North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 17 Mar 2015

(17 Mar 2015, 4:38 pm)MarcTheA4 I spot we have another Diamond Citaro on the forum...Big Grin.

I noticed that we had another Eco Green StreetLite too - "nk64 eea 1579". No doubt that it's a spam account because he/she left the forum at the same time they registered.

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 18 Mar 2015

Did you know?

In England and Wales, there are only 5 people with the surname 'Anus'?
Interesting, isn't it.   Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 18 Mar 2015

Latest stats from my account;

Wednesday, January 21st, 2015
Less than 1 minute ago
Total Posts:
957 (17 posts per day | 0.91 percent of total posts)
(Find All Posts)
Total Threads:
8 (0.14 threads per day | 0.94 percent of total threads)
(Find All Threads)
Time Spent Online:
6 Days, 18 Hours, 20 Minutes, 39 Seconds

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 18 Mar 2015

Sex toy thief 'accidently' stole Rampant Rabbit vibrator from Sunderland Ann Summers store.
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sex-toy-thief-accidentally-stole-rampant-rabbit-vibrator-from-sunderland-ann-summers-store-1-7161898

Remove if inappropriate.

Also other sex toys are available (probably)

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 18 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm)Jimmi Sex toy thief 'accidently' stole Rampant Rabbit vibrator from Sunderland Ann Summers store.
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/sex-toy-thief-accidentally-stole-rampant-rabbit-vibrator-from-sunderland-ann-summers-store-1-7161898

Remove if inappropriate.

Bet he was buzzing all the way to the police station.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 18 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm)Jimmi Sex toy thief 'accidently' stole Rampant Rabbit vibrator from Sunderland Ann Summers store.

Remove if inappropriate.

(18 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm)Michael Bet he was buzzing all the way to the police station.
It was Marcus' Sex Ed teacher, getting ready to learn them Sex Ed Big Grin

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 18 Mar 2015

Anybody else sometimes ask themselves ''why it is like I like buses?''

I sometimes do sit and wonder, whilst I enjoy my hobby and do intend to keep doing it throughout my childhood, I sometimes can't help but feel it is a little sad (going out riding buses all day then coming home to write a big review). I could be out with friends, etc., but I choose to go out and explore, something I can't quite understand.

I can never make my own mind up about the hobby. Sometimes I think ''at least I'm not lying around in the house, wasting a day playing video games, and I'm getting out and about''. Then, sometimes I think, ''isn't it a bit of a waste of money, riding buses for a day?''.

I guess I'm one of those undecidable people.

(18 Mar 2015, 10:34 pm)MarcTheA4 Anybody else sometimes ask themselves ''why it is like I like buses?''

I sometimes do sit and wonder, whilst I enjoy my hobby and do intend to keep doing it throughout my childhood, I sometimes can't help but feel it is a little sad (going out riding buses all day then coming home to write a big review). I could be out with friends, etc., but I choose to go out and explore, something I can't quite understand.

I can never make my own mind up about the hobby. Sometimes I think ''at least I'm not lying around in the house, wasting a day playing video games, and I'm getting out and about''. Then, sometimes I think, ''isn't it a bit of a waste of money, riding buses for a day?''.

I guess I'm one of those undecidable people.
Think I am a bit like this too, sometimes when I'm out taking photos I just stand there and think "why am I doing this, I am a very strange person" especially think this when the photo taking goes wrong or I'm sat on Flickr and no-one views my photos.

Although there is other things that make me think like this.

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 18 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 10:43 pm)Jimmi Think I am a bit like this too, sometimes when I'm out taking photos I just stand there and think "why am I doing this, I am a very strange person" especially think this when the photo taking goes wrong or I'm sat on Flickr and no-one views my photos.

Although there is other things that make me think like this.

I'm similar.

I'm always a bit hesitant at taking my camera out of my coat pocket, for some reason I feel the minute I lift it to my eyes - the whole place stops and everyone has their eyes fixed on me.

I've never had any bother about it at school, which I consider myself lucky. However, I do feel guilty about this. I've never quite been able to understand why me (someone with an ''odd'' hobby) is never really given any hassle. I can only put it down to the fact that people love my dry sense of humour, and the fact that it comes in really useful (which bus goes where, how much it will be, what time it comes, etc.) is an added perk.

The thing that makes me feel a little self-conscious is the idea that when I'm not present, people could be talking about it calling weird, etc., and I'm oblivious to it.

I don't know what it is, but I do sometimes just wonder why I bother.

Yet, that said, I suppose it's just my way of coping with the harshness of the world. Some people love going to football matches to watch 22 men chase each other around a field after a ball (that's put it into perspective for you!! Wink) yet I enjoy going to various places, with no real aim, to sample different types of buses, etc., I do sometimes feel a bit odd myself.

Also, I'm a very miserable person at times. If my day is going terrible, I tend to be a bit rude to people, and I usually have the same problem each time one of those days come about.

But, at the end of the day, it's my hobby. I enjoy doing it, and it's nobody else's. If they have a problem with it - they can go and watch 22 men kick a ball around a field (then take their shirts off following that).

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 18 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 8:06 pm)Michael Bet he was buzzing all the way to the police station.
Sorry Michael, had to nick that for my Status update on Facebook and Twitter

(18 Mar 2015, 10:53 pm)MarcTheA4 I'm similar.

I'm always a bit hesitant at taking my camera out of my coat pocket, for some reason I feel the minute I lift it to my eyes - the whole place stops and everyone has their eyes fixed on me.

I've never had any bother about it at school, which I consider myself lucky. However, I do feel guilty about this. I've never quite been able to understand why me (someone with an ''odd'' hobby) is never really given any hassle. I can only put it down to the fact that people love my dry sense of humour, and the fact that it comes in really useful (which bus goes where, how much it will be, what time it comes, etc.) is an added perk.

The thing that makes me feel a little self-conscious is the idea that when I'm not present, people could be talking about it calling weird, etc., and I'm oblivious to it.

I don't know what it is, but I do sometimes just wonder why I bother.

Yet, that said, I suppose it's just my way of coping with the harshness of the world. Some people love going to football matches to watch 22 men chase each other around a field after a ball (that's put it into perspective for you!! Wink) yet I enjoy going to various places, with no real aim, to sample different types of buses, etc., I do sometimes feel a bit odd myself.

Also, I'm a very miserable person at times. If my day is going terrible, I tend to be a bit rude to people, and I usually have the same problem each time one of those days come about.

But, at the end of the day, it's my hobby. I enjoy doing it, and it's nobody else's. If they have a problem with it - they can go and watch 22 men kick a ball around a field (then take their shirts off following that).
For me it's not totally being self conscious it is just me thinking that I could be doing something that normal people would do such as watch football, go out with people I know, anything normal people would do rather than taking out a camera and take photos of something most people just think of something to get them from A-B.

But this is who I am.

I don't have grief from anyone I know as very few people know that I actually do this although I am slightly worried about my friends finding out as this hobby isn't exactly normal although I would hope my friends would not make a deal of it if they found out, couldn't care less really if people I know but I hate find out though. Thinking of excuses for if Arriva do any MAX/Sapphire launches in Durham, I will probably just say I am interested in photography - in fairness that is true, I am just neglecting to tell them what I normally take photos of.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 19 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Jimmi For me it's not totally being self conscious it is just me thinking that I could be doing something that normal people would do such as watch football, go out with people I know, anything normal people would do rather than taking out a camera and take photos of something most people just think of something to get them from A-B.

But this is who I am.

I don't have grief from anyone I know as very few people know that I actually do this although I am slightly worried about my friends finding out as this hobby isn't exactly normal although I would hope my friends would not make a deal of it if they found out, couldn't care less really if people I know but I hate find out though. Thinking of excuses for if Arriva do any MAX/Sapphire launches in Durham, I will probably just say I am interested in photography - in fairness that is true, I am just neglecting to tell them what I normally take photos of.

Define normal...

What is not normal about what we do, just because others may think we are freaks, it does not make it not normal, if it is all you've known, then to you, it is normal, to me, it is normal...

I personally could not give 2 shits if people think I am weirdo or freak, that is there small minded problem...I was quite shy and self-concious at first...I am quite lucky most of my friends know what I do, they can extract the urine now and again, but they normally leave me to it and they know when to stop, my family is the same and the bit knowledge I have of bus services means mates come to me and trust me to give them the right information. When I am out alone, I try to look as normal as possible and normally don't do anything so that I stick out like a sore thumb.

I always think if you have the 'it is normal attitude' then you do not enjoy as much as you and normally happens with that attitude is you drift away and leave it behind...

I hope you and Marcus don't start drifting away, it would be a real shame if that happened

I must be trying to break the world record for how many times I use the word normal in a post, normally, that would be seen as not being normal [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 19 Mar 2015

One for a Star Wars geek...

With the film series being known for it's many continuity errors, one thing that does connect things is that the last line in Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith (2005) and the first line in Episode 4: A New Hope (1977) was spoken by C3PO.

Last line of Episode 3: (to nobody in particular) Oh no...
First line of Episode 4: (to R2D2) Did you hear that? They've shut down the main reactor, we'll be destroyed for sure!

Also, in the exact same location. 

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 19 Mar 2015

(18 Mar 2015, 11:08 pm)Jimmi I don't have grief from anyone I know as very few people know that I actually do this although I am slightly worried about my friends finding out as this hobby isn't exactly normal although I would hope my friends would not make a deal of it if they found out, couldn't care less really if people I know but I hate find out though. Thinking of excuses for if Arriva do any MAX/Sapphire launches in Durham, I will probably just say I am interested in photography - in fairness that is true, I am just neglecting to tell them what I normally take photos of.

Hmmm.
When I was at the Morpeth MAX launch, almost everybody had a camera of some sort, but that's probably because of Titan.  Big Grin

Haven't really done the Sapphire launches (forum goes speechless) to see what it's like.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2015

(19 Mar 2015, 6:57 pm)Tommy_1581 Hmmm.
When I was at the Morpeth MAX launch, almost everybody had a camera of some sort, but that's probably because of Titan.  Big Grin

Haven't really done the Sapphire launches (forum goes speechless) to see what it's like.
Yeah lots of people tend to have cameras at the MAX launches, some will be people interested in photography, some will just want photos of Titan, some may work for things like local newspapers and some will be us enthusiasts, although I didn't go to that one.

Sapphire launches are a bit different depending on what occurs in the launch, the launch for the X21/X22 was mostly enthusiasts and the odd official photographer getting photos of the buses and the Wills and Kate lookalikes. Pretty similar story for the 306 launch but there was practically no-one there, me, Dan and a few other enthusiasts were about the only people at that one and the odd dog walker's going past.

Did get a bit put off photography this afternoon as it felt like I was being watched like a contestant on Big Brother.

Anything and Everything - LeeCalder - 19 Mar 2015

I remember going to the Stagecoach 'QuayLink' launch with my mam when I was younger, all I can remember from that is running around the house with my QuayLink paperbus like a screaming banshee

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 19 Mar 2015

Just received an email from Tapatalk with forums they have picked for me, we have got:

Darlo Uncovered - unofficial Darlington fans forum
Depression Forums
Close Protection World
OfficerCadet.com - merchant navy community
FMHVibe - Football Manager Handheld
EMTLife
Cruise Critic - World's largest community dedicated to cruising (no I will not be sending photos of my knob for you - I think that's what they mean by cruising Big Grin )
Public Transport and Coach Talk

Some random choices there like.

(19 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm)Jimmi Just received an email from Tapatalk with forums they have picked for me, we have got:

Darlo Uncovered - unofficial Darlington fans forum
Depression Forums
Close Protection World
OfficerCadet.com - merchant navy community
FMHVibe - Football Manager Handheld
EMTLife
Cruise Critic - World's largest community dedicated to cruising (no I will not be sending photos of my knob for you - I think that's what they mean by cruising Big Grin )
Public Transport and Coach Talk

Some random choices there like.

Wow...That is random and quite coincidental, I am a member of 3 of those

Darlo Uncovered(Possibly Scott aka tyresmoke as well)
Depression Forums
FMHvibe

I wonder if those recommendations are based on other users from this site who use tapatalk 😕

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 19 Mar 2015

If it's basing it from other members, then who's going to fess up as being on 'Cruise Critic'?! Tongue

(19 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm)aureolin If it's basing it from other members, then who's going to fess up as being on 'Cruise Critic'?!
I am also wondering if we have anyone who is interested in joining the Merchant Navy(officercadets.com) as a Medic(emtlife) who one day fancies joining MI6(close protection world)