North East Buses
Procters Group - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: North Yorkshire Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Thread: Procters Group (/showthread.php?tid=919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Procters Group - Andreos1 - 20 Jun 2014

Compass appear to have bought/hired one of Tynedale's black coaches.

It has just been in Durham, on hire to Urquarts, with Compass Royston vinyls over the Tynedale logos.

Didn't note the reg, but it had accident damage to the dome.

Re: RE: Procters Group - Dan - 20 Jun 2014

(20 Jun 2014, 3:36 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Compass appear to have bought/hired one of Tynedale's black coaches.

It has just been in Durham, on hire to Urquarts, with Compass Royston vinyls over the Tynedale logos.

Didn't note the reg, but it had accident damage to the dome.
I think this past me earlier at Nissan.

Was it a Neoplan massive coach thing? (No good with the model types for coaches)

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 20 Jun 2014

(20 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan I think this past me earlier at Nissan.

Was it a Neoplan massive coach thing? (No good with the model types for coaches)

Not one of the Neoplan Starliners 1624WY (black/silver) or YSU870 (black/silver with Hartlepool FC logo) ?

(20 Jun 2014, 3:40 pm)tyresmoke Not one of the Neoplan Starliners 1624WY (black/silver) or YSU870 (black/silver with Hartlepool FC logo) ?
I only saw the front of it, but it was passing at some speed.

It had a private registration, so the one I saw is probably either of those two.

(20 Jun 2014, 3:40 pm)tyresmoke Not one of the Neoplan Starliners 1624WY (black/silver) or YSU870 (black/silver with Hartlepool FC logo) ?
I only saw the front of it, but it was passing at some speed.

It had a private registration, so the one I saw is probably either of those two.

RE: Procters Group - Andreos1 - 20 Jun 2014

(20 Jun 2014, 3:39 pm)Dan I think this past me earlier at Nissan.

Yeah.
There are four on the website - one of those.

One of the two on the left. http://www.tgtholidays.co.uk/

One of those.

RE: Procters Group - Andreos1 - 23 Jun 2014

Leven Valley 'St Aiden' on the 84 this morning.

RE: Procters Group - Jimmi - 25 Jun 2014

Not very happy with Leven Valley today:

Wanted to go to Teesside Park this afternoon so I waited for the 1318 A66 to Teesside Park from Stockton. First Leven Valley bus we saw was the H66 to Hartburn which some passengers flagged down as they thought it was going to Teesside Park. Then 10 minutes later I thought it was coming, nope it was the 84. Then at the 20 minute mark we saw a Vairo coming down the road which I knew was the Stagecarrige 87 but others thought it might be the A66. 2 minutes later I decided enough was enough and jumped on the X66 to Middlesbrough. Whilst on the X66 I saw the A66 heading for the Transporter.

On my previous trip the H66 to Teesside Park turned up nearly 10 minutes late and the MPD I had on my return to Stockton broke down everytime it stopped and when we got to the Uni an alarm started going and then we stopped across the road from Burger King and the driver got out the cab and lifted the bonnet up and got on the phone, I decided to continue my journey on foot while everyone else stayed on, the driver then drove to the bottom of the High Street and booted everyone off.

The time before that on the R66 I had that Solo with the odd LED screen with paper destinations in the window and it was one of the worst Solos I've ever been on and the back of one of the seats was covered in gaffer tape and the stopping light barely worked and no one could hear the bell.

So any future trips to Teesside Park will be made by car as I'm not using this shambles of a service again.

RE: Procters Group - R852 PRG - 25 Jun 2014

(25 Jun 2014, 3:45 pm)Jimmi Not very happy with Leven Valley today:

Wanted to go to Teesside Park this afternoon so I waited for the 1318 A66 to Teesside Park from Stockton. First Leven Valley bus we saw was the H66 to Hartburn which some passengers flagged down as they thought it was going to Teesside Park. Then 10 minutes later I thought it was coming, nope it was the 84. Then at the 20 minute mark we saw a Vairo coming down the road which I knew was the Stagecarrige 87 but others thought it might be the A66. 2 minutes later I decided enough was enough and jumped on the X66 to Middlesbrough. Whilst on the X66 I saw the A66 heading for the Transporter.

On my previous trip the H66 to Teesside Park turned up nearly 10 minutes late and the MPD I had on my return to Stockton broke down everytime it stopped and when we got to the Uni an alarm started going and then we stopped across the road from Burger King and the driver got out the cab and lifted the bonnet up and got on the phone, I decided to continue my journey on foot while everyone else stayed on, the driver then drove to the bottom of the High Street and booted everyone off.

The time before that on the R66 I had that Solo with the odd LED screen with paper destinations in the window and it was one of the worst Solos I've ever been on and the back of one of the seats was covered in gaffer tape and the stopping light barely worked and no one could hear the bell.

So any future trips to Teesside Park will be made by car as I'm not using this shambles of a service again.

Sorry to hear that.

I very rarely venture that far past Durham, only been to Darlington once as well as Middlebrough the once. Didn't really try much out; other than a bus there, a look around, and a bus back.

RE: Procters Group - AXG675 - 26 Jun 2014

Hi Jimmi. I really do regret your dreadful experience of the Leven Service to Teesside Park. We are trying to save services lost as a result of Government cuts. It is an ongoing process and investment cannot be made until we think demand would justify that investment. Sadly whilst we seek that evidence some of the buses needing replacement have to be used. Chicken and egg? Poor service further undermines possible investment as potential customers choose alternative means because of dreadful experiences that can easily happen with buses whose name cannot be spoken by me.
Sincere apologies. Sincere regrets that you experienced such a shambles. No one here is happy about the way we let you and others down.
Paul Thompson

RE: Procters Group - Andreos1 - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 7:07 am)AXG675 Hi Jimmi. I really do regret your dreadful experience of the Leven Service to Teesside Park. We are trying to save services lost as a result of Government cuts. It is an ongoing process and investment cannot be made until we think demand would justify that investment. Sadly whilst we seek that evidence some of the buses needing replacement have to be used. Chicken and egg? Poor service further undermines possible investment as potential customers choose alternative means because of dreadful experiences that can easily happen with buses whose name cannot be spoken by me.
Sincere apologies. Sincere regrets that you experienced such a shambles. No one here is happy about the way we let you and others down.
Paul Thompson

Hopefully progress can continue to be made.

Kudos for coming on here and apologising in the way you did.

RE: Procters Group - Jimmi - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 7:07 am)AXG675 Hi Jimmi. I really do regret your dreadful experience of the Leven Service to Teesside Park. We are trying to save services lost as a result of Government cuts. It is an ongoing process and investment cannot be made until we think demand would justify that investment. Sadly whilst we seek that evidence some of the buses needing replacement have to be used. Chicken and egg? Poor service further undermines possible investment as potential customers choose alternative means because of dreadful experiences that can easily happen with buses whose name cannot be spoken by me.
Paul Thompson

Thanks for that.

I do understand that you've have taken on many services commercially following cuts, which I must say is quite good as many other operators would have just instantly withdrawn them services. I do understand that many of your buses are old and you probably don't have a large amount of money to invest in new buses at this time. I may use the service again some other time and hopefully things will run more smoothly next time.

Jimmi

RE: Procters Group - Roland Pratt - 26 Jun 2014

T14CRT must have been running for Leven yesterday as I was it on Borough Road about 6.40pm coming into town with passengers on.

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 26 Jun 2014

(26 Jun 2014, 11:49 am)Roland Pratt T14CRT must have been running for Leven yesterday as I was it on Borough Road about 6.40pm coming into town with passengers on.

Sure was it was on an 18/19. Still buses running around with wrong or no destinations too, though it is much reduced on a few weeks ago, appears new roller blinds have been installed in at least part of the fleet

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 07 Jul 2014

OU14SMV is one of 3 new Neoplan Tourliners for Procters, picture on their Facebook page. Plain white with Procters fleetnames in the windscreen at present, it set off on its maiden voyage to France this morning.

RE: Procters Group - Dan - 11 Jul 2014

Former Dales & District E200 MX10DXM is now with Minsterley Motors, Shropshire: https://flic.kr/p/nZqvUm

RE: Procters Group - Jimmi - 11 Jul 2014

On VOSA today.

PB0003967/44 - COMPASS ROYSTON TRAVEL LTD, BOWESFIELD LANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, STOCKTON-ON-TEES, TS18 3EG

Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Wolviston and St Michaels School given service number 895 effective from 02-Sep-2014.

PB0003967/63 - COMPASS ROYSTON TRAVEL LTD, BOWESFIELD LANE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, STOCKTON-ON-TEES, TS18 3EG

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: ESTON BATHS, NORMANBY
Finish Point: NUNTHORPE SCHOOL
Via:
Service Number: NUN 1
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 02-SEP-2014
Other Details: MONDAY TO FRIDAY ( SCHOOL DAYS ONLY )

RE: Procters Group - jaimz13 - 24 Aug 2014

Does LevenValley do Day tickets

RE: Procters Group - Roland Pratt - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 11:21 am)jaimz13 Does LevenValley do Day tickets

Yes they do. Better value than ever now!

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 25 Aug 2014

A few fleet updates that I have found... Probably be more to come too!

The 3 new Neoplans are now confirmed as OU14SWV/SWW/SWX, the first 2 are in Procters livery whilst SWX wears Coach2.com livery.

E200 MX10DXY has left the fleet to Galleon Travel, Essex, whilst Primos YX07HPC (Millers Coaches) and YX07HPE (Harry-o-Transport) have also left.