North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 22 Jul 2014

Speaking of Summer services, I reckon GNE should start some services to Scarborough and Whitby from Newcastle and Durham.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - col87 - 22 Jul 2014

How long would it take though

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:35 pm)Tom Speaking of Summer services, I reckon GNE should start some services to Scarborough and Whitby from Newcastle and Durham.

Do Arriva still run services down to there from Durham in Summer, remember getting a direct bus down to Scarborough in the late 90's

As for open top services who remembers Coastlines Open Top Service in the mid-90's, think it went from Whitley Bay down to Tynemouth or North Shields

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm)col87 How long would it take though

Does it matter?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm)col87 How long would it take though

2 hours? Maybe use the motorway from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, then something similar to the X93 from Middlesbrough to Scarborough?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - tyresmoke - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm)marxistafozzski Do Arriva still run services down to there from Durham in Summer, remember getting a direct bus down to Scarborough in the late 90's

As for open top services who remembers Coastlines Open Top Service in the mid-90's, think it went from Whitley Bay down to Tynemouth or North Shields

No they don't run any more, the X60 and X61 were killed off by concessionary passes!

(22 Jul 2014, 9:42 pm)Tom Does it matter?

In a way yes because if you have 3 kids who are restless you dont want to spend 3 hours getting cooked on a bus

(22 Jul 2014, 9:46 pm)col87 In a way yes because if you have 3 kids who are restless you dont want to spend 3 hours getting cooked on a bus

But the service hasn't even been created? Huh

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm)Marcus 2 hours? Maybe use the motorway from Newcastle to Middlesbrough, then something similar to the X93 from Middlesbrough to Scarborough?

The less said about that service the better

(22 Jul 2014, 9:50 pm)marxistafozzski The less said about that service the better

Mwhahhahah!

Ok just pointing it out I think avoiding the X93 route except whitby would be better

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm)Marcus But the service hasn't even been created? Huh

This suggestion is basically just the previous X60/X61 and children did go mad when I used the X61 one time I had had to put up with children climbing over the seats and screaming with their mum shouting at them between Whitby and Darlington when they got off everyone started bad mouthing them.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adam - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:50 pm)marxistafozzski The less said about that service the better

I second that. My friends and I are going there for a day trip sometime next month. Many of them are happy enough getting the bus, but me and couple of others are getting the train down after the last time. Was absolutely ridiculous.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Jimmi - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:53 pm)col87 Ok just pointing it out I think avoiding the X93 route except whitby would be better

The X60/X61 pretty much did this and it was so much better and was over 20 minutes faster.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 22 Jul 2014

I think that Stagecoach would be interested in the Deptford operations that particularly concern South Shields and Sunderland but otherwise, I'd say not really. Do you folks think that GNE would have any interest in any rival depots around the region?

(22 Jul 2014, 10:01 pm)DaveyBowyer I think that Stagecoach would be interested in the Deptford operations that particularly concern South Shields and Sunderland but otherwise, I'd say not really. Do you folks think that GNE would have any interest in any rival depots around the region?

Possibly Arriva's Belmont and their Durham services?

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - L469 YVK - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 10:02 pm)Marcus Possibly Arriva's Belmont and their Durham services?

Hmmm, not bad like, would certainly help GNE expand down that way.

Think either Stagecoach or Arriva Teesside would be of Interest gives them a chance to cover all of the North East and into Yorkshire which could mean more profit

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - tyresmoke - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:58 pm)Adam I second that. My friends and I are going there for a day trip sometime next month. Many of them are happy enough getting the bus, but me and couple of others are getting the train down after the last time. Was absolutely ridiculous.

Still got some perceptions to change on the X93 then?
Hopefully the investment in the service will help!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 22 Jul 2014

Is someone planning to move Scarborough to a more convenient site or construct a new motorway to allow for this express link?