North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 05 Jan 2014

(04 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm)fozzovmurton Step Forward Mr Malarkey, sure you will have an opinion on this my friend Big Grin

Perhaps instead of it Running straight down the Motorway to Washington Galleries from Waterview Park like the 8 Does, Maybe have it go via Barmston - Washington Village and Glebe to Washington Galleries (Old 185/X85 Route), To make up a bit of time I would have it Run Limited Stopping between Washington Galleries and Gateshead. Other than that little thought, It sounds good to me.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Michael - 05 Jan 2014

Only change i would make is renumbering the X7 to X6, would they run hourly or just 2/3 runs a day?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 06 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 11:17 pm)ADLEnviro Good idea Adam but I wanted to keep the PVR and end timings the same.

That's makes sense, But I think running it via Barmston etc is doable, Time to dig out the Collection of Timetables I think............Hunting 56/X1 Timetables.............Found them, Right here we go.

- It takes the X1 from Springwell to Gateshead - 13 Minutes and It takes the 56 from Springwell to Gateshead - 21 Minutes - 8 minutes Difference
- The 56 has a 6 Minute Layover Period in Newcastle Currently
- The 56 has a 8 Minute Layover Period in Sunderland Currently
- And going by your Timings ADLEnviro, The 56 which would go via Washington is 10 Minutes Quicker than the Current 56

So with those Points in mind and a bit of Maths, I would say you would have 32 Minutes to Play with on re-jiggling the Timetable of the 56, Feel free to correct if i'm wrong, so that would mean on the 56 via Washington you may have enough time to run it via Barmston etc to Washington and still be able to Maintain the Current PVR.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 06 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 11:25 pm)Michael Only change i would make is renumbering the X7 to X6, would they run hourly or just 2/3 runs a day?

Probably hourly. It'd be welcomed well I think, as the service by Arriva is very bad, last time I went to Alnwick the X18 was 90 mins late :O

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - legend - 06 Jan 2014

(05 Jan 2014, 10:04 pm)Adam Malarkey Perhaps instead of it Running straight down the Motorway to Washington Galleries from Waterview Park like the 8 Does, Maybe have it go via Barmston - Washington Village and Glebe to Washington Galleries (Old 185/X85 Route), To make up a bit of time I would have it Run Limited Stopping between Washington Galleries and Gateshead. Other than that little thought, It sounds good to me.

Is this supposed to be like an express? If so, running through Wrekenton, between 07:00 and 09:00 and between 15:00 and 17:00 have it stop additionally outside of Cardinal Hume Catholic School to ease congestion on the standard service which has to take monstrous school loadings!!

In fact, it could even come into the school coach park to make it an exclusive service for the school...

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adam - 06 Jan 2014

(06 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm)legend Is this supposed to be like an express? If so, running through Wrekenton, between 07:00 and 09:00 and between 15:00 and 17:00 have it stop additionally outside of Cardinal Hume Catholic School to ease congestion on the standard service which has to take monstrous school loadings!!

In fact, it could even come into the school coach park to make it an exclusive service for the school...

Love that idea Tongue

(06 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm)legend Is this supposed to be like an express? If so, running through Wrekenton, between 07:00 and 09:00 and between 15:00 and 17:00 have it stop additionally outside of Cardinal Hume Catholic School to ease congestion on the standard service which has to take monstrous school loadings!!

You'd be better off asking ADLEnviro as it was his Suggestion, I just added a bit input to the Idea to see what he thought.

As for the bit about Cardinal Hume and the 56 entering the School Coach Park, would it not then make the Service run even further behind Schedule heading towards Sunderland/Newcastle or are you Suggesting a New Scholar Service to cope with the Excessive Loadings at those times with lead to an Independent Operator running the Service. Just out Curiosity what are the Current Scholar Services from Cardinal Hume, who are they Operated by and what is there Route.

(06 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm)Adam Malarkey You'd be better off asking ADLEnviro as it was his Suggestion, I just added a bit input to the Idea to see what he thought.

As for the bit about Cardinal Hume and the 56 entering the School Coach Park, would it not then make the Service run even further behind Schedule heading towards Sunderland/Newcastle or are you Suggesting a New Scholar Service to cope with the Excessive Loadings at those times with lead to an Independent Operator running the Service. Just out Curiosity what are the Current Scholar Services from Cardinal Hume, who are they Operated by and what is there Route.

There are 4 scholars services from CHCS. They are as follows:

878: Wardley - Fewster Square - CHCS. Morning journeys are operated by Arriva. Afternoon journeys are operated by Go North East on Mon-Thu and Kingsley's on Fridays.

879 (Mornings only): Festival Park - Saltwell Road - Shipcote - Carr Hill Road - Split Crow Road - Felling Square - Windy Nook - CHCS. Operated by GNE.

880 (Afternoons only): CHCS - Windy Nook - Carr Hill Road - Split Crow Road - Felling Square. Operated by A-Line.

882: Portobello - Barley Mow - Birtley - Low Fell - Kells Lane - CHCS. All morning journeys are operated by Weardale. They too operate the Mon-Thu afternoon journeys, but GNE do the Fri afternoon journey.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 06 Jan 2014

(06 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm)Adam There are 4 scholars services from CHCS. They are as follows:

878: Wardley - Fewster Square - CHCS. Morning journeys are operated by Arriva. Afternoon journeys are operated by Go North East on Mon-Thu and Kingsley's on Fridays.

879 (Mornings only): Festival Park - Saltwell Road - Shipcote - Carr Hill Road - Split Crow Road - Felling Square - Windy Nook - CHCS. Operated by GNE.

880 (Afternoons only): CHCS - Windy Nook - Carr Hill Road - Split Crow Road - Felling Square. Operated by A-Line.

882: Portobello - Barley Mow - Birtley - Low Fell - Kells Lane - CHCS. All morning journeys are operated by Weardale. They too operate the Mon-Thu afternoon journeys, but GNE do the Fri afternoon journey.

There's a little minibus too apparently.
Some of my eldests friends get it to/from Birtley/Ouston.

No idea who runs it though.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm)andreos1 There's a little minibus too apparently.

Never knew there was a minibus service too. I often see the school's plain white Transit van or our brand new silver Peugeot Boxer with CHCS vinyls out in the morning. Could it be that I wonder?

(06 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm)Adam Never knew there was a minibus service too. I often see the school's plain white Transit van or our brand new silver Peugeot Boxer with CHCS vinyls out in the morning. Could it be that I wonder?

No idea.
Will see if I can find out.

Dunno why they don't just get the 28... Actually yeah, the minibus is a good idea! Big Grin

It was just the other day he was on about his mates getting picked up/dropped off in it and the class sh!t (there's always one) being a pain in the arse with some of the other kids.

(06 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm)Adam There are 4 scholars services from CHCS. They are as follows:

Thanks Adam, Bare with me I shall come up with a few New Scholars Services which probs do while I watch the Wrestling from 1am to 4am, So i'll have them up at some point Tomorrow, I do think there could be more Services from CHCS to the Wider Area, i.e. Gateshead/Heworth/Concord and Washington Galleries, As I would think the Majority come from around those Areas and get a Connecting Service from there, I do know quite few CHCS Students do tend get on the X1 to Washington Galleries at Wrekenton at around 15:20pm as I often get on it when I'm out and about and back heading home.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:12 pm)andreos1 No idea.

Dunno why they don't just get the 28... Actually yeah, the minibus is a good idea! Big Grin

It was just the other day he was on about his mates getting picked up/dropped off in it and the class sh!t (there's always one) being a pain in the arse with some of the other kids.

Totally agree with you haha.

My Business teacher lives in Pelton Fell and he said he sometimes gets the 28 to school, so I can't really see a problem why they can't get the bus as well, unless they're desperately trying to avoid him for some reason Tongue

(06 Jan 2014, 10:14 pm)Adam Malarkey Thanks Adam, Bare with me I shall come up with a few New Scholars Services which probs do while I watch the Wrestling from 1am to 4am, So i'll have them up at some point Tomorrow, I do think there could be more Services from CHCS to the Wider Area, i.e. Gateshead/Heworth/Concord and Washington Galleries, As I would think the Majority come from around those Areas and get a Connecting Service from there, I do know quite few CHCS Students do tend get on the X1 to Washington Galleries at Wrekenton at around 15:20pm as I often get on it when I'm out and about and back heading home.

No problem Adam. I agree with you about a new scholars service being needed. The main service I would suggest is a one which goes from CH straight down Old Durham Road to Gateshead Interchange to take pressure off the 56. After school, the 56 always has a queue of at least 30-40 students at the bus stop. Its a wonder how everyone crammed on the Solars! Even though the 56 has just been upgraded, their capacity would still be tested.

FYI:

878 Arriva Late
878 Go North East Late
878 Kingsley's Late beyond belief, operates another school first
879 Go North East Often a SPD - too small
880 A-Line too small
882 Weardale Always Weardale operated. Plaxton President but still under capacity, requests made for increase in capacity - response: 56

(06 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm)andreos1 There's a little minibus too apparently.

It's our own bus, we have a Ford Transit and a Fiat Something.
A handful of staff are qualified to drive both but more can drive the Fiat as it has a smaller capacity. The caretaker normally drives the Ouston runs.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm)Adam Never knew there was a minibus service too. I often see the school's plain white Transit van or our brand new silver Peugeot Boxer with CHCS vinyls out in the morning. Could it be that I wonder?

It is. But it's a Fiat, not a Peugeot.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm)legend FYI:

878 Arriva Late
878 Go North East Late
878 Kingsley's Late beyond belief, operates another school first
879 Go North East Often a SPD - too small
880 A-Line too small
882 Weardale Always Weardale operated. Plaxton President but still under capacity, requests made for increase in capacity - response: 56

yeah I know haha. The amount of complaints I get from friends about the 882 is ridiculous. I've already mentioned it in the last 2 school council meetings and it seems senior management don't listen.

It is a Peugeot. I've been on it. Looks very much like a Fiat but it is definitely a Peugeot.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:12 pm)andreos1 No idea.

The twenty eight does not stop outside of the school. You gave to walk to the QE or the Seven Stars for that service.

Our behavioural and discipline standards are very high. If the student informs his or her tutor the problem will be dealt with.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:43 pm)legend The twenty eight does not stop outside of the school. You gave to walk to the QE or the Seven Stars for that service.

Our behavioural and discipline standards are very high. If the student informs his or her tutor the problem will be dealt with.

The kid has a reputation and has done for years.

The kid in question has had one or two run ins with my eldest before they went their separate ways in year 7.
Unfortunately, not all of the kids were that lucky and those who ended up at that school, are stuck with him.
Their tolerance levels were tested for years at Primary school. If it hasn't been reported already, I imagine it will be reported soon.

The stops on the 28 probably explain the need for the minibus.

(06 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm)andreos1 The kid has a reputation and has done for years.

The kid in question has had one or two run ins with my eldest before they went their separate ways in year 7.
Unfortunately, not all of the kids were that lucky and those who ended up at that school, are stuck with him.
Their tolerance levels were tested for years at Primary school. If it hasn't been reported already, I imagine it will be reported soon.

The stops on the 28 probably explain the need for the minibus.

I'm afraid being in my senior years I doubt I know the students in question and whom we certainly shan't be naming.

Actually we use the minibus for two reasons.
  • The timings of the 28
  • The location of Ouston, outside of Tyne & Wear. They would have to use a 'Key' card.