North East Buses
Go North East: Service Suggestions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Service Suggestions (/showthread.php?tid=75)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Adam - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 10:13 pm)tyresmoke Still got some perceptions to change on the X93 then?
Hopefully the investment in the service will help!

I'm really sorry, but I'll never get back on the X93 unless the buses have big leather seats, free WiFi and a massive amount of legroom.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Malarkey - 22 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 9:26 pm)col87 Another Idea HT 1/2/3 Open top summer service Seaton Carew - Church Street - Marina - Navigation Point - Headland.

Speaking of Open Top Bus Services, I have had an Idea.

South Shields - South Shields Sea Front - Whitburn - Seaburn - Roker
Running the full stretch of the A183 Coast Road

North Shields - Tynemouth - Whitley Bay - St Mary's Lighthouse - Seaton Sleuce - Blyth

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 23 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 10:13 pm)tyresmoke Still got some perceptions to change on the X93 then?
Hopefully the investment in the service will help!

I toyed with the idea of going to Scarborough by bus a couple of months ago but opted to go there by train as part of 4-in-8 Day Rover.

From Rowlands Gill it would have taken me around 4 hours to travel there by bus excluding time taken waiting for connections. The journey by train took just under two and half hours in comparison. It would of course by cheaper to travel by bus using an explorer ticket and I think £9.50 (or however much it costs now) is exceptional value. However, it possible to travel to places like Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool in the same amount of time it takes to get to Scarborough by bus and, if you look out for cheap fares, it can be done for a comparable price.

If I lived in Teesside however it would be a no-brainer to travel to Scarborough by bus due to the fact the only way to get by train is to travel to York first. I imagine the length of time it takes to complete the journey will be similar with, perhaps, the bus having a slight advantage as there is no waiting around for connections.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - col87 - 23 Jul 2014

If the Queylink does go then what about this NG1 Central Station-Newcastle Centre-Queyside-Baltic-Sage-Gateshead Interchange-Gateshead Staduim NG2 St James Park-Newcastle Centre- Tyne Bridge- Gateshead Interchange- Heworth NG3 Eldon Square- Central Station- Metrocentre.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - gtom - 23 Jul 2014

It may make sense to look towards asking NE1 to contribute towards the Quaylink as well as Gateshead College.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Drifter60 - 23 Jul 2014

EAST DURHAM SERVICE Suggestions.
'East Durham' 201: unchanged
~~
'East Durham' 202: unchanged
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 203
Northlea-Seaham-Dene House Road-East Shore Village
~~
'East Durham' 204: Unchanged
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 205. Renumbered 265.
~~
'East Durham' 206: Unchanged
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 207
Seaham-The Avenue-New Seaham-Dalton Park-East Moor Estate-Murton
Hourly, Mon-Sat daytime. Evening service til 9pm, Sunday buses til 6pm.
~~
'East Durham' 208: Unchanged
~~
'East Durham' 209: Unchanged
~~
'East Durham' 210: Unchanged
~~
'East Durham' 211: RENUMBERED 239 SERVICE.

IDEA: the suggestions would then make all the service numbers more aligned as opposed to the current mix match. The new 207 would provide later evening and Sunday buses between Seaham & Murton. 207 daytimes would provide an exact every 20 minute daytime service Seaham-Dalton Park-Murton. 207 would serve East Moor allowing quicker 265 journey times. New 203 provides service to residents lost by removal of 238.

Also, suggestions for 13/14/71:-
'Lime' 71/72
Chester-Great Lumley-FenceHouses-Houghton-Seaton-New Seaham-Seaham (71)-Dalton Park (72)
Replaces 238 between Seaham & Houghton, provides stable future to 71 by giving it extension. Link to dalton park strengthening connections and travel opportunities.

'CrossDurham' 13/14
Langley Park-Sacriston-Arnsion Centre-Durham-Gilesgate-Belmont-Pittington-Sheburn.
Half hourly service across route.
13 hourly, would operate anti clockwise, Durham-Gilesgate-Belmont-Pittington-Sheburn Hill-Sherburn Village-Dragonville-Gilesgate-Durham
14 hourly, would operate clockwise, Durham-Gilesgate-Dragonville-Sheburn Village-Sherburn Hill-Pittington-Belmont-Gilesgate-Durham

Re: RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MrFozz - 23 Jul 2014

(22 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm)Adam I'm really sorry, but I'll never get back on the X93 unless the buses have big leather seats, free WiFi and a massive amount of legroom.

Hear Hear Brother...

The X93 is an awful service, went to Whitby and back on it last year and it was horrible, standing room only from 'Boro all the way down to Whitby, I was one of the first in line so I got a seat, a right scruff sat next to me and decided to cracking a couple of tinnies and I am sure someone shit themselves, it was not just countryside fields we could smell and it was absolutely rank...Coming back the X93 was duplicated from Whitby and again it ended up standing room on both buses

East Durham Service 30 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Hart Station-Blackhall-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Seaham 231 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Blackhall-Horden-Easington. To link with some of my suggestions yesterday

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - cbma06 - 23 Jul 2014

(23 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)Drifter60 EAST DURHAM SERVICE Suggestions.
~~
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 203
~~
~~
~~
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 207
~~
~~
~~
~~

IDEA: the suggestions would then make all the service numbers more aligned as opposed to the current mix match. The new 207 would provide later evening and Sunday buses between Seaham & Murton. 207 daytimes would provide an exact every 20 minute daytime service Seaham-Dalton Park-Murton. 207 would serve East Moor allowing quicker 265 journey times. New 203 provides service to residents lost by removal of 238.

'Lime' 71/72
Chester-Great Lumley-FenceHouses-Houghton-Seaton-New Seaham-Seaham (71)-Dalton Park (72)
Replaces 238 between Seaham & Houghton, provides stable future to 71 by giving it extension. Link to dalton park strengthening connections and travel opportunities.

'CrossDurham' 13/14
Langley Park-Sacriston-Arnsion Centre-Durham-Gilesgate-Belmont-Pittington-Sheburn.
13 hourly, would operate anti clockwise, Durham-Gilesgate-Belmont-Pittington-Sheburn Hill-Sherburn Village-Dragonville-Gilesgate-Durham
14 hourly, would operate clockwise, Durham-Gilesgate-Dragonville-Sheburn Village-Sherburn Hill-Pittington-Belmont-Gilesgate-Durham

I cant see GNE doing a service between Arnsion Centre-Durham-Sherburn, as it will more or less duplicating Arriva 64 route etc..., If their did then nothing stopping Arriva going on GNE 21 route with a 10 minute frequency, then GNE would lose money from their own service, which wont go down to well for the shareholders.

(23 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm)col87 East Durham Service 30 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Hart Station-Blackhall-Peterlee-Dalton Park-Seaham 231 Hartlepool Marina-Hartlepool Centre-Blackhall-Horden-Easington. To link with some of my suggestions yesterday

Cant see this service 30 or 231 coming to life if Pygalls couldn't make a success story of their own 230 service between Hartlepool and Seaham.

only reason why GNE put on service 30 Hartlepool to Sunderland was because of the competition at that time between Arriva and GNE (Bargain Bus,153,D4,30)

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Andreos1 - 23 Jul 2014

(23 Jul 2014, 4:53 pm)cbma06 I cant see GNE doing a service between Arnsion Centre-Durham-Sherburn, as it will more or less duplicating Arriva 64 route etc..., If their did then nothing stopping Arriva going on GNE 21 route with a 10 minute frequency, then GNE would lose money from their own service, which wont go down to well for the shareholders.

That would be a sight to see!
Imagine the hybrids having to keep pace with a competing service?!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - R852 PRG - 23 Jul 2014

(23 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm)Andreos Constantopolous That would be a sight to see!
Imagine the hybrids having to keep pace with a competing service?!

With some commentators of course...... Tongue

(23 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm)cbma06 Cant see this service 30 or 231 coming to life if Pygalls couldn't make a success story of their own 230 service between Hartlepool and Seaham.

only reason why GNE put on service 30 Hartlepool to Sunderland was because of the competition at that time between Arriva and GNE (Bargain Bus,153,D4,30)
Well it could work second time round

(23 Jul 2014, 3:22 pm)Drifter60 EAST DURHAM SERVICE Suggestions.
~~
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 203
~~
~~
~~
~~
NEW 'East Durham' 207
~~
~~
~~
~~

'Lime' 71/72

'CrossDurham' 13/14

Service 239, was originally united bus service starting from Billingham-Sedgefield-Peterlee-Easington, then during the years Billingham-Sedgefield got cut. Later in life the service got extended from Easington to Sunderland when United were competing against Ok travel service along the East Durham corridor, daytime service eventually went with DCC secured the evening and sunday journeys. When GNE gained the secured contract from Arriva, I would of thought that GNE would of extended the service to Sunderland so passengers with GNE tickets could get back to the east Durham area rather than paying more to get on Arriva service.

Renumbering service 239 comes down to DCC, and DCC probably not renumber the service as service 239 is a very long established service which is clinging onto its own service number lol.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 23 Jul 2014

I think the Newcastle to Gateshead section will survive in some form if the Quaylink service is culled due to lack of funding. It would be relatively easy to reroute, say services 53/54, to serve Gateshead College, The Baltic and the Quayside to replace service Q1. However, replacing service Q2 is a more complicated task unless one of the big three wish to operate the service commercially between Newcastle, St Peter's Basin and, perhaps, Walker via The Quayisde.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - WestDurhamSwift - 23 Jul 2014

(23 Jul 2014, 6:32 pm)AdamY I think the Newcastle to Gateshead section will survive in some form if the Quaylink service is culled due to lack of funding. It would be relatively easy to reroute, say services 53/54, to serve Gateshead College, The Baltic and the Quayside to replace service Q1. However, replacing service Q2 is a more complicated task unless one of the big three wish to operate the service commercially between Newcastle, St Peter's Basin and, perhaps, Walker via The Quayside.

Stagecoach could introduce a number of 12A Journeys to Continue up Walker RD, up to St Peters Basin, follow the Q2 link all the way to Market street (current Route) and have it rejoin back onto blackett street following the normal 12 route from there. Using the Q2 alot, everybody (apart from me usually) gets off before Haymarket, near the theatre Royal anyways, and very few people get off down the Ouseburn on the route back towards Walker meaning it could ommit Byker Bank and continue along saving Journey time.

I remember years ago when Stagecoach 34 was Between Wallsend and Central Station, very short route but if it was reworked to serve more stops around the Quayside it could be an option. With all the new homes being built along walker road having only service 18 running that way long term might be a good idea to introduce a new route anyways. Service 18,19,20,34,35,35A,35B used to go that way years back!

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - col87 - 24 Jul 2014

Would this work as a service for the summer S1 Seaham-Peterlee-Horden-Crimden-Hart Station-Hartlepool Headland-Hartlepool Interchange-Seaton Carew S2 Sedgefield-Trimdons-Hartlepool Headland-Seaton Carew

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - MurdnunoC - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:30 pm)col87 Would this work as a service for the summer S1 Seaham-Peterlee-Horden-Crimden-Hart Station-Hartlepool Headland-Hartlepool Interchange-Seaton Carew S2 Sedgefield-Trimdons-Hartlepool Headland-Seaton Carew

Nope.

Although I actually find Seaton Carew quite pleasant and have fond memories of being took there in my childhood, I wouldn't consider it a seaside destination similar to Whitley Bay or South Shields (or even Seaburn or Redcar) and I can't see many people wanting to go there to merit a 'Summer Service'.

I can't see any attraction in The Headland whatsoever. I've been there once out of curiosity and found it to be a complete dump - bereft of tangible or intangible qualities that contribute to the character of a seaside town.

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - V514DFT - 24 Jul 2014

few bonkers ideas regarding the coaster
1B to Birtley
1X Wrekenton-Cobalt

RE: Go North East Service Suggestions - Tom - 24 Jul 2014

(24 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm)V514DFT few bonkers ideas regarding the coaster
1B to Birtley
1X Wrekenton-Cobalt

Can you explain the purpose of extending the 1 to Birtley, when you have a half hourly WAGGONWAY service, and a 7/8 minute Angel service?