North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 20 Aug 2014

(20 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The died down quite a bit when they were moved a few years back from one area of the site, to another - I think a whole new board was set up too.
It was, and the drupal based forum was very unfriendly for users. Their moderation policy was as anal as their photography policy too.

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 21 Aug 2014

There's a "Traincrew" vacancy being advertised by Metro at the moment if it interests anyone. http://www.nexus.org.uk/careers/vacancies-metro

Out of interest - does anyone know what they mean when they refer to 'local government pension scheme'? Is this entry into one of the traditional final salary schemes that used to be offered, or is it just a bog standard defined contributions scheme?

Other perks look decent, apart from the holiday allowance. Sad

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 21 Aug 2014

Interesting that they suggest their staff passes are only valid on buses within Tyne and Wear... Must be able to get further away for free as a bus company employee!

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 21 Aug 2014

(21 Aug 2014, 7:39 pm)Dan Interesting that they suggest their staff passes are only valid on buses within Tyne and Wear... Must be able to get further away for free as a bus company employee!

You can travel anywhere within the Explorer North East area, so I've been led to believe.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 21 Aug 2014

(21 Aug 2014, 7:32 pm)aureolin There's a "Traincrew" vacancy being advertised by Metro at the moment if it interests anyone. http://www.nexus.org.uk/careers/vacancies-metro

Out of interest - does anyone know what they mean when they refer to 'local government pension scheme'? Is this entry into one of the traditional final salary schemes that used to be offered, or is it just a bog standard defined contributions scheme?

Other perks look decent, apart from the holiday allowance. Sad

Do final salary schemes still exist for new entrants?
I imagine it is the 3%-12% contribution scheme (or similar).

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 21 Aug 2014

(21 Aug 2014, 8:39 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Do final salary schemes still exist for new entrants?
I imagine it is the 3%-12% contribution scheme (or similar).

Corporate greed took over on the most part, but yes they're still in existence. East Coast still offer them, and look at the profits they're still pumping into the Treasury. Wink

I'd thought even local government had dropped to a defined contributions scheme for new entrants. Usually as bad as just like for like matching up to 10%.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 21 Aug 2014

Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

The young lad with cystic fibrosis who is on tonight is over the moon that he can sleep during the night without hes oxygen, it really brings it home im lucky because hes dream is to sleep at hes mates Sad

(21 Aug 2014, 8:47 pm)aureolin Corporate greed took over on the most part, but yes they're still in existence. East Coast still offer them, and look at the profits they're still pumping into the Treasury. Wink

I'd thought even local government had dropped to a defined contributions scheme for new entrants. Usually as bad as just like for like matching up to 10%.

They probably have.
I got a local government one started a few years ago and it is like the one mentioned above.
It has probably reduced for new entrants now.

I don't work there now, so just letting it sit for the time being.

(21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Michael Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

The young lad with cystic fibrosis who is on tonight is over the moon that he can sleep during the night without hes oxygen, it really brings it home im lucky because hes dream is to sleep at hes mates Sad

Aye, makes you think.
Don't think it is a secret that one of my bairns was in there last year (and when he was born - not sure I have mentioned that before).

We are all lucky to have the facility so close to home.
You never know when you need it.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 21 Aug 2014

(21 Aug 2014, 9:01 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Aye, makes you think.
Don't think it is a secret about one of my bairns being there last year (and when he was born - not sure I have mentioned that before).

We are all lucky to have the facility so close to home.
You never know when you need it.

It really does, the nurses and drs etc do alot of work and all seem canny. It also comes to you when most can do their own needles etc?

I was over the moon for him when he was told he could sleep out at hes mates.

I didnt know Andreos, i hope all was ok. Sorry if i brought back bad memories.

(21 Aug 2014, 9:05 pm)Michael It really does, the nurses and drs etc do alot of work and all seem canny. It also comes to you when most can do their own needles etc?

I was over the moon for him when he was told he could sleep out at hes mates.

I didnt know Andreos, i hope all was ok. Sorry if i brought back bad memories.

Nah, you didn't bring any bad memories back.
It was horrible at the time (both times actually) but he is well now - partly cos his determination and partly because of the care he received.

We are lucky to have that place.

Can remember it being planned, built etc and thinking about the poor kids being admitted - never knew what would happen just a few years later!

The ironic thing was, I bumped into the football coach of the eldest in there.
He was visiting his physically and mentally disabled granddaughter, who had taken a bad turn and had been admitted.

Had no idea of his circumstances. It made me realise how lucky we had been.

Re: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 21 Aug 2014

Please Paul, no

Paul Gascoigne to make playing return in Sunday League with Abbey FC

Judging by this picture, I don't know how he could play with himself, never mind play a football match
[Image: PAY-MAIN-Paul-Gascoigne.jpg]

What a tragedy he has become, he was my idol as a nipper and it makes sad knowing the poor bast are could drop down dead at any moment

Anything and Everything - R852 PRG - 22 Aug 2014

(21 Aug 2014, 8:51 pm)Michael Anyone being watching kids with camera's... based in Newcastles childrens unit, last episode tonight.

Not sure if he's still in it, but that kid Tyrone with Asthma - absolutely hilarious!! Was about to hyperventilate with laughter when he started sining.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 22 Aug 2014

Just checked fb as there were a few notifications.

One of them is an icebucket challenge.
It is a shame videos cant be posted on here... Rolleyes
May add a still.

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 22 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 8:18 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Just checked fb as there were a few notifications.

One of them is an icebucket challenge.
It is a shame videos cant be posted on here... Rolleyes
May add a still.

Upload it to YouTube, then link it on here

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 22 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 8:20 pm)marxistafozzski Upload it to YouTube, then link it on here

The mask of anonymity may disappear then though.
eezypeazy and busman101 may recognise me!
I could be hit with a banning order for my FPF allegiances!

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 22 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 8:25 pm)Andreos Constantopolous The mask of anonymity may disappear then though.
eezypeazy and busman101 may recognise me!
I could be hit with a banning order for my FPF allegiances!

Do with a ski mask on, that would be funny, you remember IRA press conferences years ago, they had a 1 guy reading the statement and 2 guys behind him, all with ski masks on and possibly carrying AK-47's...do it by taking the piss out of Republicans(The Irish lot, not the American Republican Party) [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 23 Aug 2014

(22 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm)marxistafozzski Do with a ski mask on, that would be funny, you remember IRA press conferences years ago, they had a 1 guy reading the statement and 2 guys behind him, all with ski masks on and possibly carrying AK-47's...do it by taking the piss out of Republicans(The Irish lot, not the American Republican Party) [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Not a bad idea!
I could have a 'North Korean' style montage at the start and end of the clips - showing FPF comrades going through parachute jumps, exercises and drills too!

Re: RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 23 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 8:29 am)Andreos Constantopolous Not a bad idea!
I could have a 'North Korean' style montage at the start and end of the clips - showing FPF comrades going through parachute jumps, exercises and drills too!

You know what, if you are good at editing, that would be quite funny, I just love seeing things that takes the pics out of idiots [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 23 Aug 2014

I don't care what people say, its to early, etc!... this is the best

Even though i was born in 1991 and i'm now 23, i still class this as a Christmas tradition.. as i just think its amazing

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 23 Aug 2014

Or..... for those whose old enough to remember!