North East Buses
Bus stop numbers - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Bus stop numbers (/showthread.php?tid=844)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Bus stop numbers - gtom - 19 Oct 2014

The timetables along Durham Road in Birtley have been updated again but retain the old Nexus style

RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 20 Oct 2014

The X3 is still pride of place on the bus stop signs along Newcastle Road..!

RE: Bus stop numbers - Jimmi - 20 Oct 2014

The X3 is still pride of place on the bus stop signs along Newcastle Road..!
Some people will never let the withdrawal of the X3 go will they! Big Grin

RE: Bus stop numbers - Andreos1 - 20 Oct 2014

(20 Oct 2014, 2:57 pm)Jimmi Some people will never let the withdrawal of the X3 go will they! Big Grin

Got a mention on the GNE fb page recently too!

RE: Bus stop numbers - S813 FVK - 20 Oct 2014

(20 Oct 2014, 2:58 pm)Andreos1 Got a mention on the GNE fb page recently too!

Aye. Didnt it have something to do with somebody wanting to bring it back but extended to Sunderland rather than Monkwearmouth or wherever it terminated?

RE: Bus stop numbers - Andreos1 - 20 Oct 2014

It was a person who appears on here.

He gets some stick for his opinions of the x3, but if it is something he believes in... 

RE: Bus stop numbers - BJ10VUS - 20 Oct 2014

(19 Oct 2014, 3:48 pm)gtom The timetables along Durham Road in Birtley have been updated again but retain the old Nexus style

Gateshead Civic Centre (towards Newcastle) has the new design, but with the old way of writing times. As in, just being written one time after another, rather than individual rows for hours and minutes. Example below:

http://liners.nexus.org.uk/15G18.pdf

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 03 Nov 2014

Timetable on Green Terrence hasn't being changed yet...

RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 03 Nov 2014

The timetable on Ryhope Road (the one near Mowbray Park and the church) has been updated. It previously showed the timetable for the 'short 39s' which ran between Park Lane and Doxford Park and hadn't been updated after the alterations which saw the introduction of service 26 (29) continuing to Doxford Park to replace these runs. Arriva's X21 is the only bus which stops there apparently - not even the 22/23!

RE: Bus stop numbers - Drifter60 - 03 Nov 2014

(03 Nov 2014, 1:15 pm)Dan The timetable on Ryhope Road (the one near Mowbray Park and the church) has been updated. It previously showed the timetable for the 'short 39s' which ran between Park Lane and Doxford Park and hadn't been updated after the alterations which saw the introduction of service 26 (29) continuing to Doxford Park to replace these runs. Arriva's X21 is the only bus which stops there apparently - not even the 22/23!

Which bus stop is this?

Re: RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 03 Nov 2014

(03 Nov 2014, 7:33 pm)Drifter60 Which bus stop is this?
The bus stop near Bede Tower - perhaps that will be better than my last description?

RE: Bus stop numbers - Acky81 - 03 Nov 2014

(03 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)Dan The bus stop near Bede Tower - perhaps that will be better than my last description?

I remember when it had 26 26A and 36 on the bus stop sign even none have ever stopped there

RE: Bus stop numbers - Drifter60 - 04 Nov 2014

(03 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm)Dan The bus stop near Bede Tower - perhaps that will be better than my last description?

Is this the stop just round the corner? after the crossroads? Or the one below. 

Re: RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 04 Nov 2014

(04 Nov 2014, 7:24 am)Drifter60 Is this the stop just round the corner? after the crossroads? Or the one below. 
Yeah, the one after the corner near Mowbray Park and the church.

Drivers are pretty unaware of whether they're meant to stop there or not; I've been on all services on that corridor (minus the X7) which have stopped there.

RE: Bus stop numbers - Drifter60 - 04 Nov 2014

(04 Nov 2014, 7:27 am)Dan Yeah, the one after the corner near Mowbray Park and the church.

Drivers are pretty unaware of whether they're meant to stop there or not; I've been on all services on that corridor (minus the X7) which have stopped there.

To be fair I didn't even know that was a bus stop! Not sure drivers are even aware of it. I've never seen anyone board there, I only heard of the stop because of the 60's next stop announcemenrs which usually announce that stop just as you enter the interchange for some reason. 

Re: RE: Bus stop numbers - Dan - 04 Nov 2014

(04 Nov 2014, 7:37 am)Drifter60 To be fair I didn't even know that was a bus stop! Not sure drivers are even aware of it. I've never seen anyone board there, I only heard of the stop because of the 60's next stop announcemenrs which usually announce that stop just as you enter the interchange for some reason. 
I know for there used to be a little old woman who was a nurse that used to get on my bus on a morning and she attempted to use that bus stop. Some drivers stopped, others didn't, and that was with using all of the ANE and GNE services.

Like I said before, officially, the short 39s were the only ones due to stop there. Now the X21 does too (which has thankfully seen the short 39s removed from the timetable!)

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 04 Nov 2014

Timetable at Hastings Hill hasn't being changed yet

RE: Bus stop numbers - Malarkey - 26 Nov 2014

Temp Bus Stop in Place at Lambton just before the Phonebox as if you heading towards Birtley, no idea why, but the Perimeter Road has been closed for a few weeks now, with all traffic going through the Village Centre, so it might have something to with Traffic Flow.

RE: Bus stop numbers - gtom - 26 Nov 2014

Durham Road timetables in Birtley have been updated to reflect 937/x22 change. Still in classic mode though

RE: Bus stop numbers - Michael - 15 Jan 2015

Someone has smashed the bus shelter on Gridon lane, where the16/18 stop going towards Red House ans Seaburn... all over the road, meaning cars are driving over it.