North East Buses
Go North East State Of The Fleet - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East State Of The Fleet (/showthread.php?tid=4189)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: State Of The Fleet - Rob44 - 14 Jan 2023

(13 Jan 2023, 12:32 pm)Adrian Depends where you draw the line, doesn't it? People have vandalised seats going back decades, so do you stop providing them too?

Vandalism is of course deplorable, but sadly it's something that every business has to factor in to their budgets. More so for those serving the general public, where the rate of vandalism is significantly higher. I'd argue that simply stopping to provide something risks damage to the relationship with the customers you want to retain, not the ones causing the damage.

Bring back the plastic seats Northumbria used on the DD back in the day!!

State Of The Fleet - Theboyle92 - 15 Jan 2023

Personally i think deptfords fleet needs some serious investment as a driver i think ive lost track of the amount of time ive broke down especially behind the wheel of a versa with various engine/electrical and gearbox faults also a couple of the prince bishop streetlights are starting give up the go quite daunting and scary pulling out onto the Houghton cut in rush hour doing 5-10mph foot to the floor because of faults apart from the 2 X-line street decks the last new buses were the 68 plate solos 726-728 and even them are starting to fail, would be nice to see the e-citaro or even a voltra yutong trialled on the 700/33/39a/b or even a 60 if they want to get bums on seats and more people travelling need to show the public they mean business and having buses constantly breaking down does not look good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: State Of The Fleet - Ambassador - 15 Jan 2023

One thing that occurred to me today was the tables on the 21. Clearly designed in the age of pointless gimmicks, The vast majority of passengers make short hops and the tables seem an unnecessary gimmick to have in the space of rows of extra seats

RE: State Of The Fleet - nova347 - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 6:18 pm)Theboyle92 Personally i think deptfords fleet needs some serious investment as a driver i think ive lost track of the amount of time ive broke down especially behind the wheel of a versa with various engine/electrical and gearbox faults also a couple of the prince bishop streetlights are starting give up the go quite daunting and scary pulling out onto the Houghton cut in rush hour doing 5-10mph foot to the floor because of faults apart from the 2 X-line street decks the last new buses were the 68 plate solos 726-728 and even them are starting to fail, would be nice to see the e-citaro or even a voltra yutong trialled on the 700/33/39a/b or even a 60 if they want to get bums on seats and more people travelling need to show the public they mean business and having buses constantly breaking down does not look good.

I think the whole of Sunderlands fleets failing apart, the Versas look yellow and dingy inside, a lot of the interior lights don't work, and seat are rock solid. The Drifters seats are so quite hard and 5369/5370/5372 all struggle to climb hills. 69 just screams the whole bus journey. I really loved the citaros, I would pick a Citaro over any GNE vehicle. The Ex-Saltwell park seats are particularly bad.

Honestly, they should make a new order for the 20/2/2A/60 as these are always quite busy and seem the best routes to get new buses.

Prince Bishops should go onto the 35 & 61. Drifters can go into Spare roles at Deptford or go onto the 39 making it every 20 mins service. 8339-8346 could go onto 49/49A with a refurb, or that could be what 5369-76 go onto.

RE: State Of The Fleet - Unber43 - 15 Jan 2023

Tbf the 4 should also get new buses, the eCitaro would be a perfect fit. And the ex-Connections4 should go onto 35.

(15 Jan 2023, 7:04 pm)nova347 I think the whole of Sunderlands fleets failing apart, the Versas look yellow and dingy inside, a lot of the interior lights don't work, and seat are rock solid. The Drifters seats are so quite hard and 5369/5370/5372 all struggle to climb hills. 69 just screams the whole bus journey. I really loved the citaros, I would pick a Citaro over any GNE vehicle. The Ex-Saltwell park seats are particularly bad.

Honestly, they should make a new order for the 20/2/2A/60 as these are always quite busy and seem the best routes to get new buses.

Prince Bishops should go onto the 35 & 61. Drifters can go into Spare roles at Deptford or go onto the 39 making it every 20 mins service. 8339-8346 could go onto 49/49A with a refurb, or that could be what 5369-76 go onto.

5370 if you watch it back up at park lane looks like the west indian dope smoking team in the engine bay constantly blowing black smoke out of it but 5369 is the better one of all the drifter streetlights would like to see deckers on the 20/20A or something with a bit of power for houghton cut or crossing the A690 at west rainton and definitely new buses for the 2/2A and a route change for it but thats for a different thread…we all know what will happen though Riverside or Consett will get new buses 1st and old stock will get cascaded to Deptford.

State Of The Fleet - Dan - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 7:14 pm)Unber43 Tbf the 4 should also get new buses, the eCitaro would be a perfect fit. And the ex-Connections4 should go onto 35.

Where would the electric charging infrastructure go at Washington?

(15 Jan 2023, 6:24 pm)Ambassador One thing that occurred to me today was the tables on the 21. Clearly designed in the age of pointless gimmicks,  The vast majority of passengers make short hops and the tables seem an unnecessary gimmick to have in the space of rows of extra seats
I don't think tables take up any space, as the seats are just turned around, if they were both facing forward, the space in the footwell on both rows would equal the size that needs a table put in the middle,

(15 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm)Dan Where would the electric charging infrastructure go at Washington?

Perhaps something may change on the 4 route to possibly send it to Sunderland and it be ran from there. 

There are several things you can do with the 4 extending it into Sunderland.

(15 Jan 2023, 7:14 pm)Theboyle92 5370 if you watch it back up at park lane looks like the west indian dope smoking team in the engine bay constantly blowing black smoke out of it but 5369 is the better one of all the drifter streetlights would like to see deckers on the 20/20A or something with a bit of power for houghton cut or crossing the A690 at west rainton and definitely new buses for the 2/2A and a route change for it but thats for a different thread…we all know what will happen though Riverside or Consett will get new buses 1st and old stock will get cascaded to Deptford.

20/20A defo need a route with a bit of power you've got the A690 to start with the main road, then you've got the houghton hill I remember crawling up their in a SPD, and youve got the roads at the Raintons which can be a pain to get out of at all times. 

I think with the X20 not coming back it would be smart to get deckers on the 20 personally I would like to see either StreetDecks or MCV Deckers. 

Consett where all the investment had gone...that worked out well didn't it. 

Also what would u change the 2/2A too?

(15 Jan 2023, 7:47 pm)Unber43 Perhaps something may change on the 4 route to possibly send it to Sunderland and it be ran from there. 

There are several things you can do with the 4 extending it into Sunderland.

20/20A defo need a route with a bit of power you've got the A690 to start with the main road, then you've got the houghton hill I remember crawling up their in a SPD, and youve got the roads at the Raintons which can be a pain to get out of at all times. 

I think with the X20 not coming back it would be smart to get deckers on the 20 personally I would like to see either StreetDecks or MCV Deckers. 

Consett where all the investment had gone...that worked out well didn't it. 

Also what would u change the 2/2A too?

If the range and infrastructure was there would have the BYD E400 Citys drove a few in the past and fantastic buses I think streetdecks may struggle on the cut if they are not looked after and with regard to the 2-2A i would have it run via ryhope green rather than black road and also make it a loop and remove the 39B section from doxford park to washington and have the 2s run from Silksworth to Washington via Doxford park A690 turn at the Board Inn and do the 39B route , other option i would like to see wrightbus hawks replace majority of streetlight/versas and even the remaining citaros and have a near standard fleet at the depot may keep maintenance costs down.

RE: State Of The Fleet - Malarkey - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 7:15 pm)Dan Where would the electric charging infrastructure go at Washington?

Could operate the 4 out of Riverside and have the 57 pass over to Washington in exchange.

RE: State Of The Fleet - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 6:18 pm)Theboyle92 Personally i think deptfords fleet needs some serious investment as a driver i think ive lost track of the amount of time ive broke down especially behind the wheel of a versa with various engine/electrical and gearbox faults also a couple of the prince bishop streetlights are starting give up the go quite daunting and scary pulling out onto the Houghton cut in rush hour doing 5-10mph foot to the floor because of faults apart from the 2 X-line street decks the last new buses were the 68 plate solos 726-728 and even them are starting to fail, would be nice to see the e-citaro or even a voltra yutong trialled on the 700/33/39a/b or even a 60 if they want to get bums on seats and more people travelling need to show the public they mean business and having buses constantly breaking down does not look good.

Tbf, I thought they'd been like that since new. 
Many a time I've got off in Sunderland suffering from whiplash after some sort of gear/engine issue resulted in a jolt on that slip road.

RE: State Of The Fleet - citaro5284 - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 8:15 pm)Malarkey Could operate the 4 out of Riverside and have the 57 pass over to Washington in exchange.

Canny bit of dead mileage there isnt there.....buses will have used canny bit of their charge just getting to and from starting places

(15 Jan 2023, 8:07 pm)Theboyle92 If the range and infrastructure was there would have the BYD E400 Citys drove a few in the past and fantastic buses I think streetdecks may struggle on the cut if they are not looked after and with regard to the 2-2A i would have it run via ryhope green rather than black road and also make it a loop and remove the 39B section from doxford park to washington and have the 2s run from Silksworth to Washington via Doxford park A690 turn at the Board Inn and do the 39B route , other option i would like to see wrightbus hawks replace majority of streetlight/versas and even the remaining citaros and have a near standard fleet at the depot may keep maintenance costs down.

I really like the Wrightbus Hawks or use GB Kites the Hydrogen/Electric options if GNE want to invest the infrastructure into Depford.

RE: State Of The Fleet - Storx - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 8:30 pm)citaro5284 Canny bit of dead mileage there isnt there.....buses will have used canny bit of their charge just getting to and from starting places

Not sure if they could even last the day on there, it's the complete wrong type of bus route for electric buses atm which are designed for city work and pottering around at 20 mph all day not going 50mph+ on NSL roads.

(15 Jan 2023, 9:35 pm)nova347 I really like the Wrightbus Hawks or use GB Kites the Hydrogen/Electric options if GNE want to invest the infrastructure into Depford.

As far as I'm aware there hasn't been a single electric or hydrogen bus bought in the whole of the UK without government intervention (ie grants) and can't see that happening anytime soon. They're more expensive to buy and they won't be investing in any infrastructure as it's not cheap for little gain really.

There's no other Zebra rounds around atm as far as I'm aware.

(15 Jan 2023, 9:43 pm)Storx Not sure if they could even last the day on there, it's the complete wrong type of bus route for electric buses atm which are designed for city work and pottering around at 20 mph all day not going 50mph+ on NSL roads.

As far as I'm aware there hasn't been a single electric or hydrogen bus bought in the whole of the UK without government intervention (ie grants) and can't see that happening anytime soon. They're more expensive to buy and they won't be investing in any infrastructure as it's not cheap for little gain really.

There's no other Zebra rounds around atm as far as I'm aware.
Im pretty sure its more expensive to charge Electric Buses than Diesel. 

Tbf Just order more diesel buses.

RE: State Of The Fleet - idiot - 15 Jan 2023

How do GNE get away with parking the buses all over btw?

RE: State Of The Fleet - EastCoastMXZ1751 - 15 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 7:14 pm)Unber43 Tbf the 4 should also get new buses, the eCitaro would be a perfect fit. And the ex-Connections4 should go onto 35.

I think volvo B8R MCV evoras would be perfect for the 4, solid buses and high capacity single decker buses at 49 seats or 46 with a wheelchair which is good fir the 4 as its a busy route. I'd also say chuck afew extras in for the X66.

State Of The Fleet - Dan - 16 Jan 2023

(15 Jan 2023, 9:52 pm)idiot How do GNE get away with parking the buses all over btw?

They aren’t parked on the main road overnight - they all, eventually, get parked in the depot (but until 23:00 they need to be able to drive straight through).

RE: State Of The Fleet - idiot - 16 Jan 2023

(16 Jan 2023, 4:15 am)Dan They aren’t parked on the main road overnight - they all, eventually, get parked in the depot (but until 23:00 they need to be able to drive straight through).

Ahh ok Smile