North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm)MurdnunoC Is there not a cafe located within the bus station?

I seem to recall there was at some point. I could be getting mixed up with Middlesbrough though.

That closed down about 5 years ago I think. It briefly spent some time as a chippy, but then that closed as well. It's been empty for the past 2 or 3 years.

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm)MurdnunoC Is there not a cafe located within the bus station?

I seem to recall there was at some point. I could be getting mixed up with Middlesbrough though.

There is/was a café right outside of Middlesbrough Bus Station which served quite a nice breakfast. For the amount of food you get (or perhaps did get - not sure if it's still open), it's really good value for money.

Don't recall one in Durham Bus Station, but do remember the chip shop there. Now another chip shop just outside of the bus station.

RE: Anything and Everything - northern156 - 30 Mar 2015

Spoons for definite! Wicket Gate is pretty decent. Best value breakfast from spoons, £3 for a decent plate with non-stop coffee for only 69p!

Could do with one now in fact... btw they stop serving at 12 noon. Smile

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm)northern156 Spoons for definite! Wicket Gate is pretty decent. Best value breakfast from spoons, £3 for a decent plate with non-stop coffee for only 69p!

Could do with one now in fact... btw they stop serving at 12 noon. Smile

Thanks for the recommendation, Sean. The Wicket Gate in Chester-le-Street... What can I say about it! Men bouncing out of there at 10 on a Saturday morning, drunk as skunks! Never ate there though, so I may try it in the future.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adam - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm)MarcTheA4 Feeling in the mood for a Full English Breakfast tomorrow...

Anyone know of any good places within a stone's throw of Durham Bus Station? Smile

I know it's not Durham or Chester-Le-Street, but if you're ever over in Newcastle, I would recommend Café M beside Manors Metro. Me and my uni friends sometimes go there on a Friday as we're only in 9-10am, so to make the most of coming in for just an hour, we occasionally go there afterwards.

They serve a thing called a "Hangover Breakfast". It's fantastic. Two large sausages, two eggs, two rashers of bacon, huge ladleful of beans, tomatoes, hash brown, mushrooms and two whole slices of toast on this geet big plate. All for £7.99. I can't remember if it includes a cup of tea or not though.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 30 Mar 2015

After much deliberation over which version to buy I have finally bought my nephew a Raspberry Pi 2 for his ninth birthday.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in using one?

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 11:06 pm)MurdnunoC After much deliberation over which version to buy I have finally bought my nephew a Raspberry Pi 2 for his ninth birthday.

Any experiences?

Never heard of one, so after researching it, it appears to be quite a mechanical-looking machine. I would have no idea how to use it/what it's for! Tongue

Is your nephew a bit of a computer/technology fan, Adam? If so, it could prove to be a smart investment. He may learn life skills from this item, which lead him down a path into a future career, which is possible, seeing as the majority of jobs these days are of some technological capacity.

Don't know where that came from! Big Grin

#deepthinkingfromMarcus

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 30 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 11:12 pm)MarcTheA4 Never heard of one, so after researching it, it appears to be quite a mechanical-looking machine. I would have no idea how to use it/what it's for! Tongue

Is your nephew a bit of a computer/technology fan, Adam? If so, it could prove to be a smart investment. He may learn life skills from this item, which lead him down a path into a future career, which is possible, seeing as the majority of jobs these days are of some technological capacity.

Don't know where that came from! Big Grin

#deepthinkingfromMarcus

That's the reason I bought it for him - as a learning tool. 

You can use it for hacking/programming or build things using peripheral hardware like cameras and robots.

I wish things like this were around when I was his age. The young-uns have it easy these days!

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 31 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm)MarcTheA4 Feeling in the mood for a Full English Breakfast tomorrow...

Anyone know of any good places within a stone's throw of Durham Bus Station? Smile

There is a Mexican cafe just down from the bus station, that does full English breakfasts.
Never sat down, but had a few bits and bobs to take away.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 31 Mar 2015

(30 Mar 2015, 10:09 pm)MarcTheA4 Thanks for the recommendation, Sean. The Wicket Gate in Chester-le-Street... What can I say about it! Men bouncing out of there at 10 on a Saturday morning, drunk as skunks! Never ate there though, so I may try it in the future.
Did you get your breakfast? Smile

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 9:15 am)aureolin Did you get your breakfast? Smile

Had one in the house instead... Yum. Tongue

Heading to Durham in the afternoon.

RE: Anything and Everything - Malarkey - 31 Mar 2015

Had a bit of a mixed day, so rather than make two separate posts in two threads, I thought id just put it in here.

Firstly is my Annoyance of the Day, Waited half hour for the 2 to go to Sunderland and I then found that Paypal/Yahoo had been cheeky little bastards and took £17.35 out of my Bank Account, for the Renewal of my Flickr Account, this is despite me having my Account set not to Automatically Renew, Furthermore they didnt even bother alerting me to my Account Subcription being about to run out via Email or prompt me to Renew on Flickr itself, anyway Halifax put me through to make a Dispute Claim, so I can get the £17.35 back as atm I cant afford to Renew my Flickr Account, although I was going to Renew it when I had bit more Money in a few weeks time.

Secondly I came across a Job on Universal Jobmatch while doing Job Search in Ingeus this afternoon, but I am unsure whether to go ahead and apply for it, Basically it is a Bar Job working Overseas (Destination Unknown) on a 6 Month Renewable Contract, The Company pays for all Travel Costs and supplies Accommodation with the Position, Working approx 45 Hours a Week earning an average Salary of 2000 Euros a Month, which is around £2600 including Tips which are Tax Free, All I need is a Passport and 6 Months Experience in a Busy Bar Environment, oh and be fluent in English and have a Clean Criminal Record, I have all but the Passport although Ingeus said they would cover the cost for that if I do decide to Apply and of course get the Job when speaking to my Advisor about it.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 01 Apr 2015

Google Maps Pacman Mode:
https://www.google.com/maps/@54.9553816,-1.7245209,18z/data=!1e3

It may be an April Fools special so I don't know how long it will last!

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 01 Apr 2015

(01 Apr 2015, 8:08 am)MurdnunoC Google Maps Pacman Mode:
https://www.google.com/maps/@54.9553816,-1.7245209,18z/data=!1e3

It may be an April Fools special so I don't know how long it will last!
Yeah will be, just did a Google search and apparently last year they did something to do with Pokemon and I think it was something to do with a treasure map the year before that.

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 01 Apr 2015

I know this is not funny or anything, death is not something I will disrespect or laugh at...But this story on the Daily Mail Site grabbed my attention...

What a place to die

Man decorating family grave killed by falling headstone

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 01 Apr 2015

Got some microwave meals from Marks and Spencer, just for placement for lunch, but i remembered i'm only in once this week instead of twice, so having on now... i have to say even the microwave meals are nice, having meatballs and spaghetti

RE: Anything and Everything - omnicity4659 - 01 Apr 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 9:36 pm)Malarkey Had a bit of a mixed day, so rather than make two separate posts in two threads, I thought id just put it in here.

Firstly is my Annoyance of the Day, Waited half hour for the 2 to go to Sunderland and I then found that Paypal/Yahoo had been cheeky little bastards and took £17.35 out of my Bank Account, for the Renewal of my Flickr Account, this is despite me having my Account set not to Automatically Renew, Furthermore they didnt even bother alerting me to my Account Subcription being about to run out via Email or prompt me to Renew on Flickr itself, anyway Halifax put me through to make a Dispute Claim, so I can get the £17.35 back as atm I cant afford to Renew my Flickr Account, although I was going to Renew it when I had bit more Money in a few weeks time.

Secondly I came across a Job on Universal Jobmatch while doing Job Search in Ingeus this afternoon, but I am unsure whether to go ahead and apply for it, Basically it is a Bar Job working Overseas (Destination Unknown) on a 6 Month Renewable Contract, The Company pays for all Travel Costs and supplies Accommodation with the Position, Working approx 45 Hours a Week earning an average Salary of 2000 Euros a Month, which is around £2600 including Tips which are Tax Free, All I need is a Passport and 6 Months Experience in a Busy Bar Environment, oh and be fluent in English and have a Clean Criminal Record, I have all but the Passport although Ingeus said they would cover the cost for that if I do decide to Apply and of course get the Job when speaking to my Advisor about it.

I never knew that you had to renew Flickr accounts? Why is that?

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 01 Apr 2015

(01 Apr 2015, 12:03 pm)Tommy_1581 I never knew that you had to renew Flickr accounts? Why is that?

Adam is referring to his "Pro" subscription. It's not available on Flickr any more, and once your subscription runs out (if it is not set to automatically renew), you cannot get "Pro" again.

The main difference between what is available to all users now and "Pro" is the account statistics. You can see how many views your photostream and/or individual photos have had in total with "Pro", but very few users have access to it now as they haven't renewed their subscription.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Andreos1 - 01 Apr 2015

Keith...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fan-who-thought-8955769

One date included meeting a lass in Park Lane, getting the bus from Heworth to Middlesbrough later that morning and treating her to a meal at Greggs.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 01 Apr 2015

(01 Apr 2015, 2:33 pm)Andreos1 Keith...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-fan-who-thought-8955769

One date included meeting a lass in Park Lane, getting the bus from Heworth to Middlesbrough later that morning and treating her to a meal at Greggs.
You can tell he uses the Fab Fifty Six on a Regular Basis just by looking at him.