North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 29 Sep 2015

Right, do you remember my previous suggestion timetable for the Cobalt Clipper earlier on in the year. Now, I have created another one taking into account the following to solve some of the problems facing the services including:

- Tight turnaround times for some journeys at particular times.
- Further changes to combat congestion issues at Cobalt Park.
- Improved reliability on service 310 and also service 309.
- Not achieving potential high passenger numbers due to running behind the 306 / 308 on the Newcastle - Station Road Corridor and also through Battle Hill Drive (306 only).
- Spare buses having to be used on Services 309 / X39 which not only serve the primary market of the 'Cobalt' Clipper, but also with the former having to compete with other services unlike service 310 which benefits from having the monopoly through High Farm.
- Buses being 'docked' during the afternoons causing passengers to use competing other services.

I've also thrown in a new potnetial service that could operate too.

Included is:
- Passenger timetable
- Operational boards
- Operational info and a few business analytics

.pdf
309_310_X38_X39 boards.pdf
Size 1.01 MB / Downloads 38

.pdf
309_310_X38_X39 times.pdf
Size 509.37 KB / Downloads 31

.pdf
309_310_X38_X39 ops and business info.pdf
Size 90.57 KB / Downloads 257

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PUBLICATION FROM GO AHEAD NORTH EAST AND MUST NOT BE MISUSED OR DISTRIBUTED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHICH COULD MISLEAD ACTUAL PASSENGERS OR CONFLICT WITH GO AHEAD NORTH EAST'S ACTUAL OFFICIAL PUBLICATION!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 29 Sep 2015

(29 Sep 2015, 4:44 pm)DaveyBowyer Right, do you remember my previous suggestion timetable for the Cobalt Clipper earlier on in the year. Now, I have created another one taking into account the following to solve some of the problems facing the services including:

- Tight turnaround times for some journeys at particular times.
- Further changes to combat congestion issues at Cobalt Park.
- Improved reliability on service 310 and also service 309.
- Not achieving potential high passenger numbers due to running behind the 306 / 308 on the Newcastle - Station Road Corridor and also through Battle Hill Drive (306 only).
- Spare buses having to be used on Services 309 / X39 which not only serve the primary market of the 'Cobalt' Clipper, but also with the former having to compete with other services unlike service 310 which benefits from having the monopoly through High Farm.
- Buses being 'docked' during the afternoons causing passengers to use competing other services.

I've also thrown in a new potnetial service that could operate too.

Included is:
- Passenger timetable
- Operational boards
- Operational info and a few business analytics

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL PUBLICATION FROM GO AHEAD NORTH EAST AND MUST NOT BE MISUSED OR DISTRIBUTED IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM WHICH COULD MISLEAD ACTUAL PASSENGERS OR CONFLICT WITH GO AHEAD NORTH EAST'S ACTUAL OFFICIAL PUBLICATION!

Got to admire the work you put into these DaveyB.

Must have taken you hours!

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 30 Sep 2015

(29 Sep 2015, 5:39 pm)Andreos1 Got to admire the work you put into these DaveyB.

Must have taken you hours!

To be honest, the actual production ain't too bad. It's more working the following out that's a bit of a headache:

- Morning Peak Time runs.
- Afternoon Peak Time runs.
- Evening and Sunday journeys.
- Total PVR.

The times where they don't change much can be done in bulk using =REF+TIME(hh,mm,ss) etc. The afternoon peak times were the ones that gave me the most headaches working out what to do with the 310s as although I didn't want to dock the full PM NCL bound journeys to half hourly, I wanted to try and keep the 309 / 310 relatively frequent in the afternoons unlike now where they're being cut upto every 30-35 minutes between Norham Rd and Newcastle as well as between Blyth and Cobalt. Also, there were some daft times of the 309 that I wanted to stamp out such as:

- No buses to Cobalt for 8am starts unless waiting around for 30 mimutes (excluding X39).

- 25 minute gap on Saturday mornings.

- Journey that positions from Blyth to Newcastle as a 309 then takes the 1930 310 to Shields.

- Journey leaving Whitley Bay Cemetery at 2228 on a Sunday night? (Who would want to use that!)

- Later journey to Blyth on a Saturday than what there is on a Monday to Friday evening.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Diamond One - 07 Oct 2015

why not have a direct bus from Newcastle to Hartlepool they could try it on a trial basis

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 5:50 pm)Diamond One why not have a direct bus from Newcastle to Hartlepool they could try it on a trial basis
I think they did, shoppers service X11. Also, many years ago, service X5 used to. Good idea though.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 6:02 pm)Davie I think they did, shoppers service X11. Also, many years ago, service X5 used to. Good idea though.

Yeah, there was a X11 a few years back which ran two journeys in each direction on Saturday's only.

Think it was the X5 from Newcastle to Hartlepool, think I saw some old photos of that service on Flickr recently.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - citaro5284 - 07 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 6:08 pm)Jimmi Yeah, there was a X11 a few years back which ran two journeys in each direction on Saturday's only.

Think it was the X5 from Newcastle to Hartlepool, think I saw some old photos of that service on Flickr recently.

The X5 ran for years.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 08 Oct 2015

(07 Oct 2015, 6:08 pm)Jimmi Yeah, there was a X11 a few years back which ran two journeys in each direction on Saturday's only.

It basically ran the route of the current X1 from Newcastle - Easington Lane and what is now the X35 between Easington Lane - Hartlepool.

Not sure what the interworking patterns were, but from what I remember, it saw everything from coaches, to VR's, Metrobuses and ECW Olympians on it.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MVK 500R - 08 Oct 2015

Used to be a regular on the X5 between 2003 and 2007 as I was seeing a lass from Peterlee.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 08 Oct 2015

Did the 231 used to goto Hartlepool at one point...I remember getting it from Newcastle to E.Lane one day, it took that long I had to have another shave once I got off

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - beefcake - 08 Oct 2015

It did indeed. A quick google search brings up this timetable https://oldtwbustime.wordpress.com/2011/04/28/twpte-1979-231x5-newcastle-hartlepool/

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 11 Oct 2015

X38/X39 - Newcastle City Centre - Coast Road - Silverlink - Cobalt Business Park - West Allotment - Holystone - Benton - Four Lane Ends - Quorum Business Park - Balliol Business Park - South Gosforth - Newcastle City Centre
  • Operating 7/8 Minutes Combined
  • Linking various Business Parks to Newcastle City Centre
X83 - Newcastle - MetroCentre - Blaydon - Ryton - Crawcrook - Prudoe - Branch End - Riding Mill - Corbridge - Hexham
  • Service 10 Re-Numbered X83 joining Tynedale Express Brand
  • No Changes to Route or Frequency
10 - Newcastle - MetroCentre - Blaydon - Ryton - Crawcrook - Prudoe - Low Prudoe
11 - Newcastle - Scotswood Road - Blaydon - Ryton - Crawcrook - Greenside - High Spen - Chopwell - Blackhall Mill
11A - Newcastle - Scotswood Road - Blaydon - Ryton - Crawcrook - Prudoe - Low Prudoe
  • Rebranded Derwent Ranger
  • Services 10 and 11 Operate Every 10 Minutes Combined
  • Service 10B Re-Numbered 10, No Changes to Service
  • Service 10A Merged into Service 11
  • Peak Time 11A remains unchanged

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 11 Oct 2015

Mine is simple: Rerouting the X70 via Hobson rather than Burnopfield as, after the changes, Hobson will be without a bus.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 16 Oct 2015

We all saw this coming Wink

Bedlington Station to Linton - every 90 minutes - same timetable as now but without Wednesday variations

North Seaton Colliery to Guide Post Shops via Ashington - every 60 minutes - NSC 00, Ash 10, GP 25. GP 30, Ash 45, NSC 55. Interworks with 448.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - NK53 TKT - 17 Oct 2015

Been having a look at the PVRs and I have worked out GNE could do this:

Give the TTX StreetDecks 7 (including 1 spare) give the ex TTX ones to the Red Arrows, cascading the 11-reg B9TLS for the Stanley (5) replacing these Olympians and one to Chester-le-Street allowing 3983 to move to Percy Main for the 434 (replacing 3859) and the last one to go to stay at Washington as a spare moving 3943 to Percy Main for DFDS replacing a Lolyne. Then Streetdecks could come for the Cobalt Clipper meaning 3 could go to DFDS to replace the B7TLs, and two could go to Chester le Street replacing 3962 and 3965, the rest could replace lolynes (six at Chester-le-Street the remainder replacing Stanley's lolynes
3962 would go to Hexham as a spare and Riverside would get 3965.
4 Streetdecks could come for the 47 bringing it up to 45/46 sta 6118-6120 would go to sent to Percy Main, replacing 6008 (for Riverside replacing 3818) the same thing happening with 6015 and 6023. 6121 would go to Crook getting rid of 6038 getting rid of 3874. 7 more Streetdecks would go to Crook for the X21. Removing 7 presidents from the fleet.
Streetlites could be ordered for the Fast Cats allowing ten solars to replace 5151-5159 and 5165. They could also get get some for the Wear Tees Express to allow citaros to replace 5229-5233 on the Tynedale Express, one could go to Percy Main (5229) to replace 5166 and the other four to Riverside for the 57. 4936 could also be allocated. 5332 could be a Tynedale Express spare. All dual-door renowns could be replaced. 4897 could replace 5160. Contrary to opinion, 5293 to 5297 would travel to Deptford to replace five Deptford renowns. 4978-4982 could replace the five solars on the Wagonway. These could become spares. 6116 and 6117 could go to Deptford to replace 6020 and 6042 due to them not being needed at Percy Main. Streetlites could be ordered for the loop allowing 4909 and 4910 to be withdrawn with two Solars moving to Deptford. Others could replace 4896, 4899-4903. Eclipses like 9108 could replace Price Bishop solars. Half of the Solars could replace Riversides's B10s. Three could go to Percy Main to replace 4912-4914. Six would transfer to Chester-le-Street to replace their Y-Reg solars (bar one) the other to replace 4897.
This allows for a Lolyne, Olympian and B10 free bus company, the oldest buses would be presidents and 51-REG solars. 12 Presidents could also be removed from service, the majority if not all the fleet would be DDA.
Copied from latest news and disscussion

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 23 Oct 2015

Like Dalton Park, Royal Quays is pretty limited when it comes to using the bus to get there (and back away again).
Obviously Royal Quays is a bit more established, with other amenities (at the moment).

Obviously the 9 runs along the A187, so there could be the possibility of running that down Coble Dene - if Nexus would allow it.
The 17 and 19 come from the same neck of the woods in both directions, which obviously places limitations on potential passenger numbers.

Other than that, could there be a variation of the 1?
Maybe operating via Percy Main and Meadowell Metro stations, as part of the extension?

An extension of the Q3, that terminates at Royal Quays?

A new 42 service.
Newcastle - Coast Road - Chillingham Road - Fossway - Wallsend (inc Metro) - Howdon - Howdon Road - Royal Quays - loop around Meadowell - Percy Main - Royal Quays - back to Newcastle.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 23 Oct 2015

(23 Oct 2015, 12:33 pm)Andreos1 Like Dalton Park, Royal Quays is pretty limited when it comes to using the bus to get there (and back away again).
Obviously Royal Quays is a bit more established, with other amenities (at the moment).

Obviously the 9 runs along the A187, so there could be the possibility of running that down Coble Dene - if Nexus would allow it.
The 17 and 19 come from the same neck of the woods in both directions, which obviously places limitations on potential passenger numbers.

Other than that, could there be a variation of the 1?
Maybe operating via Percy Main and Meadowell Metro stations, as part of the extension?

An extension of the Q3, that terminates at Royal Quays?

A new 42 service.
Newcastle - Coast Road - Chillingham Road - Fossway - Wallsend (inc Metro) - Howdon - Howdon Road - Royal Quays - loop around Meadowell - Percy Main - Royal Quays - back to Newcastle.

Hopefully that will change next year once Phase 2 is up and running

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 23 Oct 2015

A service which operates between Newcastle and Darlington like either the 723 or 724 used to.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 23 Oct 2015

(23 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm)Davie A service which operates between Newcastle and Darlington like either the 723 or 724 used to.

722 and 723 that was mate, 724 was the OK Travel service between Newcastle and Bishop Auckland...

722 and 723 were jointly operated by GNE and Arriva

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 23 Oct 2015

(23 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm)Davie A service which operates between Newcastle and Darlington like either the 723 or 724 used to.

724 is basically the X21 as it went to Bishop Auckland, it was the 722/723 that ran Darlington - Newcastle.

Can't see this sort of service happening again anytime soon, especially as from Darlington it has to compete with the train which is more than three times faster than the bus would be. Also judging by the passenger loadings/trends on the 7, most people travel locally eg. Darlington - Newton Aycliffe, Ferryhill - Durham don't think that many actually do the full route. Also for Go North East to do a service between these points the times wouldn't really work out well as if it was timed between the X21 you would end up with it having a long layover in Darlington (I've thought of this idea before).

For these reasons I can't see such thing happening anytime soon, especially after the last time GNE tried to launch a competing service to Arriva in the Darlington area (OK1).