8s great value for money in comparison

RE: Pricing - Rob44 - 29 Aug 2022

ive seen loads of people on the 29 just ask for gateshead and not get off till newcastle - mainly at the last to home match days but not always

RE: Pricing - BusLoverMum - 29 Aug 2022

(29 Aug 2022, 11:37 am)Ambassador Bloody hell, that makes the premium to cross the Tyne an eye watering £1.50.

The saver fare 8s great value for money in comparison
Cos you need your passport, innit.

RE: Pricing - BusLoverMum - 10 Sep 2022

Just been informed by the driver of the X12 that the rules around using a bus pass with a companion before 9:30am on week days are changing so only one gets on for 50p and the other has to pay full fare.

RE: Pricing - Unber43 - 10 Sep 2022

(10 Sep 2022, 10:26 am)BusLoverMum Just been informed by the driver of the X12 that the rules around using a bus pass with a companion before 9:30am on week days are changing so only one gets on for 50p and the other has to pay full fare.
Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?

RE: Pricing - streetdeckfan - 10 Sep 2022

(10 Sep 2022, 10:34 am)Unber43 Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?
I would assume Durham, I don't think Tyne and Wear let you use a concessionary ticket before 9:30 at all unless you have a hospital appointment or the like.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Pricing - BusLoverMum - 10 Sep 2022

(10 Sep 2022, 10:34 am)Unber43 Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?
County Durham.

RE: Pricing - DaveFromUpNorth - 12 Sep 2022

(29 Aug 2022, 5:47 pm)BusLoverMum Cos you need your passport, innit.

Try the Tyne Tunnel!

RE: Pricing - DeltaMan - 23 Sep 2022

Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?

RE: Pricing - Unber43 - 23 Sep 2022

(23 Sep 2022, 8:03 pm)DeltaMan Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?
I know for GNE I don't know what ticket it is, I assume the Network One, one they just show the driver and they get on.

RE: Pricing - Storx - 23 Sep 2022

(23 Sep 2022, 8:03 pm)DeltaMan Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?

I don't know if you live near a Metro Station but personally I'd get a physical ticket. Bus drivers aren't friendly at using each other's tickets from experience and at least you can get through the Metro barriers without hassle.

Can't comment on scanning the Network One tickets but Explorer tickets don't work between Arriva and GNE and quite often you get snotty drivers, 'Can't use this on here, this is an Arriva bus' or vice versa or idiots who just argue you can't use it at all.

RE: Pricing - deanmachine - 23 Sep 2022

If you want the least hassle, Nexus do a Pop card that you can get Network One on. Unfortunately I don't know the details on how to get it, but it works on all bus ticket machines and taps on the metro barriers too.

RE: Pricing - DeltaMan - 23 Sep 2022

Thanks, the user experience for the Network One mtickets sound pretty rubbish compared to somewhere like West Yorkshire centralised Mcard Mobile where the you get two QR codes when you buy a multi model day or week pass. One for bus and one for train and you just scan without the worry of it going wrong or showing the driver