Menu

Pages (60)    149 50 5160   
Rob44   12 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm
Should the taxi buses operated buy nexus take OAP bus passes and network 1 pasess??? Also whats this £3 flat fare all about
reymyster9   12 Aug 2022, 3:05 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm)Rob44 wrote Should the taxi buses operated buy nexus take OAP bus passes and network 1 pasess??? Also whats this £3 flat fare all about
Concessionary passes are valid on Nexus TBs, not sure about Network One.
Rob44   12 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 3:05 pm)reymyster9 wrote Concessionary passes are valid on Nexus TBs, not sure about Network One.
not according to the oap's in kibblesworth its a cash only 3 quid fare for everyone?
MurdnunoC   12 Aug 2022, 4:33 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm)Rob44 wrote not according to the oap's in kibblesworth its a cash only 3 quid fare for everyone?

A more cynical poster might throw accusations of 'fiddling' around, however I'm positive such a well-respected firm like Central Taxis of Gateshead would distance themselves from heinous acts like this, if indeed true. But, I agree, something does smell rotten in Denmark. Perhaps it's just a simple misunderstanding, or perhaps, this forum is ill-informed and wrong about how fares on Taxibus services are operated.

I think the best port of call would be contact Nexus direct via the following methods:

Nexus
Nexus House
St James' Boulevard
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Call
Customer Relations
Tel 0191 20 20 747
9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday

They can also be contacted by email at customerrelations@nexus.org.uk
(Thanks ReyMyster9)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   12 Aug 2022, 4:36 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 4:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote A more cynical poster might throw accusations of 'fiddling' around, however I'm positive such a well-respected firm like Central Taxis of Gateshead would distance themselves from heinous acts like this, if indeed true. But, I agree, something does smell rotten in Denmark. Perhaps it's just a simple misunderstanding, or perhaps, this forum is ill-informed and wrong about how fares on Taxibus services are operated.

I think the best port of call would be contact Nexus direct via the following methods:

Nexus
Nexus House
St James' Boulevard
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 4AX

Call
Customer Relations
Tel 0191 20 20 747
9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday

They can also be contacted by email at 
[email=customerrelations@nexus.org.uk]customerrelations@nexus.org.uk
[/email](Thanks ReyMyster9)

cheers. I'm going to blast off an email on Monday
Adrian   12 Aug 2022, 4:45 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 4:36 pm)Rob44 wrote cheers. I'm going to blast off an email on Monday
Might be worth asking them why the info isn't on their website, when you do? If they set the fares, I can't see why it wouldn't be on there!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Rob44   12 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 4:45 pm)Adrian wrote Might be worth asking them why the info isn't on their website, when you do? If they set the fares, I can't see why it wouldn't be on there!

Ive seach all over. there is a document from when south tyneside started using them in 2010 and all passes were accepted.  There is a bit on fares on ther  1.50 if journey under 2.5kn, 3.50 for all day ticket but i would assume thats on on services that are ran by GCT? I wouldn't be able to use that ticket on a "nexus secured" go north east bus?
Adrian   12 Aug 2022, 4:56 pm
(12 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm)Rob44 wrote Ive seach all over. there is a document from when south tyneside started using them in 2010 and all passes were accepted.  There is a bit on fares on ther  1.50 if journey under 2.5kn, 3.50 for all day ticket but i would assume thats on on services that are ran by GCT? I wouldn't be able to use that ticket on a "nexus secured" go north east bus?
According to their publication schedule, fares should be listed on the website and be available in paper form: https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...y_2019.pdf

I've never seen anything in paper form, and what is on the website isn't conclusive. This is all it states for single and return fares: https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus-single-and-return-fares

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rob44   12 Aug 2022, 5:05 pm
this is what i was looking at

https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/fares-selec...s-services

Just realized its in newcastle  and north tyneside.  So wont apply to the 67/69 when they get ran by GCT Sad
Rob44   15 Aug 2022, 11:01 am
Email sent - got auto reply.....

Thank you for contacting Nexus. We will endeavour to respond to your email within 5 working days of receipt, however, there may be times when we receive large volumes of customer contact due to unforeseen problems and unable to meet response time targets. In these circumstances, we will put a message on the Nexus website explaining the reason and what plans we have in place to ensure the time it takes us to reply is kept to a minimum. If you require travel information, please visit www.nexus.org.uk If you would like to speak to a member of the Customer Relations team, please telephone 0191 2020747. Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm.

Kind regards
Customer Relations

Hopefully might get confirmation by friday!
Rob44   16 Aug 2022, 1:11 pm
See the tories are putting " more" money into the system to make it a £2 max fare outside london. Hopefully start by thursday as im going to town for a session!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/b...2-27747026
Rob44   22 Aug 2022, 2:34 pm
just go a reply from nexus.

Thank you for your email.

Yes, the service TB14 does accept both Concessionary Travel passes, and Network One tickets.

We have spoken to Gateshead Central Taxis with regards to the comments made on social media and it was not themselves who posted this information.
They had already been made aware of the comments from other passengers, however they do not know who posted them.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
streetdeckfan   28 Aug 2022, 11:49 am
(28 Aug 2022, 11:37 am)DeltaMan wrote Buckle up folks

https://www.ft.com/content/45213142-fd8d...ffdae9700a

The irony of having to pay to read an article about price rises
Ambassador   29 Aug 2022, 10:11 am
Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Rob44   29 Aug 2022, 10:17 am
(29 Aug 2022, 10:11 am)Ambassador wrote Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place

think they went up to 1.90 with the price rise
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   29 Aug 2022, 11:12 am
(29 Aug 2022, 10:11 am)Ambassador wrote Does anyone know I& the local savers (Gateshead for £1.80) are still in place
Sure they were more than that last time I travelled in that zone.

The website still had them on at the time, but the amount charged had gone up.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Ambassador   29 Aug 2022, 11:37 am
Bloody hell, that makes the premium to cross the Tyne an eye watering £1.50.

The saver fare 8s great value for money in comparison

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Rob44   29 Aug 2022, 11:55 am
ive seen loads of people on the 29 just ask for gateshead and not get off till newcastle - mainly at the last to home match days but not always
BusLoverMum   29 Aug 2022, 5:47 pm
(29 Aug 2022, 11:37 am)Ambassador wrote Bloody hell, that makes the premium to cross the Tyne an eye watering £1.50.

The saver fare 8s great value for money in comparison
Cos you need your passport, innit.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   10 Sep 2022, 10:26 am
Just been informed by the driver of the X12 that the rules around using a bus pass with a companion before 9:30am on week days are changing so only one gets on for 50p and the other has to pay full fare.
Unber43   10 Sep 2022, 10:34 am
(10 Sep 2022, 10:26 am)BusLoverMum wrote Just been informed by the driver of the X12 that the rules around using a bus pass with a companion before 9:30am on week days are changing so only one gets on for 50p and the other has to pay full fare.
Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?
streetdeckfan   10 Sep 2022, 10:39 am
(10 Sep 2022, 10:34 am)Unber43 wrote Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?
I would assume Durham, I don't think Tyne and Wear let you use a concessionary ticket before 9:30 at all unless you have a hospital appointment or the like.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
BusLoverMum   10 Sep 2022, 12:29 pm
(10 Sep 2022, 10:34 am)Unber43 wrote Is that in County Durham or Tyne & Wear?
County Durham.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
DaveFromUpNorth   12 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm
(29 Aug 2022, 5:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Cos you need your passport, innit.

Try the Tyne Tunnel!
DeltaMan   23 Sep 2022, 8:03 pm
Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?
Unber43   23 Sep 2022, 8:17 pm
(23 Sep 2022, 8:03 pm)DeltaMan wrote Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?
I know for GNE I don't know what ticket it is, I assume the Network One, one they just show the driver and they get on.
Storx   23 Sep 2022, 8:30 pm
(23 Sep 2022, 8:03 pm)DeltaMan wrote Which app is the best one to buy a Network one ticket? For example, can I scan a GNE and Arriva ticket in each other machine or do I need to show the driver. Is there much hassle at Metro barriers etc?

I don't know if you live near a Metro Station but personally I'd get a physical ticket. Bus drivers aren't friendly at using each other's tickets from experience and at least you can get through the Metro barriers without hassle.

Can't comment on scanning the Network One tickets but Explorer tickets don't work between Arriva and GNE and quite often you get snotty drivers, 'Can't use this on here, this is an Arriva bus' or vice versa or idiots who just argue you can't use it at all.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
deanmachine   23 Sep 2022, 8:33 pm

If you want the least hassle, Nexus do a Pop card that you can get Network One on. Unfortunately I don't know the details on how to get it, but it works on all bus ticket machines and taps on the metro barriers too.
DeltaMan   23 Sep 2022, 8:38 pm
Thanks, the user experience for the Network One mtickets sound pretty rubbish compared to somewhere like West Yorkshire centralised Mcard Mobile where the you get two QR codes when you buy a multi model day or week pass. One for bus and one for train and you just scan without the worry of it going wrong or showing the driver
Pages (60)    149 50 5160