North East Buses
Bus stop numbers - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bus stop numbers (/showthread.php?tid=844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Bus stop numbers - MurdnunoC - 07 Jun 2014

(06 Jun 2014, 9:39 pm)gtom Aside the obvious reason that they are incompetent

Does anyone know why the digital signage is seemingly out of use outside Nexus bus stations

The displays in Rowlands Gill 'work', however they only display times for services 45 and 46 and I'm not 100% sure whether the information is accurate. If you need to know the times of any other services which pass through the Gill (47, R3, R4, R5, R6), then you need to go to the bus-stop and look at the timetable.

(07 Jun 2014, 8:29 am)cbma06 I like the DCC bus stop information as it gives you the list of services in order when you arrive at the bus stop.

I must admit that I like how DCC bus-stop information is formatted for this specific reason although I think both DCC and Nexus bus-stop timetables are pretty easy to understand.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 22 Jun 2014

According to the NEXUS liners on their site... the timetables on my road have being updated in to the new style, this will be due to the changes to the 5/5A in Sunderland today.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Adrian - 22 Jun 2014

(22 Jun 2014, 3:01 pm)Michael According to the NEXUS liners on their site... the timetables on my road have being updated in to the new style, this will be due to the changes to the 5/5A in Sunderland today.

This style, for anyone who hasn't seen it.

RE: Bus stop numbers - V514DFT - 08 Jul 2014

Battle hill/hadrian park have them as does shiremoor,also in regards to errors,i had to report to nexus about incorrect flags regarding arriva service 52 between cradlewell and northumbria university,thats why the stickers now say 51/52,smart and effective but crafty at the same time,also has anyone notices that some of them are backwardly numbered

RE: Bus stop numbers - park5354 - 08 Jul 2014

(08 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm)V514DFT Battle hill/hadrian park have them as does shiremoor,also in regards to errors,i had to report to nexus about incorrect flags regarding arriva service 52 between cradlewell and northumbria university,thats why the stickers now say 51/52,smart and effective but crafty at the same time,also has anyone notices that some of them are backwardly numbered

Think they are numbered according the first number of each service ie:

1 10 100
166 62 78

Services starting with 1, then 2 etc.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 17 Jul 2014

Anyone know why thry have removed both bus stops at the wheatsheaf?, the ones next to the pub.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 29 Jul 2014

Most appropriate to this thread...

Time at Houghton-le-Spring bus board is wrong (off by 30 mins or so), and they can't spell 'South Shields' either.
.jpg
DSC_0324.JPG
Size 5.4 MB / Downloads 30

RE: Bus stop numbers - BJ10VUS - 29 Jul 2014

(29 Jul 2014, 5:55 am)Dan Most appropriate to this thread...

Time at Houghton-le-Spring bus board is wrong (off by 30 mins or so), and they can't spell 'South Shields' either.

Still showing more information than most of the QuayLink ones Tongue

RE: Bus stop numbers - tyresmoke - 29 Jul 2014

As good as the ones in Roseworth that reckon we go to "Ingelby Barwick"

RE: Bus stop numbers - Andreos1 - 30 Jul 2014

They have been like that since last week.
Thought I had got there earlier than I actually did.

Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to report it - not sure if anyone else has, so whether Nexus are aware, is another thing.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Acky81 - 07 Sep 2014

Bus stops at burdon road tunstall still have old nexus timetables why??

Re: RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 07 Sep 2014

(07 Sep 2014, 12:47 am)Acky81 Bus stops at burdon road tunstall still have old nexus timetables why??
One on Stockton Road has the old Nexus timetable, with just the old short 39s stopping there.

Someone will have a long wait coming if they want to catch a bus to Doxford Park from that stop!

It's little things like this that make me even more sceptical about Quality Contracts, without wishing to spark debate in this thread.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 11 Sep 2014

Stagecoach in South Shields operate a service 8, which uses Burdon Road in Sunderland, terminating at Fawcett Street, according to the timetable opposite Mowbray Park.

Hmm...

RE: Bus stop numbers - Acky81 - 12 Sep 2014

(11 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm)Dan Stagecoach in South Shields operate a service 8, which uses Burdon Road in Sunderland, terminating at Fawcett Street, according to the timetable opposite Mowbray Park.

Hmm...

Nexus ain't got a clue

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 22 Sep 2014

Seems NEXUS is out cleaning the bus shelters in Penshaw

RE: Bus stop numbers - gtom - 22 Sep 2014

I have a new pet hate with Nexus...

Digital signs....Please Refer To Timetable.

The sooner we get GPS (as GNE have been promising!) the better

RE: Bus stop numbers - Andy - 27 Sep 2014

Apparently the X35/36 are Redarrows

Bus stop numbers - R852 PRG - 27 Sep 2014

(27 Sep 2014, 9:28 am)Andy Apparently the X35/36 are Redarrows

Huh? Bus stops at their best.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 10 Oct 2014

NEXUS need to update their bus station layouts... last time they were updated was in 2013!

RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 18 Oct 2014

This hand-written number looks top notch...