North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 03 Jan 2016

I really don't think there is a need for the X46 to be operated throughout the day, given that it is merely a positioning journey in the mornings and evenings so buses aren't running dead from Crook, and in an attempt to try and gain some revenue from operating a service.

I think, in terms of allocations, a service like this (while I don't think it would be justifiable throughout the day, even when competing with Arriva's 46) should be operated by Chester-le-Street as opposed to Crook. It could interwork with the 13/14 journeys that interwork with the X22 (if it was hourly - as the X22 currently is, making it easy to work around in terms of timetables), allowing the X22 to become completely standalone, and then have the 13/14 and X46 operate in the Durham area only, but the only problem with that is that driver changeovers couldn't occur in Chester-le-Street as they currently do with the X22, meaning a van might have to be used to commute from the depot to Durham in order for driver changeovers to take place. Merely a suggestion, if this was to happen, but I don't think Go North East will enter that area of Durham. If they do, I think they could attempt to compete with Arriva's 56 between Durham and Bishop Auckland at peak-times, as that service in particular appears to suffer a lot of neglect from Arriva, and this could possibly provide Crook depot with some more work; the allocation could be some cascaded ''Prince Bishops'' Solars. Just a thought.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 03 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 10:27 pm)Michael I think they were, i think it was shared with lo-liners for a while before it was changed to the 9/9A then it became a SPD service...

Don't forget the acquired Purple Solars that had a spell on there. Can't remember if they did that first or the X36/37 (was that the number?).
There were the Pink Loylnes for a while too.

Go North East: Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 03 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 10:57 pm)Andreos1 Don't forget the acquired Purple Solars that had a spell on there. Can't remember if they did that first or the X36/37 (was that the number?).
There were the Pink Loylnes for a while too.

''Showstopper'' branded if I remember correctly. Think it was a batch of the W-PNL registered Tridents.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 03 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm)R852 PRG ''Showstopper'' branded if I remember correctly. Think it was a batch of the W-PNL registered Tridents.

Indeed - quite liked the few weeks when 3862/3863 were at Stanley still fully branded as Showstopper.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 03 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm)R852 PRG ''Showstopper'' branded if I remember correctly. Think it was a batch of the W-PNL registered Tridents.

That's them.
Quick and easy rebrand after their stint on the 21. Not sure if they were repainted at all between moves.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - S813 FVK - 03 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 11:21 pm)Andreos1 That's them.
Quick and easy rebrand after their stint on the 21. Not sure if they were repainted at all between moves.

They were repainted out of their Coaster livery into pink, gained angel logos on the front (that was it in terms of branding) before transferring to Deptford and gaining Showstopper branding.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - BJ10VUS - 04 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie Since I've nowt better to do I've came up with this:

74 - No changes to the service, but frequency increased to a bus every hour opposed to every two hours with the PVR increasing to two vehicles.

It would increase to at least three vehicles, as the route takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes each way. Currently the service is three-hourly with a PVR of 1. However, I do think possibly reintroducing the 74A (or renumbering it as 75) and running a service between Matfen and Newcastle via Airport & Kingston Park instead of Callerton & Westerhope could work? It would re-introduce a link lost years ago during the week, when it became Sunday only.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 04 Jan 2016

X35 - Sunderland - Doxford International - A19 - Peterlee - Hordon - Blackhall - Hartlepool
Operating Every 30 Minutes, Offering a faster journey time than at present along with cutting approximately 40 Minutes out of the Timetable.

**New Service**
207 - Rainton Bridge - Houghton le Spring - Hetton le Hole - Easington Lane - Easington Village - Peterlee
Extension of the short 208, also covering loss of Service X35 between Peterlee & Houghton le Spring, also operating in place of Service 923 which would be Withdrawn at Peak Times only, Operating Every 30 Minutes.

**New Service**
7 - Washington Galleries - Harraton - Rickleton - Barley Mow Estate - Birtley - Ouston - Pelton - Beamish - Stanley 
Operating Every 30 Minutes

**New Service**
X2 - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Penshaw - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Springwell - Wrekenton - Q.E. Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle

**New Service**
4A/4B - Brady Square (4A)/Barmston Court (4B) - Biddick (4A) - Washington Village/Glebe (4B) - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord - Barmston - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Ayton - Harraton - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Bournmoor - Houghton le Spring
Every 15 Minutes replacing Services 82/85 & 86, New Service 7 covers remainder of Service 82 from Washington Galleries to Birtley.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Dan - 04 Jan 2016

What would replace the service between Doxford International and Houghton-le-Spring?

I believe part of the reason why service 20 diverts via Doxford Park on evenings and Sundays is to replace the X35 which does not operate - so there must be some sort of demand for a service between the two aforementioned places. It probably wouldn't be feasible to do this during the day, due to the extra running time.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 3:49 pm)Dan What would replace the service between Doxford International and Houghton-le-Spring?

I believe part of the reason why service 20 diverts via Doxford Park on evenings and Sundays is to replace the X35 which does not operate - so there must be some sort of demand for a service between the two aforementioned places. It probably wouldn't be feasible to do this during the day, due to the extra running time.

That would be the 33, forgot to note that in my previous post.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm)Malarkey X35 - Sunderland - Doxford International - A19 - Peterlee - Hordon - Blackhall - Hartlepool
Operating Every 30 Minutes, Offering a faster journey time than at present along with cutting approximately 40 Minutes out of the Timetable.

**New Service**
207 - Rainton Bridge - Houghton le Spring - Hetton le Hole - Easington Lane - Easington Village - Peterlee
Extension of the short 208, also covering loss of Service X35 between Peterlee & Houghton le Spring, also operating in place of Service 923 which would be Withdrawn at Peak Times only, Operating Every 30 Minutes.

**New Service**
7 - Washington Galleries - Harraton - Rickleton - Barley Mow Estate - Birtley - Ouston - Pelton - Beamish - Stanley 

**New Service**
X2 - Sunderland - Royal Hospital - Grindon - Hastings Hill - Penshaw - Shiney Row - Washington Galleries - Springwell - Wrekenton - Q.E. Hospital - Gateshead - Newcastle

**New Service**
4A/4B - Brady Square (4A)/Barmston Court (4B) - Biddick (4A) - Washington Village/Glebe (4B) - Washington Galleries - Oxclose - Blackfell - Concord - Barmston - Biddick - Washington Galleries - Lambton - Ayton - Harraton - Fatfield - Shiney Row - Bournmoor - Houghton le Spring
Every 15 Minutes replacing Services 82/85 & 86, New Service 7 covers remainder of Service 82 from Washington Galleries to Birtley.
no need for the 207/923, even a daytime service is not needed,

theres quite a few passengers use this X35 between South hetton and Houghton to goto Doxford International and Sunderland.

Would like to see the short 208 get turned into a 207 and extended the service from Easington green to Sundeland via arriva service 23 route and nick some of the passengers between peterlee and sunderland via Easington colliery area.

cant see GNE going backwards with the X2. specially when passengers can get the 10 minute freq 2/2A service to galleries and hop on the X1 to continue there journey.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 04 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie Since I've nowt better to do I've came up with this:

74 - No changes to the service, but frequency increased to a bus every hour opposed to evety two hours with the PVR incressing to two vehicles.

X92 - South Shields - Metrocentre via Westoe - Chichester - non stop - Jarrow - non stop - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Springwell Estate  - Wrekenton - Alledene -  Team Valley - Dunston.
Replaces service 92 but operates every thirty minutes.

X2 - Newcastle - Peterlee
Via Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington - Houghton - Le Spring - Hetton Le Hole.
Operates every 15 minutes (every 7/8 conbined with service X1 between Newcastle and Hetton Le Hole and conbined with service X35 with a 15 minute frequency between Peterlee & Hetton Le Hole).

56 - Newcastle - Sunderland.
Only change is it serves Eldon Square bus station and doesn't serve Springwell Estate on evenings and Sundays.

9 - Sunderland - Ashington via Wheatsheaf - Boldon Asda - Jarrow - Tyne Tunnel - North Shields - Royal Quays - Percy Main - Silverlink - Cobalt - Northumberland Park - Seaton - Cramlington Bedlington. Replaces service 19 but retains it's 30 minute frequency. No changes to the Sunderland - Jarrow Deptford service.

57 - Newcastle - Heworth.
Route stays the same (But terminates at Heworth opposed to Wardley) interworking with service 58. The frequency of service 57 also increased to every 15 minutes with 5293-97 being fitted with WiFi.

X22 - Bishop Aukland - Metrocentre via Spennymoor - Croxdale - Durham - Chester Le - Street - Barley Mow - Birtley - Wrekenton - non stop - Metrocentre. Operating a 15 minute frequency with service X21 between Durham and Bishop Aukland.

X46 - The route stays the same but the service operates throught the day.

69 - Winlaton - Wardley via Blaydon - Swalwell - Metrocentre - Whickham - Lobley Hill - Bensham - Q.E. Hospital - Felling Square - Leam Lane Estate. Increased frequency of every 30 minutes, replacing service 67.

27A - Newcastle - Jarrow via Gateshead - Heworth - Hebburn. A peak time service which interworks with service 5, this service will help save on dead mileage between Riverside and Jarrow on a morning and evening.

1A - Whitley Bay - Metrocentre via Marden - Tynemouth - North Shields - Wallsend - Byker - Newcastle - Gateshead - Lobley Hill - Dunston. Operates every 30 minutes (Every 15 conbined with Service 1 between Whitley Bay & Gateshead) which will also see service 96 withdrawn.

1 - Whitley Bay - Wrekenton. No changes ti the route but no services terminate at Gateshead, all terminate at Gateshead.

X87 - Heworth - MetroCentre via Leam Lane Estate - Wardley -Usworth - Concord - Albany Way - Washington. Replaces service 82 between Heworth and Concord (for more changes to services 82/82A please continue reading). This will operate every hour and will operate with service X88 (Again, please continue reading to see how I could improve the service). Both services would operate Monday -Sunday.

X88 - Route stays the dame but would operate every hour (Every 30 minutes frequency with service X87) and would operate Monday - Sunday.

82/ - Concord - Birtley via  Portneades - Portobello - Ayton - Lambton - Washington - Briddick - Barmston. Basically operates every 30 minutes repacing the 82A. Heworth - Concord to be replaced by service X87.

29 - Kibblesworth - Gateshead. No changes to the service, but GNE will fund it. This will interwork with service 29A.

29A - Kibblesworth - Gateshead via Team Valley - Low Fell. This will replace service 1A (You'll have read about the changes I'd make to that I'm sure) between Kibblesworth and Gateshead. This will interwork with service 29.

I know these probably wouldn't happen in a million years, but I though I might as well post them to see people's opinions on them.

theres no need for 7/8 minute service between Newcastle and Hetton, passengers will start to complain that 3 or 4 buses will turn up together or go past not in service as the bus has to get back into his slot.

whats going to serve springwell estate on sundays and evenings.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Davie - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 4:50 pm)cbma06 whats going to serve springwell estate on sundays and evenings.

Services Q1 & Q2.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Adrian - 04 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie X92 - South Shields - Metrocentre via Westoe - Chichester - non stop - Jarrow - non stop - Heworth - Leam Lane Estate - Springwell Estate  - Wrekenton - Alledene -  Team Valley - Dunston.
Replaces service 92 but operates every thirty minutes.

There's more than enough buses between Heworth, Wrekenton, and Leam Lane Estate at the moment. Springwell is covered by Q1/Q2, and I've not personally seen any signs that it requires an improved frequency? The last few runs I've done have picked up 2 or 3 people at most.

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie X2 - Newcastle - Peterlee
Via Gateshead - Q.E Hospital - Wrekenton - Washington - Houghton - Le Spring - Hetton Le Hole.
Operates every 15 minutes (every 7/8 conbined with service X1 between Newcastle and Hetton Le Hole and conbined with service X35 with a 15 minute frequency between Peterlee & Hetton Le Hole).

I don't think that the Washington to Hetton section of the X1 requires it's current 10 minute frequency, given that you no longer have the college or anything between there and Washington. I do think that the Newcastle to Washington section could do with a frequency increase, as I find the reliability quite poor.

I'm not sure how many people would want to travel from Washington to Peterlee, and I've really no idea how many currently use the X35 section to there, as I've never used it.

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie X87 - Heworth - MetroCentre via Leam Lane Estate - Wardley -Usworth - Concord - Albany Way - Washington. Replaces service 82 between Heworth and Concord (for more changes to services 82/82A please continue reading). This will operate every hour and will operate with service X88 (Again, please continue reading to see how I could improve the service). Both services would operate Monday -Sunday.

X88 - Route stays the dame but would operate every hour (Every 30 minutes frequency with service X87) and would operate Monday - Sunday.

I'm not sure why all these express services need to serve the Leam Lane Estate? It's not an express service if it travels around estates anyway.

I'm not sure the logic in sending a half hourly express to the Metrocentre all day, given that the pattern will be people travelling to shop in the morning, and people returning home from shopping in the afternoon. The opposite way during those times will be carrying nothing but fresh air. A bit like the X88 at present.

Also the X88 will get to the Metrocentre in half an hour from the Galleries. During which time, your X87 would probably be no further than Heworth. I'm not sure how many people would bother with an X87, when it's likely to take twice as long as the X88? You might as well just wait for the latter.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 04 Jan 2016

(03 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm)Davie X87 - Heworth - MetroCentre via Leam Lane Estate - Wardley -Usworth - Concord - Albany Way - Washington. Replaces service 82 between Heworth and Concord (for more changes to services 82/82A please continue reading). This will operate every hour and will operate with service X88 (Again, please continue reading to see how I could improve the service). Both services would operate Monday -Sunday.

82/ - Concord - Birtley via  Portneades - Portobello - Ayton - Lambton - Washington - Briddick - Barmston. Basically operates every 30 minutes repacing the 82A. Heworth - Concord to be replaced by service X87.

Care to elaborate on how the service could be improved?

I've continued reading, as suggested, but fail to see your explanation or reasoning.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 04 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm)Adrian Also the X88 will get to the Metrocentre in half an hour from the Galleries. During which time, your X87 would probably be no further than Heworth. I'm not sure how many people would bother with an X87, when it's likely to take twice as long as the X88? You might as well just wait for the latter.

I think his X87 starts at Heworth, traversing into Washington via the 82/82A route before continuing onto Metrocentre via the same route as the X88. 

But, if Washington to Metrocentre really warranted a 30 minute frequency, then why not just increase the frequency of the X88 instead of introducing a new service to do more or less the same thing?

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Jordan95 - 05 Jan 2016

How about a run from Ashington - Newcastle. Via Guide Post - Bedlington - Cramlington - Dudley - Seaton Burn - Wideopen - Gosforth

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 05 Jan 2016

(04 Jan 2016, 3:30 pm)Malarkey X35 - Sunderland - Doxford International - A19 - Peterlee - Hordon - Blackhall - Hartlepool

**New Service**

**New Service**

**New Service**

**New Service**

I know others have commented on this, but thought I would give my thoughts.

The link between Houghton and Doxford Park is important I feel - but I think the loss of the service between the two, down to the diversion of the X35, could be countered with a diversion of the 38. It should be doable with a diversion onto the A690 at Stoneygate = meaning it misses the Herrington Burn section.
To maintain the half hourly connection, I wonder if an extra MPD could be dropped in, so the service operates as follows:
Sunderland - Ryhope - Dox Park - Newbottle - Houghton - Rainton Bridge - Houghton - Newbottle - Dox Park and return to Rainton Bridge, before heading back on the full route.

The X35 could call in to Dalton Park when it is at it.
I haven't seen the plans for the junction improvement works, but hopefully it assists traffic and encourages more buses into the place (from other locations not served currently!)

Not sure about your 4's. Does the demand exist to have this service in addition to the current 4? Penshaw (Station Lane especially) can be chocker with buses stuck amongst the parked cars.
If it did, I would merge the 4a and b onto your 207 idea.

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - omnicity4659 - 05 Jan 2016

(05 Jan 2016, 4:25 pm)Jordan95 How about a run from Ashington - Newcastle. Via Guide Post - Bedlington - Cramlington - Dudley - Seaton Burn - Wideopen - Gosforth

Many people have suggested that in the past  Angel

RE: Go North East: Service Suggestions - JP6004 - 05 Jan 2016

(05 Jan 2016, 4:25 pm)Jordan95 How about a run from Ashington - Newcastle. Via Guide Post - Bedlington - Cramlington - Dudley - Seaton Burn - Wideopen - Gosforth

Give summit to rival arriva Tongue