Menu

Pages (100)    198 99 100
Diamond One   07 Oct 2015, 6:11 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 5:25 pm)Davie wrote I was tempted to respond but a couple of mates stood up for me.
If he says owt else I will tell the police about him taking drugs.

probs a chav who thinks things wrong he may get kicked out of college in the past during my Hebburn College nightmare none of the staff believed the bad guys they were horrible to me in the end i almost told them straight only thing the college cared about was there pride instead of sorting out students problems if i was incharge them students who were horrible towards me would have been kicked out by now
LeeCalder   07 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 5:25 pm)Davie wrote I was tempted to respond but a couple of mates stood up for me.

You don't want to be telling them about him taking drugs.... you need to tell them that you are being targeted.

But, speak to a member of staff about it first and see if they can help.
MrFozz   07 Oct 2015, 6:29 pm

(07 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm)LeeCalder wrote You don't want to be telling them about him taking drugs.... you need to tell them that you are being targeted.

Can Police do anything about someone taking drugs??? Surely there ain't much Police can do if you aren't in possession of drugs...

I agree with Lee about complaining your being targeted...

Hope you get it sorted soon Davie...Least you have mates to stand up for you...The world is populated with bell ends like your tormenter
Davie   07 Oct 2015, 6:37 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 6:11 pm)Diamond One wrote probs a chav who thinks things wrong he may get kicked out of college in the past during my Hebburn College nightmare none of the staff believed the bad guys they were horrible to me in the end i almost told them straight only thing the college cared about was there pride instead of sorting out students problems if i was incharge them students who were horrible towards me would have been kicked out by now
He is a chav, he thinks he the best at everything and he's a prick.
(07 Oct 2015, 6:14 pm)LeeCalder wrote You don't want to be telling them about him taking drugs.... you need to tell them that you are being targeted.

Thanks for the advice.

(07 Oct 2015, 6:29 pm)MrFozz wrote Can Police do anything about someone taking drugs??? Surely there ain't much Police can do if you aren't in possession of drugs...

I agree with Lee about complaining your being targeted...

Hope you get it sorted soon Davie...Least you have mates to stand up for you...The world is populated with bell ends like your tormenter

I don't think any one actually likes the kid who bullies me, whenever I see him he is usually by himself.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   07 Oct 2015, 6:42 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 6:37 pm)Davie wrote He is a chav, he thinks he the best at everything and he's a prick.
Thanks for the advice.

I don't think any one actually likes the kid who bullies me, whenever I see him he is usually by himself.

Oh well, at least if no one likes him, you have all the support you need behind you
Davie   07 Oct 2015, 6:44 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 6:42 pm)MrFozz wrote Oh well, at least if no one likes him, you have all the support you need behind you
Aye. To be honest, when he said I photograph buses I thought I was going to get the p### taken out of me, but my mates didn't seem bothered.
Adrian   07 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm
@andreos1 - I don't disagree with anything you've said really, aside from the comment around empire building. 

Your final point is perhaps the most important. Because to get and maintain an active membership, we need flowing discussion and positive contributions. On top of that though, I'll always encourage positive debate, because I think it's important we get a range of views on a particular topic, right across the spectrum.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
BusLoverMum   07 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm
The guy's to be pitied, really, isn't he, Davie? It is a known thing that the best revenge is living well. You have a hobby you love and have some good mates with their heads screwed on right. Your tormentor is clearly not in a good place - alone and taking drugs. There's clearly a lot of crap going on in his head. Talking to someone at college (do you have mentors or tutors or someone else to approach for pastoral matters?) as well as making them aware of how uncomfortable he's making you might flag up that he's struggling and needs some support.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, tonight. Littl'un, who at 9 1/2 isn't actually that little, does not understand that I can't pick him up, anymore (I haven't been able to for about 3 years). He tried to shin up me, earlier, when Husband finally got home. I'm not sure what came off worse - me or the storage box with a hinged lit that I landed in. The hinge is no more. I have a grazed arm, sore knee, bruised backside and even my fingertips are feeling tender! I think I might be limping to my re-scheduled eye test, tomorrow!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Diamond One   07 Oct 2015, 8:41 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The guy's to be pitied, really, isn't he, Davie? It is a known thing that the best revenge is living well. You have a hobby you love and have some good mates with their heads screwed on right. Your tormentor is clearly not in a good place - alone and taking drugs. There's clearly a lot of crap going on in his head. Talking to someone at college (do you have mentors or tutors or someone else to approach for pastoral matters?) as well as making them aware of how uncomfortable he's making you might flag up that he's struggling and needs some support.

I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself, tonight. Littl'un, who at 9 1/2 isn't actually that little, does not understand that I can't pick him up, anymore (I haven't been able to for about 3 years). He tried to shin up me, earlier, when Husband finally got home. I'm not sure what came off worse - me or the storage box with a hinged lit that I landed in. The hinge is no more. I have a grazed arm, sore knee, bruised backside and even my fingertips are feeling tender! I think I might be limping to my re-scheduled eye test, tomorrow!

i got advice for Davie i got from a ex premier league footballer girlfriend who my little sister went to School with she said on the same day i met Frank Lampard that "the person who harasses you will look stupid in the end" at the time i was 15 nearly 16
Davie   07 Oct 2015, 10:27 pm
Thank you both for the great advice, it is much appreciated.
Michael   08 Oct 2015, 6:22 am
Can't be arsed today, got uni all day...... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Jimmi   08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am
Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

Also the photo taking session in Gateshead didn't go well.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   08 Oct 2015, 12:31 pm
(08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am)Jimmi wrote Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

Also the photo taking session in Gateshead didn't go well.

Hah!

I did that on the Angel, the other week. Driver muttered to me "there's other buses to Durham, you know."

I mentally wished his piles well.
Andreos1   08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm
(07 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm)Adrian wrote @andreos1 - I don't disagree with anything you've said really, aside from the comment around empire building. 

Your final point is perhaps the most important. Because to get and maintain an active membership, we need flowing discussion and positive contributions. On top of that though, I'll always encourage positive debate, because I think it's important we get a range of views on a particular topic, right across the spectrum.

And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.
Granted the flowing debate isn't for everyone. But I think we ALL (going back to my point about everyone taking responsibility), need to hold our hands up and say as individuals; we have stifled debate, not encouraged debate, held back from debate or not given a toss about debate.

I think we all know there is a massive difference between the short, sharp posts we have seen fairly recently, compared to some of the longer posts questioning, putting forward points of view etc., seen in the past.
I know which I prefer and I think I know which one encourages the forum to develop and grow.

As a suggestion, why not create two tiers to the forum?
Those wanting debate, can discuss to their hearts content - without the stifling of opinion.
Those wanting to have the sort of discussion that involves the short, sharp posts - that doesn't leave people fed up and not bothering with the site.
No idea how this would be done or if it would be possible, but it would certainly show survival of the fittest! Or, assuming those who don't want debate - don't like what they see when there is the flowing debate, they move on and go elsewhere.

If the forum continues down the vein it has done for the last however many months - without changes/improvements being made, by both members and the admin team, then the situation (and the opinion a lot of members hold) isn't going to change.
I totally appreciate that members will come and go over the life of any forum. I appreciate that not everyone likes each other or appreciates the posts that every member makes. 
However, I am not sure there we have seen the level of discontent (?) and apathy that is displayed currently.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Dan   08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm
(08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm)Andreos1 wrote And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.
Granted the flowing debate isn't for everyone. But I think we ALL (going back to my point about everyone taking responsibility), need to hold our hands up and say as individuals; we have stifled debate, not encouraged debate, held back from debate or not given a toss about debate.

I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.

I also feel that some members of the forum attempt to get involved in a debate, but their lack of knowledge and/or experience quite often results in brash and unfounded statements being made, which can get other members' backs up. Perhaps this is all to be expected, given that quite a number of the forum's members are barely into their teens yet? I'm all for debate, but I think it has to be moderated carefully to ensure that all comments being made are appropriate.
Andreos1   08 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm
(08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm)Dan wrote I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.#

I also feel that some members of the forum attempt to get involved in a debate, but their lack of knowledge and/or experience quite often results in brash and unfounded statements being made, which can get other members' backs up. Perhaps this is all to be expected, given that quite a number of the forum's members are barely into their teens yet? I'm all for debate, but I think it has to be moderated carefully to ensure that all comments being made are appropriate.

Whereas the current situation, sees what?
No debate, pointless posts, people slagging others off both directly and indirectly, people not posting/visiting, an apparent apathy and members asking for their accounts to be closed.
Granted people did that previously, when there was debate. I am not sure if the numbers were so great or obvious.

If the current status quo isn't working, then as I have said previously, we all need to do something about it. Otherwise the forum continues along the path it has been trundling along over the last few months.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   08 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm
A two-tier forum wouldn't work in my opinion, nor would it be technically possible. The only way you could do it would be to have two physical instances of the forum software running, which will never happen.

Rapidsnap   09 Oct 2015, 10:15 am
Roadworks in Coventry resulting in less buses going past the decent photo spot I like

Plus this Citaro I'm on sounds like a bag of spanners.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Davie   09 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm
My asmha is causing me a few problems today
Michael   09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm
Do you ever think.... why do i bother?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm)Michael wrote Do you ever think.... why do i bother?
Quite often.

I've been having some negative thoughts today.
Michael   09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm)Jimmi wrote Quite often.

I've been having some negative thoughts today.

Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
DanPicken   09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm)Michael wrote Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

So am I by someone on here.
Michael   09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm)DanPicken wrote So am I by someone on here.

Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DanPicken   09 Oct 2015, 8:23 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm)Michael wrote Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

I know if I don't receive a reply the I'll give the Gateshead game a miss.
Jimmi   09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm)Michael wrote Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!
I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.
Dan   09 Oct 2015, 8:29 pm
Lee Calder... How could you ignore Dan P?!
Michael   09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm)Jimmi wrote I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.

That's shit.

I was in a class of all girls last year and they all bitched...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   09 Oct 2015, 8:47 pm
(09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm)Michael wrote That's shit.

I was in a class of all girls last year and they all bitched...
Fortunately for levels two and three most the people I didn't like didn't come back after completing level one, most was partly down to the EMA payments being scrapped and they couldn't be arsed. Got on reasonably well with the people on my course for my second and third year.

Most of the ones who left just sat on the dole and three years later they probably still are.
Adrian   09 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm
I'm conscious that we've hit 3,000 posts in this thread, so I'm going to start a V4. I'll leave this one archived in the forum, but further posts won't be possible. Please use the new thread.

What's annoying you today? V4

Pages (100)    198 99 100