North East Buses
Procters Group - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: North Yorkshire Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Thread: Procters Group (/showthread.php?tid=919)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Procters Group - Kuyoyo - 02 Oct 2014

Transferred from Esk Valley to Leven Valley from MPD SN06BRV.

RE: Procters Group - AXG675 - 10 Oct 2014

Re post on Stagecoach over the evening and Sunday 61 'taking on' Leven
On behalf of LVC Ltd can I say that I can see a great deal of common sense behind the December Stagecoach changes. I do not subscribe to the 'take on Leven Valley' approach. The appearance of more Leven services in the Stockton area was largely driven by attempting to keep options open for areas that could have been left 'busless'.

Our approach has largely been successful and though some changes will be inevitable Leven's approach has never been to undermine or 'cherry pick' the excellent efforts of Arriva and Stagecoach. We see ourselves as Public Transport SERVANTS rather than utterly commercial and try, not always successfully, to enhance rather than to conflict in provision of services in Cleveland.

Obviously additional services may detract from numbers using  Leven's routes and affect viability. That is part of life in public transport. I have dealt with that reasonably well over almost thirty years and though I am taking less and less daily control of matters plans are afoot on both vehicle and service fronts to continue, hopefully, enhancing public transport alongside (and occasionally underfoot) the two excellent major operators.

It is vital in this divisive and combative world to expect the best and try to keep a sense of good humour on the rare occasions that it does not happen.

Paul Thompson.

RE: Procters Group - Cock Robin - 12 Oct 2014

(10 Oct 2014, 8:33 am)AXG675 Re post on Stagecoach over the evening and Sunday 61 'taking on' Leven
On behalf of LVC Ltd can I say that I can see a great deal of common sense behind the December Stagecoach changes. I do not subscribe to the 'take on Leven Valley' approach. The appearance of more Leven services in the Stockton area was largely driven by attempting to keep options open for areas that could have been left 'busless'.

Our approach has largely been successful and though some changes will be inevitable Leven's approach has never been to undermine or 'cherry pick' the excellent efforts of Arriva and Stagecoach. We see ourselves as Public Transport SERVANTS rather than utterly commercial and try, not always successfully, to enhance rather than to conflict in provision of services in Cleveland.

Obviously additional services may detract from numbers using  Leven's routes and affect viability. That is part of life in public transport. I have dealt with that reasonably well over almost thirty years and though I am taking less and less daily control of matters plans are afoot on both vehicle and service fronts to continue, hopefully, enhancing public transport alongside (and occasionally underfoot) the two excellent major operators.

It is vital in this divisive and combative world to expect the best and try to keep a sense of good humour on the rare occasions that it does not happen.

Paul Thompson.

Pleased to hear that Paul. It certainly sounds like an attack on Leven Valley at first glance but I will reserve judgement until I see the actual timetables. Strange that they didn't take any retaliatory actuon against Arriva when they put the 28B 5 minutes in front of the 610. No doubt they are too big to risk a bus war with, they only like to bully the little boys.

RE: Procters Group - Cock Robin - 12 Oct 2014

Looks like MPD ULP has had the 'new' style Leven Valley fleetname on the back replaced with the old? Thought it was dirty at first!

RE: Procters Group - RobinHood - 12 Oct 2014

(12 Oct 2014, 8:43 am)Cock Robin Pleased to hear that Paul. It certainly sounds like an attack on Leven Valley at first glance but I will reserve judgement until I see the actual timetables. Strange that they didn't take any retaliatory actuon against Arriva when they put the 28B 5 minutes in front of the 610. No doubt they are too big to risk a bus war with, they only like to bully the little boys.

Stagecoach are paid to operate the 610, irrespective of how many people it carries, so they will not be bothered at all about the 28B.

RE: Procters Group - Jimmi - 13 Oct 2014

What is the last stop at Teesside Park for the A66/H66 before it goes out of service, as the driver booted us all off at Morrisons when every other time I have been able to get off at Toys R Us. Driver also drove through lights that had turned red the second he could have definitely stopped in time and left Stockton early.

On previous trips the bus has missed out the cinema and just U turned at the roundabout at Morrisons.

You may remember I had problems with the A66/H66 before. From now on I'm going to get Stagecoach and walk the rest of the way.

RE: Procters Group - Cock Robin - 13 Oct 2014

Have you reported them Jimmi incl the times?

Have you reported them Jimmi incl the times?
I will be doing so later.

RE: Procters Group - AXG675 - 13 Oct 2014

(13 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm)Jimmi What is the last stop at Teesside Park for the A66/H66 before it goes out of service, as the driver booted us all off at Morrisons when every other time I have been able to get off at Toys R Us. Driver also drove through lights that had turned red the second he could have definitely stopped in time and left Stockton early.

On previous trips the bus has missed out the cinema and just U turned at the roundabout at Morrisons.

You may remember I had problems with the A66/H66 before. From now on I'm going to get Stagecoach and walk the rest of the way.

Hi Jimmi.

I am very dispirited that you were again disappointed with the A66/H66 service. I can confirm that Toys R Us/Currys is the last stop before the bus goes out of service.
If you can let me know the time and reg no then I can review the cctv over the alleged red light incident and Cinema omissions?

Whilst I can see that this will not help you, or resurrect our 'reputation', I can at least make sure that my less diligent colleagues are duly reminded of our responsibilities to our customers, stakeholders and other colleagues who desperately want our sevices to continue in a responsible and customer satisfying manner.

Sincere apologies. These events should not have happened. Your report will stop this abuse.

Paul Thompson.

Bus: MX06ULP
Stockton High Street - boarded at 1314 towards Teesside Park.

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 25 Oct 2014

A couple of the newer coaches at Procters have been re-registered:

FJ08BZN > LSU954 Volvo B12B Sunsundegui
SN08CNF > 12KJP Scania Irizar

RE: Procters Group - David McGloin - 27 Oct 2014

Leven valley NX59 BYC repainted 

RE: Procters Group - Kuyoyo - 27 Oct 2014

(27 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm)David McGloin Leven valley NX59 BYC repainted 

Indeed, it has been repainted - but not a simple refresh in white..........

Instead, NX59BYC is the first repaint into plain yellow complete with the new style fleetnames in red and green (rather than the red and yellow used on SN51UCR, W794VMV and Y178/91CFS). Seen below in Middlesbrough this morning.

.jpg
LVL-099-NX59BYV.JPG
Size 605.17 KB / Downloads 53

RE: Procters Group - tango - 28 Oct 2014

Now that is a very smart livery if ever I've seen one, any idea if the whole fleet is to be treated or is this just a one off, certainly gives a strong brand identity!

RE: Procters Group - Kuyoyo - 29 Oct 2014

To follow on, a second vehicle has entered the paintshop for a repaint into the revised plain yellow livery - this being MPD MX05ENE.

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 29 Oct 2014

(29 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm)Kuyoyo To follow on, a second vehicle has entered the paintshop for a repaint into the revised plain yellow livery - this being MPD MX05ENE.

In addition Dart W365ABD has a full yellow front following the completion of accident repairs.

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 10 Nov 2014

As reported in the J&C Coaches thread, Volvo B10M LIL9815 has left Compass Royston for them.
Similar LIL9816 is also up for sale - both have been re-registered to G522/523LWU respectively.

RE: Procters Group - Jimmi - 11 Nov 2014

On VOSA today.

PB1125708/4 - LEVEN VALLEY COACHES LTD, TUTIN ROAD, LEEMING BAR INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9UJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION and MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION given service number 45 effective from 02-Jan-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB1125708/13 - LEVEN VALLEY COACHES LTD, TUTIN ROAD, LEEMING BAR INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9UJ
Variation Accepted: Operating between MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION and MIDDLESBROUGH BUS STATION given service number 18/19 effective from 02-Jan-2015. To amend Timetable.

PB1125708/16 - LEVEN VALLEY COACHES LTD, TUTIN ROAD, LEEMING BAR INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, NORTHALLERTON, DL7 9UJ
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between NORTON GREEN and TEESIDE PARK given service number A66 effective from 02-Jan-2015.

RE: Procters Group - tyresmoke - 11 Nov 2014

It will be interesting to see what these next changes entail... I can see the 45 going half hourly all day myself, in retaliation to the 34

RE: Procters Group - Cock Robin - 11 Nov 2014

(13 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm)Jimmi What is the last stop at Teesside Park for the A66/H66 before it goes out of service, as the driver booted us all off at Morrisons when every other time I have been able to get off at Toys R Us. Driver also drove through lights that had turned red the second he could have definitely stopped in time and left Stockton early.

(11 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm)tyresmoke It will be interesting to see what these next changes entail... I can see the 45 going half hourly all day myself, in retaliation to the 34

Odd. They have a contract to run half hourly to Teesside Park don't they? So if A66 is cancelled the H66 or something else must be increased!